PDA

View Full Version : Football **** OFFICIAL BCS National Championship Game Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Florida Gators vs Oklahoma Sooners
8PM EST - FOX
Kickoff: 8:15PM EST

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0107/ncf_bcsprev2_576.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2558/zbcscgaz2.png

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Heading to the airport... Have a great day all and good luck to both...

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:48 AM
The best? Surely you jest -- but Tebow just might be the greatest

By Dennis Dodd
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

MIAMI -- It sounds incredibly sappy, maybe even delusional. In this hard-bitten world, it's foolish to call anyone the greatest.

So before going there, let's ease into the subject of this BCS title game. Florida-Oklahoma has a chance to be the best title game of the 11-year BCS era, outstripping the 2006 Rose Bowl classic between Texas and USC. One of the coaches is going to win his second national championship this decade. Two Heisman winning quarterbacks meet for the second time in a title game. The amount of future NFL talent ready to go to the next level could make this game a different kind of classic -- in draft war rooms.

But there is something more at stake here. Think if you got to see Babe Ruth call his shot at Wrigley Field.

Or Red Grange account for six touchdowns three different ways against Michigan.

We've seen Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan revolutionize their sports.

Doesn't Tim Tebow have a little of all those guys in him? The flair of Gretzky and Jordan? The confidence of Ruth (remember Ole Miss)? The game-changing ability of Grange? The problem is, no one has ever made the leap you're about to read with a straight face.

It's not cool for a sportswriter to gush, but when it's right there in front of you, you've got to report the facts.

Tim Tebow might be the greatest college football player of all time.

Not the best. Lord knows, there are others bigger and faster. We're talking greatest. Total package: Impact. Championships. Football skills. Humanitarian skills. College football's GOAT. And a legacy that, like Grange or Jim Thorpe before him, has a chance to last decades.

"I don't know if he's the best passer. I don't know if he has the best arm," said Florida teammate Percy Harvin. "I do think he'll go down as the most dominating player to play college football."

In this meeting of Heisman-winning quarterbacks, Tebow has overshadowed Oklahoma's Sam Bradford. Not intentionally. Tebow is Superman, Larry Csonka with an arm, the milk-guzzling superstar with 108 career touchdowns and almost 2,000 career rushing yards.

The 2008 winner, Bradford, is the quiet, humble, pocket-passing hero of the Cherokee Indian Nation.

"It's not going to come down to one player," Bradford said of the quarterback comparison.

Actually, it might. Ask Barry Switzer.

"Who would I rather have?" the former Oklahoma coach asked. "If I was coaching, I'd probably want Tebow."

"We always tell him," Bob Stoops said, cautioning Bradford about trying to do too much, "don't try to be Superman."

There's only one of those.

All that is said with the reminder that Tebow's numbers are down across the board from his Heisman-winning season. Whatever the result Thursday night, it will be because what Tebow does -- or doesn't -- do.

Oklahoma has to stop or slow him to win. End of game analysis.

Alabama was preoccupied with Tebow in the SEC Championship Game a month ago. Nick Saban thought he had devised a defense to slow, if not altogether stop, Tebow and Florida's single-wing hybrid offense. 'Bama came to line with three different defensive options based on Florida's offensive look. Other teams came to the line showing Florida what it was going to do. Alabama disguised it and led after three quarters.

Saban and Tide still couldn't prevent a fourth-quarter comeback. It was the first in Tebow's 25 career starts.

Even more than that, how do you measure a man who barged into a defensive huddle on the sideline that night and urged his teammates to get a stop? A loss against Ole Miss in September got him so fired up that he went out and helped lead the team to nine consecutive wins.

It's the total package that puts him near the top of any all-time list. Florida's junior quarterback is attempting to win his -- and the Gators' -- second national championship in three years. That might surpass, in many fans' minds, the accomplishments of the greatest Gator of them all, Steve Spurrier.

"He's the quarterback of the future," Spurrier said during Tebow's freshman year. "Actually, he's the quarterback of today. He's just a guy that can run around and break some tackles and still gets balls off. He's really the type of quarterback that almost everyone is looking for."

Two years later, Tebow has solidified his spot among all-time Gators while the one-time, standalone all-time Gator still can't find a quarterback.

The comparisons go beyond Bradford and Spurrier for Tebow. Thorpe played multiple sports and is known by some as the country's greatest amateur athlete. But to call him a humanitarian probably would be a mistake.

Barry Sanders was basically a one-and-done guy at Oklahoma State, where he set the single-season rushing record and left after his junior season. Sammy Baugh was an innovator. Herschel Walker bulldozed the way for the Bulldogs. The best comparison to Tebow might be to modern-day greats -- Vince Young and Tommie Frazier.

Both won championships. Both were option guys. Young is considered by many to be the best player in Texas history. Frazier wasn't much of a thrower, but his spectacular performance in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl convinced Spurrier to go out and hire a young-buck defensive coordinator from Kansas State. Bob Stoops was part of a national championship in his first season at Florida.

Now, as Oklahoma's coach, Stoops is trying to defend against the next evolution of those players. Frazier's coach, Tom Osborne, has admitted to channel surfing on game days and being most impressed with Urban Meyer's version of the zone read offense that has made Tebow a star.

"Boy," Osborne told the Omaha World-Herald, "I wish I had thought of that."

Like Tebow, Grange had otherworldly skills for his time and helped stamp college football in the national consciousness. That ideal still exists today in small way. College players are still generally portrayed as young and innocent until they prove otherwise. Tebow has never given us reason to doubt his character.

"Most people are just very skeptical," Bob Tebow said between shots during a round of golf with his sons on Wednesday.

Those skeptics can't believe, Bob says, that his son is so squeaky clean. They can't believe he drinks a glass of milk the night before a big game or that he enjoys Sinatra.

"Send In The Clowns," Tim said proudly.

"There are fake, counterfeit $20 bills out there," Bob said. "That doesn't stop you from spending your real $20 bills in the world. Especially from some cultures in our country, you have a tendency to be skeptical and see a lot of fake people. Real and genuine doesn't mean you have no flaws. Are you who you claim to be? He doesn't claim to be perfect. "

True, Tebow has missed on 33.9 percent of his career passes. (Obviously, a 66.1 percent completion rate isn't bad.) He doesn't pick up every third-and-short. But he does show up at 6 a.m. to work out with the offensive linemen when his teammates are still catching Z's. He did stand up in front of 10,000 Filipinos at age 15 to talk about his Christian faith.

"I come to work every day with a guy whose sole purpose is to be the best at everything he does," offensive coordinator Dan Mullen said. "Want to go race? Race him around the stadium right now. He's going to win. He's made me a much better person."

On the GOAT question, Mullen doesn't necessarily want to go there. As great as Tebow has been, there is the issue of his senior season still to go if he doesn't opt for the NFL after Thursday.

"I think if he comes back next year, if he develops like he will next year, we will be hard-pressed to put anyone above him," Mullen said. "He might not be the best quarterback, best this, best that. Best football player? He might be."

If Tebow comes back, he could nail down another honor: career leader in awards. One Heisman (at least). A shot at three national championships depending on what happens Thursday night. All-SEC and All-America honors coming out the ying-yang.

Oklahoma's Dominique Franks doesn't think much of the sensation he is about to face. The OU corner said this week that Tebow would be the fourth-best quarterback in the Big 12. At best.

"I'm just thankful for being fourth," Tebow said, smiling.

His teammates, though, see the look in their quarterback's eyes. It doesn't take much to get those competitive juices going. When he lost the Heisman last month (despite getting the most first-place votes), he said, "Why forget about it? I'll be motivated enough."

"You don't want to wake up a sleeping giant," Harvin said. "Tebow, you just kind of leave him alone. Now you've got to deal with him running even harder. You don't want to give him extra ammunition."

"Motivation" is usually an eye-roller for journalists. Just another cliché. Tebow puts a face on it. He will always find a cause. During three offseason breaks, Tebow made mission trips to the Philippines, Croatia and Thailand. He has made 11 visits to prisons to teach the gospel.

He might play two years in the NFL, he might play 15. But at some point his entire life is going to be directed to spreading his faith. The NFL is merely the next goal/hurdle. The family is tired of hearing that Tim can't quarterback at the next level. Tebow has the mobility and size to get around in the pocket, but critics question his throwing ability.

"That's hysterical, hilarious," Bob said, "All the quarterback problems they have in the NFL? He'll be a quarterback in the NFL. It's hard to even comment on it without saying something about the person's intelligence who is making that comment."

Will Superman be OK if he never plays in the pros?

"Yeah, I'll be OK," he said. "Will I be upset? Obviously. That's my goal. But, no, it's not going to mean my life is over because there are a lot more things that are important to me."

Life continues Thursday night.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11234423

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Heading to the airport... Have a great day all and good luck to both...

Have a great time and Go Gators! ;)

Pablo
01-08-2009, 06:56 AM
I hope the Sooners beat the piss outta the Tebows...represent the Big 12 and all, but I'm really just hoping for an entertaining game.

On a side note, here's an excellent Tebow song..a Soulja Boy remix at that..It's got some really great lines..I'm LOLing listening to it again.

****NSFW****

Enjoy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kxe8R6BhdBQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kxe8R6BhdBQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scorp
01-08-2009, 07:36 AM
OU wins national championship!...........................thread over :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:47 AM
OU wins national championship!...........................thread over :thumb:

Brilliant!

chiefs1111
01-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Hope it will be a great game and hopefully my Gators come out on top

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Hope it will be a great game and hopefully my Gators come out on top

Screw that, I want Florida to blow them out.

Stryker
01-08-2009, 08:14 AM
SEC complete domination. LSU and Florida BOTH have 2 balls!

Stryker
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Deja vue!

http://www.40acressports.com/images/florida-gators-bcs-thumb.jpg

Chief Henry
01-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Look for some incredible slobber knockers from both sides. Each team is gunning for the other teams QB.

Oklahoma 34
Florida 20

StcChief
01-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Big12 rep. OU for the BCS Champion

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Look for some incredible slobber knockers from both sides. Each team is gunning for the other teams QB.

Oklahoma 34
Florida 20

While OU may win the game, there's no way they hold Florida to just 20 points.

Gonzo
01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
I really don't care who wins. I just hope they don't show each q.b.'s family after every friggen play like they did with Daniels and Mccoy.

Chieficus
01-08-2009, 08:48 AM
OU 42
UF 31

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM

No way Ohio State could hold Texas to under 40 either. I hope the Sooners kill them, I hate Florida. I hate em but I do respect em, and they have a good team this year, hopefully it's a really good game.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Strength in Numbers: Dedicated coach inspires Gators to unite team, unlock full potential

By BRIAN STEELE, Alligator Staff Writer

MIAMI – You stumble in at around 5 in the morning. You're met headfirst with a view of your normal weight room, your sanctuary, warped into a Quentin Tarantino horror flick. You can't see anything besides the four walls, because the windows are blocked with panels – it feels like you're in jail.

All you can see is your normal workout gear with pictures of chainsaws and bloodied corpses surrounding the area. Ropes and chains are littered throughout the gym, symbols showing this isn’t your sister’s weight room.

Happy Valentine's Day, suckers.

Most of the Gators knew what was coming, and they had goosebumps to prove it. For those who had not been through it, they couldn’t have imagined what UF strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti had planned for what he calls the “Valentine’s Day Massacre.” Unlike the actual Saint Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 in Chicago, when members of Al Capone’s South Side Italian gang allegedly shot seven members of Bugs Moran’s North Side gang, nobody dies in Marotti’s version.

Death, however, doesn’t seem that far off at the end of the morning.

Let’s just say this: Freshman defensive lineman Matt Patchan and junior receiver David Nelson call it hell. Maybe they’re referring to the stadium runs the team has to do after a two-hour workout, continuing each exercise — from leg and bench presses to sled pulls — until they physically cannot go on. Then, after they can’t do any more on their own, trainers help the players pump out more reps. Try running a stadium after your legs are quivering from doing more leg presses than you ever have amid constant yells from players wearing war paint across their faces. Even the water carriers do some shouting.

If you’re not careful, you may even witness a 50-pound dumbbell hurling across the gym toward you, courtesy of Marotti, of course.

When asked about the Massacre, players just start shaking their heads and laughing in resignation.

“The intent for those workouts is not to walk out of there,” sophomore right guard Mike Pouncey says. “Most guys don’t walk out of there.”

Those who don’t walk may be throwing up their late-night Five Star Pizza binge from the day before.

Marotti makes grunts that, according to Patchan, sounds like a “mating walrus.”

“It’s like an angry grunt,” Patchan says. “It’s real aggressive and loud. It’s like the stuff that would scare children at night. He’s the type of guy that you don’t have him tell your son a bedtime story.”

Those are some ways to describe that day. Here are some others:

A turning point for a previously immature, selfish and entitled team.

A challenge to see how this group of Gators will respond when they’re at their weakest, when they’re backed against a wall.

An opportunity to become the man you’re capable of being. As Marotti puts it, coming face to face with your “genetic potential.”

A time to learn you’re not a group that will give up when others stand up to you.

And, maybe, a chance for the Gators to show they are capable of being one of the most dominant teams in college football history.

The Bad, The Worse, and the Ugly

The coaching staff knew it was imminent in January 2007.

When junior linebacker Brandon Siler told them he would be leaving early for the NFL, the last leadership pillar had fallen. Gone was Dallas Baker. Reggie Nelson would soon be grinning his goofy grin for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jarvis Moss would also be lining up against the best in the world.

The triumph of a national championship led to a depressing exodus.

“The red flag went up fast,” Meyer said.

He had good reason to be worried, too. Those players were replaced with younger, immature counterparts who were not ready to lead. Comparing the summer of 2006 to 2007 was like watching high school players try to keep pace with Percy Harvin.

“They just wanted to know, why are we doing this and we had to do this and questioning everything about everything,” Marotti said.

The summer workouts weren’t taken seriously. After all, the Gators had just won a championship and opponents were going to let them win another one, right?

“Guys just went through the motions,” Nelson said. “We’d won it the year before, so we thought we had all the answers. We thought we’d come into this year and just expect to win. We just expected things to come to us.”

Things didn’t.

“Selfish players. Individuals,” Brandon Hicks said of the 2007 team. “Anything you want to call us, we basically were.”

What they were was a group of young players who didn’t yet understand what it took to win at the college level. In high school, they were able to just show up and let their physical gifts take over.

“It really is sickening to my stomach when I watch film from 2007,” junior linebacker Ryan Stamper said. “I see guys that just didn’t play hard. We’re playing for the Florida Gators, and that’s pretty much a privilege. We had guys taking advantage of that. We have kids from all over the world wanting to play here.”

Slacking like that doesn’t work in the Southeastern Conference. When LSU converted five of five fourth-down attempts in the Tigers’ 28-24 win, it became obvious the Gators could be socked in the mouth and kept down.

“When push came to shove, we felt when we were going to be challenged that we were going to have a hard time,” Marotti said. “That’s kind of what happened.”

A sign in the team room says that talent gets you seven wins. As Meyer pointed out, the Gators had nine — the talent was there. Discipline gets you eight to nine wins, according to the sign, and leadership will get you a championship. Consider those last two parts graded an “I” for incomplete.

“Last year was a really bad team,” Meyer said. “There was some good stuff, but that was not a good team. The accountability and leadership was almost minimal.”

Those issues were already clear to the staff. Then they were shown to the nation as the Gators were embarrassed by a 41-35 loss in the Capital One Bowl against Michigan.

That’s when Meyer had a conversation that lasted at least an hour and a half with middle linebacker Brandon Spikes in the spring. Quarterback Tim Tebow, offensive linemen Jason Watkins, Phil Trautwein and Jim Tartt and tight end Cornelius Ingram knew this was not what they wanted.

“We looked at each other and said, ‘Man, we got to do it (in 2008),” Watkins said. “We can’t have another year like this.”

The Good, The Better, and The Winning

The following statement is unanimous: The summer of 2008 was completely different than the previous one had been.

Forget about overlooking workouts. Those were more important than ever for the UF football team. Bonds were built, and friendships that seemed unrealistic became commonplace. Before a workout, Marotti would grab a player and ask him about another player, someone Marotti knew the player wouldn’t normally hang out with. If you didn’t know the other, it was time to do some homework. Whether it was dinner out together or a Madden tournament, there would be no more individuals.

“The way we approached the off-season, guys wanted to get up every morning at 5:30 to try and get better,” Spikes said. “We do a lot of things that people really don’t do, and we do it in one day, at 5:30 in the morning. We look forward to the next day, the next challenge that our strength coach puts in front of us.”

There was no more asking Marotti why they should do something. It was intangible, sure, and difficult to describe, but it existed.

“You can see it in their eyes when we’re working out,” sophomore free safety Major Wright said.

Now, when Marotti goes about screeching and slapping players on the back, they holler back — with similar intensity.

“Everybody’s screaming and yelling,” Pouncey said. “It’s just crazy, man. That’s why we win championships around here.”

The players say Marotti has a lot of “juice.” Now, that juice is available in fresh, drinkable bottles in every player's locker.

Perhaps Pouncey will down a couple sips while reading a statistic about an upcoming opponent that sacks the quarterback more than anyone else. Spikes may enjoy a comment about how opposing receivers think they can run past him. All that while Tebow laughs over the next defender opening his mouth about how Tebow's overrated or will finally have a bad game against them.

It’s all about motivation with Marotti. Meyer even agrees he has had as much to do with the turnaround in 2008 as anybody.

“The motivation factor that (Marotti) brings to our whole program is the best I’ve been around from a strength coach,” defensive line coach Dan McCarney said. “The best I’ve ever been around.”

The Best?

Urban Meyer was standing before his team, giving them a pregame speech at the SEC Championship Game against Alabama on Dec. 6. That’s until Mickey Marotti couldn’t take it anymore. Marotti interrupted, blue in the face, blood splattered on his hand from the glass he had just shattered. Moments earlier, he had flipped offensive line coach Steve Addazio off his chair.

Marotti screamed that critics had called UF soft, a finesse team. He used language players said doesn’t belong in a newspaper.

“That was genuine,” junior Joey Sorrentino said.

Not even Marotti knows where this side of him comes from. Maybe it's that he was the undersized kid growing up in Pittsburgh who, as a sixth grader, wanted to play football and basketball with the eighth graders.

“He must’ve got picked on when he was little,” senior Butch Rowley joked.

That’s one way to put it.

“I just try to be bizarre and make the kids (say), ‘What are you doing?’” Marotti said.

Whatever Marotti did, what the players did was win another SEC Championship.

Now they have an opportunity to show how much those extra bench presses mean. That running stadiums after the most difficult two-hour workout of their lives was worth it.

Hanging out with someone they wouldn't have before has led them to, perhaps, UF’s third national championship.

Meyer has kept his team’s emotions in check, made sure his players haven’t released all their adrenaline before today.

That ends now. At 8:17 tonight, the Gators will take the final leap on a voyage that started last Valentine’s Day.

It’s their chance to have another massacre. This time, they may be the ones administering the pain.

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/01/08/sports/football/090108_bcswrap.txt

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 08:56 AM
No way Ohio State could hold Texas to under 40 either. I hope the Sooners kill them, I hate Florida. I hate em but I do respect em, and they have a good team this year, hopefully it's a really good game.

20 points is less than half of Florida's normal output. They've played much better defenses than OU and have demolished them. Saying OSU wouldn't hold Tejas below 40 (who said that, anyway?) and OU would hold Florida to 20 are not the same thing.

Chief Henry
01-08-2009, 08:56 AM

If Tebow throws a pick and Florida looses a Fumble or two, then kicking two FG's with two TD's...i'd say thats about right. The OK defense will knock the crap out of Tebow and that causes him to fumble on one or two of his scrambles for extra yards. I'm basing this on his desire and will as a senior to outshine the OU QB. I beleave Tebow will do what ever it takes and he'll
make a mistake with the ball on scrambles.

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
20 points is less than half of Florida's normal output. They've played much better defenses than OU and have demolished them. Saying OSU wouldn't hold Tejas below 40 (who said that, anyway?) and OU would hold Florida to 20 are not the same thing.

This is true. It's going to be a great game. I watched the re-run of Texas-USC last night. Let's hope we have another one like that where the Big 12 comes out on top!

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
If Tebow throws a pick and Florida looses a Fumble or two, then kicking two FG's with two TD's...i'd say thats about right. The OK defense will knock the crap out of Tebow and that causes him to fumble on one or two of his scrambles for extra yards. I'm basing this on his desire and will as a senior to outshine the OU QB. I beleave Tebow will do what ever it takes and he'll
make a mistake with the ball on scrambles.

Ummm... ok, put down the pipe and stop taking the stupid pills. OU's defense will knock the crap out of Tebow? That claim has been made before by Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State and others who have better defense than OU. All of them have been wrong. Second, Tebow is not a senior, no matter what you "beleave".

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Haden, Gators hope to join USC as top college football powerhouse

By MIKE McCALL, Alligator Staff Writer

MIAMI – Joe Haden is a starting cornerback for UF – one of the nation's most well-known and respected teams – and he's about to play for the Gators in their second BCS Championship appearance in three seasons.

It would seem as though Haden is sitting atop the college football world, but he doesn’t see it that way just yet. He knows UF still has work to do before it can lay claim to being America’s preeminent program, and he marvels at the school that currently holds that honor.

“I look at college football and see a lot of good teams, but when I look at USC, even though I’m playing college football, I’m still just like, ‘Man, that’s a great team,’” Haden said. “They have one guy, (safety) Taylor Mays, when I look at him, he looks like a superhero or something.

“Me and my dad were talking about how you’re not supposed to look that good in your equipment.”

For most of the 2000s, Southern Cal has ruled the NCAA. The Trojans have finished in the top five of the final Associated Press rankings every year since 2002, and they’re poised to extend that streak after defeating Penn State in the Rose Bowl last week.

USC has been the benchmark for success in college football lately, but if Haden and No. 1 UF can get past No. 2 Oklahoma tonight in the BCS title game, they’ll accomplish something even the Trojans haven’t.

Since the BCS started in 1998, just one team has won two outright championships, but both the Gators (2006) and Sooners (2000) have a title in hand, meaning tonight’s winner will join 2007 champion LSU as the only teams with two BCS titles.

A UF win would establish the Gators as serious challengers to USC’s throne, and with a wealth of talent and a solid coaching staff, they are poised to start a dynasty.

“It’ll put us way up there,” Haden said. “To have two championships in three years, and then we pretty much have the whole team coming back next year, so it will do a lot for momentum heading into next season on such a high.”

But the Sooners — who have the most BCS title appearances (four) — are thinking the same thing, and each team will lean on its dynamic offense to make the difference.

Both squads have great balance, averaging more than 200 yards passing and rushing each game, but Oklahoma has blown UF away statistically while playing in the suddenly high-scoring Big 12 Conference.

The Sooners average 54 points and 562.1 yards per game, compared to UF’s 45.2 and 442.4, but they’ll be without electrifying running back DeMarco Murray (hamstring), while the Gators could get a big boost from the return of receiver Percy Harvin, who missed the Southeastern Conference Championship with a sprained ankle.

Harvin says he feels 95-percent healthy and can sprint and make cuts, but his status will be a mystery until he touches the ball in Dolphin Stadium at 8 p.m.

Oklahoma cornerback Dominique Franks said he is actually hoping Harvin will be fully healthy, because “when we win, we don’t want any excuses.” Still, the talented wideout’s effect on the Gators’ offense might be too much for the Sooners’ beleaguered defense to handle, as, in addition to his own playmaking ability, he opens up the field for teammates by drawing attention from defenders.

And after more than a month without playing in a game, Harvin is more ready than ever to turn in a classic performance.

“What I told the team and what coach (Urban) Meyer told me was, if I get to play in this game, it’s going to be one of the best shows that has ever been put on,” Harvin said.

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/01/08/sports/football/090108_foot.txt

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
This is true. It's going to be a great game. I watched the re-run of Texas-USC last night. Let's hope we have another one like that where the Big 12 comes out on top!

That was one of the best games I've seen. Ever.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Oklahoma out to prove the Big 12 can play defense

By PHIL KEGLER, Alligator Staff Writer

MIAMI – It all started with a playful jab. It's become a war of the words.

CBS analyst Verne Lundquist said during the Southeastern Conference Championship Game broadcast that UF quarterback Tim Tebow, while discussing his Heisman vote, had joked he would like to go up against a Big 12 defense. The comment referred to some critics who have deemed the offensive statistics put up by Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford, Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell, and Texas’s Colt McCoy inflated.

The Sooners' defense is tired of answering questions about Tebow and the UF offense, and defensive back Dominique Franks finally couldn’t hold back any longer.

“If you look at the three best quarterbacks in the country, (they) came from the Big 12,” Franks said. “The three best receivers in the country came from the Big 12. The three best tight ends came from the Big 12. So we’ve faced some great offenses, and a lot of people don’t understand that other conferences don’t have what we face.”

While Franks’ teammates and coaches said they didn’t feel Franks meant any disrespect, the sophomore declined all interview requests the following day.

Tebow made light of Franks' comments and said that his remark to CBS had been misunderstood.

“I didn’t say it like that,” Tebow said. “I dream of playing teams like Texas, Oklahoma, but also the Penn States, USC. So when I was talking about it, I was talking about it in a way like that, not like we’re superior to them. That wasn’t what I meant.”

And the debate between SEC and Big 12 defenses has carried on. The stats show SEC backers may have a point — 11 of 12 league teams rank in the top 40 in total defense.

How many Big 12 teams rank that high? Zero.

UF linebacker Brandon Spikes made his opinion of Big 12 defenses known. He thinks they’re a joke.

“When I watch SportsCenter, I look at the scores, and it’s 56-49, just basketball scores,” Spikes said. “I feel like it’s a joke. Like I said, Ole Miss ran up and down the field on a Big 12 defense.

“If they can stop our offense, hey, my hat goes off to them. But I don’t really think they can. As long as we play well on defense, give the ball back to Tim and the rest of those guys, we should roll.”

Oklahoma’s defense will have plenty of motivation but will have to improve on its regular-season statistics. Nationally, the Sooners ranked 63rd in total defense and 98th in pass defense.

Defensive back Nic Harris was short when asked about preparing for UF playmaker Percy Harvin.

“No other difference than preparing for (Texas Tech receiver) Michael Crabtree or (Missouri receiver) Jeremy Maclin,” Harris said. “Next question.”

Sooners coach Bob Stoops said his defense has had clutch tendencies. Oklahoma leads the nation in turnover margin and ranks third in sacks per game (3.23).

“We have stepped up in different times when we’ve had to,” Stoops said. “But we’ve been inconsistent. I think that’s fair to say.”

Harris added that all the statistics will go down the drain after 60 minutes of football.

“At the end of the day, the only thing that’s going to matter is who plays better defense (Thursday night),” Harris said. “The old cliché is offense wins games, defense wins championships. This is a championship.”

http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/01/08/sports/football/090108_oudefense.txt

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Ummm... ok, put down the pipe and stop taking the stupid pills. OU's defense will knock the crap out of Tebow? That claim has been made before by Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State and others who have better defense than OU. All of them have been wrong. Second, Tebow is not a senior, no matter what you "beleave".

Yeah, and Michigan made the same claim last year......Do you remember that game, I think they were able to back it up. I'm not taking anything away from Flo-Rida they are a very good team. Personally I wanted to see Florida kick the crap out of SC in the NC game, but we can't always get what we want.

PastorMikH
01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
OU!

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
DaKC, I was reading some of the areas you highlighted that Nic Harris said, and I think he should of kept his mouth shut. If you think about it though, preparing for Harvin would be a lot like preparing for Maclin and Crabtree. I think Maclin is used more like harvin is, they both get a lot of touches, and in a lot of different ways. I see no qualm with him saying that, because all three of them are great players. Harris needs to quit acting like he is Deon Sanders, Harris is good but he isn't great IMO.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah, and Michigan made the same claim last year......Do you remember that game, I think they were able to back it up. I'm not taking anything away from Flo-Rida they are a very good team. Personally I wanted to see Florida kick the crap out of SC in the NC game, but we can't always get what we want.

Michigan did not stop Tebow and Florida's offense. They destroyed our (lack of) defense.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I think Florida will win by 10+, so I'll be rooting for the underdog. I hope Bradford has a near perfect game just to enjoy the ensuing fireworks from the Stafford and Sanchez backers.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:24 AM
DaKC, I was reading some of the areas you highlighted that Nic Harris said, and I think he should of kept his mouth shut. If you think about it though, preparing for Harvin would be a lot like preparing for Maclin and Crabtree. I think Maclin is used more like harvin is, they both get a lot of touches, and in a lot of different ways. I see no qualm with him saying that, because all three of them are great players. Harris needs to quit acting like he is Deon Sanders, Harris is good but he isn't great IMO.

I don't think Harvin is like Crabtree at all. Maclin, maybe. Both are speedy guys who can make big plays with the ball. The main difference is Percy does it as a WR and out of the backfield. Maclin does it primarily as a WR and KR.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Go Sooners

Death to the limp dick state!!

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think Harvin is like Crabtree at all. Maclin, maybe. Both are speedy guys who can make big plays with the ball. The main difference is Percy does it as a WR and out of the backfield. Maclin does it primarily as a WR and KR.

Well I did say Harvin was more like Maclin, in the way they use them. IIRC, I have watched Maclin take snaps out of the backfield. I think both Harvin and Maclin are very good players. BTW Tebow got the piss pounded out of him against Michigan, and Harvin was throwing up on the field because he was so tired. I thought it was funny because they said Michigan would run out of steam and wouldn't be able to compete in the 4th quarter with the SEC speed. Yet it was Florida who was gasping for air.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Just try to appreciate tonight’s BCS title game

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. | The playoff people — and I won’t demonize them today — don’t want you to enjoy this game.

Oklahoma-Florida for the BCS title is part of an evil, annual conspiracy to destroy the lives of impressionable young men and ruin the joy of college football fans.

Do not be fooled. Bob Stoops vs. Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow vs. Sam Bradford, Sooners vs. Gators are not compelling story lines worthy of finishing off another terrific season of college football.

No, you’re about to be treated to a tragedy tonight.

College boys at Texas and Utah are under surveillance tonight, their belts and shoestrings confiscated so as not to be used in a self-destructive manner.

It’s a crime what’s about to be done to the Utes and Longhorns. I can’t imagine those boys mustering the strength to carry on after suffering the indignity of being crowned Sugar and Fiesta bowl champions and finishing the season ranked in the top five.

Oh, the horror, the injustice of it all makes me physically ill. Until the Utes and the Longhorns are free, we are all enslaved!

Barack Obama must act to end this crime against humanity. And no justice-seeking American can enjoy tonight’s game with a clear conscience. Oklahoma-Florida is a flaming symbol of America’s wickedness and willingness to mistreat its young.

Or maybe, just maybe, it’s a hell of a football game on paper.

Hey, everybody knows I’m a complainer. I understand the playoff people. They can’t fully embrace what’s happening tonight because they feel like they’re being denied something a little better. It’s like going clubbing with the hottest girls in Kansas City when you were promised a night out with “The Girls Next Door.”

I’ve been to Hef’s house. “The Girls Next Door” have nothing on KC’s best and brightest.

And you can’t improve college football with a playoff.

About a month ago, my good friend J.A. Adande, a sports media personality for ESPN, shook me up with a brilliant, concise attack on the current college system.

“College football is about respect, not results,” he stated.

His insinuation was that the system was too subjective and fundamentally un-American. Rather than allowing results/outcomes to rule major-college football, the current system locks teams in an inherently unfair battle for respect from poll voters.

Now, I’m going to be completely honest. I’ve spent the last month trying to debunk Adande’s one-sentence knockout punch.

I can’t do it. He won. I can’t form a logical rebuttal.

I’m left to acknowledge that I just like and prefer the current system. I love the debates. I love the hypermeaningful regular-season games. I even enjoy the end-of-season whining.

I laughed out loud listening to Mack Brown campaign for the Longhorns to be No. 1 after Texas barely slipped past a one-dimensional, mediocre Ohio State squad. Texas didn’t make any kind of split-national-championship statement in the Fiesta Bowl.

If anything, I watched that game and wondered whether the Sooners will stay within two touchdowns of Florida.

Kansas has been the lone impressive Big 12 bowl team. (And, yes, I wrote that to irritate Mizzou fans.)

As for 13-0 Utah?

I’d have no problem if AP voters selected the Utes as national champions. Their resume justifies strong consideration. They beat Alabama by three more points than the Gators beat the Tide.

Having written that, I’m not going to pretend a felony has been committed if Florida and/or Oklahoma finishes ahead of Utah in the final AP poll.

Utah had a marvelous season. Its players won a conference championship, a BCS bowl and earned a top-three ranking. They won’t spend the rest of their lives haunted by their lack of inclusion in the national-title game.

I’m going to enjoy tonight’s game. I’m hoping we see an overtime thriller. The playoff people would love to see a boring, one-sided romp so they can use the game as a prop to argue for a playoff system.

Don’t you get caught up in the silliness. Tonight, appreciate what we have rather than what we don’t.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call 816-234-4869 or send e-mail to jwhitlock@kcstar.com. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/970211.html

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Well I did say Harvin was more like Maclin, in the way they use them. IIRC, I have watched Maclin take snaps out of the backfield. I think both Harvin and Maclin are very good players. BTW Tebow got the piss pounded out of him against Michigan, and Harvin was throwing up on the field because he was so tired. I thought it was funny because they said Michigan would run out of steam and wouldn't be able to compete in the 4th quarter with the SEC speed. Yet it was Florida who was gasping for air.

That was a young, undisciplined, selfish team. Some of that is explained here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5367676&postcount=18

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 10:09 AM
That was a young, undisciplined, selfish team. Some of that is explained here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5367676&postcount=18

I understand that, but didn't is suck to lose to a Michigan team who had all the talent in the world, but underachieved the entire season? They were as selfish a group as you would find, they lost to Appalachian State for crying out loud. I will agree Florida's team this year is much better. Good luck to the Gators, even though I hope they lose :D.

boogblaster
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
GO.. OU.. Should be a good game .. Probably come down to who's defense is still playing in the 4th ....

Chief Chief
01-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Notice: There is no "d" in the Oklahoma Sooners (Just as there is none at all in the Big 12 Conference) while there definitely is one in the Florida Gators.

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Notice: There is no "d" in the Oklahoma Sooners (Just as there is none at all in the Big 12 Conference) while there definitely is one in the Florida Gators.

I'm no Oklahoma fan, but I think they have a good defense. I'm not sold on Florida's defense being great. I think Spikes (being the best), Cunningham, and Wright are all pretty solid, but I don't think they have a USC defense.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm no Oklahoma fan, but I think they have a good defense. I'm not sold on Florida's defense being great. I think Spikes (being the best), Cunningham, and Wright are all pretty solid, but I don't think they have a USC defense.

No, we're not USC's defense. But we also don't have any seniors on the squad where they have several. Spikes is obviously the leader. On the D-Line we have a lot of talented young guys with Cunningham and Dunlap coming off the edge. Our secondary is the area most improved. Joe Haden has come into his own and Janoris Jenkins is playing SPECTACULAR and starts as a true freshman. Ahmad Black is a true sophomore and has made a lot of big plays this year. Major Wright is the enforcer.

Chief Chief
01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Everyone: SING-A-LONG!!!

Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
(sick of this gahdawful tune yet?)
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
Boomer Sooner!
etc., etc., etc. ...

Deberg_1990
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
IM just glad the game is finally here.

Since the bowl season has been going on for about a month now I figure its time for a National Championship.

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Good post. :rolleyes:

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
No, we're not USC's defense. But we also don't have any seniors on the squad where they have several. Spikes is obviously the leader. On the D-Line we have a lot of talented young guys with Cunningham and Dunlap coming off the edge. Our secondary is the area most improved. Joe Haden has come into his own and Janoris Jenkins is playing SPECTACULAR and starts as a true freshman. Ahmad Black is a true sophomore and has made a lot of big plays this year. Major Wright is the enforcer.

Yeah that's what I was saying. I think your defense is good but nothing that would scare me. Watching the Bama game, I was not impressed with Spikes at all. You watch the Texas game and JL was everywhere, Spikes disappeared, you can't have your leader on defense disappear, especially not when he is your MLB. I watched Jenkins in the High School All American game last year, and was impressed. He is playing unbelievably well for a TF, that was a great recruit. I like Major Wright, he reminds me of Kurt Coleman on the Buckeyes. Cunningham is your best rusher IMO, from what I have seen.

luv
01-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Colorado has a "d".

kstater
01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Colorado has a "d".

LMAO

Chief Henry
01-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Ummm... ok, Tebow will want desperately to show up the OU QB that won this years Heisman trophy. A trophy that Tebow won last year. Tebow will want to show up the OU QB so much that he try's too much to make plays. Tebow will try to force a pass here or there and he might want to reach for extra yards on his scrambles, that can lead to reaching the ball out , not protecting the ball. OU's defense will have there shots at Tebow, especially on Tebow scrambles.

Tebow had not lost the Heisman trophy prior to playing Georgia, Tennessee and Florida State either. Tebow is still doing a slow burn after not winning the Heisman again and that burning desire to out play Stafford will cause him to make at least two crucial mistakes tonight. That's how OU should win the game.

Yes that's what i "beleave" :D

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Ummm... ok, Tebow will want desperately to show up the OU QB that won this years Heisman trophy. A trophy that Tebow won last year. Tebow will/could
want to show up the OU QB so much that he try's too much to make plays.
Tebow will try to force a pass here or there and he might want to reach for extra yards on his scrambles, that can lead to reaching the ball out , not being protected. OU's defense will have there shots at Tebow, especially
on Tebow scrambles.

Tebow had not lost the Heisman trophy prior to playing Georgia, Tennessee and Florida State either. Tebow is still doing a slow burn after not winning the Heisman again and that burning desire to out play Stafford will cause him to make at least two crucial mistakes tonight. That's how OU should win the game.

Yes that's what i "beleave" :D

Why would Tebow want to outplay Stafford?

Chief Henry
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Why would Tebow want to outplay Stafford?

oops...Bradford

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
oops...Bradford

I don't see it happening, but 2 mistakes wont keep the team under 21pts. They made 5 mistakes against Ole Miss and still put up 30. Since then, mistakes have been minimal and points have been aplenty.

Bearcat
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I've been waiting for a Big12/SEC NC game for like 3 years now, which means it probably won't live up to the hype.

I'm sure after the first quarter I'll be rooting for Florida to silence the OU band... besides that, I don't really care who wins.

Hell, the Big 10 isn't in the game... haven't we all already won?

:)

El Jefe
01-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I've been waiting for a Big12/SEC NC game for like 3 years now, which means it probably won't live up to the hype.

I'm sure after the first quarter I'll be rooting for Florida to silence the OU band... besides that, I don't really care who wins.

Hell, the Big 10 isn't in the game... haven't we all already won?

You're like a freakin broken record. I didn't win, I wanted to see SC get in, and get absolutely destroyed. For the purpose of not having to hear old Pete crying about how they think they are the best and will play anybody anywhere. You think your the best, yet year after year you lose to teams like Stanford and Oregon State, and put yourself out of the NC game.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Less than 3hrs

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Florida wins the Championship, Oklahoma wins this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qatfdk.jpg

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 04:35 PM
These guys are back. They had some great videos with UF/osu..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/avkhFcP9AGc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/avkhFcP9AGc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayxrnJtyYr0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayxrnJtyYr0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I am so ****ing excited. For those of you Bradford fanboys he has to show it tonight because Florida is going to be bringing the heat to try and apply pressure.

KChiefs1
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
BCS Bowl; Miami; 7 PM CT, FOX

Florida (12-1) vs Oklahoma (12-1)

The good folks in places like Texas, Southern California and Utah will beg to differ, but in the end the only likely to count this year is the And while the two teams are battling it out for college football supremacy this season, pro scouts will be using the game for one final evaluation of QBs Tim Tebow (#15, 6-3, 222) of Florida and Oklahoma redshirt sophomore Sam Bradford (#14, 6-4, 220).

Neither has officially declared for the 2009 draft, but both could be first round picks if they decide to enter the pro ranks this winter.

The strong-armed Bradford, in particular, has the look of a potential #1 pick overall, especially if he can deal with the speed of the Florida defense this evening. Meanwhile, Tebow remains one of the upcoming drafts biggest wild cards as scouts have to decide whether he is a true potential elite QB prospect or just a great athlete playing QB.

Of course, neither QB is a one-man show. The Gators' Tebow, for example, in fact, is just one of several Florida juniors including WR Percy Harvin (#1, 5-10, 180), MLB Brandon Spikes (#51, 6-2, 245) and DE Jermaine Cunningham (#49, 6-3, 245) with he potential to impact the early going at the upcoming draft should any decide to leave school early. Harvin, though, who has often hasn’t been healthy in his Florida career and while he is expected to play tonight may still not be 100%. Meanwhile, Florida’s best, and maybe only top senior prospect, for the upcoming draft is speedy WR Louis Murphy (#9, 6-0, 195), although the Gators do have some experience on offense where seniors LT Phil Trautwein (#75, 6-5, 305), OG Jim Tartt (#63, 6-3, 300), RT Jason Watkins (#77, 6-5, 310) and RB Kestahn Moore (#33, 5-9, 210) are solid.

Same story at Oklahoma where QB Bradford is hardly the Sooners only top prospect. Indeed, expect Oklahoma to be one of the major players at the 2009 draft whether or not Bradford leaves school this winter. The Sooners, for example, have a huge, experienced offensive line anchored by OT Phil Loadholt (#79, 6-7, 340), OG Duke Robinson (#72, 6-4, 340), and C Jon Cooper (#50, 6-2, 290). Robinson and Loadholt, in particular, are a pair of legitimate first-day prospects for the upcoming draft. Both are massive road graders, although Loadholt may lack the agility to play LT at the next level; indeed, Robinson, who has great feet and a solid work ethic, may ultimately be the better prospect. The Sooners also have plenty of talent at the skill positions including emerging junior TE Jermaine Gresham (#18, 6-5, 265), a huge target with WR speed and quickness. Gresham combines with veteran WRs Manuel Johnson (#1, 5-11, 185) and Juaquin Iglesias (#9, 5-11, 205) to give the Sooners a true big-play receiver corps. On the other side of the ball, Oklahoma is led by physical SS Nic Harris (#5, 6-2, 230) yet another big man who can run, along with quick sophomore DT Gerald McCoy (#93, 6-3, 295), and veteran FS Lendy Holmes (#11, 6-0, 205).

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I hate all-white uniforms.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
A plane flew over Dolphins Stadium towing a line that read "The O in OU stands for 0-4" ROFL

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm so pumped for this game.

88TG88
01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Tim Tebow is a virgin.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
these ESPN guys are so busy sucking off Florida, i'm surprised they have time to take a breath to talk.

Coach
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
That was one of the best games I've seen. Ever.

Mine was OU and Boise.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
these ESPN guys are so busy sucking off Florida, i'm surprised they have time to take a breath to talk.

It's not unwarranted. :D

Skip Towne
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine was OU and Boise.

That was a great game. Tortoise and the hare. Boise gets a big lead, OU comes back to gain the lead. Boise pulls out its bag of tricks.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
FL 31
OU 24

Mr. Laz
01-08-2009, 06:59 PM
It's not unwarranted. :D
i hope Tebow gets Theismanned on his 1st play

DaKCMan AP
My heart is racing.....15 minutes to kickoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

kstater
I can't believe I'm actually going to say this.

Go OU :Lin:

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:00 PM
i hope Tebow gets Theismanned on his 1st play

the Talking Can
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Teeeebow cures cancer and heterosexuality...

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Boomer Sooner Son!!

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:02 PM
It's time to play the game!

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
IT'S TIME FOR BATTLE!!!!!

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Man I hate this stuff. Let's play!

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Florida fans took over this stadium. Another road game for the Sooners!

kstater
01-08-2009, 07:05 PM
LMAO

Flyover a little early. Singer trying not to laugh.

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
SOONERS!!!

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I've been pacing my house for hours in anticipation.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I hope Florida wins the toss and defers.

mlyonsd
01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't know who that singer was but our cat jumped straigth in the air, did a 360 flip, and ran straight into the refrigerator snapping her neck.

Wa-Z
01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Why is the game delayed?

kstater
Why is the game delayed?

??

58-4ever
I hope Florida wins the toss and defers.

me too.

Agent V
I don't know who that singer was but our cat jumped straigth in the air, did a 360 flip, and ran straight into the refrigerator snapping her neck.

I think somebody tasered her while she was singing.

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Why is the game delayed?

prime-time tv?

Skip Towne
01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I haven't seen Florida play but it appears they win with speed. OU wants to wear you down. They have 3 teams one as good as the other (or so they say). If Fla. jumps out to a lead it is probably over. OU will grind you down and it starts showing up midway through the third quarter. Players with their hands on their knees with mouth open looking toward the sidelines. Which style wins? I don't know.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Guess you can cancel that Chinese delivery?

Reerun_KC
prime-time tv?

Boobies?

Wa-Z
It says Delayed on ESPN..I don't have a TV in front of me.

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Boobies?

That would be fantastic.

LiL stumppy
the time has come.

DaKCMan AP

The game is not delayed. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:15.

ChiefsCountry
Boobies?

I thought you were at the game?

kstater

Have to wait for Herbstreit to remove his lips from Tebow's cock.

58-4ever

Is it to the side of you?

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Stoops looks nervous.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I thought you were at the game?

We had gear trouble, had to turn back after 45 min of screwing with it...

Wasnt sure we were going to get it back down...

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Stoops looks nervous.

You look nervous.

DaKCMan AP
Oklahoma wins the toss and chooses to receive.

58-4ever
Our ball son!

LiL stumppy
Stoops looks nervous.

ROFL

58-4ever
Gawd. I need a xanax

Mr. Laz
freakin Florida home game :shake:

58-4ever
01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
freakin Florida home game :shake:

Yep. That's ok. Let's play.

ChiefsCountry
Da,

Dunlap, Spikes, Murphy, Harvin are those the main pro guys to look at?

Skip Towne
OU WINS..................................................the toss.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Oklahoma wins the toss and chooses to receive.
which is surprising since everyone knows that Florida is normally the "catcher"

Reerun_KC
Gawd. I need a xanax

Lets hope this isnt like the USC NC game...

I dont want to have to put you on sucide watch...

58-4ever
We'll see how Bradford plays against NFL defenders.

kstater
I'm stunned BobDole isn't here. I heard he's a huge Tebow fan.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Da,

Dunlap, Spikes, Murphy, Harvin are those the main pro guys to look at?

For this year it's just Spikes, Murphy, Harvin and maybe Trautwein (late OT possibility).

For future years it's Jenkins, Dunlap, Cunningham, Wright, Hernandez, Haden and others.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
HERE WE GO!

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Good kickoff coverage :)

Reerun_KC
Well lets see it bradford... This isnt a big 12 defense...

DaKCMan AP
NOTHING

Reerun_KC
Freaking pwned!

DaKCMan AP
SAY HELLO TO MR SPIKES

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
IF OU has any shot, they have to run....

LiL stumppy
tt. going to have to throw the ball around before the run game gets going

nice catch

kstater
Nice toss.

OnTheWarpath58
Spikes already makes a bigger play than he did in the SEC Championship.

Reerun_KC
Review

kstater
Booth in UF's bag.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2009, 07:22 PM
When Spikes makes big plays it's good news for Florida!

58-4ever
I miss you Murray

DaKCMan AP
That's a catch.

the Talking Can
very curious to see how OU's OL looks against Florida...because they've looked dominant most of the year, it's the one advantage OU has i think

kstater
01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Why's this even being reviewed?

DaKCMan AP
Ugh. ACC refs are teh suck

kstater
If they're gonna review every play like that, it'll be a 6 hour game.

58-4ever
Catch son!

petegz28
Why's this even being reviewed?

to give me time to grab a beer?

Mecca
Johnson gets killed, way to hang him out.

kstater
Big hit.

DaKCMan AP
OH SHIT MOTHER FUCKER

MAJOR WRIGHT

LiL stumppy
that should be a flag. bs

petegz28
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
You got JACKED UP!

milkman
That had to hurt.

Frazod
CRUNCH LMAO

ChiefsCountry
That was a stick.

DaKCMan AP
WE COME TO PLAY D BITCHES

OnTheWarpath58
WOW!

Someone got SMOKED!

58-4ever
very early

Reerun_KC

Totally fucking pwned!

Mr. Laz
he hit him before the ball got there ......

how is that not pass interference?

Baconeater
Dude kinda led with his helmet there...

the Talking Can
HOLY SHIt!

that's the perfect hit by a safety....and it was a perfect pass

milkman
Why, pray tell?

Mecca

It's illegal to hit now apparently.

DaKCMan AP

Not used to having to play against a D, eh?

OnTheWarpath58

A flag for what?

chiefbowe82
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
mecca just curious who are you hoping the chiefs draft

milkman
he hit him before the ball got there ......

how is that not pass interference?

Bullshit

Tuckdaddy
Here comes that ass kick'in I told all you OU fans about.

Reerun_KC
NICE THROW...

Mecca
Loadholt showed the choke hold move to stop that blitzer.

Mr. Laz
Totally fucking pwned!
if by pwned you mean pass interference ... then yes

Basileus777
Florida isn't getting any pressure at all, not a good sign for them.

OnTheWarpath58
I'd say that was an NFL throw...

kstater
Look at how good Bradford is at reading the defense. He doesn't even need to look at the field, just look at the sideline. Guess he has eyes on the side of his head.

the Talking Can
that was a damn good pass

Reerun_KC
Can Bradford not read defenses and call his own audibles?

58-4ever
how bout that throw bitches

Skip Towne
Bradford threads the needle.

LiL stumppy
Why, pray tell?

he hit him before the ball got there. led with his helmet. then excessive celebration. take your pick

Florida DL isn't doing anything yet.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
A flag for what?

BC its Oklahoma

DaKCMan AP
Bradford DUMPED

LiL stumppy
PA isn't going to work when you haven't ran the ball yet

petegz28
throw the ball away kid....

Mecca
Sack........that is one thing I don't like how Bradford looks to the sidlines for his audibles while Sanchez and Stafford don't.

Reerun_KC
Look at how good Bradford is at reading the defense. He doesn't even need to look at the field, just look at the sideline. Guess he has eyes on the side of his head.

No shit... WTF?

Man up Bradford and read a defense!

Baconeater
Florida isn't getting any pressure at all, not a good sign for them.
What?

Darth CarlSatan
And-a 1,2,3!

That's a Great Saaaaaaack
What a beaut-ee,
What a beaut-ee,

That was awe-some,
And-I hope they knocked his dick in-to the DIRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop bada-bada-lop bop-bop

Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop bada-lop bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:

He-Got-Jacked!

Frazod
Sweet. Suck it, Deliverance Boy.

Tuckdaddy
OU will be lucky to get outta Florida alive.

OnTheWarpath58
I'm looking forward to the first snap Bradford takes in the NFL, when he looks over to the sidleine to tell him what the coverage is...

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Dunlap owned Loadholt to force that sack.

Mecca
Punt it away.

DaKCMan AP
TIME TO PUNT!

kstater
I'm looking forward to the first snap Bradford takes in the NFL, when he looks over to the sidleine to tell him what the coverage is...

LMAO

milkman
Sack........that is one thing I don't like how Bradford looks to the sidlines for his audibles while Sanchez and Stafford don't.

I agree.

It's a huge concern.

Mecca

I don't know how that can't be worrisome the other 2 QB's do it themselves so atleast their teams trust them.

58-4ever
field position

DaKCMan AP
Florida's turn :)

the Talking Can
01-08-2009, 07:28 PM
the center and guard just let the dt through...still the OL looked alright...

OnTheWarpath58
he hit him before the ball got there. led with his helmet. then excessive celebration. take your pick

Florida DL isn't doing anything yet.

Looks like we can rename this the "lil stumppy whining thread"

Reerun_KC

Agree 100%

Mr. Laz
not only was it pass interference but he clearly led with the crown of his helmet

Frazod
Where have a seen a team in red ruin a great punt like that before?

Reerun_KC
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM

FL DL is doing plenty at the end of that drive!

DaKCMan AP
A sack, a hurry and 2 HUGE hits topped off with a punt = nice first defensive series :)

LiL stumppy

your so right. because im the only one that thought that should have been a flag.

idiot

Mecca
01-08-2009, 07:30 PM
not only was it pass interference but he clearly led with the crown of his helmet

So is this thread gonna turn into a bitch fest from the people rooting for OU?

It was clean in my view....

58-4ever
Yeah, let's see how soft OU's defense is now.

OnTheWarpath58
your so right. because im the only one that thought that should have been a flag.

idiot

Just you and the other whiner.

kstater

I'm "rooting" for OU. But I'll try to stay objective.

DaKCMan AP
C'mon Demps

milkman
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Sure looks like Stumpy did a piss poor job of teaching the Lil guy football, doesn't it?

LiL stumppy
nnnnnnnno where

OnTheWarpath58

It was clean in everyone's view, including the officials.

Well, other than lil and laz...

Mecca
Tebow is bigger than OU's LB's.

kstater
What's the point of running a QB draw there?

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Sure looks like Stumpy did a piss poor job of teaching the Lil guy football, doesn't it?

I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!!!

DaKCMan AP
PERCY LOOKS GOOD!

Mecca
That was way to easy for 3rd and 8.

the Talking Can
harvin fast

LiL stumppy

I am half your age and know more about football than you, I would have to disagree.

OnTheWarpath58
Harvin pulls away...

DaKCMan AP
What's the point of running a QB draw there?

It sets up the fake-draw.

milkman
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
PERCY LOOKS GOOD!

Didn't look like his ankle bothered him much there did it?

OnTheWarpath58
I am half your age and know more about football than you, I would have to disagree.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

kstater
WTF?

58-4ever
It sets up the fake-draw.

need a TO baby!

Darth CarlSatan
Heh heh...

the Talking Can
let's just review every play

DaKCMan AP
Didn't look like his ankle bothered him much there did it?

There have been reports all day that he re-tweaked his ankle Wednesday.

What the hell are they reviewing?

kstater
Reviewing an incomplete pass?

milkman

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

Mecca
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
What exactly are they reviewing on an incompletion?

ChiefsCountry

:shake:
No you don't.

LiL stumppy
OH.

MY.

GOD.

this is a thread bout OU and Florida. Please take your bitching elsewhere

LiL stumppy
:shake:
No you don't.

You would know

DaKCMan AP
Again:

ACC refs are teh suck.

Mecca

Yea Oklahoma runs a pro style offense too....as their QB stands in shotgun ever play and looks to the sidelines for audibles..uh huh.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Again:

ACC refs are teh suck.

This.

Darth CarlSatan
Sung to Boomer Sooner:

And-a 1,2,3!

Bob's a Douchebaaaaaag
And-a fuck-stick.
He's a Douchebaaaaaag
And-a fuck-stick.

Bob's a Douchebaaaaaag
And-a fuck-stick.
And it's time to start the Chokelahoma Chooooooooooke!

Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop bada-bada-lop bop-bop

Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop-bop,

Start-That-Choke!

Mr. Laz
Can Bradford not read defenses and call his own audibles?
can Reesing?
can Daniel?

it's the freaking offense ..... lots of people in college run it

LiL stumppy
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Yea Oklahoma runs a pro style offense too....as their QB stands in shotgun ever play and looks to the sidelines for audibles..uh huh.

You once again took what I said out of contexts and changed it around to make it sound like I said something else. Get off the computer, cut your hair, and get a life.

OnTheWarpath58
this is a thread bout OU and Florida. Please take your bitching elsewhere

Bitching?

More like laughing.

At you.

You know more about football than Milkman?

I doubt you could find your own ass with both hands and a map.

milkman
OH.

MY.

GOD.

He ain't too good at math either.

DaKCMan AP
Brandon James!

Darth CarlSatan
Yes!

Mecca
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
can Reesing?
can Daniel?

Yea it's called not an NFL offense and it's an issue when projecting a guy to the NFL especially with a high pick....no one is going to use a top 15 pick on Reesing or Daniel that's the difference.

the Talking Can
Sung to Boomer Sooner:

And-a 1,2,3!

Start-That-Choke!

are you going to ruin this thread with your vaginal bleeding?

kstater
can Reesing?
can Daniel?

That's kind of the point. That's a HUGE question mark for a team that will be investing $60+ million in the kid.

DaKCMan AP
It's Tebow Time

Skip Towne
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll put up with that gay Gator Chomp thing only if it is a hot cheerleader doing it.

Mr. Laz

well if it's "your view" then it must be so

nice to see you're such arrogant gas bag about everything and not just the draft though

LiL stumppy
Bitching?

More like laughing.

At you.

You know more about football than Milkman?

I doubt you could find your own ass with both hands and a map.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I am done arguing with grown men overt he internet. Get a life.

DaKCMan AP
First Down!

Darth CarlSatan
Yes I am. It's payback time.

LiL stumppy
01-08-2009, 07:39 PM
nice play D

Mecca
well if it's "your view" then it must be so

nice to see you're such arrogant gas bag about everything and not just the draft though

Oh christ 2 people in the thread thought it wasn't clean you and the OU fan.

DaKCMan AP
Nice play by Beal

Baconeater
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LiL stumppy
YES

OU'S BALL

KCFalcon59