PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Warhammer Online?

petegz28
01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Has anyone tried this? I am growing wearing of WoW and their lack of ability to keep fresh rubberbands and well fed hamsters running their servers?

Silock
01-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Most everyone I know that left WoW for Warhammer came back to WoW.

petegz28
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Most everyone I know that left WoW for Warhammer came back to WoW.

Ugh! I hate the direction WoW has taken, focusing pretty much on PVE and screwing us PVP guys. And to top it off, the server I am on crashes all the time and has been lagy since the patch pre-Xpac. But I surely do not want to go back to EQ, that is for sure.

Silock
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I took a huge break from WoW (6 months or so). I recently upgraded to WotLK, and I'm loving it so far. Feels like the original WoW to me. BC sucked ass. I haven't done any PvP yet, though. Still trying to get to 80.

Can you server transfer off? They have a ton of free transfers going on now.

petegz28
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I took a huge break from WoW (6 months or so). I recently upgraded to WotLK, and I'm loving it so far. Feels like the original WoW to me. BC sucked ass. I haven't done any PvP yet, though. Still trying to get to 80.

Can you server transfer off? They have a ton of free transfers going on now.

Unfortunately my server is not available for the free transfer. And until yesterday they had blocked any transfers cause get this, they had more people playing at one time than they expected. ROFL

It's hillarious.

KCChiefsMan
01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I started playing WoW and WAR at the same time a few months ago. WAR won at first, now I'm sick of it and am playing WoW. both has it's pro-s and cons. I think I would have been fine with WAR if I didn't spend so much time making a Sorc and a Witch hunter. The Sorc is the worst class and the only thing a WH can kill is a Sorc....lol

Pants
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Trying out WAR right now. Have an 18 Warrior Priest. To me, WAR > WOW in what I want a MMO to be. I gotta say, Mythic did an amazing job of class balance and the PvP is simply amazing. This is everything I ever wanted from WoW but could never get. I do miss raiding with my old guild, but I think that
s just nostalgia talking. WoW is a grindfest and WAR is a like a fresh breath from that.

KCChiefsMan
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Trying out WAR right now. Have an 18 Warrior Priest. To me, WAR > WOW in what I want a MMO to be. I gotta say, Mythic did an amazing job of class balance and the PvP is simply amazing. This is everything I ever wanted from WoW but could never get. I do miss raiding with my old guild, but I think that
s just nostalgia talking. WoW is a grindfest and WAR is a like a fresh breath from that.

ya, it's pretty fun at first. I guess I picked the wrong classes to start with. I love all the RvR and scenarios in WAR. I think I may start over with a Chosen character or something.

petegz28
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Sounds like I might have to try WAR. WoW created this new class called a Death Knight, and it is about the most over-powered bullshit I have ever seen. I was fighting an NPS mob, 2 Horde that were 2 levls above me tried to gank me and I killed everything with usin gjust one healing potion. That is insane. And they buffed up the Palladin's to almost the same God-like level.

Raiderhater58
01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
I love my Paladin.

Raiderhater58
01-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh and I think I found your problem, youre playing Alliance.

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Delano
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I've got at least a level 20 of every class except a few and must say that Warhammer is a pretty damn fun game.

I've done several fortress raids with my 40 Bright Wizard. They are getting much better as the developers tweak things (population cap, server stability).

Valiant
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Ugh! I hate the direction WoW has taken, focusing pretty much on PVE and screwing us PVP guys. And to top it off, the server I am on crashes all the time and has been lagy since the patch pre-Xpac. But I surely do not want to go back to EQ, that is for sure.

Are you fucking serious???

A: transfer to a more stable server

B: They have been fucking PVE over since Arena started.. Constant nerfs to PVE ability because people bitch..

C: You get the best weapons and armor easier by BG and doing Arena's compared to having the chance to get a token or your weapon dropping in raids..

I wish Blizzard would not have backed off on the weapons nerf to Arena weapons like they did.. Besides the weapons only having stamina and resilience on them, they were going to have less dps then their PVE counterparts to differentiate choices.. damage vs. survivability..

Valiant
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM

I just WOW would institute a entirely different rule set for BG's and Arena's and quit nerfing the abilities for PVE.. IT is not hard to do, just fucking lazy..

Trust me a game that makes over a 100million a month should be able to have more stable servers and coding.. And fucking armor models and icons.. For fucks give us more..

Shit at least let us color our own gear like DaoC or even better character creation like CoH/CoV..

Valiant
01-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like I might have to try WAR. WoW created this new class called a Death Knight, and it is about the most over-powered bullshit I have ever seen. I was fighting an NPS mob, 2 Horde that were 2 levls above me tried to gank me and I killed everything with usin gjust one healing potion. That is insane. And they buffed up the Palladin's to almost the same God-like level.

Paladin's are worse.. Honestly I think you just played against horrible players.. I fuck up DK's on my rogue, well when I get the drop.. Catch me out in the open and gank me I am usually dead before I know what is going on.. Maybe I should stop watching tv while farming..

Silock
01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
on my rogue

LOL

I hate you.

Sincerely,
Holy Priest

Molitoth
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Warhammer's end game content is lacking,.... just like every other copycat MMORPG that has been released lately.

IE: Vanguard, Age of Conan, EQ2, etc..

The only games still pumping out end game content worth a shit are WoW and EQ

Pants
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Warhammer's end game content is lacking,.... just like every other copycat MMORPG that has been released lately.

IE: Vanguard, Age of Conan, EQ2, etc..

The only games still pumping out end game content worth a shit are WoW and EQ

What was WoW's endgame 3 months into release? UBRS? Comon, dude...

Silock
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
What was WoW's endgame 3 months into release? UBRS? Comon, dude...

And Molten Core.

MC was in there from the beginning.

petegz28
01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I never made it to WoW's end game cause I do not PVE. In fact, the stockades is about the highest instance I ever ran. I'm there more for the PVP, which I will say is much better than the PVP was in EQ.

Fruit Ninja
01-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I never made it to WoW's end game cause I do not PVE. In fact, the stockades is about the highest instance I ever ran. I'm there more for the PVP, which I will say is much better than the PVP was in EQ.

Well, EQ was never ment to be a PVP game really. Hell, there were no raids when it came out. Not until people started to try to kill NPC's that were not supposed to be killed. haha

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 08:14 PM
so how do you do RvR or PvP or whatever in WoW? I'm lvl 20 Mage Dreanel (??) now and I still haven't seen anything about fighting against other players. That is one cool thing about WAR is that you can just jump right into it as soon as you start. I've only done solo quest stuff and I haven't even seen any info on how to do some PvP. Can you not do it until you hit a later level or something?

petegz28
01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
so how do you do RvR or PvP or whatever in WoW? I'm lvl 20 Mage Dreanel (??) now and I still haven't seen anything about fighting against other players. That is one cool thing about WAR is that you can just jump right into it as soon as you start. I've only done solo quest stuff and I haven't even seen any info on how to do some PvP. Can you not do it until you hit a later level or something?

Are you on a PVP server? If so then go into a contested area and find a horde and kill it. Or go into a Battleground

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Are you on a PVP server? If so then go into a contested area and find a horde and kill it. Or go into a Battleground

hmmmmm, I must not be damnit. there are no areas to go fighting in any of them. Let me go check

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
no, Mug'thol it says PVP. I explored the first 3 maps and saw nothing. What am I missing here? I know I know...NOOOOOB

petegz28
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
no, Mug'thol it says PVP. I explored the first 3 maps and saw nothing. What am I missing here? I know I know...NOOOOOB

You have to be in a contested zone, like Ashenvale.

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
You have to be in a contested zone, like Ashenvale.

hmmm. How do you know if the zone is contested?

petegz28
01-16-2009, 08:24 PM
hmmm. How do you know if the zone is contested?

When you enter the zone it will say Contested and your name will turn green. Make sure in your settings you have it set so you can see your name and others above your player

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
When you enter the zone it will say Contested and your name will turn green. Make sure in your settings you have it set so you can see your name and others above your player

so do you have to go around looking and hoping one of the zones you step into is contested? it's a big world, that might take awhile to find one.

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 10:16 PM
ok, just played for about a half hour, tried to look for some contested areas, but found natta

petegz28
01-16-2009, 10:18 PM
ok, just played for about a half hour, tried to look for some contested areas, but found natta

Most zones are contested

Valiant
01-16-2009, 10:20 PM

No, if you want to pvp you have to be at least 60.. And actually 60 is not fun anymore either.. Why.. People like me spend 3000in game gold to trick out our characters and two shot anybody who is not..

Wow was never imo really suppose to be a pvp game outside of world pvp and BG's.. And then they ruined that with arena's and their new rules that affect pve..

Valiant
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM

You probably play on a PVE server.. That means you are safe so no one attacks you while you are leveling..

The ways around this are turn on your pvp flag and hopefully find someone with theirs on.. If not you can not attack them, but they can get the first attack on you.. Also lvl 80's will kill you just for fun..

The other ways are BG's, but tricked out players will murder you..

Or be lvl 80 and arena or wintergrasp..

Valiant
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Really though if you are into PVP over PVE, Warhammer is a much better game for you..

KCChiefsMan
01-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Really though if you are into PVP over PVE, Warhammer is a much better game for you..

quite possibly. Thanks for the tips. But I'll give WoW a fair chance.

petegz28
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
No, if you want to pvp you have to be at least 60.. And actually 60 is not fun anymore either.. Why.. People like me spend 3000in game gold to trick out our characters and two shot anybody who is not..

Wow was never imo really suppose to be a pvp game outside of world pvp and BG's.. And then they ruined that with arena's and their new rules that affect pve..

What? I have PVP'd since 20

petegz28
01-16-2009, 10:28 PM
If you are on a PVP server and you go into a Contested zone you are fair game, regardless of level. I am not sure where you get 60 from? In fact I just wiped a few horde the other night in Winterspring with my 54 Priest. And again in Felwood.

Valiant
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
If you are on a PVP server and you go into a Contested zone you are fair game, regardless of level. I am not sure where you get 60 from? In fact I just wiped a few horde the other night in Winterspring with my 54 Priest. And again in Felwood.

The 60 is so you can do AV and AB.. But there are 60twinks now ruining those brackets..

You are talking about world pvp which I wrote about already Wow was never imo really suppose to be a pvp game outside of world pvp and BG's.. And then they ruined that with arena's and their new rules that affect pve..

You and I are on pvp servers, I can kill anyone I want if I want to.. He is obviously on a pve server and does not have this option.. His option is to flag, which I don't recommend or go to a BG, which would be WSG which has twinks at every lvl till 80...

Silock
01-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I feel bad for anyone just starting out in WoW. The original content was awesome and fun, but levelling from 1-80 would be a gigantic pain in the ass. I wouldn't do it.

GoTrav
01-17-2009, 12:03 AM

In WoW, you can do battlegrounds at 10-19? But you don't receive any exp from them without a quest, iirc? Then they tier up from there for every 10 levels, (20-29, 30-39, etc). But the low level BG's are probably filled with twinks that are geared to the teeth with weapon enchants that will kill you pretty quick. Just visit a battlemaster and que up for a PvP battleground if you want to do some team PvP type stuff.

Fruit Ninja
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
I feel bad for anyone just starting out in WoW. The original content was awesome and fun, but levelling from 1-80 would be a gigantic pain in the ass. I wouldn't do it.

They made it so you level really fast and if you join some stupid friends program you get like 50 percent exp bonus for the first month or so. I hear its easy to level now. I did it pre TBC, but i wouldn't ever do it again as i really hated that game. I just played it becuase i knew people that did. I rather do old level 59 hell level in eq 10 x over again. lol

GoTrav
01-17-2009, 12:09 AM

I recently went back and was suprised how quick 60-68 was. They reduced the exp requirements by quite a bit.

GoTrav
01-17-2009, 12:13 AM
They made it so you level really fast and if you join some stupid friends program you get like 50 percent exp bonus for the first month or so. I hear its easy to level now. I did it pre TBC, but i wouldn't ever do it again as i really hated that game. I just played it becuase i knew people that did. I rather do old level 59 hell level in eq 10 x over again. lol

ha, those EQ levels, even the whole grind to max level in WoW, compare nothing to the EQ hell levels. I think I have less than 3 days on my death knight from 58-68 and that's with a lot of AFK due to wife, kid, etc. The lower level grind prior to getting your mount is a PITA, and not something I've done recently, but if you can get a mount at 30 it shouldn't be as bad. Something I always used was Jame's leveling guide. They have one for both alliance and horde. http://www.wow-pro.com/node/754

KCChiefsMan
01-17-2009, 01:18 AM
I did a warrior up to lvl 17 and it seemed like a grind. then I was told about questhelper, I downloaded and started a new character and got to lvl 20 way faster. It definately makes the game more enjoyable for me without having to read the thing and figure out where to go, it was just time consuming.

But I finally figured out how to PvP and probably won't do it again for a while. It only took them 1 shot to kill me...lol

Valiant
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
I did a warrior up to lvl 17 and it seemed like a grind. then I was told about questhelper, I downloaded and started a new character and got to lvl 20 way faster. It definately makes the game more enjoyable for me without having to read the thing and figure out where to go, it was just time consuming.

But I finally figured out how to PvP and probably won't do it again for a while. It only took them 1 shot to kill me...lol

Questhelper is a must.. My friend refuses to use it.. He and I started during Vanilla Wow when everything was hard and you had to find it on your own or yell in chat..

LOL, That is why I said you wont enjoy battlegrounds until 60, your other choice is world pvp.. But being on a pve server it is harder for you unless your 80 and in wintergrasp in northrend..

---------------

The recruit a friend is 3x experience till 60.. With a good friend you hit 60 in about a days played time..

petegz28
01-17-2009, 08:06 AM
The 60 is so you can do AV and AB.. But there are 60twinks now ruining those brackets..

You are talking about world pvp which I wrote about already

You and I are on pvp servers, I can kill anyone I want if I want to.. He is obviously on a pve server and does not have this option.. His option is to flag, which I don't recommend or go to a BG, which would be WSG which has twinks at every lvl till 80...

He said he is on a PVP server, I just think he is stuck in the noob zones.

Valiant
01-17-2009, 02:40 PM
He said he is on a PVP server, I just think he is stuck in the noob zones.

Ahh well as soon as he gets out of Sent Hill and into redridge he might see some..

chasedude
02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Got this game over the weekend. What a waste of money. I sure won't be adding monthly subscriptions to this. 50 bucks down the drain :cuss: I hate the fact in being forced to PvP in a PvE area to complete the game. They should be separate.

Pants
02-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Got this game over the weekend. What a waste of money. I sure won't be adding monthly subscriptions to this. 50 bucks down the drain :cuss: I hate the fact in being forced to PvP in a PvE area to complete the game. They should be separate.

WTF does "compete the game" mean? You don't complete an MMO... And, yes, might want to do some research before you spend $50 next time.

Delano
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Huh? If you want to PvE til 40 you sure can.

Did you pick an open RVR server or something?

KCChiefsMan
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

I think the game is great. You don't have to PvP at all, so you may have joined Praag or another Open RvR server. I would suggest trying a different server

Delano
02-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I am canceling my account for the time being. I may pick it up again next winter if they add some new content (new scenario types, higher level cap, more armor and weapon models). I don't need MORE profession types (Slayer and Choppa), but I guess they want to flesh out the race/profession balance before they add more of the other content.

I maxed out three characters (Bright Wizard, Magus, Warrior Priest), and am a little burnt out, but my main reason for canceling is that I have too much shit to do.

keg in kc
03-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I just read an article about how they're closing down 40+ servers. Not a good sign.

oaklandhater
03-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I just read an article about how they're closing down 40+ servers. Not a good sign.

Lmao all the WoW clones are dieing funny has shit this and AoC were WoW with a different paint job here is hopeing Kotor online can put a dent in Blizzards numbers.

keg in kc
03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
LotRO still seems to be chugging alone okay, as far as I can tell. Newest free update is tuesday.

The Old Republic does look really intriguing. 'course, so did Galaxies. Hopefully Bioware makes it something special.

Delano
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM

They did a nice job of having lots of servers during launch. Everyone got in and there were rarely wait times. Then, when numbers trailed off in some servers, Mythic encouraged players to transfer and consolidated a few servers. Shutting down 40 servers seems like the logical conclusion of their strategy.

oaklandhater
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
LotRO still seems to be chugging alone okay, as far as I can tell. Newest free update is tuesday.

The Old Republic does look really intriguing. 'course, so did Galaxies. Hopefully Bioware makes it something special.

lotRo gained numbers with there last expasion mines of moria

Has for the old republic the fact that it is made by bioware will at least get me to try the game before I make any judgements.

keg in kc
03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I play LotRO, looking forward to the new stuff tuesday. I'd gotten pretty burned out running moria stuff.

KCChiefsMan
05-16-2009, 03:28 PM
well I finally got a toon to lvl 40. For about a month now I've been playing the end game. I must say that the repetitive nature of it is boring me. Do crypts, boots, helm then go take BO's and keeps and look for a skirmish. Rinse and repeat. I don't even want to level up another character because it's basically going through the same thing.

chasedude
05-17-2009, 03:13 AM
well I finally got a toon to lvl 40. For about a month now I've been playing the end game. I must say that the repetitive nature of it is boring me. Do crypts, boots, helm then go take BO's and keeps and look for a skirmish. Rinse and repeat. I don't even want to level up another character because it's basically going through the same thing.

I have a 27 Black Orc that I've bored with and lost my thrill for. My subscription comes up this month, thinking of not renewing.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Got boring real quick.

Silock
05-18-2009, 07:55 AM
<-- Still playing WoW