PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ravens SS Jim Leonhard Unrestricted free agent

rrl308
01-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Ravens Want To Re-Sign SS Jim Leonhard

The Ravens would like to re-sign SS Jim Leonhard who is slated to be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason, the way we hear it. If re-signed, Leonhard would, at the least, be the favorite to be the teamís punt returner in 2009 over Yamon Figurs. Leonhard, who has been the starter at strong safety for much of the í08 campaign after Dawan Landry suffered a season-ending neck injury in Week Three, could also compete for playing time in the secondary.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

What are some of your opinions on this guy? Seems to me I've seen him all over the field the last few weeks making plays. Do you think he worth taking a look at?

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 12:56 AM
He is real, real good.

aturnis
01-11-2009, 01:22 AM
He's been a career backup, but seems go have a great nose for the ball. In all the games I've watched, he seems to be a difference maker. Also, he just might leave if he won't be the outright starter.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Wasn't he a walk-on at Wisconsin?

beach tribe
01-11-2009, 01:32 AM
He's been better than Pollard. That's for sure, and it's mainly because...HE WRAPS UP.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 04:49 AM
This guy was complete balls before going to Baltimore....he's masked by the talent that surrounds him specifically that other guy at safety...

MGRS13
01-11-2009, 09:58 AM
This guy was complete balls before going to Baltimore....he's masked by the talent that surrounds him specifically that other guy at safety...Nah i don't think so this time Mecca, really overall hes playing better right now then that other guy at safety. Everybody remembers picks they make the highlight reels on sportscenter but Leonhard is in on every tackle the guy has been playing lights out.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Nah i don't think so this time Mecca, really overall hes playing better right now then that other guy at safety. Everybody remembers picks they make the highlight reels on sportscenter but Leonhard is in on every tackle the guy has been playing lights out.

There is no one in the NFL playing better than Ed Reed.

That said...

JL is always around the ball, making plays.

Spicy McHaggis
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Wasn't he a walk-on at Wisconsin?

Yep, and he tore things up here. I think he has the record for int.

MGRS13
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
There is no one in the NFL playing better than Ed Reed.

That said...

JL is always around the ball, making plays.

Really?
Leonhard 12 tac. half a sack 2 pas def 1 int
Reed 5 tac 0 sacks 4 pas def 2 int.

aturnis
01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Really?
Leonhard 12 tac. half a sack 2 pas def 1 int
Reed 5 tac 0 sacks 4 pas def 2 int.

Really what?

Mecca
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm going to go with the team he's on before he was with Baltimore he was so bad Rich Gannon was making fun of him during a broadcast.