PDA

View Full Version : Football Plus one BCS Game?

bowener
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I know you have all heard this proposed as a fix to the BCS system.

I have been trying to find what the rules are for college football teams playing a scrimmage, especially one that is for charity.

So, I was wondering if the college teams that are left, and that think they should be #1, got together and set up a scrimmage or scrimmages that use game rules and time formats (its a game, just not by title) that will donate all, or some, of the ticket sales to any charity. The winner of the game wont be officially named the BCS Champ, but you see where it is going.

I know it would never happen, because the champions would never want to risk losing, or risk injury.

I know the NCAA would not allow something like this to happen without getting a piece of the money pie, and I am sure there are rules in place for such an event. I am more curious about what the best ideas are that you all have heard, or ones that you came up with yourselves.

I was just bored of climbing the Pioli mountain today knowing that when we get to the top we are all just going to have to jump to our deaths (especially with the latest news). So, give me a long thread to read that is full of speculation and less fat chicks and meme's (even if I did make some).

MichaelH
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
F- the BCS. That is all.

KCChiefsFan88
01-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe the BCS can find Clark a GM

Guru
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
plus one would be great. It would have still screwed Utah this year though so....

NO thanks.

BWillie
01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't think the plus one is that great of an idea. Look what would have happened this year. Utah and Florida would play for the national title and USC and Texas would still be like, what about me?

Guru
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think the plus one is that great of an idea. Look what would have happened this year. Utah and Florida would play for the national title and USC and Texas would still be like, what about me? Dude, we have the problem with the NCAA Basketball tourney too. There are always going to be 2-3 whining that they didn't get in.

A plus 1 is still better than what is in place now. At least they have to win to have the opportunity at the trophy.

Baconeater
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Dude, we have the problem with the NCAA Basketball tourney too. There are always going to be 2-3 whining that they didn't get in.

A plus 1 is still better than what is in place now. At least they have to win to have the opportunity at the trophy.

The difference is those 2-3 teams that don't get into the BB tourney don't really have a legitimate chance of winning it all.