PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PIOLI SIGNED!!!!! Per ESPN

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BigRedChief
01-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry. I thought it was regarding the GM search and that the Herm stuff was new as of today. My bad.
It's new info as i've never said that publically. It's all been private. Just so you don't think I'm BS'ing.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid; cellpadding: 0px; cellspacing: 0px">01-04-2009, 11:07 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid; cellpadding: 0px; cellspacing: 0px" align=right></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 0px solid" width=175><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT>Poster edited

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_ style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->Re: Herm
<HR style="COLOR: #cccccc" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by poster edited
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Not gonna post this but its from my source.......

Herm has been told "officially" by the Chiefs that he will not be the coach next year.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

Why not post it?

You're source has always been dead-on. Might rally the troops around here, so to speak.

Regardless, good news. Thanks for sharing.</I>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></I>
Take too much crap from everyone if the source is wrong. Just a matter of time till they get one wrong.

You can tell poster edited.if you want too.

I understand.

And I'll keep it to myself.

Donger
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
This makes me feel like I'm ensconced in a Snuggie, but without the Snuggie:

"Scott Pioli (born March 31, 1965 in Washingtonville, New York) is a professional American football executive, currently serving as the General Manager for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League."

JuicesFlowing
:bravo: Well done, Clark Hunt. I'm starting to feel like this team has a future after all.

KCChiefsFan88
I will personally drive to 1 Arrowhead Drive and pack Herm's office for him.

kysirsoze
Yeah. It was all "poor Patriots... their staff keeps getting picked over by other teams" bullshit. Then they showed a table that explained the only team to lose more games the past years than us was the Rams.

Nothing about the kind of job Pioli will do in KC or anything. :grr:

I knew it. The NFL Live crew are a bunch of assholes. I can't believe that's the best ESPN can do for the most popular sport in America.

Fritz88
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Im So ****ing Happy It Hurts

DaWolf
01-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Dunno if this has been posted here, but Glazer is reporting it's almost a done deal but the contract hasn't been finalized yet:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9074136/Sources:-Pioli-close-to-landing-Chiefs'-GM-job

The end of the Bill Belichick-Scott-Pioli era is near.

New England VP of Player Personnel Scot Pioli is very close to being hired as Kansas City's new general manager and head of football operations, Chiefs officials told FOXSports.com Tuesday.

Details are still being worked out and finalized, but no holdups are expected at this point in negotiations and a deal should be completed shortly.

With the hiring of Pioli, it is presumed by many around the league that he will not retain current Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards. although no decision has been finalized or voiced to Edwards at this point.

While Pioli has been linked in rumors to University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, that option is far from a slam dunk.

The Pioli-Belichick partnership has produced a modern-day dynasty in the NFL, with the Patriots reaching four Suuper Bowls in eight seasons (three titles), winning six AFC East division titles and seven 10-win seasons.

SenselessChiefsFan
Kill yourself/

Forgive me, but I just don't like to get my hopes up. I guess one too many 13-3 seasons and flaming out.

I am not against it. In fact, I HOPE he comes because I think the guy from Tampa would have kept Herm.

I am thrilled. And Spags is another great piece of news. I just get tired of the build up to only be let down.

"Insiders" gets stuff wrong all the time. But, the longer this goes on, the more I believe it. The more sources to corroborate the news gives me a better feeling.

RealSNR
I knew it. The NFL Live crew are a bunch of assholes. I can't believe that's the best ESPN can do for the most popular sport in America.I should have expected as much. This is big news for US and because there's a Patriots' dick to sick in the corner of the room, they jump on it and take turns sucking the cum out. :cuss:

Warrior5
Okay gang now its time to hire shannahan. :D

I put the nuthooks away a few minutes ago, but I can just as easily get them back out.

Warrior5
01-13-2009, 03:23 PM
OMG. If we get Spags too!!!!

I'll bust my diet to celebrate if this happens.

DT58HOF
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
SHANAHAN
BRING IN THE RAT!!

Dave Lane
Soren Petro announces that he has spoken to the Chiefs and it is a done deal!!!!!!

unothadeal
I wonder if his first player personnel move is going to be to fire Bernard Pollard.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Dunno if this has been posted here, but Glazer is reporting it's almost a done deal but the contract hasn't been finalized yet:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9074136/Sources:-Pioli-close-to-landing-Chiefs'-GM-job

The end of the Bill Belichick-Scott-Pioli era is near.

New England VP of Player Personnel Scot Pioli is very close to being hired as Kansas City's new general manager and head of football operations, Chiefs officials told FOXSports.com Tuesday.

Details are still being worked out and finalized, but no holdups are expected at this point in negotiations and a deal should be completed shortly.

With the hiring of Pioli, it is presumed by many around the league that he will not retain current Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards. although no decision has been finalized or voiced to Edwards at this point.

While Pioli has been linked in rumors to University of Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, that option is far from a slam dunk.

The Pioli-Belichick partnership has produced a modern-day dynasty in the NFL, with the Patriots reaching four Suuper Bowls in eight seasons (three titles), winning six AFC East division titles and seven 10-win seasons.

I wonder what could kill the deal at this point? No... I want THAT parking spot.

Clark: Sorry, that is my spot.

Pioli: Fine... I am not coming.

Clark: Fine, I wanted to keep Herm anyways.

Clark to Personal assistant: Get that Dominoes delivery guy that said he would keep Herm if we let him have the job.

Bootlegged
Steve Mariucci to be named HC.

Lzen
There once was a guy named Herm
Who was a severe waste of sperm
Pioli was hired
And we all admired
The way the Herm was Termed

Nice. ROFL You channeling FAX?

Lzen
WPI exclusive in one hour!

Only for premium members, though.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I want a camera in front of Bob Gretz right now.

The liberation of the Chiefs franchise by Pioli means that Baghdad Bob Gretz is going to be sent in exile to Guam.

SenselessChiefsFan
I wonder if his first player personnel move is going to be to fire Bernard Pollard.

This is ridiculous. Pollard may not be a starting safety, but he will be on the team. He is a great situational player if nothing else.

FringeNC

The liberation of the Chiefs franchise by Pioli means that Baghdad Bob Gretz is going to be sent in exile to Guam.

or Miami.

unothadeal
01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
This is ridiculous. Pollard may not be a starting safety, but he will be on the team. He is a great situational player if nothing else.

I was referring to him killing Brady's career.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Waive your hands in the air and waive them as if there are no repercussions for your actions.

LMAO

This is my favorite part:

"Pioli was seen packing up his office Tuesday afternoon, a Patriots source said. "

NICE!! Does he get Carl's completely leather office? I forget who had the great post about all the leather involved with CP, but anyways, I hope Pioli loves leather!

Fuck No. We brick that piece of shit up permanently, and hire a Priest to come exercise the motherfucker before we even let Pioli on the grounds.

The RAT Shall...NOT...PASS!

now ....... c'mon, isn't everyone just a little bit proud for once?

i mean all those other teams tried to get Pioli and he told them "you suck"

but us ....... we finally rate!!!!!!!!!11 PBJ PBJ

This, from the Last Post in the Pioli Watch Thread:

"The Best In The Business That Money Can Buy".

Let's repeat that one more time:

"The Best In The Business That Money Can Buy".

This is the first time(Joe Montana excepted), since the Chiefs came to Kansas City, that you can apply this phrase to ANY aspect of personnel as it relates to this franchise.

No, you say?

Wrong. All of our performers who were/are great, became that way during their time as Chiefs or Chiefs personnel. And I'm not counting cast-offs like Law, or residents of the Arrowhead Assisted Living Center like Moon.

'Tis a new day, and I believe it is QUITE safe to say:

"Clark Hunt Want's To Win".

Good show young man, good show.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll bust my diet to celebrate if this happens.

Damn straight! We have our Eisenhower in Pioli and now we need Gen. Patton in Spags!!!

I hope Spags will have the opportunity to be living out my Sig Avatar here in KC. I don't want some average college football coach just cause he is a buddy.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
This also means that the "Pioli Watch" thread is finally done!

Thank God

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
It's official Blob Gretz confirms

It’s Pioli! (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/its-pioli.html)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top" align="left"><th>January 13, 2009 - Bob Gretz | </th><th>Comments (4) (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/its-pioli.html#comments)
</th><th>
</th></tr></tbody></table>
Expect an official announcement from the Chiefs within the hour (4 p.m. CST) that Scott Pioli will be joining the organization.
There is no press conference scheduled by the team at this time, but they are expected to confirm news that broke on ESPN.com that Pioli will take over football operations.
More to come.

KCChiefsMan
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
AWESOME!

SenselessChiefsFan
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I was referring to him killing Brady's career.

D@mn.... right over my head. I am getting scared.... I am actually starting to believe that Pioli might be coming here.

We might actually be better than mediocre within my lifetime. This is an uncomfortable feeling. Kind of like losing my virginity. I desperately wanted to happen, but really didn't know how to respond. Luckily, he was gentile. LOL.

teedubya
So the Chiefs ruined teh Pats season, week one... Now, we ruined their offseason!

Mw hahahaha

Reaper16
It's official Blob Gretz confirms

It’s Pioli! (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/its-pioli.html)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="left" valign="top"><th>January 13, 2009 - Bob Gretz | </th><th>Comments (4) (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/its-pioli.html#comments)
</th><th>
</th></tr></tbody></table>
Expect an official announcement from the Chiefs within the hour (4 p.m. CST) that Scott Pioli will be joining the organization.
There is no press conference scheduled by the team at this time, but they are expected to confirm news that broke on ESPN.com that Pioli will take over football operations.
More to come.
If that official announcement comes today, I win a $10 bet. I'm stoked.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
SHANAHAN
BRING IN THE RAT!!

Pre-seeeeeeeeeeent HOOKS! :cuss:

kobebehar
Yeah. It was all "poor Patriots... their staff keeps getting picked over by other teams" bullshit. Then they showed a table that explained the only team to lose more games the past years than us was the Rams.

Nothing about the kind of job Pioli will do in KC or anything. :grr:

Yeah that was really weak.

Synopsis:

*jacking off* PATRIOTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

dirk digler
and WPI is out in the cold again. Poor Nick

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
So the Chiefs ruined teh Pats season, week one... Now, we ruined their offseason!

Mw hahahaha

That's beautiful.

Gonzo
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
and WPI is out in the cold again. Poor Nick
:D

SPATCH
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Mw hahahaha

hilarity

Lzen
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
disclaimer: I'm not as sure on this one as the other information that i was given in the past.

Herm has been told by the Chiefs that he will not be the coach of the KC Chiefs next season.

I had a feeling that was what you're getting at. I don't see why you would question this one. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM

ROFL "But..but..I can write REALLY good fluff pieces when you lose lots of games"...

SP: "We're not losing "lots of games" anymore Bob; now GET THE FUCK OUTTA' HEH"!!!!

This also means that the "Pioli Watch" thread is finally done!

Thank God

THIS!

ArrowheadHawk
01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
A glorious day to be a chiefs fan. Now don't go all Charlie Weis and Romeo Crenell on us Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
A glorious day to be a chiefs fan. Now don't go all Charlie Weis and Romeo Crenell on us Pioli.

You can piss on a parade faster than any human being I've ever seen. Like 15 minutes ago, what was it?

"All I want is Pioli", or something to that effect?

I'm not being serious here, I'm just sayin'.:D

kc rush
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
ROFL "But..but..I can write REALLY good fluff pieces when you lose lots of games"...

He was always Carls fluffer.

ArrowheadHawk
01-13-2009, 03:42 PM
You can piss on a parade faster than any human being I've ever seen. Like 15 minutes ago, what was it?

"All I want is Pioli", or something to that effect?

I'm not being serious here, I'm just sayin'.:D

Gotta have some sense or reality I am a chiefs fan I'm not used to good things happening.

Red Dawg
01-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Hell yeah! Great day for KC

big nasty kcnut
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Now this is bold and daring. Whoo hoo!

DT58HOF
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING
1 COMMON GOAL TO HAVE THESE
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/lombarditrophy.jpghttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/chiefsring.jpg

TO DO THIS WE MUST HIRE ONE OF THESE GUYS!!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/martyschott.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/s_shanahan_i.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/ferentz.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/mariucci.jpg

ARROW2
01-13-2009, 03:48 PM
WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING
1 COMMON GOAL TO HAVE THESE
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/lombarditrophy.jpghttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/chiefsring.jpg

TO DO THIS WE MUST HIRE ONE OF THESE GUYS!!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/martyschott.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/s_shanahan_i.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/ferentz.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/shyguyms/mariucci.jpg

There's a GLEAM men, there's a GLEAM!!!!! LOL!

ABOUT F'IN TIME CLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!

raybec 4
01-13-2009, 03:50 PM
D@mn.... right over my head. I am getting scared.... I am actually starting to believe that Pioli might be coming here.

We might actually be better than mediocre within my lifetime. This is an uncomfortable feeling. Kind of like losing my virginity. I desperately wanted to happen, but really didn't know how to respond. Luckily, he was gentile. LOL.

So, how would it have been unlucky had he been a Jew?

The_Grand_Illusion
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
A new day has dawned!

AWESOME!

R&GHomer
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
ROFL:D:D:D:clap::clap::rockon:PBJPBJ I think I'm going to cry.

Gonzo
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200224

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Gotta have some sense or reality I am a chiefs fan I'm not used to good things happening.

Understood, but like I said a little while back; "you can't slather this much mediocrity on an NFL Franchise for 20 years and not expect to get some good Karma back".

Now this is bold and daring. Whoo hoo!

Clark Hunt appreciation-thread, STAT!

Silock
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Are you fucking KIDDING me?!?!?!

kcconnie
01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Finally, something to look forward to next season!!!

EyePod
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards found out about the Pioli hiring through the media and hadn't been told anything by the Chiefs' management as of Tuesday afternoon. Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news.

I just got back from class and saw that this was added to the article!! Herm found out probably checking ESPN.... or do you think he's a CP member? He was probably on that freaking Pioli Watch thread all day!!!

EyePod
01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
It Finally Happend, they kept putting it on us, everywhere we looked
we heard it's a new day, it's a new dawn at Arrowhead!!
I feel so much better after hearing atleast we got the guy that most wanted.
I was not sold on him but i'm will to wait and see and hope that he fires Herm and brings in a top Coach not just some assistant that hasn't been a head coach before.

2 things of my lists 2 to go!

(X) FIRE CARL
(X) HIRE Pioli or Polian
( ) FIRE HERM & 70% of the staff
( ) Hire a Former Head Coach, Marty,Ferentz,Mariucci,Shanahan

I'd rather Spags.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I hope we get a Head Coach and Coaches who aren't afraid to "light 'em up" on the sideline when these kids go bone-head.

No more Herm, and his sweater-vest + perpetual facial expression of dumbassery.

ZepSinger
I just got back from class and saw that this was added to the article!! Herm found out probably checking ESPN.... or do you think he's a CP member? He was probably on that freaking Pioli Watch thread all day!!!

From the Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/

SenselessChiefsFan
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
So, how would it have been unlucky had he been a Jew?

You know what they say about Jews! Once you go jew, you never go black.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
where is the Jizz in my pants video?

Pioli just signed with Chiefs and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!!!!!

I just saw that for the 1st time yesterday. Who knew that it would happen today?!?!?!

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 04:03 PM
NFL Net all over it. Schefter just said that Thum is probably giving up his power to Pioli.

Wow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Not like I believe it, but someone called in to 810 and said they saw him carrying boxes from his office out to his car.
ROFL

Speaking of 810:

The True Fans are hitting the airwaves en-masse.:doh!:

"I hope he don't let us down"...:spock:

How's about we let the fucking ink on the contract dry, and give Mr. Pioli a season or two to work some mojo???

God I hate people sometimes...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 04:05 PM
You know what they say about Jews! Once you go jew, you never go black.

Jesus Fucking Christ....:spock:

MVChiefFan
01-13-2009, 04:06 PM
This is insane!!! I literally have been off of here for an hour and a half and all hell breaks loose! What a glorious day!!!(old southern gentleman voice) LET THE OLD PROSPECTOR DANCE BEGIN!!!!!!

Buzzsaw
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Congrats guys! Huge fork in the road for the Chiefs franchise.

Jerm
I told a buddy yesterday I thought something would happen then or today...just had this weird feeling.

Way to go Clark!

This is a new era and I couldn't be any more excited!!!

StcChief
Excellent. Now find a coaching staff.

siberian khatru
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
This must be what it felt like when American troops entered Paris.

Red Brooklyn
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
here we go.

TN_Chief
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Sweet Jesus my prayers have been answered. Has he shitcanned Herm yet? No time to waste Mr. Pioli.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
They are saying BB runs the show, the Pats will be fine. Kind of dissing Pioli.

Also said Pioli got tired of being "the other guy" and wants to run the show, have his own team.

Fine by me. He can be our guy any time (totally not sexually though).

Stryker
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
PIOLI HIRED! OUT FUCKING STANDING!

Rausch
01-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Fine by me. He can be our guy any time (totally not sexually though).

If he wants your malebox you'll up the shut fuck and take one for the team!:cuss:

ZootedGranny
01-13-2009, 04:17 PM
"Haha, I think I'll keep my job!"
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0109/photo/a_edwards_195.jpg

*door flies open*

http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09032/keepmyjob101.gif

FD
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Holy crap something good actually happened!

Fritz88
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I can't believe sports.yahoo.com hasn't reported anything about this!!

Jerm
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM

*door flies open*

Hahahha repped!

BWillie
01-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Well this is what almost everybody in here wanted, so no bitching at Clark Hunt if he flames out. It's a good hire, no doubt, even though I would have preferred someone in the Pittsburgh Steelers organization.

eazyb81
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
What a beautiful day!

Planetman
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Someone told me that we just signed Jeff Spicoli as the new GM.

warrior
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Best news from chiefs 1n 20 years.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
anyone see what Athan said?

"After a lengthy search for Carl Peterson’s replacement, Chairman of the Board Clark Hunt has found his man. Tuesday morning we were tipped off by our primary source that things were moving quickly and KC’s GM search was nearly over. We hinted towards that likely conclusion last night on our forums."

http://kan.scout.com/2/829927.html

Oh yeah, if you guys paid for it, you got a ****ING HINT on the forums. What a bunch of crap.

big nasty kcnut
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
We are free. Now no shannrat and more hot cheerleaders ok.

Simply Red
01-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Someone told me that we just signed Jeff Spicoli as the new GM.

Actually, yes, additionally, they continued by saying his hiring of a checkered Van as head-coach was a lateral-move. :cuss:

Hammock Parties
01-13-2009, 04:26 PM

"After a lengthy search for Carl Peterson’s replacement, Chairman of the Board Clark Hunt has found his man. Tuesday morning we were tipped off by our primary source that things were moving quickly and KC’s GM search was nearly over. We hinted towards that likely conclusion last night on our forums."

Oh yeah, if you guys paid for it, you got a FUCKING HINT on the forums. What a bunch of crap.

Nick told me Pioli was going to be hired by the Chiefs eight days ago.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Way to go out on a true limb.

It's pretty easy to say things after the fact.

The Boston Globe has been reporting for 3 days that things were progressing.

You fuckers are pathetic.

Better start kissing ass for access now.

Sweet Daddy Hate

This, to the 1,987,999,076,555th-Power.

R&GHomer

The winds of change are in the air. I love it, I haven't felt this good about my team in a long, long, long time. Way too go CLARK!!!

Johnny Vegas
I'M GETTING FUCKIN DRUNK TONIGHT!! ITS PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME!

cdcox
01-13-2009, 04:29 PM

I told you on December 27th, so there.

Sweet Daddy Hate

:popcorn:

This will end well...

EyePod

And Michael Smith said it a lot earlier than that. And it's convenient that he's always whispering sweet nothings in your ear, but cmon. Really? I swear that he told me 8 days ago!! Just trust me. Give me proof and I'll shutup, otherwise, go write an article while we all enjoy a great part of Chief's history!

Oh, and tell Nick to find a better fucking picture!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/58/587793.jpg

He looks like a fucking pedophile in that picture. He coudln't find anything better?

Bweb
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
WTF? I am on CP...I didn't recognize all the optimism. :p

Good God we got Pioli :clap:

Hammock Parties

You fuckers are pathetic.

Better start kissing ass for access now.

You have some serious hate issues, Frank.

I hope you get them worked out.

Despite your constant negativity I like you and I think you're a pretty cool dude.

kobebehar

*door flies open*

win... so fucking win.

Hootie
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
him fish and hootie must be crying inside right now

Why?

I am downright THRILLED.

I'm not a Herm fan.

kcxiv
01-13-2009, 04:32 PM

You ****ers are pathetic.

Better start kissing ass for access now.lol, Quite a few people were saying that He's likely headed to KC. NOt much else was said about that though. lol

I know Nick has to make it look good though becuase thats what he does for a living. lol

FringeNC
01-13-2009, 04:33 PM

*door flies open*

First-rate.

DrRyan
This is the start of great things to come for us KC fans!

I certainly hope so. Spagnuolo as the next HC in KC would probably be my first choice. He has made really good defensive teams in his tenure with NYG. Who had heard of Justin Tuck or Umenyoura sp? before they blew up there? The Chiefs have what appears to be tremendous young talent on the defensive side of the ball, especially in the seconday. With good coaching and a better scheme would could see dramatic improvement quickly. If not Spagnuolo then Jim Schwartz would by my #2 candidate.

Here's to a great day for us Chiefs fans!

macdawg
Like everyone I am extremely pleased!!!

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Credit to Arrowhead Pride:

UPDATE #2: ESPN is reporting that Herm Edwards learned of Pioli's hiring through the media and has sent his assistants home to await word of their fate. H/T

beavis

http://kan.scout.com/2/829927.html

Oh yeah, if you guys paid for it, you got a ****ING HINT on the forums. What a bunch of crap.

ROFLROFLROFL

The Bad Guy
You have some serious hate issues, Frank.

I hope you get them worked out.

Despite your constant negativity I like you and I think you're a pretty cool dude.

You're in your late 20s, you live at home, never had a real job, and have never had sexual relations with any living human being.

Yes, I'm the one with issues.

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Schwartz is the guy I want, but I will not bat an eye at Spagnouliloililaa.

eazyb81
You're in your late 20s, you live at home, never had a real job, and have never had sexual relations with any living human being.

Yes, I'm the one with issues.

ROFLROFLROFL

Wow.

Frazod
Credit to Arrowhead Pride:

UPDATE #2: ESPN is reporting that Herm Edwards learned of Pioli's hiring through the media and has sent his assistants home to await word of their fate. H/T

Ouch. Another KC coaching internet murder.

I assume this one's multiple. :evil:

CanadaKC
what a day!!!!!! My daughter gets into the best school in the hood, my wife says she's so excited I'm getting a blow job later tonight, and the Chiefs sign Pioli. There is a God................ty...ty....ty.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
you have never had sexual relations with any living human being.

What do you have against necrophilia?

Honestly, Frank, your prejudices are terrible.

DTLB58
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I just hugged and Kissed my wife as she came through the door and exclaimed "It's a new day in Kansas City!"

I'm so damn Happy!

Her, eh, she couldn't care less. ROFL

Sig changed, The avatar will remain for a few days till Pioli fires Herm. :D

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM

LMAO

Me too. Gun can instruct Herm on how it works

KCwolf
It's a GREAT day to be a Chiefs fan!!!! :clap:

warrior
I certainly hope so. Spanuolo as the next HC in KC would probably be my first choice. He has made really good defensive teams in his tenure with NYG. Who had heard of Justin Tuck or Umenyoura sp? before they blew up there? The Chiefs have what appears to be tremendous young talent on the defensive side of the ball, especially in the seconday. With good coaching and a better scheme would could see dramatic improvement quickly. If not Spagnuolo then Jim Schwartz would by my #2 candidate.

Great minds think alike. I thought I read Schwartz went to Detroit as HC?

warrior
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
LMAO

ROFL

Crush
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Sniff. I am so happy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM

This.

What do you have against necrophilia?

Honestly, Frank, your prejudices are terrible.

LMAO

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/988-pioli2embeddedprod_affiliate81.gif

Bearcat

*door flies open*

:clap:

Basileus777
I certainly hope so. Spanuolo as the next HC in KC would probably be my first choice. He has made really good defensive teams in his tenure with NYG. Who had heard of Justin Tuck or Umenyoura sp? before they blew up there? The Chiefs have what appears to be tremendous young talent on the defensive side of the ball, especially in the seconday. With good coaching and a better scheme would could see dramatic improvement quickly. If not Spagnuolo then Jim Schwartz would by my #2 candidate.

Osi blew up before Spags came to the Giants. And Tuck was already a good player before then.

eazyb81
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Osi blew up before Spags came to the Giants. And Tuck was already a good player before then.

Tuck had 1 sack in 20 games before Spags came to NY. In the two years with Spags, he has 22 sacks.

Agent V
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, I'm late to the party. 'Tis a glorious day. I can break random things in my house out of HAPPINESS for the Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
It's a GREAT day to be a Chiefs fan!!!! :clap:

Yes it is, especially when you have word on the wire that Bradford is staying in school.

Yep, those stars just keep aligning...

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Tuck had 1 sack in 20 games before Spags came to NY. In the two years with Spags, he has 22 sacks.

He blew up after Spags came, but Tuck had already played well as a situational pass rusher. Forget the number of sacks, he played DT on passing downs; not enough snaps to get many of them. Spags helped his career, but Tuck wasn't worthless before he came along.

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Kind of just blows that statement right out of the water. Damn not even close to being true.

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
He blew up after Spags came, but Tuck had already played well as a situational pass rusher. Forget the number of sacks. Spags helped his career, but Tuck wasn't worthless before he came along.

No but,..see.... it was like......

eazyb81
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
He blew up after Spags came, but Tuck had already played well as a situational pass rusher. Forget the number of sacks.

Think whatever you want, but the majority of people wouldn't call a DE with 1 sack in 20 games a good player. He's obviously performed much better in the last two years.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Think whatever you want, but the majority of people wouldn't call a DE with 1 sack in 20 games a good player. He's obviously performed much better in the last two years.

Well he only really played on passing downs as a DT. If you watched the Giants the year before Spags came you knew who he was. I'm not doubting that he drastically improved later on, but he wasn't a scrub before Spags came.

kysirsoze
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
He blew up after Spags came, but Tuck had already played well as a situational pass rusher. Forget the number of sacks, he played DT on passing downs; not enough snaps to get many of them. Spags helped his career, but Tuck wasn't worthless before he came along.

Well of course he wasn't worthless, but he certainly wasn't elite. We have plenty of "not worthless" players. I want someone who can make them great.

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
but he wasn't a scrub before Spags came.

Nobody said he was. He obviously has talent, and Spags got it out of him.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 04:50 PM
He obviously has talent, and Spags got it out of him.

And that is what I was saying. Tuck showed he had some talent before Spags came. Tuck was a pretty raw player who only played limited snaps before Spags came. His success is due to his own development and increased playing time; with some help from Spags.

DTLB58
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
LMAO

Sweet!

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
For the morons bashing Spagnuolo:

The Giants defensive rankings in total defense and points allowed have improved from before he became DC and have improved each year he has been DC.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
For the morons bashing Spagnuolo:

The Giants defensive rankings in total defense and points allowed have improved from before he became DC and have improved each year he has been DC.

I hope you aren't talking about me. I actually want Spags. I watch the Giants every week, I was just disputing some incorrect claims going around here.

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope you aren't talking about me. I actually want Spags. I watch the Giants every week, I was just disputing some incorrect claims going around here.

No, mainly the ignorant douchenozzle that is DT58HOF.

Iowanian
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Good news.

I needed good news today.

This makes it even more appropriate. Today, I was working on-site and the dbag's desk I was working at was a donkey fan. I drew a fat arrowhead at the top of his notes.

Now....given the Pats treatment of aging vets, don't be surprised to see some go away.

philfree
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Well :clap: Clark landed the hot candidate for GM and that makes it a wonderful day. If he hires Spagnuolo then the Chiefs will have landed two of the hottes NFL porspects on the market. Seems alot of times with the NFL the hot prospects don't work out. Here's to these two being two that do work out!:BLVD: Gosh just think if the Chiefs draft Stafford and all three work out!:BLVD:

PhilFree:arrow:

Iowanian
01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
So Gunther will now learn that he's been fired by the Chiefs...TWICE on the internet.

DrRyan
01-13-2009, 05:09 PM

Osi, maybe, Tuck, I think you had better do a little more research my extremely negative Chiefs fan. I am trying to figure out why all your posts are so negative today? Today is a step in the right direction, not a day to be angry and bitter. Nothing has been accomplished yet, but you have to admit they are moving in the right direction.

Smile, take a deep breath and relax. :D

38yrsfan
01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Good Luck Mr. Pioli!

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
John Clayton on ESPN said that the 2 leading candidates are:

Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Schwartz

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Osi, maybe, Tuck, I think you had better do a little more research my extremely negative Chiefs fan. I am trying to figure out why all your posts are so negative today? Today is a step in the right direction, not a day to be angry and bitter. Nothing has been accomplished yet, but you have to admit they are moving in the right direction.

Smile, take a deep breath and relax. :D

Research? I've actually seen Tuck play most of his career, that's more reliable then looking up a boxscore. I'm not being remotely negative. I like Spags, I want his as HC. But he had a very talented group of pass rushers in NY. He made the defense better and won the Giants a Superbowl, but you can't attribute the success of Osi and Tuck solely to Spags as if they woudln't be good NFL players without him.

the Talking Can

Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Schwartz

boom goes the dynamite

Sweet Daddy Hate
Didn't see anything on the front page, and since I can't create a new post:

Matt says.............YES.

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/sports/uga/stories/2009/01/07/stafford_moreno.html

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

DeezNutz
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
boom goes the dynamite

x2

WilliamTheIrish
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
This is the greatest day in ..... well ... I don't know when. But damn it's a fine day.

Titty Meat
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I like Spags too but heres the thing... The Chiefs Defense was great in the 90s and we saw how there great D-Cordinator did.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Didn't see anything on the front page, and since I can't create a new post:

Matt says.............YES.

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/sports/uga/stories/2009/01/07/stafford_moreno.html

Nothing Official, but word on the wire is that Bradford will NOT declare.

banyon
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Awesome! How did I miss this today?

EyePod
01-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Schwartz is the guy I want, but I will not bat an eye at Spagnouliloililaa.

I can't spell his name either! Who cares though!! YAY!!!

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
If Spagnuolo is the leading candidate to replace Herm, I'd be very curious to know what his philosophy on offense is and who he would bring in as offensive coordinator.

As long as Spagnuolo employs an aggressive offense I'm okay with him.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 05:25 PM
If Spagnuolo is the leading candidate to replace Herm, I'd be very curious to know what his philosophy on offense is and who he would bring in as offensive coordinator.

As long as Spagnuolo employs an aggressive offense I'm okay with him.

Judging that he's been around Andy Reid, I don't think he's stuck in the stone age.

I'd absolutely love for him to hire Jeremy Bates from the Broncos.

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Press Conference at 5:00pm tomorrow

crazycoffey
01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Damn it, look at what happens when I put this laptop down.....
Giggity giggity.....

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Judging that he's been around Andy Reid, I don't think he's stuck in the stone age.

I also think Jeff Jaga... I'm not going to try to spell his last name (the head coach at Boston College who was recently fired and former offensive coordinator with the Packers) could be an offensive coordinator candidate under Spagnuolo.

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
CHIEFS MAKE IT OFFICIAL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/13/chiefs-make-it-official/)

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2009, 6:02 p.m.

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that they have hired Scott Pioli to serve as the team’s General Manager.
Pioli, who spent nine years with the Patriots, replaces 20-year G.M. Carl Peterson.

“We are very excited to welcome Scott to the Chiefs,” owner Clark Hunt said. “With his proven track record of success, Scott is the finest player personnel executive in the NFL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#), and we look forward to his leadership in building a championship organization.”

Pioli, the two-time Sporting News Executive of the Year, acquires full control of a football (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) operation for the first time in his career.
The Patriots, who have lost two key employees in two days, have issued multiple statements regarding the move.

Said owner Robert Kraft: “Scott Pioli was an integral part of the many championships the New England <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">Patriotshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif</nobr> (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) have celebrated this decade and I would like to thank him for his countless contributions throughout the past nine seasons. Scott is a great evaluator of talent. He is thorough in his evaluations, extremely organized and has done a tremendous job mining all possible resources to help Coach Belichick and his staff field the players needed to win consistently. He has played an important role in building a championship tradition with players that I am proud to call Patriots. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I wish Scott continued success in his new role and offer best wishes to his wonderful wife Dallas, and their beautiful daughter Mia. I think Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs have made a very wise hire.”

Added Belichick: “To sum up in words everything Scott Pioli has meant to this organization and to me personally would be difficult, if not impossible. From the day I met him, he has demonstrated a passion for football and respect for the game (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) that is second to none. It has been extremely gratifying for me to follow Scott’s career ascension from the bottom of the totem pole in Cleveland to his place as a pillar of championship teams in New England. Now with the opportunity to steer his own ship and a vision of building a winner, there is no more capable, hardworking, loyal, team-oriented person than Scott Pioli.

“On a personal level, the Belichick-Pioli bond runs far deeper than our workplace, as we and our families have shared countless memories away from football. Working side by side with one of my best friends for almost two decades is special enough in itself. But to help each other achieve success beyond our dreams is a blessing and something I will always remember and appreciate.”

Wow. Was that Bill Belichick?

Did I say wow?

And so the Chiefs begin the process of returning to competitiveness in one of the least competitive divisions in the NFL. Per various reports, coach Herm Edwards won’t be part of the process.

But Pioli will. And perhaps under his leadership the team will do something it didn’t do during Peterson’s 20 years and hasn’t done in 40 — win a Super Bowl (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#).

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM

This needs to be broadcast on ESPN News

Coach
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
And the Chiefs! The Chiefs have won! The Chiefs have won! Oh, my God! The most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heartrending ... exciting, thrilling signing finish in the history of the National Football League!

Coach
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Soon, the Germ Warfare will claim victory.....

oaklandhater
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM
talking about scott poli on NFL channel

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
CHIEFS MAKE IT OFFICIAL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/13/chiefs-make-it-official/)

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2009, 6:02 p.m.

“We are very excited to welcome Scott to the Chiefs,” owner Clark Hunt said. “With his proven track record of success, Scott is the finest player personnel executive in the NFL (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#), and we look forward to his leadership in building a championship organization.”

DCS just got slightly euphoria-dizzy reading that statement from Clark.

Good God; it's finally over.

Titty Meat
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
*Hugs DCS*

Hammock Parties
01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
*kisses billay*

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
So it's safe to say that Herm is gone?

hahahaha

Titty Meat
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm wondering if we win some games next year the Herm idiots will say the reason we won is because of his personel moves.

Chief Roundup
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Allright lets get this ship turned around.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
*kisses billay*

*Hugs DCS*

Teh Ghey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm wondering if we win some games next year the Herm idiots will say the reason we won is because of his personel moves.

Herm already has

Coach
01-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Schwartz

Winnar!

Titty Meat
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Schwartz is an X & O guy right? I like Spags although I remember when the Chiefs had a great defense in the 90's and we saw what kind of coach Gunther was.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
It's like we went to fucking Delta Burke the last 20 years to waking up to Scarlett Johansen in our beds.

Glorious day.

Coach
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
It's like we went to fucking Delta Burke the last 20 years to waking up to Scarlett Johansen in our beds.

Glorious day.

Heh. In all seriousness, this is a good hire. If it was DeCosta from Baltimore, I wouldn't complain either.

Either way, Clark is off to a good start.

RedThat
01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
It's like we went to ****ing Delta Burke the last 20 years to waking up to Scarlett Johansen in our beds.

Glorious day.

Did you jizz in your pants yet? lol

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Did you jizz in your pants yet? lol

Twice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
It's like we went from fucking Delta Burke while Gerald McRaney gave us a reach-a-round the last 20 years to waking up to Scarlett Johansen in our beds.

Glorious day.

FYP! ROFLROFLROFL

chiefsngop
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Just further proof, that just because the new Hunt in town handles his business behind closed doors, and doesn't let us all in on what he's up to ; does not mean he isn't hard at it.

booger
01-13-2009, 05:56 PM

The raiders got permission to interview bates for a job on their staff. Maybe OC if they stick with Cable.

At least he isn't being denied permission, in the division no less. Hopefully we have interest in him.

PFT rumor mill

mlyonsd
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm 48, been watching the Chief's since 1968.

I haven't felt this giddy since I watched the Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB4. It's our time.

Only way is up.

Thanks Clark for giving us hope.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 05:59 PM

I haven't felt this giddy since I watched the Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB4. It's our time.

Only way is up.

Right On!

KCTitus
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
What a grand day for the Chiefs! I'd almost say that this news makes up for the complete disaster that has been the last couple of years.

A couple of words of advice to Pioli...do not use the words 'five', 'plan' or 'year' in any press conference for any reason.

RedThat
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Would anybody still be ok if Pioli and the new coaching staff were to keep Chan Gailey as OC? I thought Gailey did a pretty good job this year. Maybe he'd be better under a different HC?

CupidStunt
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I can't wait until 6pm ET tomorrow!

booger
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Would anybody still be ok if Pioli and the new coaching staff were to keep Chan Gailey as OC? I thought Gailey did a pretty good job this year. Maybe he'd be better under a different HC?

yes, ok with me. Might have to look for a new OL coach. I like TE coach Jon Embree RB coach Curtis Modkins and WR coach Eric Price who could move to QB coach. With Price and a new WR or QB coach as a couple of younger guys, it would put them in positon to learn under chan and be ready for a future promotion. All depends on how Chan fits with Pioli and the New HC.

Just from this year though i like how we really turned things around. But i'm definatly not opposed to a change at OC either.

beach tribe
01-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Only way is up.

Hell Yeah!!

Brock
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM

Bleh, just flush it. Don't try to fish out the least smelly turd.

The Franchise

I'm cool with Gailey staying on as OC. Promote Price to QBs coach and I'm happy.

Dylan
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I told you -- This would be one of the best market's to be part of

http://www.everettwa.org/Get_Asset_Img.aspx?ID=363

FYI: I heard Steve Julio Spagnuolo is in K.C. :(...

mlyonsd
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM

I'd defer to Pioli and the new HC but I was impressed Gailey made progress during the year. That's what I look for. Somebody willing to face reality.

L.A. Chieffan
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Driving home from work and the dumbfucks here in LA didnt say one fucking word bout this. I love Chiefsplanet.

Coach
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
RING DAT TORRIIIII!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Official%20Game%20Thread/2wnwdhv.gif

the Talking Can
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
What a grand day for the Chiefs! I'd almost say that this news makes up for the complete disaster that has been the last couple of years.

A couple of words of advice to Pioli...do not use the words 'five', 'plan' or 'year' in any press conference for any reason.

ROFL

it would be awesome if the first thing he said was:

"Kansas City, I have a 5 year.....................CD with Bank of America"

Rausch

:grr:

L.A. Chieffan

think im gonna tivo this shit. history in the making

RedThat
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd defer to Pioli and the new HC but I was impressed Gailey made progress during the year. That's what I look for. Somebody willing to face reality.

That, and he managed to be creative by changing the style of offense we ran to more of a pistol spread formation to suits the talents and needs of what he had to work with.

Personally I think Gailey is a playmaker and may well be worth keeping.

chiefsngop
01-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Man all the losing this year was sure hard to watch.

But Gawd Damn this lousy ass season was worth every bit.

A top Patriots guy in for King Carl and Herm sent packing in favor for a guy that a top Patriots guy will pick.

Ah yeah......it was worth every bit.

RedThat
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
But on the other hand, some of the playcalling from Gailey was questionable.

And I also come to question his adjustments during the latter half of games something to keep in mind for Pioli thats for sure.

BigRedChief
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I had a feeling that was what you're getting at. I don't see why you would question this one. Seems like a no brainer to me.
I know its an easy guess but I just don't want to take a bunch of crap when the source is wrong. Never happened yet but it will.

Otter
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Man all the losing this year was sure hard to watch.

But Gawd Damn this lousy ass season was worth every bit.

A top Patriots guy in for King Carl and Herm sent packing in favor for a guy that a top Patriots guy will pick.

Ah yeah......it was worth every bit.

If Clark wouldn't have sent Carl packing names like Spagnuolo wouldn't even be being mentioned. A guy like him would never work for Carl. We would be talking about bringing in Shottenhiemers Son or Paul Hacket for head coach.

If it works out the Chiefs just stole top talent from two of the best teams in the NFL.

Unheard of in these parts. Clark Hunt deserves HUGE props for dealing with the big boys and coming out on top.

BigRedChief
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Pioli's hiring puts K.C. back on the football map

By Michael Blunda
Jan. 13, 2009

The Chiefs have hired Patriots VP of player personnel Scott Pioli as head of football operations, according to our sources.

Pioli had spent nine years in the Patriots' organization, most recently as vice president of player personnel, helping put together three Super Bowl-champion teams.

Pioli's arrival means the end of Herm Edwards' time in Kansas City, as PFW's sources have told us that Pioli has asked Edwards and his staff to clear out their desks at Chiefs headquarters. Edwards was 15-33 in three seasons as the Chiefs' head coach.

The PFW spin

The arrival of Pioli in Kansas City signals a ray of hope for a franchise desperately in need of a change at the top.

After 20 years as president, general manager and CEO of the Chiefs, Carl Peterson had gotten stale. His past 11 seasons included only two postseason appearances, and K.C. hadn't won a playoff game since 1993. His resignation last month was the first step in a structural overhaul of the organization.

Owner Clark Hunt's hiring of Pioli is the next significant step. Considered one of the sharpest minds in the game today, Pioli joined the Patriots in 2000 and quickly worked his way up the ranks. During his tenure in New England, the Pats ascended to join the NFL's elite, winning three Super Bowls and five division crowns.

The only thing Pioli was missing in New England was the title of general manager, something he now can claim in Kansas City. As head of football operations, the 43-year-old has a monumental challenge in front of him: transforming a team that has won six games over the past two seasons into a consistent contender. And after watching two clubs — Atlanta and Miami — go from doormats to playoff qualifiers in one season, the pressure is on.

Pioli's first step is going to be bringing in a whole new coaching staff.

It's likely that Pioli will follow in the footsteps of Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff, another former Pats executive, and hire a defensive-minded head coach to turn the Chiefs around. Since he'll probably choose from the ranks of NFL coordinators, the top candidates appear to be the Giants' Steve Spagnuolo, the Vikings' Leslie Frazier and the Dolphins' Paul Pasqualoni. Each has led a very effective defensive unit and has experience running a 3-4 scheme, which Pioli wants to employ, we hear.

If Pioli opts to explore the collegiate ranks, Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz would be an obvious choice, since the two are very close from their days together in Cleveland. However, Ferentz looks like more of a long shot at this point, because not only is he an offensive coach but also a larger risk, coming from the college level.

Getting a new head coach in place will be the first of many moves Pioli will need to make if he hopes to breathe new life into the franchise. But at least his hiring proves that the Chiefs, one of the league's most respected organizations, are once again serious about winning.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A.../spin011309.htm (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/Spins/2008/spin011309.htm) <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_118312-->
<!-- THE POST -->

BucEyedPea
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I haven't seen this thread, just the title....because if there's anyone in it that posted how they hated the pats....well then....all I have to say is you love them when it comes time to pick up some of their staff.

So far ex pat's coaches have been busts when gone from the organization. We'll see how this shapes out.

rocks
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank you Jesus! Can I get an Amen!!

Pants
01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Fucking told you.

Craqhead
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm so happy idk what too say.

WOOO FRACKING HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reiko57
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
FUCK YEAH!

Otter
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Pioli's arrival means the end of Herm Edwards' time in Kansas City, as PFW's sources have told us that Pioli has asked Edwards and his staff to clear out their desks at Chiefs headquarters.

:whackit: This is almost worth running out and getting beer to celebrate.b

stevieray
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I told you this board way underestimates Clark.

the one word everyone uses to describe him is competitive.

I'll say.

Craqhead
01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Wasnt there a rumor that if Pioli signed w/ the Chiefs that this server would have a melt down...

Servers' churning right along =D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-13-2009, 06:58 PM

I would JIZZ IN MY PANTS

BigRedChief
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I told you this board way undersestimates Clark.

the one word everyone uses to describe him is competitive.

I'll say.

He has proven all he needs to me.

He just laid out a bunch of money for Pioli. He's going to have to pay King Carl and Herm for the last year of their contracts. He could have waited and let them finish but he pulled the trigger now. He went out and got the best GM available.

Major props to Mr. Clark Hunt. His first major decision and he hits it out of the park.:clap:

stevieray
01-13-2009, 07:02 PM

He just laid out a bunch of money for Pioli. He's going to have to pay King Carl and Herm for the last year of their contracts. He could have waited and let them finish but he pulled the trigger now. He went out and got the best GM available.

Major props to Mr. Clark Hunt. His first major decision and he hits it out of the park.:clap:

absolutely....it's funny thinking about how many tried to pin the "all he cares about is money..." mantra on him.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Thank you Jesus! Can I get an Amen!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(from the cheap seats)

Dinny

EyePod
01-13-2009, 07:13 PM

Hopefully they say that Spagnuola won the SB with basically Herm Edwards's team.

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Research? I've actually seen Tuck play most of his career, that's more reliable then looking up a boxscore. I'm not being remotely negative. I like Spags, I want his as HC. But he had a very talented group of pass rushers in NY. He made the defense better and won the Giants a Superbowl, but you can't attribute the success of Osi and Tuck solely to Spags as if they woudln't be good NFL players without him.

Prior to Spagnuolo, Tuck had 41 tackles and 1 sack in 2 years. With Spagnuolo, Tuck has had 132 tackles and 22 sacks in 2 years.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Spag would run a 4-3, reports say Pioli wants a 3-4 coach. We'll know tomorrow.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Prior to Spagnuolo, Tuck had 41 tackles and 1 sack in 2 years. With Spagnuolo, Tuck has had 132 tackles and 22 sacks in 2 years.

That doesn't contradict anything I said. And I've already addressed this.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 07:27 PM

This.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Spag would run a 4-3, reports say Pioli wants a 3-4 coach. We'll know tomorrow.

Spag runs a combination. He can do a hybrid, with mostly 4-3. The only reports that said that Pioli wanted a 3-4 were ones that assumed that he would stick with what they run in NE. I don't want Dorsey to go to waste...

EyePod
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
That doesn't contradict anything I said. And I've already addressed this.

Was Tuck just incorrectly used before Spags?

flipped cracker
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
i'm gonna have to celebrate tonight!

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Was Tuck just incorrectly used before Spags?

He was a 2nd year player that was basically a situational DT in passing situations. And he was pretty good at that even if it doesn't show up n the boxscore. Tuck was a physically talented but raw player. He simply got better, some of that was because of Spags, but he would have been a good player without him. I'm getting tired of people who never saw Tuck play before Spags talking out of their asses because they looked up his stats. Spags did a hell of a job with the Giants, it isn;'t necessary to make it seem like he made Tuck and Osi's careers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 07:53 PM

ROFL I'm with you, with ONE exception; the current CB Coach STAYS.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I told you -- This would be one of the best market's to be part of

http://www.everettwa.org/Get_Asset_Img.aspx?ID=363

FYI: I heard Steve Julio Spagnuolo is in K.C. :(...

Thank you! Thank you so very much! And thank you judges; we're the happiest Miss America EVER!

And thank you for the Coach too!

:grr:

Awesome PIC REP!

DJJasonp
01-13-2009, 07:57 PM
cue the U2: "IT's A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!"...

Herm and Gunther are dead men walkin'!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 08:05 PM

"Mr. Hunt" is right; he's earned it, and HUZ-ZAH!

Hopefully they say that Spagnuola won the SB with basically Herm Edwards's team.

Herm helped lands us the best rookie CB corps in the NFL. That's where it begins and ends.

Danman
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Just got home from work. Wow! I'm blown away

ArrowheadHawk
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
This thread has slowed up a bit, but it's still one hell of a day.

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 08:16 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn, eh?

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2009, 08:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xy4FXhkm6Nw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xy4FXhkm6Nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dorseybowe
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Pioli putting the ax down on Herm and crew!

keg in kc
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Exxxxcellent. Didn't think it would happen.

MahiMike
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
AWESOME!!! I haven't felt this pumped up since election night!

Scott Pioli, come on down! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right (or whatever you say the price is).

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xy4FXhkm6Nw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

My favorite part of that video is Flea jammin' out in his stuffed animal pants.

(Sigh)...when the Chili Peppers didn't suck...:shake:

RUSH
01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
It still hasn't sunk in yet. A dream come true

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 08:45 PM

(Sigh)...when the Chili Peppers didn't suck...:shake:Uh, dude?

That's Young MC.

FringeNC
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
PFW's sources have told us that Pioli has asked Edwards and his staff to clear out their desks at Chiefs headquarters.

:)

Alton deFlat
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/01/13/14/988-pioli2.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Welcome to unemployment Herm!

OnTheWarpath15
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Finally have a chance to post about this.

I had been working on a video today in anticipation of the hiring, I'm uploading it now and we should have a look at it later this evening.

In the meantime:

http://i39.tinypic.com/dc36uo.gif

ArrowheadHawk
01-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Uh, dude?

That's Young MC.

Ya' think? :spock::doh!:

Yes, it's "Bust A Move" by Young MC. And at the time; the Chili Peppers didn't suck.

As they have since "Blood Sugar"->forward.

Hammock Parties
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Finally have a chance to post about this.

I had been working on a video today in anticipation of the hiring, I'm uploading it now and we should have a look at it later this evening.

In the meantime:

OTWP is quickly becoming my partner in crime. :evil:

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Pioli's arrival means the end of Herm Edwards' time in Kansas City, as PFW's sources have told us that Pioli has asked Edwards and his staff to clear out their desks at Chiefs headquarters. Edwards was 15-33 in three seasons as the Chiefs' head coach.

That is freaking awesome.

This day is like a 24 hour orgasm

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Ya' think? :spock::doh!:

Yes, it's "Bust A Move" by Young MC. And at the time; the Chili Peppers didn't suck.

As they have since "Blood Sugar"->forward.:spock:

This must have thrown me off...

But seriously, f*ck it. We got Pioli. :toast:

OnTheWarpath15
01-13-2009, 08:58 PM
OTWP is quickly becoming my partner in crime. :evil:

Get that bitch up and running so everyone can bask in the glory.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-13-2009, 09:04 PM
:spock:

This must have thrown me off...

But seriously, f*ck it. We got Pioli. :toast:

This! :toast::thumb:

Spicy McHaggis
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I walk into my apartment after traveling all day. I turn my phone back on (I always forget to do that) and I see 13 new voicemails. Hmm. That does seem a bit above the norm so I pick up the phone to dial. As I do so I click on Chiefsplanet to get my fix for KC related news. I see this thread. At the same time I do, the first message of my buddy screaming jubilantly begins to play. I begin dancing. And I don't care who sees me.

royr17
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Will Chan Gailey be back ?

EyePod
01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
The raiders got permission to interview bates for a job on their staff. Maybe OC if they stick with Cable.

At least he isn't being denied permission, in the division no less. Hopefully we have interest in him.

PFT rumor mill

I can handle Master Bates working over in Faiderland.

EyePod
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM

Unless it's "I think 5 Super Bowls in consecutive years here in Kansas City was awesome, but next year, I plan on getting one more with the Chiefs!!" - Scott Pioli

CHIEF4EVER
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

ZootedGranny
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09032/piolitiger437.gif

EyePod
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM

(Sigh)...when the Chili Peppers didn't suck...:shake:

I saw them 2 years ago and they were fucking amazing. Granted, Mars Volta opened for them, so I would have preferred anyone to that acid trip (and I wasn't on acid). They still got it. I'm not saying that they weren't better back in the day, but I still really enjoy some of their new material.

Iowanian
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kb6ErLPt4t8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kb6ErLPt4t8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EyePod
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Uh, dude?

That's Young MC.

Flea is in the background about half way through. It's also in Wikipedia, so it has to be true:

""Bust a Move" was a 1989 single by the rapper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapper) Young MC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_MC). It appeared on his album Stone Cold Rhymin' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Cold_Rhymin%27) and was his biggest hit, reaching #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Hot_100) and topping the charts in Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia). The song featured guest vocals by Crystal Blake (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Crystal_Blake&action=edit&redlink=1) and bass guitar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_guitar) by Red Hot Chili Peppers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers) bassist Flea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea_%28musician%29)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bust_a_Move_(Young_MC_song)

Iowanian
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v19PpD5uqL0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v19PpD5uqL0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>