PDA

View Full Version : Football ***OFFICIAL RAVENS vs. TITANS PLAYOFF THREAD***

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dylan
01-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13
Everybody's gonna talk about the Titans. But the Ravens just won a game where they ran it 30 times for 50 yards and half their passing yards came on two plays. They just didn't turn the ball over.

I can't believe that there is a qb in the NFL, who will carry a team to victory on his own -- especially in the playoffs.

I could be wrong.

RJ
That and not going for it on 4th and a foot when you have one of the most dominant running games in the league with 4 minutes left in the game.

That was a chickenshit call, IMO.

I thought so too. Wanting the Ravens to win, I was praying the Titans didn't go for it. They should have.

cdcox
Bullock took the loss well.

Dr. Facebook Fever
RAVENSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter is happy.

No football team wearing baby blue should even have the right to take the field let alone win.

OnTheWarpath58
ROFL @ Bullock.

kstater
Just showed the replay, he was easily a foot from the back of the endzone.

Frazod
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm rooting for the Chargers from now on. I can't stand the Ravens and I'm sick of the Steelers. The Chargers are a division team, yeah, but they're kind of like the retarded kid down the block. How can you hate the retarded kid down the block?

Agreed. Fuck the $tealer$.

Baby Lee
Hard to see the ravens winning if that delay of game gets called as it should have.

Eff that, then there'd be a bunch of retards in here telling us how the Ravens demonstrate how Martyball doesn't win the playoffs. No one needs the billionth iteration of that tired discussion.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
San Diego goes 8-8 and are a win away from hosting the AFC Championship. Wow.

Guru
Sure brought back some painful ****ing memories, though.

There are worse things than going 2-14.Seems like whenever I get invested in a game I regret it.:(

kobebehar
What we need is Joe Montana back. we'd have won 8 games if he was at the helm.

Yeeep, old Broadway Joe would pull things together for us real fast.

Basileus777
Hard to see the ravens winning if that delay of game gets called as it should have.

The refs always give the offense extra time. It's not really an issue.

keg in kc
It's like a martylover convention in here. I need a shower.

the Talking Can
Me too. I DVR'd it and it was VERY close, IMO. Can't believe CBS let it go.

they just showed it, he was in

highBOLTage
Guess it was just a deceptive angle; shouldve shown the replay during the game though.

RJ
01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Bullock took the loss well.

What did he do?

Guru
I'm still pissed the refs didn't throw the flag for delay of game.

OnTheWarpath58
Me too. I DVR'd it and it was VERY close, IMO. Can't believe CBS let it go.

They just showed it.

I can see why they didn't bother right away, it wasn't that close.

Darth CarlSatan
01-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Easily.

He's fucking retarded.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
What did he do?

Kicked and pushed over the barrier gate inside the tunnel

the Talking Can
What did he do?

he wa knocking over these small metal dividers all the way to the locker room

Baby Lee
It's like a martylover convention in here. I need a shower.

Don't forget to wash your pussy. ;)

cdcox
What did he do?

They had some metal crowd control barriers in the tunnel to the locker room and he was just exploding into them one after another.

RINGLEADER
I think I'd rather chop off a finger than ever feel the way I felt after we lost that ****ing game to the Broncos in '98.

That frickin' third-and-long crossing pattern to Ed McCaffrey that he took to the one yard line was historical in its suckage...

The minute KC Wolf's pyro on the Elway dummy didn't go off before the game I knew we were in trouble...

But it wasn't totally unexpected - I went to Derrick Thomas' birthday party/new years party before that game and the Chiefs brass was running around telling everyone they can't mention the Broncos and they were openly boasting about how Carl Peterson was trying to get the time for the game changed (like it would mean anything).

Blech...bad, bad, memories...

beach tribe
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Eff that, then there'd be a bunch of retards in here telling us how the Ravens demonstrate how Martyball doesn't win the playoffs. No one needs the billionth iteration of that tired discussion.

Defense, and a running game always wins in the POs. That's not the reason Marty couldn't win in the POs.

keg in kc
Don't forget to wash your pussy. What?

Rain Man
What did he do?

He made his best hits of the day by knocking down the pedestrian barriers on the way to the locker room.

Bowser
The Titans absolutely shit themselves in this game. No way should they have lost, but they did everything in their power to keep the Ravens alive.

beach tribe
01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
They just showed it.

I can see why they didn't bother right away, it wasn't that close.

Two full seconds warrants a call there IMO.

Baby Lee
01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
What?

DON'T FORGET TO WASH YOUR PUSSY ;)

oaklandhater
01-10-2009, 07:01 PM
fisher haveing kinda of a coach meltdown on NFL network right now..

keg in kc
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
The Titans absolutely shit themselves in this game. No way should they have lost, but they did everything in their power to keep the Ravens alive.Oh come on, it was the spirit of marty schottenheimer leading his Browns to victory with his superior post-season gameplanning.

keg in kc
01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
DON'T FORGET TO WASH YOUR PUSSY No, that was a 'what?' as in 'what the fuck is your point?" You know, because that doesn't make any sense. Since I'm a guy.

You do understand that guys have penises right? Maybe it's different for lawyers.

kobebehar
01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
What?

like your vagina.... yanno?

Darth CarlSatan
01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Agreed. Fuck the $tealer$.

I will chop my pecker off before I EVER root for a division rival. Ever.

Dylan
No, they sure didn't. The Tits handed it to them.

I was pulling for Collins today. I really wanted him to win. But it brings back memories. the Ravens beat the Giants in the Super Bowl after Collins had 3-4 INT during the game.

Baby Lee
No, that was a 'what?' as in 'what the **** is your point?" You know, because that doesn't make any sense. Since I'm a guy.

You do understand that guys have penises right? Maybe it's different for lawyers.

Gynosilicosis is a serious condition.

Captain Obvious
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Can we get a linebacker that can hit and wrap-up like Bart Scott, please? Would that be too much to ask?

keg in kc
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Gynosilicosis is a serious condition.Damn it, dude, I'm too lazy for wikipedia.

(wow, that's lazy)

the Talking Can
01-10-2009, 07:06 PM
why is this complicated?

the Ravens won 2 playoff games with a damn rookie...its all gravy, no one expects to win shit with a rookie QB...and now they're that much farther down the road to having a franchise QB who is capable of getting them a ring

the Titans on the other hand are nowhere....the can keep the vet QB they have, or get another, it doesn't matter...they aren't going to a superbowl that way...we called this loss from the beginning

the Raven's are reaping early returns on a long term investment...the Titans are making 1% on a savings account that is losing money to inflation..

Marty would never take the "risk" of such an investment...he'd rather trade one crappy Vet for another...and lose games in which he had no margin for error as a result...

I love seeing teams with game manager Greybeards lose...Vikings, Titans, fuck them...

Baby Lee
01-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn it, dude, I'm too lazy for wikipedia.

(wow, that's lazy)

It's a made up word anyways [though it's been on CP for years, before disigerent even]. Look up gyno, then look up silicosis.

Darth CarlSatan
01-10-2009, 07:08 PM
why is this complicated?

the Ravens won 2 playoff games with a damn rookie...its all gravy, no one expects to win shit with a rookie QB...and now they're that much farther down the road to having a franchise QB who is capable of getting them a ring

the Titans on the other hand are nowhere....the can keep the vet QB they have, or get another, it doesn't matter...they aren't going to a superbowl that way...we called this loss from the beginning

the Raven's are reaping early returns on a long term investment...the Titans are making 1% on a savings account that is losing money to inflation..

Marty would never take the "risk" of such an investment...he'd rather trade one crappy Vet for another...and lose games in which he had no margin for error as a result...

I love seeing teams with game manager Greybeards lose...Vikings, Titans, fuck them...

There it is.

kstater
01-10-2009, 07:08 PM
why is this complicated?

Can't sum it up much better.

RJ
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM

What'd he have to say?

Baby Lee
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
why is this complicated?

I love seeing teams with game manager Greybeards lose...Vikings, Titans, **** them...

It takes a special kind of stupid to watch a Ravens game and analyze it in solely terms of how their QB contibuted.

You'd be as relevant talking about their maverick and innovative choice of jockstrap manufacturer.

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
why is this complicated?

I love seeing teams with game manager Greybeards lose...Vikings, Titans, **** them...

One excuse Fisher does have: The owner forced Vince Young on him I think.

RJ
01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
why is this complicated?

Well said, sir.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Two full seconds warrants a call there IMO.

I was talking about the safety that wasn't.

Bowser

What did he say? Fisher is one of the more level headed coaches out there, in terms of how he conducts himself in front of the press.

oaklandhater
What'd he have to say?

asked him about the loss Kinda of yelled about the loss hurting and how fans are going to be pissed about this for along time

the Talking Can
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM

fair enough...if they had hit on a QB they'd be in the Superbowl by now most likely

oaklandhater
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
What did he say? Fisher is one of the more level headed coaches out there, in terms of how he conducts himself in front of the press.

it wasnt herm/green meltdown but he was not nearly has poised has he useally is.

Basileus777
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
fair enough...if they had hit on a QB they'd be in the Superbowl by now most likely

They didn't lose today because they didn't have a QB. Collins actually played pretty well. Not having a qb is more about their future than their present. The Titans lost because they fucked themselves over with turnovers and penalties, not because they have an old qb.

keg in kc
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
It's a made up word anyways [though it's been on CP for years, before disigerent even]. Look up gyno, then look up silicosis.Seriously. I've never seen it before now. Although I get the reference now that I took .5 seconds to think about it.

You can like Marty all you want. That's fine. I don't really care. I'd just rather see the Chiefs do something else. But I don't think you're stupid or retarded.

Masochistic maybe.

Reality is that, regardless of Baltimore or Tennessee or anybody else, it didn't work here. And neither did Vermeil. Hopefully someday we'll achieve some modicum of balance and not have to endure the continuing succession of head coaches that find new and creative ways to suck all caring out of the fanbase.

Baby Lee
01-10-2009, 07:14 PM
They didn't lose today because they didn't have a QB. Collins actually played pretty well. Not having a qb is more about their future than their present. The Titans lost because they ****ed themselves over with turnovers and penalties, not because they have an old qb.

They lost today because they played the Ravens and it wasn't their turn.

Fruit Ninja
01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Fisher coached a hell of a game. ITs not his faul this players fumbled like that. They dominated that game.

OnTheWarpath58
01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
They didn't lose today because they didn't have a QB. Collins actually played pretty well. Not having a qb is more about their future than their present. The Titans lost because they ****ed themselves over with turnovers and penalties, not because they have an old qb.

No kidding.

There's some serious exaggeration going on to try to back an opinion.

I'm not sure what more Collins is supposed to do. He lead the team up and down the field, only to see penalties and fumbles cost them the game.

Jesus could have QB'd the Titans today, and with those penalties and fumbles, they still would have lost.

Baby Lee
01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Seriously. I've never seen it before now. Although I get the reference now that I took .5 seconds to think about it.

You can like Marty all you want. That's fine. I don't really care. I'd just rather see the Chiefs do something else. But I don't think you're stupid or retarded.

Masochistic maybe.

Reality is that, regardless of Baltimore or Tennessee or anybody else, it didn't work here. And neither did Vermeil. Hopefully someday we'll achieve some modicum of balance and not have to endure the continuing succession of head coaches that find new and creative ways to suck all caring out of the fanbase.

It's not so much Martyball, as wanting a complete team that is capable of what the Ravens are on defense, that and the cadre of those around here who feel the need to analogize every effing thing that happens in the NFL to how it is or isn't like Martyball, no matter how strained the analogy, or how much it flies in the face of their immediate previous analogy.

eazyb81
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Well, that and the fact that his Pro Bowl RB was out for the 2nd half.

keg in kc
01-10-2009, 07:30 PM
It's not so much Martyball, as wanting a complete team that is capable of what the Ravens are on defense, that and the cadre of those around here who feel the need to analogize every effing thing that happens in the NFL to how it is or isn't like Martyball, no matter how strained the analogy, or how much it flies in the face of their immediate previous analogy.Well, I think somebody else brought up martyball. All I said way back when this whole discussion started was I didn't want the chiefs to emulate either of the teams on the field (even when one of them was/is likely to make the SB). I never even thought about marty, much less mentioned him, until someone else brought him up, I believe to defend a perceived attack on marty even though he hadn't yet been mentioned (there's you're sandy vagina, I'd say).

I just don't like conservative football. That's all I was trying to say. I'd love to have a dominant defense, I just don't want it paired with a castrated offense, because you're terrified of turnovers or losing the field position battle. I want a team that goes out with the attitude of winning games as opposed to keeping them close and eeking them out in the end. It's the whole "shortening the game" concept I'm not a big fan of...

I loved watching today's game primarily because I'm not a fan of either team. It would've sucked (for me) to have to sit through that as a fan of one of them, wondering how they were going to screw it up in the end because they weren't able to build any sort of momentum or lead.

(Which is the same as it was under gun, vermeil or herm. It's not just marty - this franchise has done a great job of finding various ways to miserably lose games late. 10-7 on a late field goal is in no way better or worse than 38-35 on a late touchdown).

Anyway, this is a discussion we've had on here 10 trillion times.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2013, 09:26 PM
why is this complicated?

Bump.

Wow, you sir are a prophet..........

I see alot of similarities in this Chiefs team to the 2008 Titans team.......scary.

Oh, and they started out 10-0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2008.htm