PDA

View Full Version : Football TEBOW to stay in school

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Just announced at the National Championship Celebration!

As I predicted a couple of years ago for basketball (chronicled here:http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151917&highlight=repeat+journey), Florida will repeat as National Champions in 2009.

All you haters get to hate for another year because it will be all Tebow all the time and another Florida Championship.

That is all.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 01:23 PM
NOW WHO'RE WE GONNA DRAFT AT #3?!?!?!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
shocker, not like he has huge NFL prospects...

Basileus777
Smart choice for him. He's not going costing himself money because he's not going to be drafted high.

milkman
NOW WHO'RE WE GONNA DRAFT AT #3?!?!?!

John Parker Wilson.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe he can learn how to be an NFL QB

the Talking Can
the nfl doesn't want him, what else is he going to do....

OnTheWarpath58
I guess there was no comment from Spikes and Harvin?

mikeyis4dcats.
01-11-2009, 01:26 PM
In other news, TODD REESING is not declaring for the draft.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I guess there was no comment from Spikes and Harvin?

Percy said he was going to talk with coach and his family tomorrow and make a decision.

Spikes wasn't at the celebration, but they mentioned he is strongly leaning towards returning to Florida.

cdcox
01-11-2009, 01:28 PM
So he's going to delay not becoming an NFL QB by one more year. Smart choice.

WilliamTheIrish
I'll bet God is happy to have made that decision for him today.

Hoover
Tebow will probably win 3 national championships. It doesn't matter or not of he plays in the NFL, he will get some nice gig at ESPN or something. I actually think he can have a nice NFL career. If Randall El can get paid in this league so can Tebow. And with the roster restrictions these days, haveing Tebow as your H-Back and 3rd QB would be very nice.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Percy said he was going to talk with coach and his family tomorrow and make a decision.

Spikes wasn't at the celebration, but they mentioned he is strongly leaning towards returning to Florida.

*EDIT*

Percy said he is leaning towards returning, no word on Spikes. Although coach Strong said he expects Spikes to return.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Tebow will probably win 3 national championships. It doesn't matter or not of he plays in the NFL, he will get some nice gig at ESPN or something. I actually think he can have a nice NFL career. If Randall El can get paid in this league so can Tebow. And with the roster restrictions these days, haveing Tebow as your H-Back and 3rd QB would be very nice.

Exactly. Whether or not he can play QB in the NFL doesn't matter. He can become the greatest college player ever (2 Heisman's, 3 NC's). That's a pretty nice legacy.

Fish
01-11-2009, 01:31 PM
All is lost.....

Count Alex's Losses
01-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Tebow to DaKCManAP is like LJ to Claythan!

eazyb81
01-11-2009, 01:33 PM
ZOMG!!!!!11111one

Honestly, he would be a moron to leave early. He's not an NFL QB, period.

DeezNutz
01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Has anyone heard from Demonpenz? Hope he's ok. I understand his disappointment.

Dude, it's like Snugga always tells me, sometimes the best walnut is the walnut.

Hound333
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Why the hell wouldn't he come back. He gets another year of people licking him up and down before he disappears.

Bearcat
01-11-2009, 01:41 PM
It's about as easy as you can have it when you're in the SEC...

9/5 Charleston Southern
9/12 Troy
9/19 Tennessee
9/26 at Kentucky
10/10 at LSU
10/17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
10/24 at Mississippi State
10/31 vs. Georgia (Jacksonville FL)
11/7 Vanderbilt
11/14 at South Carolina
11/21 Florida International
11/28 Florida State (Senior Day)
12/5 SEC Championship Game (Atlanta GA)

KChiefs1
01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
he or should I say God made a smart decision for him....

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
It's about as easy as you can have it when you're in the SEC...

9/5 Charleston Southern
9/12 Troy
9/19 Tennessee
9/26 at Kentucky
10/10 at LSU
10/17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
10/24 at Mississippi State
10/31 vs. Georgia (Jacksonville FL)
11/7 Vanderbilt
11/14 at South Carolina
11/21 Florida International
11/28 Florida State (Senior Day)
12/5 SEC Championship Game (Atlanta GA)

Yes, we'll have an easier time than this year, IMO. This year our schedule was #2 in the country in difficulty. Tennessee will still struggle, Georgia will be without Stafford and Moreno. Me like. :)

eazyb81
01-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I think Tebow just wanted one more summer of fondling and cutting penises.

Crashride
01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
ZOMG!!!!!11111one

Honestly, he would be a moron to leave early. He's not an NFL QB, period.

Not trying to be a dick here, I just dont understand my college football.

When someone says hes "not an nfl qb" what do they mean exactly? What is the person lacking that wouldnt make him good in the nfl?

I have the same question when someone says someone is a "system qb." I always thought throwing the ball was just throwing the ball. Is it because he runs a lot?

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:49 PM

When someone says hes "not an nfl qb" what do they mean exactly? What is the person lacking that wouldnt make him good in the nfl?

I have the same question when someone says someone is a "system qb." I always thought throwing the ball was just throwing the ball. Is it because he runs a lot?

Tebow has an unorthodox throwing style, is not the most accurate, has bad mechanics, is a spread QB who doesn't take snaps under center - to name a few. I could care less about his pro prospects because he's one hell of a college QB.

eazyb81
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM

It's different in each case, but for Tebow he has very awkward arm mechanics that will need to be completely reworked from scratch. Also, he has no experience in a system that emphasizes even a little bit of pro schemes. He rarely drops back from the center, he doesn't have any experience in play action, he doesn't check down off his WRs, etc.

Skip Towne
01-11-2009, 01:52 PM
In other news, TODD REESING is not declaring for the draft.

The NFL should come beg him to participate. Great QB.

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
this is a sad day for the Chiefs franchise

Ari Chi3fs
01-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Are you sure you want to add DaKCMan AP to your ignore list?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3825566

cdcox
01-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Trent Green was a nice system qb. In the context of the Al Saunders offense, he could put up big numbers and help you win a lot of games. But for him to be successful, all of the components of the offense had to be clicking. You needed your running game going to keep the defenders guessing, you needed good protection from a HOF offensive line, and you have to mix short and medium length passes. Under these conditions Green played great, put up a ton of stats, and won a lot of games.

But you are not going to put the game on Green's shoulders and have him win the game for you. You leave the AS offense, you put average NFL pressure on him, you require him to make a log of difficult throws, and he isn't going to look very good.

Great QBs can be successful in any system. They can make a lot of plays when things aren't going exactly their way. You can put the game on their shoulders and they are going to win it. Elway, P. Manning, Favre, Brady. There aren't very many great QBs.

Stewie
01-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Wow! Who'da thunk? The guy has not proven that he can perform at any level other than where he's at. The guy has no skill that transfers to the NFL, but I'm sure there are puppies and kitties to save in Gainesville and plenty of slobbering media types to lick it up a spew it out.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
The guy has not proven that he can perform at any level other than where he's at.

Hey Nostradumbass, no college player has proven that he can perform at any level other than the collegiate level.

:spock:

Braincase
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Why don't we just call off next season and give Tebow the Heisman and declare Florida next year's winner now - then we can fill Saturday afternoons with a non-stop Billy Mays and Shamwow Crackhead marathon?

I'd almost prefer that to the perpetual Florida slurpfest that is DaKCMan AP. I now know why I added him to my ignore list. Let him save his literary circle-jerk for the SEC fans that give a rat's ass.

Tuckdaddy
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Of course he's staying at FL, he's got the internet and can see the draft big board that's he's not on.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Why don't we just call off next season and give Tebow the Heisman and declare Florida next year's winner now - then we can fill Saturday afternoons with a non-stop Billy Mays and Shamwow Crackhead marathon?

I'd almost prefer that to the perpetual Florida slurpfest that is DaKCMan AP. I now know why I added him to my ignore list. Let him save his literary circle-jerk for the SEC fans that give a rat's ass.

Sour grapes + jealousy at its finest.

Ari Chi3fs
01-11-2009, 03:11 PM
aren't there any Florida Gator message boards on the internet?

Braincase
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM

Yes, but here we use two-syllable words, sometimes longer - like "syllable".

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Yea, there are. And there are KU BB's too. But that never stopped anybody from posting KU recruiting updates did it?

Skip Towne
01-11-2009, 03:18 PM

He's too obnoxious for them. They threw him out.

Braincase
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Yea, there are. And there are KU BB's too. But that never stopped anybody from posting KU recruiting updates did it?

Hey, now, at least KU is in the same time zone.

Ari Chi3fs
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM

Don't make me sit on you.

Plus, last I checked... Kansas is a local university.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey, now, at least KU is in the same time zone.
It's the interwebs bro, there are no time zones there. Besides, he's actually a former KU fan. If you ask him, prior to being accepted to UFla., he was a big KU guy.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Don't make me sit on you.

Plus, last I checked... Kansas is a local university.

LMAO I like you Ari.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Smart move. He obviously isn't in the same league as Bradford, Sanchez, and Stafford.

Stewie
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Nostradumbass, no college player has proven that he can perform at any level other than the collegiate level.

:spock:

Yeah, no one knew Elway, Marino, or P. Manning would be great QBs in the NFL when they were in college.

Tebow is Herman Munster wrapped up in a pretty robe. Can't move and can't pass.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I think Tebow has 2nd round value, or even late 1st round value...just not as a QB.

You can't tell me he wouldn't add versatility and value has an H-Back/TE/WR/QB hybrid type player? We've all seen how good the Wildcat has been this year and other than Vince Young, I can't think of a better QB to have out of that package.

He's a utility player with good character and a strong work ethic...if I was drafting in the 30-45 range, I'd take Tebow...as long as he'd be ok with not being anything more than the emergency QB every week.

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
The Wildcat's impact has been wildly overstated. Wasting a 2nd round pick on a player for a gimmick offense that only really worked for half of a season is retarded.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I think Tebow has 2nd round value, or even late 1st round value...just not as a QB.

You can't tell me he wouldn't add versatility and value has an H-Back/TE/WR/QB hybrid type player? We've all seen how good the Wildcat has been this year and other than Vince Young, I can't think of a better QB to have out of that package.

He's a utility player with good character and a strong work ethic...if I was drafting in the 30-45 range, I'd take Tebow...as long as he'd be ok with not being anything more than the emergency QB every week.

He's Matt Jones with a dash of Brad Smith.

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
He's Matt Jones with a dash of Brad Smith.
He's not as fast as Matt Jones. Tebow isn't running a sub 4.4.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:52 PM
The Wildcat's impact has been wildly overstated. Wasting a 2nd round pick on a player for a gimmick offense that only really worked for half of a season is retarded.

Why is that retarded?

How often do you find a pro bowler in the 2nd round?

Tebow reminds me of Chris Cooley.

You wouldn't take Chris Cooley with the ability to add a unique package to an offense with a 2nd round pick?

Owen Daniels was a college QB and he and Tebow possess similar size...you wouldn't take Owen Daniels in the 2nd round?

If Tebow is ok with the H-Back/TE/Wildcat position, he's worth an early 2nd round pick.

There is no way he's not as physically gifted as Owen Daniels or Chris Cooley.

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Someone's whose upside is Chris Cooley or Owen Daniels isn't worth a late first, early second round pick.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Cooley (6'3" 260)
Daniels (6'3" 245)
Tebow (6'3" 245)

Tebow...freakish athlete who, assuming he can catch a football, would be much more dynamic than those two players...and they are both pro bowl quality players...that are easily deserving of 2nd round pick value.

People on this board expect all-pro caliber talent in the 2nd round and that's just not the case 95% of the time.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Chris Cooley and Owen Daniels aren't worth late first, early second round picks.

ROFL

Ok buddy.

If Chris Cooley checked himself into the draft I'm willing to bet someone that needs a TE would take him in that range.

Tebow is nothing more than a 5th round pick if he refuses to do anything but play QB.

If he accepts the fact he probably isn't NFL caliber at that position...I guarantee a guy with that work ethic could easily be a notch above Chris Cooley...one of the best TE's in the game.

CoMoChief
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Exactly. Whether or not he can play QB in the NFL doesn't matter. He can become the greatest college player ever (2 Heisman's, 3 NC's). That's a pretty nice legacy.

There are a lot of people I would put waaaay before Tebow in that category.

Tebow isn't a great QB......at all........by any means.

Fruit Ninja
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow, so many haters in this thread. I know that happens when your team is good. lol I get it with my Lakers all the time. hah

Manila-Chief
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
There are a lot of people I would put waaaay before Tebow in that category.

Tebow isn't a great QB......at all........by any means.

You don't have to worry. He is staying in school. Now if we need a QB next year there may be a possibility for another of these long threads. ROFL

http://www.gainesville.com/

Ari Chi3fs
01-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Wow, so many haters in this thread. I know that happens when your team is good. lol I get it with my Lakers all the time. hah

you would probably get shit here too, if you had a Lakers avatar and a huge obnoxious Lakers signature... but you don't.

And most of your threads AREN'T about the lakers.

This guy's a joke.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
heh,

All this means is that his advisors told him he would be no better than a 3rd round draft choice.

KCChiefsMan
01-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Reesing will be a better pro than Tebow. Write that down.

kstater
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Kind of tough to be a better pro without being drafted.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM

By "pro" do you mean male prostitute?

Demonpenz
01-11-2009, 06:05 PM
tim tebow if he doesn't play qb will be *gasp* Kris wilson (hey no schtick for me today wth)

DeezNutz
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
tim tebow if he doesn't play qb will be *gasp* Kris wilson (hey no schtick for me today wth)

That upset, huh? It's ok. The Chiefs will have to work that much harder to locate another duel threat come April.

Valiant
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes, we'll have an easier time than this year, IMO. This year our schedule was #2 in the country in difficulty. Tennessee will still struggle, Georgia will be without Stafford and Moreno. Me like. :)

Was that the rankings before the season started??

Tuckdaddy
01-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Cooley (6'3" 260)
Daniels (6'3" 245)
Tebow (6'3" 245)

Tebow...freakish athlete who, assuming he can catch a football, would be much more dynamic than those two players...and they are both pro bowl quality players...that are easily deserving of 2nd round pick value.

People on this board expect all-pro caliber talent in the 2nd round and that's just not the case 95% of the time.

Freakish athlete? He's 6'3" 240lbs and he moves just like a guy that's 6'3" 240lbs. He's not fast and he's not elusive. He's good for college and what they do at FL and that's it.

blueballs
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ultra Peanut
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
He needs to get tested for anorexic.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Maybe during his Sr season he should work on his blocking and recieving skills...

Fruit Ninja
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
you would probably get shit here too, if you had a Lakers avatar and a huge obnoxious Lakers signature... but you don't.

And most of your threads AREN'T about the lakers.

This guy's a joke.

haha, Well thats true as well. I need to get me a Kobe Bryant avater now. lol Naw, maybe the Captain.

I went with the Cappy and Magic. hah

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 07:40 PM
haha, Well thats true as well. I need to get me a Kobe Bryant avater now. lol Naw, maybe the Captain.

I went with the Cappy and Magic. hah

What a dick, go to your lakers boards buddy this is just SPAM

Fruit Ninja
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
What a dick, go to your lakers boards buddy this is just SPAM

haha, There is already to many homers at lakersground. They dont need me to spread the Lakers love there. lol

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Props to the Lakers for destroying the Celtics swagger.

Sam Hall
01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Just remember that nothing is guaranteed for Florida next year. It's hard to repeat, and when a team is favored to do so, it usually doesn't happen. Just look at what happened to the New York Giants today. Florida still plays difficult opponents, and few people thought Ole Miss would beat them this year. I could see them losing at LSU next year.