PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gibbs Interviewing in Houston

Woodrow Call
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6207400.html

Texans interview David Gibbs for DB coaching job
By JOHN MCCLAIN

David Gibbs, who has been Kansas City's defensive backs coach the last three years and is the son of Texans assistant head coach/offense Alex Gibbs, interviewed today for the vacant secondary position.

Gibbs, 40, began his NFL career in 2001 at Denver, where he coached the defensive backs for four seasons. Gibbs, who received permission from Chiefs coach Herm Edwards to interview for the job, was the defensive coordinator at Auburn and the University of Minnesota. He also was an assistant a three Big 12 schools -- Colorado, Oklahoma and Kansas.

Coach Gary Kubiak is looking for a replacement for Jon Hoke, who was fired after the season with defensive coordinator Richard Smith and defensive line coach Jethro Franklin.

booger
01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Only coach on D i wouldn't want to lose

dirk digler
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
why would Herm let Gibbs interview for a lateral position? :hmmm:

BigVE
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Odds are he was going to be out of a job soon anyways. Good luck Gibbs.

booger
01-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I guess Gun wants it to be just him and Krumrie. That's his excuse this year.

Gun DC/LB/DB's
Krumrie DL

No more Consultants like John Bunting either. Gunther can do it all, just ask him.

FringeNC
01-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Wouldn't be Herm's decision to make.

DaFace
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I guess Gun wants it to be just him and Krumrie. That's his excuse this year.

Gun DC/LB/DB's
Krumrie DL

No more Consultants like John Bunting either. Gunther can do it all, just ask him.

I would almost be more irritated if Gun is here next year than I would be if Herm is here. Almost.

KcMizzou
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
why would Herm let Gibbs interview for a lateral position? :hmmm:Sorta lends credence to the reports that Herm's staff has been given the go-ahead to look for other employment.

JASONSAUTO
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Sorta lends credence to the reports that Herm's staff has been given the go-ahead to look for other employment.

EXACTLY what i was thinking

booger
01-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I would almost be more irritated if Gun is here next year than I would be if Herm is here. Almost.

Gun is such a poop face.

On blob gretzs site earlier in the season he mentioned how Gun was chatting with Clark's wife and Mother about how this was his best year coaching because of all the teaching he is doing. Talking with them about how it was like nurturing children and both the Hunt women agreed. This is all gun telling the story to bob so i'm sure it was much more of a kiss up to them so he still has a job type of situation.

booger
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM

The more that find jobs, lateral moves or not, the better in Hunt's eyes. The less coaches he has to fire, the less salarys for next season he has to pick up if they don't find work.

dirk digler
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Sorta lends credence to the reports that Herm's staff has been given the go-ahead to look for other employment.

That is what I am thinking as well.

No reason to allow him to move laterally especially because he has 1-year left on his contract unless they are all out of jobs

FringeNC
01-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Doesn't this almost ensure Herm is not coming back.

KcMizzou
01-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Doesn't this almost ensure Herm is not coming back.I don't know about "ensure" but it's a pretty strong sign, IMO.

booger
01-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Gailey, Gibbs, Price, and Jon Embree are the top coaches i wouldn't want to lose if possible. assuming they would fit with the new coach/philosophy.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Doesn't this almost ensure Herm is not coming back.

Its almost laughable that anyone ever thought he was coming back.

KcMizzou
01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Its almost laughable that anyone ever thought he was coming back.You'd think so.

We're conditioned to expect the worst. ;)

SNR
01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't really care about any of these coaches, but I liked Gibbs. The Texans are going to be a good team next year.

Mr. Laz
01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
i thought the benefit of keeping Herm around for awhile was that were would be able to keep some of the coaches we still wanted.

:shake:

watch ...... we let gailey,gibbs and price go and then keep herm,curl and goonther. :banghead:

EyePod
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM

I would. At least Herm blew up the team. Gun just sucks the big one whether there's older or younger players on the team.

MahiMike
01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
So why aren't they all out looking? Makes you worry, don't it?

old_geezer
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
So why aren't they all out looking? Makes you worry, don't it?

Who would want to hire our coaches (except Herm)? They have probably been frantically searching already.

edit: Gibbs, Gailey,and Price are the only ones I'd worry about losing and if they take Herm with them I'm good with that.

siberian khatru
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
watch ...... we let gailey,gibbs and price go and then keep herm,curl and goonther. :banghead:

Hahahaha ... that would be SO us.

Marcellus
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Gibbs is one of the few who will get another job. Gunther may end up an assistant to the ball boy somewhere.

KcMizzou
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
So why aren't they all out looking? Makes you worry, don't it?Not too much.

Maybe they are, and only certain ones are getting consideration.

OnTheWarpath58
01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Not too much.

Maybe they are, and only certain ones are getting consideration.

Exactly.

There aren't a lot of guys that warrant a look on this staff...

Gibbs is one of the few.

Nero's Neptune
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't really care about any of these coaches, but I liked Gibbs. The Texans are going to be a good team next year.

Herm is probably pissed because he wanted that job...sorry Herm, even if you both applied, I bet they still would hire Gibbs...and I'm serious about that.