PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Junior College Football

harpes
01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
My oldest son is heading off to Coffeyville Communitty College to play football at the end of May. Just wondering if anyone on the planet had any experiance with JC Ball and what to expect. They have a lot of players that go on to D1 schools but would you be better off playing somewhere like Pitt State?

Mecca
01-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Junior college is a great place for someone just leaving high school.....that is if your son likes pussy and beer.

Saulbadguy
01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Shoulda went to Butler.

chief52
01-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I can not say enough positive things about my experience in JC football. I played at Butte College near Chico CA. Met great people. My best friend is still one of my team mates from there. In fact, we were co-captains. Butte has a great program. JC can be the place to go for a lot of kids. Aaron Rodgers did not like the offers he received out of high school so he went to Butte his freshman year. After one totally outstanding year he was loaded with offers and could have gone nearly any where. Well, he selected Cal and the rest is history.

Butte was 12-0 and national champs this year!* Go Roadrunners...

If the coaching is good, your son will have an outstanding experience.

*Butler County College ( El Dorado, Kan. ) was second nationally.

B_Ambuehl
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
If his goal is to eventually play D-1 somewhere you probably can't do a whole lot better than Coffeyville. The team is usually loaded with D-1 recruits who couldn't get it done academically and many eventually do go on to bigger schools. There's not much in the way of recreation in Coffeyville though.

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 06:52 PM
It depends on what his goals are.

boogblaster
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
JC ball is the gateway to D1 ... but he needs to watch out for himself ... lots of out of state guys that have to have JC grades to get to D1 that will dirty your boy in practise ...

Skip Towne
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I got my AA from Coffeyville. They have had some really good teams. They used to have a hookup with Ohio State. Ron Springs played there. So did Gary Busey.

Saulbadguy
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
I got my AA from Coffeyville. They have had some really good teams. They used to have a hookup with Ohio State. Ron Springs played there. So did Gary Busey.

Allen County FTW!

We don't have a football team though...

Gary Busey is a madman, would loved to have gone to school w/ him.

Skip Towne
01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Allen County FTW!

Busey was a riot. I was at CCC when he was.

Skip Towne
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Allen County FTW!

Allen County? Isn't that Iola? What are you doing way down there?

Saulbadguy
01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Allen County? Isn't that Iola? What are you doing way down there?
They have a campus in Burlingame. I graduate this semester with an AAS, then got to decide on going to Washburn or K-State. I'll end up getting an AS from ACCC when it's all said and done as well, just from getting some gen-ed requirements for the transfer done.

Skip Towne
01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
They have a campus in Burlingame. I graduate this semester with an AAS, then got to decide on going to Washburn or K-State. I'll end up getting an AS from ACCC when it's all said and done as well, just from getting some gen-ed requirements for the transfer done.

K-State? You gonna work on tractors?

Saulbadguy
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
K-State? You gonna work on tractors?

Didn't you hear we got a new bio-warfare thingamabob down there? Maybe i'll go work on a new strain of anthrax that only affects people that annoy me.

Actually both WU and K-State offer a degree in Technology Management that i'm interested in.

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I had a buddy that went to GCCC to play ball. All I got was they fucking hit hard. Every play.

The talent certainly is on a different level from HS, so I'd suggest he be mindful of that. Other than that, I got nothin. Sorry.

Skip Towne
01-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Also, Buster Douglas went to Coffeyville and played basketball. And no, there is NOTHING to do in Coffeyville.

Manila-Chief
01-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I had a buddy that went to GCCC to play ball. All I got was they ****ing hit hard. Every play.

The talent certainly is on a different level from HS, so I'd suggest he be mindful of that. Other than that, I got nothin. Sorry.

Is that MS or Fla ... GCCC? My brother is DC at MGCCC. They were Co-National champs last year and were 4th. this year. Dantrell Savage was one of his guys. They have had 15 players go to 4 year schools. I counted 5 who are going to major D1 schools next year.

So, yeah, your son is making a very wise decision. Most likely, he'll get to play as a freshman.

Skip, I have one of those AA degrees as well. A good decision for me

Looper94
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
I can not say enough positive things about my experience in JC football. I played at Butte College near Chico CA. Met great people. My best friend is still one of my team mates from there. In fact, we were co-captains. Butte has a great program. JC can be the place to go for a lot of kids. Aaron Rodgers did not like the offers he received out of high school so he went to Butte his freshman year. After one totally outstanding year he was loaded with offers and could have gone nearly any where. Well, he selected Cal and the rest is history.

Butte was 12-0 and national champs this year!* Go Roadrunners...

If the coaching is good, your son will have an outstanding experience.

*Butler County College ( El Dorado, Kan. ) was second nationally.

Not sure where you get your facts, but Butler County won the JC National Championship this year. It was their second straight and Troy Morrell received NJCAA Coach of the Year honors again. Butte wasn't even in the game. It was Snow College vs. Butler County and Snow was the #1 ranked JC school in the country, while Butler was the #2 ranked school. Butte won the California State Junior College Championship. That's right,...they were just