PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your thoughts on my NEW uniform design.

Agent V
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
This is going to get lost in Pioli (invisible deity bless him) madness, but here it goes.

I think it was about a year ago when I last attempted this. As a former graphic design student (now English major) I still dabble in the art, and the most difficult project I've ever attempted is the Kansas City Chiefs.

I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY: I DON'T THINK CHANGE IS NECESSARY, but it couldn't hurt, especially if done subtly and with NO BLACK.

I want to keep the blindingly awesome red as the center of the design, but integrate just enough yellow to make it consistent (the yellow, that is). I know most Chiefs fans don't want black, but I argue constantly with very talented sports design enthusiasts who insist me to add black just as the 49ers did, as an accent color.

Unnecessary, in my opinion, and I'm sticking to my guns here. We bleed red and gold. You don't add a rival team's color, even if it is just black. I've seen it done (with Chiefs uniform concepts), it's not horrible, but it isn't needed either.

I of course left the Lamar Hunt patch.

Fuck it. You probably aren't going to read all that anyway. Here you go:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/chief103182/Chiefs_Uniforms2.png

OnTheWarpath58
01-13-2009, 10:27 PM
How many times is this going to be posted?

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 10:28 PM
There needs to be more bulge around the penis.

Count Alex's Losses
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Agreed.

JimNasium
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
No

Agent V
01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
How many times is this going to be posted?

Revisited this time, it's different (as I stated above). I posted the original once over a year ago, and another time in a different thread. I finished the revision tonight.

DeezNutz
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Why is Gonzo so white?

CHENZ A!
01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I really don't see much difference except for the helmet which I am NOT a fan of.

OnTheWarpath58
Revisited this time, it's different (as I stated above). I posted the original once over a year ago, and another time in a different thread. I finished the revision tonight.

Then someone has stolen your work and posted it here twice in the last month.

Hoover
I'm not a fan of the yellow, the less yellow the better for me. Red, Black, and white. That said I wouldn't change anything I don't mind the yellow we currentlyh have

DeezNutz
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Not down with the yellow on the helmet.

cdcox
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
The less mustard, the better.

bishop_74
01-13-2009, 10:35 PM
You need to re-tool the logo.

Halfcan
01-13-2009, 10:36 PM
nice job

Agent V
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM

ROFL

You should be a graphic design teacher.

Beerthirty
01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Get rid of the gold and put black shoes and black face masks on them. Maybe on the all Red uniforms. I always hated the white socks with the colored stripes on them also. I wouldnt know what to change them to though.

Agent V
01-13-2009, 10:40 PM
You need to re-tool the logo.

You know, I can stare and stare at that thing for hours, recolor and re-outline, but nothing improves it. It's perfect. That's where I disagree with other sports logo enthusiasts on the issue. Yes, the black isn't consistent, but it makes it pop.

CHENZ A!
01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Change the yellow to gold, and make the red darker. leave the logo alone.

Baconeater
01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't mind the yellow, in fact I think the outline around the logo on the helmet is kinda cool. I don't pay close attention to what the rest of the unis look like as they are now, I wouldn't even probably notice if they did change anything, as long as they didn't put those stupid curving stripes on them like the Donks did it wouldn't bother me. The only thing that I can think of that would really piss me off is if they ever decided to change the logo. Nobody better fuck with the logo.

morphius
01-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't like the helmet at all, and would still like a logo on the jersey. But there are a lot of people that disagree with me on the logo idea.

leviw
01-13-2009, 10:49 PM
I'll say it: I like them.

Uniforms are great -- subtle but effective. Wouldn't mind keeping the traditional helmet, but the black outline on the logo would throw everything off.

Nice work.

splatbass
01-13-2009, 10:53 PM

That's what TG's wife said.

cdcox
01-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I'll say it: I like them.

Uniforms are great -- subtle but effective. Wouldn't mind keeping the traditional helmet, but the black outline on the logo would throw everything off.

Nice work.

Uh, you do know that the current helmet has a black outline around the logo?

Cornstock
01-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Whats so wrong with black?
It is scientifically proven to psychologically intimidate opposing teams and thus increase(a few percentage points) the winning percentage of the team by which its worn.

Agent V
01-13-2009, 10:57 PM

That's what he said. He's referring to my design.

Ari Chi3fs
01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I love, love the jerseys... FUCKING HATE the logo on the helmet. And I have been a graphic design instructor...

Beerthirty
01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Make the helmet gold or yellow just for sh-ts and giggles and see what that would look like. Kind of like the old Redskins uniforms.

Cornstock
01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
We also need an all red set with red top and bottom

rtmike
01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
The KC gets lost in the vertical lines of the pants. The lines of KC get lost, imo.

aturnis
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
If you changed everything you changed about them, back to what they used to be, then added sweet flames...then they'd be awesome.

SNR
01-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Repost, I know. But it's just sooo wonderfully gay that it can never be posted too many times, I think.

"Ah tink iss reelay grayuht... da new uniform chay-unge we got goin own"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELbAX_GsDF8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELbAX_GsDF8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

morphius
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Make the helmet gold or yellow just for sh-ts and giggles and see what that would look like. Kind of like the old Redskins uniforms.
I've done this a few times in the past when logical/vlad/whatever said it was a good idea, twas terrible, but only much worse than terrible but more like a travesty to mankind.

leviw
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Repost, I know. But it's just sooo wonderfully gay that it can never be posted too many times, I think.

"Ah tink iss reelay grayuht... da new uniform chay-unge we got goin own"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELbAX_GsDF8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELbAX_GsDF8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Racist much?

leviw
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM

Yeah, that's what I said. I like the current helmet, but the black doesn't make sense.

SNR
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Racist much?Uhh... sure. Tell me how that's racist. Because LT is a terrible interview by the way he sounds words?

whoman69
01-13-2009, 11:31 PM
If you changed everything you changed about them, back to what they used to be, then added sweet flames...then they'd be awesome.

We're talking about uniforms, not a '69 Nova.

kobebehar
01-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Racist much?

Wow, precisely how many vaginas does it require to accuse someone of racism for quoting him exactly how he sounds?

I got the over/under at 17, what you think, SNR?
Because I get the smell of at LEAST 17 yeast infections from his floral-patterned loveseat that he shares with his thirty pound kitten named after the main character of Jane Austen novel.

Valiant
01-13-2009, 11:36 PM
I love the unsanctioned version of the Indian with a tomahawk over four states.. I would love for that logo on one side and the players numbers on the other.. And then an arrow going over the middle with the tip just above the facemask.. Now I know the Indian will not happen because of all the PC fucks, but I would love to see the four states on there with the KC logo or arrowhead over it..

Hoover
01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I made a minor change

beavis
01-13-2009, 11:40 PM
The only thing I wish they'd change about the uniforms are the stupid stripes. God those things are ugly.

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Make the helmet gold or yellow just for sh-ts and giggles and see what that would look like. Kind of like the old Redskins uniforms.No.

Fuck no.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

kcfanXIII
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
if you retool the arrowhead you should angle it ala the pats, ravens, cards. that being said, the helmet is one thing i don't think i'd mess with.

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
The Chiefs uni's are great. Among the best in the NFL.

They haven't changed hardly at all since the days of the Dallas Texans.

Personally, I like it that way.

Hoover
01-13-2009, 11:47 PM
all red

Hoover
01-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Those Shoes are in honor of Rain Man

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2009, 11:50 PM
The Chiefs uni's are great. Among the best in the NFL.

They haven't changed hardly at all since the days of the Dallas Texans.

This.

Chiefs, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, & Raiders have the best uniforms IMO. And I am a young guy.

leviw
01-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow, precisely how many vaginas does it require to accuse someone of racism for quoting him exactly how he sounds?

Because I get the smell of at LEAST 17 yeast infections from his floral-patterned loveseat that he shares with his thirty pound kitten named after the main character of Jane Austen novel.

Stupid much?

SNR
01-13-2009, 11:52 PM

Because I get the smell of at LEAST 17 yeast infections from his floral-patterned loveseat that he shares with his thirty pound kitten named after the main character of Jane Austen novel.One. Just one yeasty vagina is all it takes

SNR
01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Stupid much?Kill yourself

splatbass
01-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Lose the stripes on the socks and I like it.

CanadaKC
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM
why no black? even a little bit in the stripes...not much...would give more depth...and still keep a lot of its authenticity. But that's just me...who knows?:shrug:

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 12:47 AM
This.

Chiefs, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, & Raiders have the best uniforms IMO. And I am a young guy.

Don't worry, DCS has this shit all wrapped up. I kept the best parts, made one small scaling change, and brought that fucker in to the 21-st Century without sacrificing one iota of tradition.

Agent V
01-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Don't worry, DCS has this shit all wrapped up. I kept the best parts, made one small scaling change, and brought that fucker in to the 21-st Century without sacrificing one iota of tradition.

You gotta show me. I've been trying for years to achieve that.

Phobia
01-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Racist much?

You've posted here 3700 times without being a moron. Then on 3701?

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 01:05 AM
You gotta show me. I've been trying for years to achieve that.

Gotta' keep it on the low-low for now; this is very serious shit. I've been working on this for a year and a half now, and I just finally got all of the elements together.

I am however looking for someone with MAD photo shop skills to come on board for putting together the final presentation.

I've done all the "trial and error"; it's time to put the finished work together and ice the cake!

Agent V
01-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Gotta' keep it on the low-low for now; this is very serious shit. I've been working on this for a year and a half now, and I just finally got all of the elements together.

I am however looking for someone with MAD photo shop skills to come on board for putting together the final presentation.

I've done all the "trial and error"; it's time to put the finished work together and ice the cake!

I can help with the Photoshop task, depending on what you need.

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I can help with the Photoshop task, depending on what you need.

Alright. I'm going to PM you and give you a secondary email address you can reach me at. I have the ability to monitor said address from home or work.

kobebehar
01-14-2009, 01:30 AM
One. Just one yeasty vagina is all it takes

These vaginas are spoiled before we get em in the classroom

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 01:44 AM
I don't like the helmet at all, and would still like a logo on the jersey. But there are a lot of people that disagree with me on the logo idea.

DCS is here for you. And when you see the placement of said logo, you WILL JMP!( JIZZ MY PANTS!)

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 01:46 AM
The less mustard, the better.

DCS hears your call, and delivers big time. You will LOVE "Arrowhead Electric Gold".

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I always thought a Black Falcons like uniform when Dion played there would be a nice change of pace.Black and Red.

Darth CarlSatan
01-14-2009, 11:06 PM
I always thought a Black Falcons like uniform when Dion played there would be a nice change of pace.Black and Red.

I hear what you're saying, but it is precisely for that reason(Atlanta)and tradition that B & R exclusively will never fly with the 00ld's.

bowener
01-15-2009, 12:11 AM
I found this site on the web, its pretty limited, but is really easy to use. I messed around on it for about 5 or 10 minutes.

http://www.teamworkathletic.com/taa/design-uniform/

Obviously select football (male), then customize.

The colors arent exactly the way they look for the Chiefs now, but just imagine the uniform with the current Chiefs colors. I would probably keep the KC helmets the same, I would just make the arrowhead "shorter" in heigth so it looked more steamlined or "sharp"... maybe make the "KC" more bold too.

ok, screenshot.

bowener
01-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Chiefs with donkeys style uni's
It hurt me to make it.

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 12:30 AM
It hurt me to make it.

It hurt me to look at it.

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
It hurt me to make it.

God that is horrible. Please forgive this man... he knows not what he does.

bowener
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
God that is horrible. Please forgive this man... he knows not what he does.

I know what I do, and its harmful. Luckily it only takes about 2 minutes of clicking.

There really is no way to make our uniforms look 'nice'. They are too garish.

Hoover
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Scott Pioli better not see this...

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 01:00 AM
I know what I do, and its harmful. Luckily it only takes about 2 minutes of clicking.

There really is no way to make our uniforms look 'nice'. They are too garish.

This is driving me insane. I want nothing more than to throw down and prove that statement wrong, but I've worked far too many hours on this shit to prematurely blow the load.

For those of you out there who truly want something fresh and new, yet respectful to the tradition of the franchise; I've got you covered.
If you're ready to see the beloved Arrowhead Logo march with authority in to this New Era and Millennium? I've got that too.

Be patient; things are in the works.

Easy 6
01-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Change the yellow to gold, and make the red darker. leave the logo alone.

Agreed on all fronts, a darker red would be especially welcome.

thurman merman
01-15-2009, 12:19 PM
i like the KC logo on the pants.

i do not like the yellow on the helmet.

Warrior5
01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
The Chiefs uni's are great. Among the best in the NFL. They haven't changed hardly at all since the days of the Dallas Texans.

This.

Leave perfection alone.

Demonpenz
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I like the alternative black uniforms you see people wearing, if they could wear the black ones a couple times a year they could gain some in profit sales if they lic one for one maker. I do think they need to update to a more modern look like the san jose sharx

kepp
01-15-2009, 01:27 PM
I would suggest this additional accessory just in case Herm doesn't get fired.

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
This.

Leave perfection alone.

The overall premise/design is sound, but you have to admit there are SOME elements that are downright clownish.

The 5 different stripes that run down the side of those red pants?

Yat-dat, duda-duda dat, duht duh duhhh(clown theme).

I like a lot of the old-school elements of the current uniform, but I'd like them better if they were stripped down a little and augmented with design elements that are timeless as opposed to "Hey, it's 1972 and you're grooving Pele-style to the sounds of Bachman Turner Overdrive"!

Fortunately, and due to my labor of love for this Franchise; I have the answer.

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I would suggest this additional accessory just in case Herm doesn't get fired.

LMAO
I thought it would be a gun belt and bandoleer, but I guess that'll do too.

sedated
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Please don't change the uni's.

All the new uniforms look like XFL bullsh!t

beach tribe
01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Red on Red? I've always thought that would be cool. Looks good on Madden.

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Don't worry, NO "Euro Uni" here. There's one team that can pull that off, and they're located in Columbia, Mo.

EyePod
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Tony isn't that light skinned. Sorry, I can't see anything past that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I guess I'm blind. Other than the yellow(gold) outline around the logo and the KC on the pants I don't see any difference.

jettio
01-15-2009, 03:40 PM
You forgot the black patch with the initials HE in memoriam to the coach who is being run out of town by the roused rabble.

Dicky McElephant
01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Gonzo has cankles.

CHENZ A!
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Agreed, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons all look like shit to me. I really hope the don't go for that style.

suds79
01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Agreed, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons all look like shit to me. I really hope the don't go for that style.

Different strokes for different folks but I think the Falcons new unis are sweet. Much better than their old boring old black on black unis. The addition of red looks sharp.

Darth CarlSatan
01-15-2009, 10:45 PM
You forgot the black patch with the initials HE in memoriam to the coach who is being run out of town by the roused rabble.

Not necessary. I've included Herm as part of the new protective cup design. This image has been screened on to the inside of every nut-holder:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/a_edwards_195.jpg

bowener
01-16-2009, 01:16 AM
This is driving me insane. I want nothing more than to throw down and prove that statement wrong, but I've worked far too many hours on this shit to prematurely blow the load.

For those of you out there who truly want something fresh and new, yet respectful to the tradition of the franchise; I've got you covered.
If you're ready to see the beloved Arrowhead Logo march with authority in to this New Era and Millennium? I've got that too.

Be patient; things are in the works.

I like our uniforms, I was saying, other than the way they are now, there really isn't a whole lot you can do. Both of 'our' colors are bright, and happen to look like condiments. I dont really give a shit so long as we are winning.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2009, 01:24 AM
I always liked the double star uniforms that the Cowboys had in the mid 90's. A double arrowhead uniform I think would look sweet.

Kyle DeLexus
01-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Man i gotta see these now DCS

Darth CarlSatan
01-16-2009, 02:08 AM
I like our uniforms, I was saying, other than the way they are now, there really isn't a whole lot you can do. Both of 'our' colors are bright, and happen to look like condiments. I dont really give a shit so long as we are winning.

Winning IS the most important thing, no doubt.

If you look at what the Rams and the Patriots did, you'll see that the layout is basically the same, they just gave it a little push in to the modern era. Regardless of how you may feel about those teams, you can't deny that those overhauls were MAJOR improvements. I mean, can you imagine having to wear that old Rams rig as a fan? I'd rather kill myself, because that shit was FUG-LY.

The only drastic change I've made to our current uniform is the gold. I love the crimson red we use. I wouldn't wear it as a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or jacket, but as a football jersey it works BECAUSE it's so "loud".
I haven't messed with the numbers either. They're a timeless design/font, they're old-school in a good way, and they work.
The only other jersey changes are a rescaling on the sleeve stripes, and the addition of the arrowhead logo placed in a spot I don't want to disclose at this time.
The pants and the socks( especially the red pants )follow the same general theme, but have been stripped down to a "less is more" approach in an effort to get a more timeless vibe going.

The most controversial aspect of the total package is the Arrowhead. Or, the "New Arrowhead" I should say.
This is something I avoided working on for months, due to the inevitable shit-storm I knew it would create. I had kind of a vague outline in my head of an arrowhead that was more swept, proportional, and above all, more "attacking".
So one day at work, I fired up Auto CAD and started working it out. About 40 minutes in, I got word over the radio that Carl had "resigned".
Say what you will, but I took that as a sign and I'm sticking by this new arrowhead logo come hell or high water.

DCS is very Mojo like that.

Darth CarlSatan
01-16-2009, 02:10 AM
I always liked the double star uniforms that the Cowboys had in the mid 90's. A double arrowhead uniform I think would look sweet.

;):thumb: Covered.

blueballs
01-16-2009, 02:26 AM
GI Joes with different camos
have killed manhood in America

Darth CarlSatan
01-16-2009, 02:42 AM
GI Joes with different camos
have killed manhood in America

LMAO

Actually, it's all Lee Majors fault. Upon my 5th birthday, I was taken to the local 5 and dime to pick out a present.

I wanted the Six Million Dollar Man, but they were out and had only GI Joe's. So my Dad said, "Do you want the Joe, or do you want to wait"?

I chose to wait.

That's some pretty serious fuckin' dedication for a 5-year old on his birthday I believe.

Que Card QB
01-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Speaking as one who was vehemently opposed to your last year's design, I actually think this one is pretty good. I wouldn't mind it. It captures the essence of the "classic" Chiefs uni, while giving it a subtle touch of style--it's got the sense of a new pride. My only critique would be the Arrowhead on the helmet looks too big. I think it should be a little bigger than it currently is, but not that big. It's too much, too donkey-like.

Kerberos
01-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Why is Gonzo so white?

racist

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Hate to piggyback on this thread, but seeing as I'm not yet allowed to start one of my own on this forum, I don't have a choice!

Here are my designs for the Chiefs uniforms of the next 50 years. I'd like to hear from as many of you as possible regarding what you think:

s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/HTrayne/Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20-%20New%20Uniforms%20Concepts/?albumview=slideshow

Taco John
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
That KC on the side of the hip looks pretty gay.

Taco John
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Hate to piggyback on this thread, but seeing as I'm not yet allowed to start one of my own on this forum, I don't have a choice!

Here are my designs for the Chiefs uniforms of the next 50 years. I'd like to hear from as many of you as possible regarding what you think:

s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/HTrayne/Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20-%20New%20Uniforms%20Concepts/?albumview=slideshow

That's easily the ugliest uniform I've EVER seen. ever.

sorry.

FAX
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Hmmm. I kind of like the Spidey look on the arms.

FAX

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
That's easily the ugliest uniform I've EVER seen. ever.

Did you bother to look at all of the designs? There were 3 distinctly different designs, two of which had away uniform renditions.

Also, like I just asked on the kc.com forum, if you're going to express a negative opinion in a "cool" way in order to make yourself feel better, please provide some reasoning to your opinion, as in why exactly you don't like it, so maybe I could try something else.

Constructive criticism. The kind that gets things done. Not, "tHat iz teh sToopidz!"

Thanks again.

stlchiefs
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry not a fan HTrayne. I'm not a fan of the different color shoulder pads that is the "new" thing in uniforms. Keep working on that queer eye, the fab five isn't ready for you yet.

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow...tough crowd here...haha. Bunch of rotten pricks you all are!

Just kidding, I appreciate the feedback. I like them at least, lol.

Taco John
02-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Did you bother to look at all of the designs? There were 3 distinctly different designs, two of which had away uniform renditions.

Also, like I just asked on the kc.com forum, if you're going to express a negative opinion in a "cool" way in order to make yourself feel better, please provide some reasoning to your opinion, as in why exactly you don't like it, so maybe I could try something else.

Constructive criticism. The kind that gets things done. Not, "tHat iz teh sToopidz!"

Thanks again.

I'm not a Chiefs fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I saw all the designs - they are all essentially based on the same concept. I thought they all looked like they came out of a 90's video game invisioning what the future might look like. The black - just awful. That's not even a Chiefs color. It looks especially horrid with that color of Chiefs red. The curve on the butt - wow that's gay. Why would anyone want to see the giant lard asses of a football player accented like that? *shudder*

I suppose the shoulder pad areas look ok on the designs, though they look kind of busy. I personally prefer a more solid look to them.

As a Broncos fan, I hope that you guys adopt those uniforms, and that they sell like hotcakes.

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm not a Chiefs fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I saw all the designs - they are all essentially based on the same concept. I thought they all looked like they came out of a 90's video game invisioning what the future might look like. The black - just awful. That's not even a Chiefs color. It looks especially horrid with that color of Chiefs red. The curve on the butt - wow that's gay. Why would anyone want to see the giant lard asses of a football player accented like that? *shudder*

I suppose the shoulder pad areas look ok on the designs, though they look kind of busy. I personally prefer a more solid look to them.

As a Broncos fan, I hope that you guys adopt those uniforms, and that they sell like hotcakes.

Thank you for explaining your opinion. Being that you've revealed yourself to me as being a Broncos fan, I've now determined that your opinion doesn't matter! Ha!

Seriously, thanks for explaining.

Taco John
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Honestly, I like your guys' uniforms now. I think the red pants look is gay, but outside that, I think you guys have sharp looking unis. Similarly, I hate the Broncos blue pants look. Man that's some ugly stuff.

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow...tough crowd here...haha. Bunch of rotten pricks you all are!

Just kidding, I appreciate the feedback. I like them at least, lol.

I've seen a few variations on the "Euro-Uni", and most of the time they look pretty "blah".
Your color schemes are good and they're balanced well, but I'm here to tell you through a year plus of my OWN research; that much black will NEVER fly with the fan base as a whole if you're serious about effecting a change.

Good luck to you though!

:toast:

cdcox
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Thanks again.

Since the Chiefs uniforms areandalwayshavebeen PERFECT, I suggest you go design baseball uniforms or ice skating costumes or something. And I mean this in the kindest way possible.

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I think our uniforms, while classic, are dated and kind of weaksauce when it comes to the intimidation aspect. I'm also a fan of the solid dark home uniforms and dark pants with away jerseys. That whole all-white nurse-look is really aggravating to me. Even though I absolutely despise your team, I think your uniforms are nice. Beats the hell out of road-crew orange.

I guess the college uniform designs have rubbed off on me. I live in Pittsburgh, too, so I can tell you how confident and mean people feel in black. Thought it might work for us!

headsnap
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM

wow, I'm impressed!!!!

there have been some bad uni designs over the years, but those are REALLY BAD!!!! :eek:

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Since the Chiefs uniforms areandalwayshavebeen PERFECT, I suggest you go design baseball uniforms or ice skating costumes or something. And I mean this in the kindest way possible.

They ARE great, and they'll be even MORE awesome for Throwback Day once I've sealed the forthcoming deal.

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow...everyone on this board is really funny! I just can't stop laughing at the cuteness of your replies! You're so witty! Congrats!

Saulbadguy
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I think we should have laser cannons mounted on the shoulder pads, wrists, and helmets.

headsnap
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow...everyone on this board is really funny! I just can't stop laughing at the cuteness of your replies! You're so witty! Congrats!

:spock:

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm cool with the shoulder cannons on the pads & helmets, but I think they'll result in even more drops for D-Bowe, so we should pass on that anatomical enhancement.

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I think we should have laser cannons mounted on the shoulder pads, wrists, and helmets.

Retractable wrist blades? I'm on it!!!

stlchiefs
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
wow, I'm impressed!!!!

there have been some bad uni designs over the years, but those are REALLY BAD!!!! :eek:

Nice LMAO

bowener
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM

As witty as you?

I think not.

From one n00b (me) to another n00b (you), keep your head low, cover your balls, and dont say stupid shit like the above quoted.

What program did you use to design those?

bowener
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Retractable wrist blades? I'm on it!!!

Can you get the 3 dot laser-sight from the predator movie too? Maybe we can mount that and a cannon on Huard so he can finally upgrade his wobble launcher.

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Can you get the 3 dot laser-sight from the predator movie too? Maybe we can mount that and a cannon on Huard so he can finally upgrade his wobble launcher.

LMAOLMAOLMAO REP!

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM
As witty as you?

I think not.

From one n00b (me) to another n00b (you), keep your head low, cover your balls, and dont say stupid shit like the above quoted.

What program did you use to design those?

Chill, sweetheart. I've been posting on Chiefs forums for 10 years...there are always fans who are accepting, and everything I say is in jest.

I used the uniform creator from footballamerica.com

It's fun when you're bored, like tonight sitting here in this 13 degree weather when my furnace decided it didn't want to work. Nothing like warming yourself up with a little NFL uniform design activities.

bowener
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Chill, sweetheart. I've been posting on Chiefs forums for 10 years...there are always fans who are accepting, and everything I say is in jest.

I used the uniform creator from footballamerica.com

It's fun when you're bored, like tonight sitting here in this 13 degree weather when my furnace decided it didn't want to work. Nothing like warming yourself up with a little NFL uniform design activities.

Huh, sweetheart. I hadn't heard that since...... fuck it, I'm tired of mother jokes.