View Full Version : Football Raiders interview Moss

Over-Head
01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Sorry if re-post

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/11/SPER157L1L.DTL

Raiders to talk to Packers coach

David White, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, January 12, 2009

11) 21:27 PST -- Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss is expected to interview for the Raiders' head coaching job Monday, a team source said on the condition of anonymity.

<HR>
He would become the third person to interview for the vacancy, and the first minority, following Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and Raiders interim coach Tom Cable.

Moss, who coaches the Packers' linebackers, is also a candidate for the defensive coordinator job. Moss played linebacker for the Raiders from 1991-94. He interviewed for the Rams' head coaching vacancy last week.
Raiders linebackers coach Don Martindale continues to be considered the leading in-house candidate for the defensive coordinator post held by Rob Ryan the past five seasons.

Raiders owner Al Davis hasn't made a defensive coach his head coach since John Madden more than 20 years ago. Like Martindale and Moss, Madden was a linebackers coach before Davis made him a first-time NFL head coach.

The Raiders have not scheduled an interview with Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, though owner Al Davis has mentioned him as a potential head coach to several team employees in recent weeks.

Harbaugh interviewed with the Jets last week and also spoke with the Lions about their head coach opening.

<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>sfgate_get_fprefs();</SCRIPT><!--/articlecontent -->

BryanBusby
01-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Al Davis probably thinks he will be interviewing Randy Moss.

Over-Head
01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
We couldn't get lucky enough to have him twice :banghead:

beach tribe
01-12-2009, 10:29 PM
We couldn't get lucky enough to have him twice :banghead:

Nah, I don't think Moss is interested in flushing any more seasons.

I'll never forget the guy from the Raiders saying that Moss wasn't the same guy, and they were lucky they got what they could for him. Then he catches 22 TDs the next season.ROFL

Skip Towne
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Damn. Even more "new blood" for the Fade. They should go to the SB every year.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
wait--if they were gonna be the first team to ever have a female coach, why the fuck would they pick rhonda moss?

unothadeal
01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Ban this ***hole. Making us think they were interviewing Randy Moss. You think people would learn.
:p

el borracho
01-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Hold on a second; what do they mean "Don Martindale continues to be considered the leading in-house candidate for the defensive coordinator post held by Rob Ryan the past five seasons". Is Ryan gone somewhere? Wasn't Kiffin fired for trying to fire Ryan and now Ryan is gone 1/2 season later? Is this correct or am I missing something?

Al Bundy
01-13-2009, 07:32 AM
God I would hate to see a former Buccaneer be the head coach of that ****hole of a team.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 08:06 AM

That's what I thought when I read this thread title. It confused me, because you don't really interview players....

rtmike
01-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Hold on a second; what do they mean "Don Martindale continues to be considered the leading in-house candidate for the defensive coordinator post held by Rob Ryan the past five seasons". Is Ryan gone somewhere? Wasn't Kiffin fired for trying to fire Ryan and now Ryan is gone 1/2 season later? Is this correct or am I missing something?

Supposedly Ryan is on his way to the Browns. This is like "silly season" in NASCAR.