PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hypothetical: Cassel comes with Pioli, Chiefs take Crabtree, Pioli gets LJ to stay...

arrowheadnation
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Yay, Nay,....indifferent? I could get on board with it. Best receiving corps in the league with Bowe, Gonzalez, and Crabtree. Larry quits being a bitch because we're winning again (and handing the ball to him again). Cassell does his throw for 400 yards/game thing he did toward the end of the year. We use all the other picks for the defense and O line. Am I wishing in one hand and shitting in the other, or do you think this could happen?

Deberg_1990
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Chiefs are not taking Crabtree.

I think Pioli is smart enough to not take a WR top 3.

Reerun_KC
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM

This....

arrowheadnation
01-13-2009, 08:19 PM

Say we trade back and do it. Not third overall.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that we are taking a QB or a defensive player with the 3rd pick.

Count Alex's Losses
Bowe, Gonzalez and Crabtree is not remotely close to being the best receiving corps in the league.

Where's the 4.3 who can separate and strike fear into defenses deep? Nowhere.

And if you say Will Franklin you lose a testicle.

Deberg_1990
Heck, ill go out on a limb right now and say the Chiefs will take either a QB, D-lineman or O-lineman at #3.

Mecca
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
It'll be a QB, a Dlineman or a pass rushing 3-4 style OLB....

And frankly with the way the Pats do things don't be surprised if guys like LJ and Gonzalez are shown the door.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Bowe, Gonzalez and Crabtree is not remotely close to being the best receiving corps in the league.

Devard Darling

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
LJ is absolutely the wrong kind of player for Pioli.

SPATCH
chiefs would draft maclin before crabtree... crabtree and bowe are redundant

but u don't draft WR at #3... u just don't

arrowheadnation
BTW...the only reason I say anything about Cassel coming is from what I read in that Williamson guy's blog on ESPN.com. Obviously, if we don't get a QB in free agency, then of course, we MUST take a QB.

Mecca
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
chiefs would draft maclin before crabtree... crabtree and bowe are redundant

but u don't draft WR at #3... u just don't

Unless it's Calvin Johnson, he's the exception to that rule.

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Devard Darling

ROFL

dirk digler
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Devard Darling

:LOL:

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Why is that? The Pats have actually been willing to make use of disgruntled players as long they were productive. If we cut LJ I bet you the Pats would actually take a good look at him.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
And frankly with the way the Pats do things don't be surprised if guys like LJ and Gonzalez are shown the door.

OMG!! How will the "True Fans" react?? ROFL

Mecca
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Why is that? The Pats have actually been willing to make use of disgruntled players as long they were productive. If we cut LJ I bet you the Pats would actually take a good look at him.

Putting a disgruntled player on a winning team that already has it's core and leaders is one thing...building that core with that player around is another.

Reerun_KC
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Say we trade back and do it. Not third overall.

Please tell me who is going to unload an ass load of first day picks over the next 2 years to move up to the 3 spot...

I really would like know who is going trade up since it is so easy to do....

Deberg_1990
01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
If Stafford or Sanchez are on the board when the Chiefs draft, they wont pass.

Unless Pioli brings in a Cassel.

Who knows what hes gonna do at this point??

Count Alex's Losses
01-13-2009, 08:34 PM
:crybaby:

J Diddy
01-13-2009, 08:37 PM

you blow goats for money......

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
FAIL

MahiMike
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM

yep, Corey Dillon. But it's different if they have to go to a different team.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
yep, Corey Dillon. But it's different if they have to go to a different team.

yep. Sometimes a divorce is nesessary and works out for both teams.

Like the Corey Dillon deal did with both Cinci and NE.

KCUnited
01-13-2009, 08:41 PM

and Andre Johnson and Larry Fiztgerald. Both taken top 3.

Frankie
01-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Yay, Nay,....indifferent? I could get on board with it. Best receiving corps in the league with Bowe, Gonzalez, and Crabtree. Larry quits being a bitch because we're winning again (and handing the ball to him again)....

I for one don't want to win to keep Larry "Leon" Johnson from bitching. Larry is not bigger than the team. The team is bigger than him. He does not understand that and your statement indicates you do not either. He'll never be a team player and we need to try to sell him to some team with a stupid front office.

Danman
01-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Heck, ill go out on a limb right now and say the Chiefs will take either a QB, D-lineman or O-lineman at #3.

Well your limb's gonna come crashing down on you. We won't waste the #3 pick on an OL when we drafted Albert last year. No Other line position is worth a pick in the first half of the first round. Pioli probably won't look that way till round three.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I could see Pioli making a run for Cassel, rather than drafting a QB with the #3 pick.

I could be wrong, but isn't the philosophy from the Parcells' school of thought that you don't spend a high draft pick on a QB (Drew Bledsoe being an exception)?

Ultra Peanut
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Nay. FUCK NAY.

alanm
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Well your limb's gonna come crashing down on you. We won't waste the #3 pick on an OL when we drafted Albert last year. No Other line position is worth a pick in the first half of the first round. Pioli probably won't look that way till round three.Brandon Albert could still be moved back to the right side to make room for the kid from Alabama for instance.

Just saying,

Short Leash Hootie
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Cassel was sacked like 40+ times this year just so everyone realizes that...Brady was sacked like 15 times the year before.

Iowanian
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I take it you're planning on Crabtree falling into the 2nd round.........

Cassell isn't going to be in KC, unless its an away game. If he goes anywhere, it'll be Minnesota IMO.

KCChiefsMan
01-13-2009, 09:31 PM
you fail. If Cassell comes along with Pioli, won't we have to give up our 1st?

beavis
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Who says that Cassel is even on the market? At this point I'm thinking NE keeps him for at least one more year.

chiefs99
01-13-2009, 09:48 PM
*DEFENSE wins championships.
*Keep thigpen at 1st string QB
*Cassel is gonna get tagged any way, jus another derek anderson
*Lj dont have a choice has to stay contract
*Sanchez is another lienart do we want to pay a QB 60 million to sit on a bench and watch

jAZ
01-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Brandon Albert could still be moved back to the right side to make room for the kid from Alabama for instance.

Just saying,

I don't know why more people haven't considered this an option. It seems like there is an assumption that we will NOT be drafting LT at #3, and I tend to think that's our most likely pick. Particularly since I don't think Bradford or Sanchez are leaving school this year.

L.A. Chieffan
01-13-2009, 09:51 PM
i love how big news brings out all the dumbfucks

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2009, 10:00 PM

I fully expect that LJ is GONE.

Gonzalez I'm 50/50 as whether they retain him for one more year or not.

LiL stumppy
01-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Why would we take Crabtree? we have more important positions to fill

keg in kc
01-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't know why more people haven't considered this an option. Probably because we watched Albert play, are comfortable with him where he is, and figure there are other, better ways to get a right tackle.

orange
01-13-2009, 10:08 PM

34 posts in and someone finally notices the giant hole in the argument.

chiefbowe82
01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
i don't know if i would give up a 3rd for cassell

Mecca
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
*DEFENSE wins championships.
*Lj dont have a choice has to stay contract
*Sanchez is another lienart do we want to pay a QB 60 million to sit on a bench and watch

This is a really stupid post, one of the dumbest I've ever read, so congrats man.

Guru
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM

And frankly with the way the Pats do things don't be surprised if guys like LJ and Gonzalez are shown the door.This is what crossed my mind as well.

Frankie
01-13-2009, 11:43 PM

You have an amazing talent for judging someone according to someone else's similar situation.

1- Cassel and Thigpen surprised with being effective their first starting year. So did Anderson. Yet you only expect Cassel to pull an Anderson in his second year and conveniently give Thigpen the benefit of the doubt.

2- Why is Sanchez another Lienart? Oh I get it. They are both from USC.

Frankie
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't know why more people haven't considered this an option. It seems like there is an assumption that we will NOT be drafting LT at #3, and I tend to think that's our most likely pick. Particularly since I don't think Bradford or Sanchez are leaving school this year.

You don't give a RT a LT's contract.

RedThat
01-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Um i don't know about TG? I think he is one of the few veterans that Pioli will keep. Because hes a winning player and a good charactered guy who produces consistently that is a sure bet to go to the HOF. Gonzalez blends in well with someone who brings a winning attitude to an organization. LJ on the other hand doesn't. I definately feel TG contributes and is part of a winning formula. New England did keep a lot of their veteran guys that were their even before Pioli was there.

But, I really believe LJ will be gone. The reason I say that is teams like the "Pats" or "Colts" usually smother their roster with players that have team first attitudes.

Marcellus
01-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Um i don't know about TG? I think he is one of the few veterans that Pioli will keep. Because hes a winning player and a good charactered guy who produces consistently that is a sure bet to go to the HOF. Gonzalez blends in well with someone who brings a winning attitude to an organization. LJ on the other hand doesn't. I definately feel TG contributes and is part of a winning formula. New England did keep a lot of their veteran guys that were their even before Pioli was there.

But, I really believe LJ will be gone. The reason I say that is teams like the "Pats" or "Colts" usually smother their roster with players that have team first attitudes.

NE has drafted TE high in the draft. Right now KC has Gonzo and Cottam. There won't be a change there this year at least. They ( I am guessing that means Pioli) have shown a value in the TE position.

ChiefsCountry
01-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I could be wrong, but isn't the philosophy from the Parcells' school of thought that you don't spend a high draft pick on a QB (Drew Bledsoe being an exception)?

Parcells never has a had a shot at quarterback other than Bledsoe. Simms was in place, he took Bledsoe, no QB was even taken in the first round when he was with New York and Dallas had no shot at one.

RustShack
01-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Stafford or Sanchez would be my pick. After that its whoever has the best value if we can't trade down. I just want to through this out there, Pioli is not the one who drafted Albert in the first round last year, so he might not feel obligated to keep him and LT and he could feel like he wants HIS LT and that Albert would be best served at OG or something. I really wouldn't be opposed to having our "Roaf and Shields" back.

Mecca
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM

It has more to do with Gonzalez acting like he wants no part of a rebuild and won't be a happy camper if anyone is changed....I don't think Scott Pioli is going to make decisions based on if it makes Tony Gonzalez happy.

milkman
01-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Stafford or Sanchez would be my pick. After that its whoever has the best value if we can't trade down. I just want to through this out there, Pioli is not the one who drafted Albert in the first round last year, so he might not feel obligated to keep him and LT and he could feel like he wants HIS LT and that Albert would be best served at OG or something. I really wouldn't be opposed to having our "Roaf and Shields" back.

If Scott Pioli looks at game tape and sees the level that Albert played at while just learning the position, he's not going to draft his replacementa and move Albert over.

The Patriots, and Pioli by extension, have a history of drafting smartly, and replacing a LT with Albert's potential with another LT in the draft is simply fucking stupid.

milkman
01-14-2009, 06:05 AM
It has more to do with Gonzalez acting like he wants no part of a rebuild and won't be a happy camper if anyone is changed....I don't think Scott Pioli is going to make decisions based on if it makes Tony Gonzalez happy.

Tony has a history of opening his mouth and inserting his foot.

He, however, is a professional who works hard and always shows up.

He is actually the kind of veteran that Pioli talks about wanting to have on the team to show the young guys how to work and prepare.

RedandGold
01-14-2009, 06:15 AM

...or Larry Fitzgerald

Bob Dole
01-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Since Bowe leads Johnson in catches over their first 2 seasons and led the league in broken tackles this year and all...

DJ's left nut
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Cassel sucks.

The rest of it is moot, I'll be pissed if the first part comes to fruition.

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM

You dont have to run a 4.3 to beat people deep.

T.O. IIR runs like a 4.5

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Since Bowe leads Johnson in catches over their first 2 seasons and led the league in broken tackles this year and all...

CJ's season this year was WAAAAAAY better than any of the 2 seasons Bowe has.

And CJ doesn't drop the ball like Bowe does.

EyePod
01-21-2009, 12:18 PM
NO Cassel. I'd rather Thiggy and I'm OK with Crabtree.... imagine Thiggy throws to Crabby.... hehehehe

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm still perplexed as to why people won't give Thigpen a chance?

If we had a first year starting QB perform the way Thigpen did last season (Or if Croyle played like that), people would be on his bandwagon saying he's the next bigtime QB that will one day win us a SB.

Now people are wanting to take a QB with the first pick (3rd overall) with an EXTREMELY weak QB class, probably the weakest in recent memory.

If there is a season to not pick a QB in the top 5 this is probably it

EyePod
01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
CJ's season this year was WAAAAAAY better than any of the 2 seasons Bowe has.

And CJ doesn't drop the ball like Bowe does.

Bowe is the legit #2 receiver from that draft, but CJ is obviously #1. There's no argument otherwise. CJ also doesn't have Tony on his team. I still can't believe that BREASTON is the third best receiver from that draft.

EyePod
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
It's funny, reading some of the Detroit fans comments and then Schwartz's comments regarding Gunther and him stepping in, not taking any BS, and bringing intensity and attitude to that team are what they will need. Sound familiar? Sound like what Carl and DV and the media said when Gunther replaced GRob?

What they're not talking about is the lack of accountability that Gunther brings, the lack of detail that Gunther's defensive schemes bring, the two or three big backbreaking plays that Gunther's defenses will give up every week, the lack of adjustments, his inability to decide whether to be on the sidelines or in the booth, his belief that all problems can be solved by more involvement from him, and so forth.

I anticipate in a few days you're going to see Gunther throw Herm and co under the bus as the cause of his failures, just like he did with DV and Co...

This is priceless and from the other Gun thread at "Today, 12:41 PM EST."

Frankie
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM

Because we are NOT going to stay in spread O.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2009, 12:26 PM

If we had a first year starting QB perform the way Thigpen did last season (Or if Croyle played like that), people would be on his bandwagon saying he's the next bigtime QB that will one day win us a SB.

Now people are wanting to take a QB with the first pick (3rd overall) with an EXTREMELY weak QB class, probably the weakest in recent memory.

Because he disappears in the second half, whatever IT is, he sure doesnt seem to know where it is..

And the spread pistola offense will not be the base offense in 2009...

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Bowe is the legit #2 receiver from that draft, but CJ is obviously #1. There's no argument otherwise. CJ also doesn't have Tony on his team. I still can't believe that BREASTON is the third best receiver from that draft.

CJ had Roy Williams on his team for a season and 1/2

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Because he disappears in the second half, whatever IT is, he sure doesnt seem to know where it is..

we dont know that. we also dont know wtf the coach is gonna be

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Because we are NOT going to stay in spread O.

Cool, Pioli must have told you that personally.

DaWolf
01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
The danger is that the OL still isn't as good as it needs to be for a pass happy offense, Cassell could very well suffer a "sophmore jinx" like a lot of QB's do in their second year of starting, Bowe drops too many balls, it is rare that a rookie receiver makes that big of an impact, and LJ isn't a good run blocker and isn't motivated at all to stay in this city and doesn't fit Pioli's style of player...

JASONSAUTO
01-21-2009, 12:31 PM

now now, bowe plays for the chiefs therefore he sucks/mecca

Brock
01-21-2009, 12:32 PM

He most likely will get a chance. That's no reason not to draft a QB though.

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Brandon Albert could still be moved back to the right side to make room for the kid from Alabama for instance.

Just saying,

Back? When did Albert ever play the right side?

And why in the hell would the Chiefs even contemplate having so much money tied up (not to mention first round draft choices) in two left tackles?

This makes no sense.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM

:doh!:

CoMoChief
01-21-2009, 12:43 PM

I'm fine drafting a QB, just not in the first day, not this year. This is a very weak class IMO

EyePod
01-21-2009, 12:48 PM

It might be the lack of practice at the helm. A full offseason would really benefit him (and therefore hopefully help uis, unless he suckst he big one of course).

John_Wayne
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Yay, Nay,....indifferent? I could get on board with it. Best receiving corps in the league with Bowe, Gonzalez, and Crabtree. Larry quits being a bitch because we're winning again (and handing the ball to him again). Cassell does his throw for 400 yards/game thing he did toward the end of the year. We use all the other picks for the defense and O line. Am I wishing in one hand and shitting in the other, or do you think this could happen?

Cassel - no thanks

Mr. Laz
01-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Devard Darling

Zomg ........... brilliant timing even

ROFL ROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM

Yeah, that Fitzgerald pick looks horrible right about now.

RustShack
01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that Fitzgerald pick looks horrible right about now.

Crabtree doesn't compare to Fitzgerald.

RustShack
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Just because this is a very weak QB class overall, does not mean there aren't a few good ones.

EyePod
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
CJ had Roy Williams on his team for a season and 1/2

I think Roy is overrated, but that's just my opinion. I know a lot of other people don't agree with me.

chiefscafan
01-21-2009, 04:42 PM
A little off the subject but about the draft. Why don't we draft grahm barrel from Texas tech. I watched the senior bowl practice and I loved what they said bout him. Mayock who I respect said he is a student of the game. Meaning he loves to watch game film in order to get better. This is the same thing they said about Brady. Sounds like pioli's kind of Qb.

Mecca
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
A little off the subject but about the draft. Why don't we draft grahm barrel from Texas tech. I watched the senior bowl practice and I loved what they said bout him. Mayock who I respect said he is a studied of the game he loves to watch game film in order to get better. This is the same thing they said about Brady. Sounds like pioli's kind of Qb.

Yea let's draft a 6'3 185lb QB from a spread offense...that sounds pretty smart.

Mecca
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm fine drafting a QB, just not in the first day, not this year. This is a very weak class IMO

I finally figured it out.....you're Adam Teicher aren't you?

JASONSAUTO
01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Crabtree doesn't compare to Fitzgerald.

by the college #s he does. in the nfl? maybe not

Kclee
01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Could be next years 1st.

JASONSAUTO
01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Could be next years 1st.

or even less remember the relationship between pioli and BB/ krafts

MahiMike
01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
A little off the subject but about the draft. Why don't we draft grahm barrel from Texas tech. I watched the senior bowl practice and I loved what they said bout him. Mayock who I respect said he is a student of the game. Meaning he loves to watch game film in order to get better. This is the same thing they said about Brady. Sounds like pioli's kind of Qb.

This is actually the QB I pegged a while back. Could get him in 3rd or 4th round. But now that Pioli is here, I'm leaning towards Cassel.

CaliforniaChief
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry if this idea has been brought up already, it was just a thought.

I thought this morning's "blog" about the Cassel idea was pretty convincing. We know he can play at a very high level in the NFL, he's young, and can be had cheaper than one of the college guys we might draft.

What if we can convince the league we like Thigpen and have no interest in drafting Sanchez or Stafford at #3? Then Seattle, with QB turmoil, becomes a possibility to pick the QB. San Francisco, needing a QB of their own, wants to move ahead of Seattle and offers us a mid-round pick this year and next year's first to move up to #3.

We then draft a pass rusher like Everette Brown, or a LB like Maulauga or someone else and then trade the #1 pick we acquired from next year's draft to the Pats for Cassel? Then we get the defensive playmaker we need cheaper than if we would have picked him at #3, we get a proven, young QB cheaper than we could have gotten a college QB with no guarantees, we give up a pick we never really had in the future (still keeping a first rounder next year), AND pick up another mid-round pick.

Just a thought (or ten).

Detoxing
01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry if this idea has been brought up already, it was just a thought.

I thought this morning's "blog" about the Cassel idea was pretty convincing. We know he can play at a very high level in the NFL, he's young, and can be had cheaper than one of the college guys we might draft.

What if we can convince the league we like Thigpen and have no interest in drafting Sanchez or Stafford at #3? Then Seattle, with QB turmoil, becomes a possibility to pick the QB. San Francisco, needing a QB of their own, wants to move ahead of Seattle and offers us a mid-round pick this year and next year's first to move up to #3.

We then draft a pass rusher like Everette Brown, or a LB like Maulauga or someone else and then trade the #1 pick we acquired from next year's draft to the Pats for Cassel? Then we get the defensive playmaker we need cheaper than if we would have picked him at #3, we get a proven, young QB cheaper than we could have gotten a college QB with no guarantees, we give up a pick we never really had in the future (still keeping a first rounder next year), AND pick up another mid-round pick.

Just a thought (or ten).

I like the idea, but you're assuming that Cassel has more upside than Sanchez or Stafford. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Best idea i've heard regarding Cassel though IMO

CaliforniaChief
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Probably too many things would have to happen for that to happen. But it would be interesting!

bevis369
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
OT or DT no qb at #3...

RustShack
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
OT or DT no qb at #3...

We drafted a DT and an OT in the first round last year...

RustShack
01-26-2009, 07:55 PM
by the college #s he does. in the nfl? maybe not

Your a joke if you compare players by stats ROFL

RustShack
01-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Let me guess, you like Braford too? ROFL