PDA

View Full Version : Video Games If you like '80s video games and documentaries...

Archie F. Swin
01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Please see "King of Kong". Great documentary! And, only 1hr 20min long. Netflix subs can watch it free on their computers(how appropriate). My wife and I really liked it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

Fat Elvis
01-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I love that movie.

Billy Mitchell needs a swift kick in the nads.

eazyb81
01-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I think I made a thread or post about this movie when I saw it last year. I agree it is awesome.

Billy Mitchell is a douche of epic proportions.

Dallas Chief
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Heroes in their own mind...

Archie F. Swin
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
douche

Valiant
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Please see "King of Kong". Great documentary! And, only 1hr 20min long. Netflix subs can watch it free on their computers(how appropriate). My wife and I really liked it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

Watched it on showtime I believe last month.. Stayed up until 4am watching it..

Man I feel sorry for todays kids never getting to experience arcades or going to the woods to build forts and play in the creeks.. I asked my nephew if he and his friends ever go into the woods to play and he looked at me like I was crazy..

macdawg
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
just watched this and it was awesome, Billy Mitchell = Big Earn from Kingpin

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM

Man I feel sorry for todays kids never getting to experience arcades or going to the woods to build forts and play in the creeks.. I asked my nephew if he and his friends ever go into the woods to play and he looked at me like I was crazy..

I hear ya'.
Man, that's all we used to DO. Long hikes, build forts, and go camping. And then 1981 happened, and everybody was glued to the TV playing "Missle Command".
And when we were'nt playing at home, we were playing at the arcade.
I put TRON and his three sisters through college.

Jilly
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
You just like the name because it makes you feel manly. Admit it.

Fat Elvis
01-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Sounds like you grew up in my neighborhood....

Deberg_1990
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM

ROFL

SO true.

Rausch
01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I hear ya'.
Man, that's all we used to DO. Long hikes, build forts, and go camping. And then 1981 happened, and everybody was glued to the TV playing "Missle Command".
And when we were'nt playing at home, we were playing at the arcade.
I put TRON and his three sisters through college.

Mein first console...

http://www.bermuda.ch/balduin/blog/intellivision_small.jpg

And then had this bad boy...

http://www.ataritimes.com/images/7800/7800.jpg

After that I started collecting old consoles.

I still have my old 3DO with Twisted, Foes of Ali, and would kill a man for Night Trap...

Jilly
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's the thing: I loved Atari. I loved Nintendo. And then it got way too advanced for me. Too many buttons.

But the games that still haunt me?

ET - never could get the jack ass out of the pit when he fell in.
Pitfall - because I KNOW I could beat it, but never did before the atari pooped out

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Mein first console...

I still have my old 3DO with Twisted, Foes of Ali, and would kill a man for Night Trap...

Oh yeah, George Plimpton Football!

Didn't the Atari go 2600, 2800, 5600?

Pole Position!ROFL That's awesome!

I remember everyone having a shit-fit when Coleco Vision hit, because the graphics looked just like the arcade for Donkey Kong.

Anybody remember Moon Patrol? I used to play the FUCK out of that game!

I also wouldn't mind having a Donkey Kong Jr. full size for the crib; that game was hard as a motherfucker.

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Here's the thing: I loved Atari. I loved Nintendo. And then it got way too advanced for me. Too many buttons.

Pitfall - because I KNOW I could beat it, but never did before the atari pooped out

Yeah, that ET game was kind of funky, but I eventually beat it.

I used to kick Pitfall's ASS. I totally got the free t-shirt from Activision.
For Activision, I had Pitfall, Chopper Command, and Kaboom!

Jilly
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, that ET game was kind of funky, but I eventually beat it.

I used to kick Pitfall's ASS. I totally got the free t-shirt from Activision.
For Activision, I had Pitfall, Chopper Command, and Kaboom!

ALL I wanted was that damn t shirt!!! I must have played that game for hours!

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
ALL I wanted was that damn t shirt!!! I must have played that game for hours!

The real jacked up game for 2600 was 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'; man, you could wander around for DAYS with that game and get NOTHING accomplished if you didn't know what you were looking for.

I also had "Adventure", the one with the different colored dragons.

Jilly
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
The real jacked up game for 2600 was 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'; man, you could wander around for DAYS with that game and get NOTHING accomplished if you didn't know what you were looking for.

I also had "Adventure", the one with the different colored dragons.

I HATED HATED Raiders of the Lost Ark...I forgot about that one....I think I got frustrated and gave the game to a friend even.

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Billy Mitchell is a proud American.

Demonpenz
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
i played monkey kong today, it was frustrating, i didn't have no guns or a ball bat to beat that hooker when you win

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I HATED HATED Raiders of the Lost Ark...I forgot about that one....I think I got frustrated and gave the game to a friend even.

I don't remember how I figured it out, I think I had a friend at school tell me how to finish it.

Good to know I wasn't the only one wandering around that nightmare without a clue.

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
i played monkey kong today, it was frustrating, i didn't have no guns or a ball bat to beat that hooker when you win

I remember the game that preceded Mortal Kombat. It was a street fighting game with chains and shit.

Demonpenz
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I used to get high and play pinball in the mall for hours. It was awesome exept for one time the tilt thinggy went off and I have a bad trip.i thought the robot came out of the screen and was chasing me through Journey's .. I had nightmares for days, that was the T2 pinball game. I till get freaked out when i play that pinball game.

Archie F. Swin
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I feel better now that they mention Donkey Kong being one of the hardest arcade games. I always felt like a schnutz walking away from the game 2 minutes after droping my quarter in.

Demonpenz
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I remember the game that preceded Mortal Kombat. It was a street fighting game with chains and shit.

bad dudes, double dragon, fists of fury, HYDRO THUNDER<

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
bad dudes, double dragon, fists of fury, HYDRO THUNDER<

That's the one.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Funny thread, I was just playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out on an emulator. I couldn't remember how to beat King Hippo and just gave up.

blaise
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Metal Slug was an awesome arcade game.
Regarding that old crappy E.T. game on Atari: They made a ton of those games and never sold them. They ended up burying thousands of cartridges somewhere out west in a desert.
http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp

Darth CarlSatan
01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I can believe it. Anyone remember THIS frustrating piece of shit?

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7xSPVr9lzuk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Silock
01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Funny thread, I was just playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out on an emulator. I couldn't remember how to beat King Hippo and just gave up.

Punch him in the mouth, then hit him repeatedly in the gut.

I can't believe I remember that.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Watched the movie recently and really enjoyed it...
Fuck I hate Billy Mitchell

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/otUxq51MpA0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/otUxq51MpA0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Al Bundy
01-12-2009, 02:49 PM

I never could kill Jason in the Friday the 13th game.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM

This has been voted the worst game of all time by a number of websites/magazines.

damaticous
01-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I still have my atari 2800 with games. I whip it out ever once a while and play Night Driver. lol

My favorite game was Contra on Nintendo DS. Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start....50 lives baby!!!!!!!!

I still have and play Atari 2800, Intellivision, Nintendo DS (TECMO BOWL!!!), Playstation, Playstation 2. Girlfriend has Gameboy Advanced, and Super Nintendo. One day I'd like to own all of the popular game consoles.

I used to play army and build forts in the woods all the time. Seriously? Kids don't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Hell There is still an old tree house fort in the woods by my parents old house that friends and I built about 20 years ago. lol.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about buying a Nintendo from EBay and a ton of games to relive my youth and play when I'm drinking, but I assume the systems and games people are selling on there are so old that they will barely work anymore.

I miss playing the games - not blowing the cartridges for 10 minutes to get a few minutes of gameplay.

BigChiefFan
01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about buying a Nintendo from EBay and a ton of games to relive my youth and play when I'm drinking, but I assume the systems and games people are selling on there are so old that they will barely work anymore.

I miss playing the games - not blowing the cartridges for 10 minutes to get a few minutes of gameplay.
The Wii allows you to download all the old games for a small price, but it's actually kind of cool, IMO.

Demonpenz
01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
there are emulators online that work perfectly.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
The Wii allows you to download all the old games for a small price, but it's actually kind of cool, IMO.

No kidding? Wow that's pretty cool. I've thought about getting a Wii - this info will definitely make me give it more consideration.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
there are emulators online that work perfectly.

I hate playing the games with computer buttons; I want to use a controller.

RJ
01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Things have changed quite a bit since I first dropped a quarter in the Pong game back in the 70's.

booop..........................booooop........................boooop....................booop

DeezNutz
01-12-2009, 04:53 PM

That's a true fan. I don't know a lot of people who would have turned tricks for some gameplay.

Adept Havelock
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Way of the Warrior! Mortal-Kombat knock off that it was, the White Zombie soundtrack was perfect.

Sure-Oz
01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Netflix FTW

DeezNutz
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I can believe it. Anyone remember THIS frustrating piece of shit?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7xSPVr9lzuk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Don't ****ing hate on Jungle Hunt. Better get ready for the big boulder.

Jungle King? It was Jungle Hunt on the 5600.

Archie F. Swin
01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Netflix FTW

indeed

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Way of the Warrior! Mortal-Kombat knock off that it was, the White Zombie soundtrack was perfect.

Wasn't the 3DO about $1000 when it first came out?

I was lucky in my video game days, as my best friend was an only child and incredibly spoiled. He had every video game system and I was able to enjoy the benefits.

He even had an Atari Jaguar; I don't think they made more than 10 games for that system.

Sure-Oz
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Just finished it....pretty good! Billay's a douche

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
KoK is one of my fav. movies and is an awesome documentary...inspired me to purchase a DK machine just to play and see how far I can get lol.

Steve Sanders, the dude in the movie who lied about his DK score and got blasted by Billy, is from my hometown...didn't know that until I saw this flick.

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond The Arcade is another cool old school arcade documentary.

KCTitus
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
It's a fascinating documentary on a number of levels...I was very intrigued by the history behind this documentary, so I visited the Twin Galaxies site and found a rebuttal, so to speak, of what they call discrepancies in the film.

The film leaves you with the impression that Wiebe has the record, when in fact if you go to TwinGalaxies it's showing Billy as the current record holder. I have to say that seeing Billy holding the record to this day, was a bit of a downer after finishing the movie.

But, I spent the better part of 3 hours going through all the high scores for my favorite games.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Also, it was hilarious to see Steve go to Fun Spot and get to the kill screen on the DK machine there...if nothing else, just to shove it up the ass of that douchebag Brian Kuh who was getting owned on the same machine.

He shut the doubters up on that machine...awesome stuff.

DaFace
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
KoK is one of my fav. movies and is an awesome documentary...inspired me to purchase a DK machine just to play and see how far I can get lol.

Steve Sanders, the dude in the movie who lied about his DK score and got blasted by Billy, is from my hometown...didn't know that until I saw this flick.

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond The Arcade is another cool old school arcade documentary.

Just out of curiosity, how much does a DK machine cost? It seems like it'd be a lot of money just for one ancient game, but I really have no idea what they're worth.

Silock
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM

I'm lucky in that my original NES system still works perfectly. I have about a hundred games, and yes... it's hooked up to my plasma TV. Playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on a 50" screen makes me feel like the kid in The Wizard (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098663/).

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much does a DK machine cost? It seems like it'd be a lot of money just for one ancient game, but I really have no idea what they're worth.

I found a really nice one on craigslist for $400.

If you can find a personal dealer or like an arcade or something trying to get rid of a machine, you can get one for a pretty decent price.

I'm looking for a Ms. Pac Man machine now.

KcMizzou
01-12-2009, 06:44 PM

If you can find a personal dealer or like an arcade or something trying to get rid of a machine, you can get one for a pretty decent price.

I'm looking for a Ms. Pac Man machine now.Not bad. That'd be pretty sweet for a game room/man cave type of area.

DaFace
01-12-2009, 06:44 PM

Interesting. I figured they'd be at a premium or something as a collectors item, but $400 isn't THAT bad I guess.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Interesting. I figured they'd be at a premium or something as a collectors item, but $400 isn't THAT bad I guess.

Some of them are...like I said, it's about just finding the right person.

I was shocked to find that one, cheapest one I found before that was $600.

Now you can find some cheap ones but usually they have something wrong with them...audio needs work, cabinet paint is jacked up or chipped, joystick messes up, etc.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Not bad. That'd be pretty sweet for a game room/man cave type of area.

Yeah that's kinda my thought.

Never really thought about it but I'm trying now...like I said, I'm looking for a Ms. Pac Man machine now and I want a Pac Man and probably something like Asteroids or Space Invaders too.

Kinda moved my attention from the Wii and 360, etc. to trying to build an old school collection.

KCTitus
01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Also, it was hilarious to see Steve go to Fun Spot and get to the kill screen on the DK machine there...if nothing else, just to shove it up the ass of that douchebag Brian Kuh who was getting owned on the same machine.

He shut the doubters up on that machine...awesome stuff.

I loved that part...also, I was dying to catch Steve v. Billy matchup in Orlando or Funspot, but never happened. Billy looked like a complete douche for not even trying. I figure he knew he might get owned.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I loved that part...also, I was dying to catch Steve v. Billy matchup in Orlando or Funspot, but never happened. Billy looked like a complete douche for not even trying. I figure he knew he might get owned.

His videotape submission that was accepted was a joke too esp. considering it look edited like crazy.

I will say this about Billy, his perfect Pac Man game is friggin' insane...dude is an ass but he's a gaming genius.

DaFace
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
His videotape submission that was accepted was a joke too esp. considering it look edited like crazy.

I will say this about Billy, his perfect Pac Man game is friggin' insane...dude is an ass but he's a gaming genius.

For what it's worth, he's since beaten the record in person according to their web site.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah he beat it after the movie came out.

That part with the tape was just stupid though, esp. considering they wouldn't accept a video submission from Steve on his personal DK machine.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
For what it's worth, he's since beaten the record in person according to their web site.

I'm not sure how much validity I put in that website, considering that those losers basically worship the ground Billy walks on.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Also, I can't believe we're 5 pages into this and no one has mentioned the best part of the movie.

"Possible Donkey Kong kill screen here in a sec guys.....if anyone is interested."

My GF and I LOLed at that for a solid 10 minutes. Steve Weibe is the only halfway normal guy in the entire movie. It's the biggest collection of mega nerds I've ever seen.

What about the guys that stay up all night and watch the video tape submissions? They're watching video tapes of video games for a solid 10 hours straight. LMAO

And we haven't even mentioned Mr. Awesome...

MTG#10
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
So buy a game pad for your pc. Most emulators have an option to enable them. Ive been playing the original Legend of Zelda for the last few days with one.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Also, I can't believe we're 5 pages into this and no one has mentioned the best part of the movie.

"Possible Donkey Kong kill screen here in a sec guys.....if anyone is interested."

My GF and I LOLed at that for a solid 10 minutes. Steve Weibe is the only halfway normal guy in the entire movie. It's the biggest collection of mega nerds I've ever seen.

What about the guys that stay up all night and watch the video tape submissions? They're watching video tapes of video games for a solid 10 hours straight. LMAO

This was the best part of the movie to you?
That is a huge deal..

Deberg_1990
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Hilarious, exciting, and sad all at once.

Great flick.

Ive never seen a bigger collection of nerds in my life.

RINGLEADER
01-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Don't ****ing hate on Jungle Hunt. Better get ready for the big boulder.

Jungle King? It was Jungle Hunt on the 5600.

The original arcade version by Taito was first called Jungle King until the Tarzan estate sued and made them take out the Tarzan yell at the beginning of the game and switch the name to Jungle Hunt.

RINGLEADER
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Did you know Billy didn't have the record when Steve Wiebe got his score? He wasn't trying to beat Billy. The filmmakers left that part out.

Check this out...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoyMwwLOux0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoyMwwLOux0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz
01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
LMAO...

that was great.

Seriously Steve deserved that record and that guy was normal imo, yeah he liked his DK, but atleast he wasn't a total douche with a super mullett and jesus beard going like Billy. I think bill and his posse were pretty douchey the whole time, and i felt bad for Steve that the super nerds wouldn't accept his record.

DeezNutz
01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
The original arcade version by Taito was first called Jungle King until the Tarzan estate sued and made them take out the Tarzan yell at the beginning of the game and switch the name to Jungle Hunt.

Nice. I didn't know this.

eazyb81
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
This was the best part of the movie to you?
That is a huge deal..

Yes, it was hilarious. That guy quit a job to play arcade games for his career.

These losers measure their self worth by a 25 year old arcade game. Hilarious and sad at the same time.

RINGLEADER
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes, it was hilarious. That guy quit a job to play arcade games for his career.

What's wrong with that?

RINGLEADER
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice. I didn't know this.

Actually, I doubt Tarzan's estate gave a crap. He was too busy out eating bananas with Boy and Jane. It was the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs that threw a fit...

Ultra Peanut
01-13-2009, 07:00 AM
http://laweekly.blogs.com/joshuah_bearman/files/harpers_billy_mitchell.pdf

blaise
01-13-2009, 07:11 AM
I saw the movie a few months back and I've read some of the Twin Galacies stuff about how Billy Mitchell was portrayed unfairly, and that's probably true to a degree, but there's other stuff he can't really deny. Like when he and his wife walked into the arcade and he said something like "Let's go, there's certain people here I don't like", or the fact that he wouldn't play Wiebe in person, or that he basically tricked that old lady into taking the videotape on the plane to show his new record after he acted like he was going to fly to New England.
Billy may have got the record back, so in that sense he won, but he's forever immortalized as a complete a-hole on DVD so in a larger sense he's the loser.

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
LMAO...

that was great.

ROFL "Mankind is on it's last extra life".ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Things have changed quite a bit since I first dropped a quarter in the Pong game back in the 70's.

booop..........................booooop........................boooop....................booop

The first arcade I frequented kept a PONG game around for nostalgic value, and people would play it now and again. This was in 1981.

That's a true fan. I don't know a lot of people who would have turned tricks for some gameplay.

LMAO That's a hell of a deal; first you have to pay for it, then you have to fellate it to make it work.

Jilly
01-13-2009, 08:46 AM

That's what she said

Demonpenz
01-13-2009, 10:05 AM
If I could go into any video game, it would be duck hunt so I could give that dog the stone cold stunner

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
If I could go into any video game, it would be duck hunt so I could give that dog the stone cold stunner

Everybody took shots at the mutt.

Skip Towne
01-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh yeah, George Plimpton Football!

Didn't the Atari go 2600, 2800, 5600?

Pole Position!ROFL That's awesome!

I remember everyone having a shit-fit when Coleco Vision hit, because the graphics looked just like the arcade for Donkey Kong.

Anybody remember Moon Patrol? I used to play the FUCK out of that game!

I also wouldn't mind having a Donkey Kong Jr. full size for the crib; that game was hard as a motherfucker.

Sure I remember Moon Patrol. I owned 4 of them.

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Sure I remember Moon Patrol. I owned 4 of them.

You owned an arcade? Or where you a distributor?

Skip Towne
01-13-2009, 10:37 AM

I'd think the freight would be horrendous on a full size game. They weigh more than a refrigerator. I think that "Battlezone" weighed more than 300 lbs.

Skip Towne
01-13-2009, 10:41 AM
You owned an arcade? Or where you a distributor?

I had a game route. About 100 games in convenience stores in 6 counties. A very easy way to make a very good living.

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I had a game route. About 100 games in convenience stores in 6 counties. A very easy way to make a very good living.

Yeah it was.

Jerm
01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I'd think the freight would be horrendous on a full size game. They weigh more than a refrigerator. I think that "Battlezone" weighed more than 300 lbs.

Wasn't too bad...the DK machine isn't overly huge.

Got it into the back of my Jimmy. :D

blaise
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I loved the Olympic game where you hit the two little buttons to make the dudes run, swim, box, etc.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
I saw the movie a few months back and I've read some of the Twin Galacies stuff about how Billy Mitchell was portrayed unfairly, and that's probably true to a degree, but there's other stuff he can't really deny. Like when he and his wife walked into the arcade and he said something like "Let's go, there's certain people here I don't like", or the fact that he wouldn't play Wiebe in person, or that he basically tricked that old lady into taking the videotape on the plane to show his new record after he acted like he was going to fly to New England.
Billy may have got the record back, so in that sense he won, but he's forever immortalized as a complete a-hole on DVD so in a larger sense he's the loser.

heh,

Yea, that guy came accross as the ultimate douche with his smug arrogant attitude.

Hes definately the King of the nerds.

Skip Towne
01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Wasn't too bad...the DK machine isn't overly huge.

Got it into the back of my Jimmy. :D

Yes, the Donkey Kong was smallerthan most of them. BTW, it is not a good idea to lay them down to haul them. They are built through the back door and can come out the same way.

Demonpenz
01-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I loved the Olympic game where you hit the two little buttons to make the dudes run, swim, box, etc.

if you took a pencil to that game you could dominate using one hand to toggle buttons and the other to press jump etc

Jerm
01-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, the Donkey Kong was smallerthan most of them. BTW, it is not a good idea to lay them down to haul them. They are built through the back door and can come out the same way.

LOL yup...figured that out when I got home, got lucky though.

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 11:07 AM
if you took a pencil to that game you could dominate using one hand to toggle buttons and the other to press jump etc

Ahhh...the old "pencil-rig"! ROFL I forgot all about that.

Demonpenz
01-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I was pretty good at video games at the roller skating rink. that was when I wasn't skating backwards trying to pee and pissing all over my stonewashed jeans

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I was pretty good at video games at the roller skating rink. that was when I wasn't skating backwards trying to pee and pissing all over my stonewashed jeans

They let you piss your pants while skating?! Now that's a party!:D

Archie F. Swin
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Billy Mitchell is such a douche, the fact that he's locked in 1989 from a fashion standpoint plays second fiddle to his douchebaggery.

Jerm
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
He does rock one mean mullet though haha.

Demonpenz
01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I had night driver down pat

Frosty
01-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Billy Mitchell is such a douche, the fact that he's locked in 1979 from a fashion standpoint plays second fiddle to his douchebaggery.

FYP. He looks like he's a member of The Bee Gees.

Darth CarlSatan
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
FYP. He looks like he's a member of The Bee Gees.

I love the old footage from his "Champion" days. He looks JUST LIKE every college goofball I ever saw at the arcade as a kid; the womanly "half-stashe", the feathered hair, and the perquisite "Pyromania" concert T.

Douche.

Valiant
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Billy Mitchell looks like my friend Caleb.. Except Caleb is actually a good guy..

KCFalcon59
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Billy Mitchell needed his ass kicked. What a dick!

KCChiefsMan
01-25-2009, 09:02 PM
ya I definately liked that documentary. Billy Mitchell is the biggest douche ever. I'm glad that one guy got his crown he deserved.

KCChiefsMan
01-25-2009, 09:03 PM
FWIW I never got past the 3rd level of that damn game

Darth CarlSatan
01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
FWIW I never got past the 3rd level of that damn game

Donkey Bitch.:p

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Just watched this my wife.

One of the most unintentionally hilarious films of all time, and for fuck's sake, someone needs to beat Billy Mitchell to death with the branch from a piss elm tree.

Darth CarlSatan
01-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Just watched this my wife.

One of the most unintentionally hilarious films of all time, and for fuck's sake, someone needs to beat Billy Mitchell to death with the branch from a piss elm tree.

ROFL And there goes the mouthful hash-browns right on to my keyboard!ROFLROFLROFL

patteeu
01-27-2009, 09:31 AM
LMAO...

that was great.

Seriously Steve deserved that record and that guy was normal imo, yeah he liked his DK, but atleast he wasn't a total douche with a super mullett and jesus beard going like Billy. I think bill and his posse were pretty douchey the whole time, and i felt bad for Steve that the super nerds wouldn't accept his record.

I can't help thinking that major characters in this movie were somehow choreographed to a certain extent rather than simply observed. Especially the part where the documentary makers happened to have camera crews in place everywhere they needed to be to "observe" the submission of Mitchell's video from beginning to end. It was a great movie though.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I want to seriously kick Billy Mitchell in the fucking balls.

Fishpicker
02-01-2009, 01:41 PM
if you like king of kong, you'll like chasing ghosts.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HrXIu5ibYk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HrXIu5ibYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this movie didn't have nearly the same distribution that KoK did. and it hasn't made it to DVD yet. Showtime is going to show it on February 6.

I think its funny... 3 years ago Twin Galaxies was dwindling away into nothing. Now, they get so much traffic on weekends that their servers can't handle it. And the Wiebe/Mitchell feud is almost entirely the result of editing.

anyone else remember watching VG championships on That's Incredible?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zO3ctKcI8Kg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zO3ctKcI8Kg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

they stopped doing these type shows after they had a Dragon's Lair championship. they set the machines to the hardest setting and even the pros couldnt make it through a single screen.

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
You know, I was an arcade kid and I still love to play games on my PC, but jeezuz fuckin' christ; these guys are sad.

Pablo
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I just watched this and I want to stab Billy Mitchell in the throat with a metal skewer.

Fishpicker
02-28-2009, 07:41 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSlt7nkltak&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSlt7nkltak&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh and it turns out that the director of K.o.K. and Steve Wiebe are friends since childhood.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YJayj0F2Rw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3YJayj0F2Rw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

googlegoogle
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Mein first console...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3860441/Sega_CD_rom__-_Night_Trap_(U)

Baby Lee
02-28-2009, 01:38 PM
OMFG, I meant to post it when I saw it, and now I can't remember who dropped the reference. What was the show that had a very recent episode with a throwaway bit of someone coming to an office door and announcing the was a Donkey Kong kill screen going down in the break room?

MTG#10
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
if you like king of kong, you'll like chasing ghosts.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HrXIu5ibYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

this movie didn't have nearly the same distribution that KoK did. and it hasn't made it to DVD yet. Showtime is going to show it on February 6.

I think its funny... 3 years ago Twin Galaxies was dwindling away into nothing. Now, they get so much traffic on weekends that their servers can't handle it. And the Wiebe/Mitchell feud is almost entirely the result of editing.

Meh, I dont care. With that haircut he's still a giant douchebag.