PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Larry Fitzgerald the best WR in the NFL?

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:25 PM
They are posing this question on CBS pregame...

I say most definitely.

Larry Fitzgerald has such amazing body control...I wouldn't take anyone over Fitz...he plays the game how it should be played, and he's a freak.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I almost posted this thread the other day. Yes he is.

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
What a stupid question.

Without a doubt.

blueballs
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
He can hold Boldin's jock

Ari Chi3fs
01-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I think it's Jeff Webb. He is great.

NewChief
01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
He's awesome, but I can't believe how Warner is able to just lock onto him the whole game and get away with it. People should be jumping those routes. They finally did once toward the end of the game last night, but it was too little too late.

milkman
What a stupid question.

Without a doubt.

Bill Cowher said he would not jump LF over Andre Johnson.

Short Leash Hootie
What a stupid question.

Without a doubt.

Blow me, dude.

Randy Moss and Andre Johnson beg to differ...this is a stupid question?

Why don't you suck a dick...I don't know what it is around here about posters like you that think their opinion is so much better and valid than everyone else.

Christ. We have some angry, angry, angry people on this board.

tk13
He's great. I don't know if you can really put him above Randy Moss though.

KCUnited
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Toss up between him and Andre Johnson.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
He's awesome, but I can't believe how Warner is able to just lock onto him the whole game and get away with it. People should be jumping those routes. They finally did once toward the end of the game last night, but it was too little too late.

that TD Fitz had was awesome...and he ALWAYS gets the ball at its highest point. He's a pleasure to watch...that guy is not only the best WR, IMO, but he's a top 5 football player.

jidar
01-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Just by raw talent I would say Moss is better. Unfortunately Moss's character issues reduces his stock quite a bit so I'd take LF for sure.

Short Leash Hootie
He's great. I don't know if you can really put him above Randy Moss though.

Moss has better big play potential but I don't think he has better hands, I don't think he runs better routes, and he most certainly isn't as dedicated to the 'little' things...

But yeah, arguments can easily be made for Fitz, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss...maybe Terrell Owens as well. Those have to be the elite four...and no one else really comes close to their tier.

MGRS13
Blow me, dude.

Why don't you suck a dick...I don't know what it is around here about posters like you that think their opinion is so much better and valid than everyone else.

Like angrier then you? Can't be any dumber then you I'll give you that.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Like angrier then you? Can't be any dumber then you I'll give you that.

Well, you're entitled to think that I'm dumb but if you're going to mock me, at least realize the difference between then and than.

MGRS13
01-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Well, you're entitled to think that I'm dumb but if you're going to mock me, at least realize the difference between then and than.
I just can't believe you didn't make an argument for Huard to be the best WR in the NFL.

unothadeal
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
This year, yes.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
There is no one with better hands or body control...the ball touches him he's gonna get it.

TrickyNicky
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I think it goes:

1. D. Bowe
2. Mark Bradley
3a Larry Fitsjarold
3b Will Franklin

ThaVirus
01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith... Then everybody else is a big step down

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I just can't believe you didn't make an argument for Huard to be the best WR in the NFL.

Blah blah blah.

I challenge anyone to find a post made be me on this site where I called Huard anything more than an average NFL QB.

Good luck.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2009, 02:43 PM

If you replace the word "Angry" with "Stupid", we'd be in total agreement.

And yes, Fitzgerald is the best WR in the NFL by far.

MGRS13
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Blah blah blah.

I challenge anyone to find a post made be me on this site where I called Huard anything more than an average NFL QB.

Good luck.
That you were/are in love with.

Stewie
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
TO is the best, just ask him.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith... Then everybody else is a big step down

I'd take Moss over Smith, I'm not a fan of angry midgets.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
That you were/are in love with.

You're uninformed.

I wanted Huard to start last season (2007) and pave way for Croyle when we started 1-3 and then saw a 7 of 9 game stretch of games at Arrowhead.

I thought that was a great blueprint for success for a young QB (Croyle)...

Well we started 4-3 (2-0 in the West, both road games) and were, IMO, favorites to win the West at that point (2-0 in division ROAD games...in a weak division...)

And then the shit hit the fan, LJ got hurt, Favre Favre'd us at Arrowhead in a game we should have won, and the wheels fell off and then we turned to Croyle and got a glimpse of what was to come this season...

But this whole Huard bullshit that follows me around is legend.

I never said he was a good QB, all I said was he was our best chance to win...at that position. And that was 100% truth.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Why are we talking about Damon Huard?

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Unrequited love

milkman
01-11-2009, 02:54 PM

On talent alone, he (Moss) is one of the best.

But I want no part of that bastard.

ThaVirus
01-11-2009, 02:54 PM

He does have anger issues, but he plays with a fire that not many can match... And when you talk about being dangerous after the catch, he's better than the other two.

Priest31kc
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I think its Fitz and Johnson, but what about Reggie Wayne? No one's mentioned him yet. And the of course you have Moss, Steve Smith, Marshall, Boldin, and then guys like Jennings, Welker, Roddy White, Owens, Santana Moss, even Calvin and D Bowe.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Because there are a band of douche bags that follow me around and belittle me with Huard bullshit...

Huard bullshit that is usually totally untrue...

tk13
01-11-2009, 02:58 PM
If the question is who would I rather have on the Chiefs, then it's definitely Fitzgerald. If you asked me who was the best, it'd probably be Moss. I don't think there's another WR who makes his QB better like Moss does. He pretty much revived both Cunningham and Jeff George's career, made Culpepper an MVP candidate, and definitely helped Cassel get himself a nice paycheck somewhere next year.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
If the question is who would I rather have on the Chiefs, then it's definitely Fitzgerald. If you asked me who was the best, it'd probably be Moss. I don't think there's another WR who makes his QB better like Moss does. He pretty much revived both Cunningham and Jeff George's career, made Culpepper an MVP candidate, and definitely helped Cassel get himself a nice paycheck somewhere next year.

See, this is a great point.

I'd definitely love to have Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald on the Chiefs...Moss is a little too old now...but these three guys are definitely top tier...with Owens taking a step back this year, IMO.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I think its Fitz and Johnson, but what about Reggie Wayne? No one's mentioned him yet. And the of course you have Moss, Steve Smith, Marshall, Boldin, and then guys like Jennings, Welker, Roddy White, Owens, Santana Moss, even Calvin and D Bowe.

No offense or anything but Dwyane Bowe can't even sniff Calvin Johnson right now.

tk13
01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, Calvin Johnson will be in there too. That guy is a freak. Fitzgerald has better hands though.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Calvin Johnson will be in there too. That guy is a freak. Fitzgerald has better hands though.

Oh, yeah...didn't even think about him. He has Randy Moss big play potential...with a better head on his shoulders.

Hopefully that organization straightens out for his sake.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
No offense or anything but Dwyane Bowe can't even sniff Calvin Johnson right now.

Truth.

Bowe needs to work on his hands...I think that's easily fixable and I also think Bowe has the desire to improve, which is a plus.

ThaVirus
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Moss runs a good deep route and is a great candidate for the endzone fade route. I'd give him a 9.5/10 on those things, but about a 3/10 on all the other things that wide receiver's do.

suds79
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Just my personal opinion.

# 1 - Larry Fitzgerald
# 2 - Andre Johnson
# 3 - Steve Smith

and not too far behind ... Calvin Johnson. I think he has the tools to be the best in a year or two.

Too bad he plays for a sh!t team.

tk13
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Moss runs a good deep route and is a great candidate for the endzone fade route. I'd give him a 9.5/10 on those things, but about a 3/10 on all the other things that wide receiver's do.
9.5 is pretty leniant. I'd give him a 12. He may be the best deep threat WR in the history of the NFL.

Mr. Laz
01-11-2009, 03:20 PM
so hard to judge.....

best body control
best hands
not the best speed
not the quickest

some could say he wouldn't have to make all those outstanding catches if he was faster.

he's definitely one of the best

keg in kc
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
No offense or anything but Dwyane Bowe can't even sniff Calvin Johnson right now.I'm a little curious to see what he'd do with a real QB behind center, but he may never get that chance. Kind of amazing that he's basically a 1000-yard receiver twice now, despite getting passes from Croyle, Huard and Thigpen, and with no outside threat opposite him.

Year 3 should be interesting.

Mr. Laz
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm a little curious to see what he'd do with a real QB behind center, but he may never get that chance. Kind of amazing that he's basically a 1000-yard receiver twice now, despite getting passes from Croyle, Huard and Thigpen, and with no outside threat opposite him.

gonzo helps, but you're right.

Fruit Ninja
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Just by raw talent I would say Moss is better. Unfortunately Moss's character issues reduces his stock quite a bit so I'd take LF for sure.

His attitude should not matter. HE's asking about the WR, not the person.

I think Fitz is probably the best right now though. He can do it all.

Mr. Laz
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
His attitude should not matter. HE's asking about the WR, not the person.

I think Fitz is probably the best right now though. He can do it all.
attitude doesn't matter UNLESS that attitude effects his play on the field .... which it does for Moss.

when your attitude makes you "play when you want, not play when you want" if effects your WR rating imo

keg in kc
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
gonzo helps, but you're right.Yeah, gonzo definitely does help. The lack of a running game has to hurt, too, although they were markedly better this year than last. He and Gonzo are the only real offensive threats, although I like the looks of Charles.

keg in kc
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
attitude doesn't matter UNLESS that attitude effects his play on the field .... which it does for Moss.

when your attitude makes you "play when you want, not play when you want" if effects your WR rating imoI wonder how much of an issue that's been with Moss since arriving in New England.

Just imagine a guy with his talent and Jerry Rice's work ethic...

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Blow me, dude.

Nothing angry about it.

He's the best, and you're calling me angry for agreeing with you...

It's really not even close, IMO.

KCCHIEFS27
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Nothing angry about it.

Not close? Calvin Johnson is incredible on a horrendous team, with no stable QB. The guy is 6'5 230+ and only in his second year. How he didn't get in to the Pro Bowl is beyond me. I'd say give me Calvin Johnson with Fitzgerald a close second.

Molitoth
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I almost posted this exact thread earlier.

Yes hands down Fitz is the best in todays NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
It's not really an either/or question. Randy Moss makes it more complex than that. If you put Randy Moss with a very good to great QB, he's the best WR in the league bar none. No one changes a game from the outside like Randy Moss. He makes it easier for everyone on offense.

If you don't have a great QB though, I would take Fitzgerald. And Owens doesn't belong anywhere near this discussion anymore. He has lost several steps.

Pestilence
01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Randy Moss
3. Andre Johnson
4. Steve Smith
5. Calvin Johnson

rad
01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Definitely.

I'd like to see what Braylon could do with a talented QB. Even with DA behind center, more than a few times I was like "wow". I guess you'd call him a poor mans Larry.

OnTheWarpath58
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Definitely.

I'd like to see what Braylon could do with a talented QB. Even with DA behind center, more than a few times I was like "wow". I guess you'd call him a poor mans Larry.

Braylon has the talent, I'm not sure he has the head.

He seems to lack focus in catching the ball, and lacks discipline in his route running.

If he ever decided to bear down and work as hard as the other top guys, he'd be a top guy, IMO.

rad
01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
He has potential, I guess that's what I was gettin' at.

kobebehar
01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
There was a fascinating interview on KFAN 1440 AM in Minneapolis.

Michelle Tafoya was interviewing Chris Carter, and Chris talked about how he has worked with Fitzgerald and sort of taken him under his wing.

Once I heard that, I could absolutely see it in his game, body control, yes. But mostly the way fitzgerald never fucking ever drops a catchable ball, his mental focus is second to none.

THAT is why he's the best, even over the physical freaks that are more impressive like TO, CalJohn and Boldin.

MTG#10
01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Moss has better big play potential but I don't think he has better hands, I don't think he runs better routes, and he most certainly isn't as dedicated to the 'little' things...

But yeah, arguments can easily be made for Fitz, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss...maybe Terrell Owens as well. Those have to be the elite four...and no one else really comes close to their tier.

TO isnt even close to the caliber of player as Fitz, 'Dre, and Moss.

To answer the question though, yes I think Fitz is the best WR, followed closely by Andre Johnson. I cant even put Moss up there with them two because of his work ethic.

Rain Man
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
The thing that's amazing about Fitzgerald is that he's been making plays while in well-played double coverage. When you have a guy who consistently draws double coverage, that puts the rest of your offense in a 10 on 9 situation. When you have a guy who can still make plays against the two guys covering him, that changes the equation even more.

I'm not sure if he's better than a motivated Randy Moss, but Randy Moss isn't motivated 16 games a year. For the sake of the game, it's a shame that Moss doesn't have a good work ethic.

Valiant
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm a little curious to see what he'd do with a real QB behind center, but he may never get that chance. Kind of amazing that he's basically a 1000-yard receiver twice now, despite getting passes from Croyle, Huard and Thigpen, and with no outside threat opposite him.

See I was thinking.. What he would do if he would not drop so many fucking easy balls or onside kicks..

Ebolapox
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
It's not really an either/or question. Randy Moss makes it more complex than that. If you put Randy Moss with a very good to great QB, he's the best WR in the league bar none. No one changes a game from the outside like Randy Moss. He makes it easier for everyone on offense.

If you don't have a great QB though, I would take Fitzgerald. And Owens doesn't belong anywhere near this discussion anymore. He has lost several steps.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=84270&stc=1&d=1231139278

RUSH
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Tough question. Johnson or Fitz hmmmmm. I would have to go with Fitz by a very small margin.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
LaFitz is the modern day Lynn Swann

EyePod
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM

You forgot Steve Smith. He punches people and it brings his teams together. And you have to say that he's better because of his lack of height. But right now, it's Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Steve Smith in my book.

Iowanian
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
No one else is even in his league for ability nor effort.

Dbowe should go spend the summer with #11 and a Jugs machine.

EyePod
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
See I was thinking.. What he would do if he would not drop so many ****ing easy balls or onside kicks..

He fumbled that onside kick. Also, his drops are iffy. Look who was throwing to him. I think he makes up for it easily. He's not even our number 1 threat, and he got the millennium mark.

Iowanian
01-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Moss has big play ability, but he loses ground quickly for the plays he takes off, his lack of downfield blocking and his effort.

Andre Johnson is the closest contender...he's pretty damn awsome too.

Mecca
01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
He fumbled that onside kick. Also, his drops are iffy. Look who was throwing to him. I think he makes up for it easily. He's not even our number 1 threat, and he got the millennium mark.

You do understand what Calvin Johnson is doing on an even worse team yes?

DJ's left nut
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Fitz doesn't get quite enough separation for me to be able to call him the absolute best, at least without question. Many of those body control catches area result of guys hanging all over him b/c he wasn't able to separate.

I like Andre Johnson just a little more, but Fitz isn't far behind at all.

Rigodan
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I can't argue with Fitzgerald as the best but I think Steve Smith is right there with him. It seems like the guy has had 2 or 3 absolutely insane catches this year in the 4th quater that were pivotal to his team winning that game. All around Fitzgerald is probably the best but I'm in awe of Smith's playmaking ability

KCCHIEFS27
01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Fitzgerald and Johnson have receivers across from them(Boldin/Breaston for the Cards and Walter/Daniels for the Texans) to take away some of the coverage. Smith only has Muhammad, but he was near the 1000 yard mark, plus he's paired with one hell of a running game. Now, Calvin Johnson has NOBODY to draw coverage away from him. A Delhomme,Warner or Schaub sounds a whole lot better than a Orlovsky/Stanton/Culpepper combo.

BWillie
01-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Fitzgerald and Johnson have receivers across from them(Boldin/Breaston for the Cards and Walter/Daniels for the Texans) to take away some of the coverage. Smith only has Muhammad, but he was near the 1000 yard mark, plus he's paired with one hell of a running game. Now, Calvin Johnson has NOBODY to draw coverage away from him. A Delhomme,Warner or Schaub sounds a whole lot better than a Orlovsky/Stanton/Culpepper combo.

Somebody has to catch the ball for Detroit. And you pretty much have to throw all the damn time if you lose sixteen games in a row. Calvin Johnson may end up being in the same category as Fitzgerald, Moss and co, but not right now. If you go 0-16 you deserve what you get.

rashid242
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
9.5 is pretty leniant. I'd give him a 12. He may be the best deep threat WR in the history of the NFL.

I can't find the quote from the article this year from Lito Sheppard of the Eagles.

Lito said you can debate who is the best but in his & some of the fellow db's around say Randy Moss is the most feared in the NFL.

He said "It's kind of like when Barry Sanders played. He's the guy that can embarrass you the most. Either by just running by a corner & outjumping a safety or just outrunning the corner & safety all together in a Cover 2."

I will never forget that quote. The best complement you can ever get.

As the poster said before. He's not just a deep threat. He's the best deep threat in the HISTORY of th NFL hands down.

RedThat
01-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Nothing angry about it.

No offense to you, but youre just acting like a dick.

He asked a really simple and good question and you make him seem like a dumbass for it.

That wasn't a stupid question btw...Its really a tough call between guys like him and Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson and others.

Joe Seahawk
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I think so.. Boldin is no slouch either.. :doh!:

KCCHIEFS27
01-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Somebody has to catch the ball for Detroit. And you pretty much have to throw all the damn time if you lose sixteen games in a row. Calvin Johnson may end up being in the same category as Fitzgerald, Moss and co, but not right now. If you go 0-16 you deserve what you get.

You're right. Somebody does have to catch the ball. Which makes it even more amazing, considering he gets double/triple teamed almost 90% of the time. And what does losing 16 games have to do with passing all the time? It's not like the Lions go in to every game down by 2 touchdowns. If Detroit had any sort of defense, they would have won just as many games as the Chiefs this year. No matter the record, a great player still deserves the recognition. Not only Calvin, but the rookie Kevin Smith had a fantastic year too. The Lions should be decent next year.

Stryker
01-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Yes, hands down. Ward for the Steelers is a close second.

Rausch
01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
I think he would be now but not based on his physical gifts, which I think are far below a TO or Mandy Ross.

Nein, he's amazing at what matters.

He catches the fucking football. ALWAYS. Single or double covered. Zone or man. He comes down with the ball...

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Yes, hands down. Ward for the Steelers is a close second.

:spock:

I like hines ward, but he's MAYBE some part in the second half of the top ten. I guess, if forced, I'd put it something like this:

1) andre johnson
2) larry fitzgerald
3) randy moss
4) steve smith
5) terrell owens
6) anquan boldin
7) charles johnson
8) reggie wayne
9) torry holt
10) hines ward (although the homer in me wants to put bowe here)

Rausch
01-12-2009, 07:11 AM

I like hines ward, but he's MAYBE some part in the second half of the top ten. I guess, if forced, I'd put it something like this:

1) andre johnson
2) larry fitzgerald
3) randy moss
4) steve smith
5) terrell owens
6) anquan boldin
7) charles johnson
8) reggie wayne
9) torry holt

Moss doesn't belong in the top 10.

If we're talking physical gifts, talent, sure. But everyone else on that list blocks, catches, and cares...

Chief Roundup
01-12-2009, 08:02 AM

1) andre johnson
2) larry fitzgerald
3) randy moss
4) steve smith
5) terrell owens
6) anquan boldin
7) charles johnson
8) reggie wayne
9) torry holt

Uh who the hell is Charles Johnson.....Do you mean Calvin Johnson up in Detroit?

Chief Faithful
01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Hines Ward
5. Steve Smith

Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are a cut above the rest right at this time. What Fitzgerald is doing in the playoffs is remarkable. Calvin Johnson had an amazing year considering the offense he played on so he may become the league's best in the next two years. Nobody brings more intangables to the WR position than Hines Ward. Steve Smith is a big playmaker, but such a head case I'm not sure he belongs on the top 5.

The way he is developing I expect to see DBowe in the top 5 in two years.

Dayze
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
where the hell is Sammy Parker & Freddia Mitchell?

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Uh who the hell is Charles Johnson.....Do you mean Calvin Johnson up in Detroit?

no. I mean the retired WR who played with the eagles and steelers.

ha. no, it was calvin. whoops, thank you.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Moss doesn't belong in the top 10.

If we're talking physical gifts, talent, sure. But everyone else on that list blocks, catches, and cares...

the dude will go down as one of the best WR of alltime. if tom brady gets healed up and they have a few more great years of production, he MAY go down as GOAT. as such, blocking/caring aside, he HAS to be on the list.

Demonpenz
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
When playing hard I never seen anyone dominate games like randy moss. No doubt hall of famer.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2009, 01:03 PM

1) andre johnson
2) larry fitzgerald
3) randy moss
4) steve smith
5) terrell owens
6) anquan boldin
7) charles johnson
8) reggie wayne
9) torry holt

Housh?

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Housh?

fuck, I left chad johnson off as well.

there are a LOT of good WRs in the league.

rashid242
01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
the dude will go down as one of the best WR of alltime. if tom brady gets healed up and they have a few more great years of production, he MAY go down as GOAT. as such, blocking/caring aside, he HAS to be on the list.

When it's all said & done he will go down as the 2nd best of all time. Hell he may be that now.

kysirsoze
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM

1) andre johnson
2) larry fitzgerald
3) randy moss
4) steve smith
5) terrell owens
6) anquan boldin
7) charles johnson
8) reggie wayne
9) torry holt

Sorry but Holt is officially off this list. Even last year this might have made sense. Bowe DOES belong on here before him. Also, is that calvin or chad johnson that you meant instead of charles:)

kysirsoze
01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
no. I mean the retired WR who played with the eagles and steelers.

ha. no, it was calvin. whoops, thank you.

Withdrawn

noa
01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Probably a bump worthy thread considering the game he is having today.

SNR
01-18-2009, 02:29 PM
3 TDs in a postseason game

Yes.

RUSH
01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Has anyone ever seen him drop a pass? I have watched him quite a bit and I have never seen it happen.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Question: the Cardinals run an explosive offense with two relatively slow wide receivers. Neither Boldin or Fitzgerald can be classified as receivers in the mold of Holt or Moss.

With that knowledge, do the Chiefs really NEED a speed receiver to complement Bowe? Could Crabtree and Bowe be the next Boldin/Fitz?

The Bad Guy
01-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not going to lie, Crabtree is very tempting at 3. The guy has great hands, an NFL build.

I think if Todd Haley did come here, Crabtree would be a very attractive option.

DJ's left nut
01-18-2009, 03:36 PM
The way he is developing I expect to see DBowe in the top 5 in two years.

Just out of curiosity, how has bowe 'developed'?

He's not an ounce better than he was when he came into the league.

I expect Bowe to remain a 15-25 guy depending on the year. A nice WR that we'll hopefully let go when his rookie K comes up (ala Deion Branch) rather than overpay.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Just out of curiosity, how has bowe 'developed'?

He's not an ounce better than he was when he came into the league.

I expect Bowe to remain a 15-25 guy depending on the year. A nice WR that we'll hopefully let go when his rookie K comes up (ala Deion Branch) rather than overpay.

WTF?

Bowe hasn't even had the opportunity to play with a good quarterback.

Valiant
01-18-2009, 04:02 PM
WTF?

This is true.. But what is the reason why Bowe drops 20+ balls/fumbles a year???

DJ's left nut
01-18-2009, 04:04 PM
WTF?

Is Bowe better than he was as a rookie?

Blame it on the QB if you'd like, I blame it on his attitude. The fact remains that he's not a shred better than he was the first day he stepped on the field. If anything, he regressed this year (statistics from a gimmick offense be damned).

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM

I will agree with this.

Darth CarlSatan
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM

This.

And is he the best?
We're gonna' find out sooner rather than later because he's going up against the ONE GUY who can possibly put the breaks on his game.

And Fitz gotta' do it for 4-Straight.

This is going to be awesome bordering on legendary.

KCwolf
01-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Andre Johnson > Fitz. For Now.

Darth CarlSatan
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM

Ocho-Cinco, BITCHES! :doh!:

Where you been hidin' out?

thurman merman
01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Has anyone ever seen him drop a pass? I have watched him quite a bit and I have never seen it happen.

i never have.

man, he is awesome.

buddha
01-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Fitz
Andre Johnson
Bolden

Randy Moss would be in the discussion at an earlier age, but dude is on the back side of the production hill. Moss in his prime was unstoppable, but that was then...

Fitz has the entire package.

kysirsoze
01-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Question: the Cardinals run an explosive offense with two relatively slow wide receivers. Neither Boldin or Fitzgerald can be classified as receivers in the mold of Holt or Moss.

With that knowledge, do the Chiefs really NEED a speed receiver to complement Bowe? Could Crabtree and Bowe be the next Boldin/Fitz?

THIS!!!!

I would cream in my jeans if we had Crabtree/Bowe as our tandem.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Yep, the guy is a freak. Man amongst boys.

EyePod
01-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I think he would be now but not based on his physical gifts, which I think are far below a TO or Mandy Ross.

Nein, he's amazing at what matters.

He catches the ****ing football. ALWAYS. Single or double covered. Zone or man. He comes down with the ball...

The scary thing is that he's gotten better after the catch. Last year, he was at 3.0 yards after the catch. He worked on it this offseason and is up to 4.8. He is the model NFL player.

Stewie
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
It's not so much his skill, but his desire. The guy fights for every yard. I would definitely want him on my team.

Ecto-I
01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Larry Fitzgerald > Limas Sweed

Ok, yes I know this is obvious, but seriously, how about those hands (or lack thereof)?

DrRyan
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
1a. Larry Fitzgerald
1b. Andre Johnson
3. Steve Smith
4. Calvin Johnson(could be pushing LF and Johnson for that top spot very soon)
5. Randy Moss

DrRyan
01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
THIS!!!!

I would cream in my jeans if we had Crabtree/Bowe as our tandem.

The only problem is Bowe/Crabtree would be a little redundant. Two primarily possession receivers. The Chiefs won't go WR in the first round, but if they did, I would prefer a Bowe/Maclin combo. Maclin's ability to stretch the field would IMO do more for Bowe than Crabtree would.

Not gonna happen, but fun to think about. Way too many problems to be going Matt Millen in the first round.

thurman merman
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Larry Fitzgerald > Limas Sweed

Ok, yes I know this is obvious, but seriously, how about those hands (or lack thereof)?

but limas sweed throws a heck of a block.

-King-
02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
After today...Yes.

Kanesville
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Definitely.

Saul Good
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
The only problem is Bowe/Crabtree would be a little redundant. Two primarily possession receivers. The Chiefs won't go WR in the first round, but if they did, I would prefer a Bowe/Maclin combo. Maclin's ability to stretch the field would IMO do more for Bowe than Crabtree would.

Not gonna happen, but fun to think about. Way too many problems to be going Matt Millen in the first round.
Redundancy is actually the better way to go. Either having two speed guys or two over the middle guys actually creates more mismatches. Most teams don't have 2 corners who can really stay with burners or 2 that can match up physically with the big receivers.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/30xitxe.jpg

You're still Fitzgodlike to me, Larry.

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/30xitxe.jpg

You're still Fitzgodlike to me, Larry.

ROFL Fitz IS great. Now, where are the "bring Warner to KC" fucktards hiding out? Time to administer some righteous "You Suck".

Frazod
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I'd take this guy over anybody, ever. Even Jerry Rice in his prime.

Skip Towne
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I'd rather have Santonio Holmes.

Frazod
02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Holmes catches the balls he should catch. Mostly.

Fitzgerald catches everything.

Plus, Holmes is a fucking punk.

thurman merman
02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
fitzgerald is going to be the greatest of all time if he keeps this up.

Sure-Oz
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Fitz has been underrated for years...he is the BEST imo

Bowser
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Best. Receiver. Evah. This year.

kysirsoze
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Whoa whoa whoa... let's not freak out. Rice is still the best. That said, that one catch on the fade route in the endzone, Rice wouldn't have made it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I don't know about that. Jerry Rice caught 22 fucking touchdowns in 12 games. He still holds the Super Bowl record for yardage gained in a single game in an era where the rules weren't nearly as open as they are now.

Frazod
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't know about that. Jerry Rice caught 22 fucking touchdowns in 12 games. He still holds the Super Bowl record for yardage gained in a single game in an era where the rules weren't nearly as open as they are now.

I like Warner, but he's no Montana. Or Young.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2009, 11:57 PM
I like Warner, but he's no Montana. Or Young.

Hell, Rice was still getting it done in his late 30's with Rich Gannon. The guy is not only the best WR of all time, he's probably better at his position than anyone has ever been at any position, in history.

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Just imagine if Jerry Rice had Tyler Thigpen.

Ebolapox
02-02-2009, 12:04 AM
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

use much hyperbole?

cdcox
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Hell, Rice was still getting it done in his late 30's with Rich Gannon. The guy is not only the best WR of all time, he's probably better at his position than anyone has ever been at any position, in history.

Rice, MJ, Tiger, Lance, and Wayne are the best I've ever seen.

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Rice, MJ, Tiger, Lance, and Wayne are the best I've ever seen.

Reggie Wayne?

cdcox
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Reggie Wayne?

Gretzky.

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Gretzky.

I figured it out after I posted.

Douche Baggins
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Sooooooooooooooo...........

Is Haley going to try and replicate his success in Arizona?

Saccopoo
02-06-2009, 12:27 AM
You know, thinking about it, Crabtree wouldn't be a half-bad addition. He's most likely the best overall talent in the '09 draft, and would make a great one-two downfield combo with Bowe. The new Fitzgerald/Bouldin for the new decade. Rice/Taylor perhaps? Something such as this.

Pick up Cassel from New England and we would be literally set offensively for the next ten years. The only team in the AFC that has the potential of nullifying this receiver tandem would be the Broncos, and they are going to struggle with the new coaching change.

SPchief
02-06-2009, 02:21 AM
You know, thinking about it, Crabtree wouldn't be a half-bad addition. He's most likely the best overall talent in the '09 draft, and would make a great one-two downfield combo with Bowe. The new Fitzgerald/Bouldin for the new decade. Rice/Taylor perhaps? Something such as this.

Pick up Cassel from New England and we would be literally set offensively for the next ten years. The only team in the AFC that has the potential of nullifying this receiver tandem would be the Broncos, and they are going to struggle with the new coaching change.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 02:23 AM
This Michael Crabtree shit is out of hand.

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 02:24 AM

That is fucking stupid.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 02:26 AM
If Michael Crabtree had gone to college at FSU no one here would want him...