PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Getting rid of herm? Who we be left to tell the story?

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe I am missing something here, but how can he possibly evaluate all 10 or 20+ coaches on this team, in under a week. And if he fires herm and his whole staff, who will be around to say what really went wrong.

First and foremost he needs to be able to evaluate the current talent level of the team, he already said in he press conference that in order to be effective in this area he needs to not only see game film, but also understand what the coaches were asking them to do, how can he ask someone who is not around?

In my job everyday (I am a electrician) I am presented with some new task, and before I just jump in, I always stand back observe my surroundings; what are my hindrances, what can I use to my advantage, hell, what is the weather like. I take my time, make a good informed decision, and work efficiently a productively, that way I only bend pipe or run a wire once. And in the end the job is done well and in a respectable amount of time.

In the end you canít be as thorough and calculated as he claims to be and not see this thing form every angle, before he takes action. It flies in the face of everything he and the patriots stood for. The old adage is correct measure twice and cut once

Dave Lane
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
He has already been thinking this out for years. The plan is already there.

OnTheWarpath58
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
First and foremost he needs to be able to evaluate the current talent level of the team, he already said in he press conference that in order to be effective in this area he needs to not only see game film, but also understand what the coaches were asking them to do, how can he ask someone who is not around?

Video of every snap is logged into a computer system that will spit out anything you want.

Every play we ran on 3rd and 5.

Every play when we played man-to-man defense. Cover 2. MIKE blitz.

Every possible situation is catalogued and available to anyone with access to the system.

He doesn't need anyone to sit and watch film with him.

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
you cant plan for the unknown

mcan
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
In the end you canít be as thorough and calculated as he claims to be and not see this thing form every angle, before he takes action. It flies in the face of everything he and the patriots stood for. The old adage is correct measure twice and cut once

You're right that a whole lot can be learned about cancer in general by studying a tumor as it grows bigger and bigger inside of a person. But common sense says that it's a dumb idea to just let it. The knowledge gained from letting the tumor stick around doesn't outweigh the damage it's going to do. Best to cut it out quickly and completely. Then assess how healthy the rest of the body is without the tumor influencing it.

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:29 PM
He is going to see all that in 6,897 plays, find out how the coaches were asking them to excute it, and make a sound decison in under a week right?

OnTheWarpath58
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
He is going to see all that in 6,897 plays, find out how the coaches were asking them to excute it, and make a sound decison in under a week right?

You act like the man hasn't done this before.

Then again, with the regime that has been in charge for the past 20 years, I can see why.

Reerun_KC
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Your not actually serious about this are you?

Coaches are hired and fired every year...

You mean to tell me that you can give me one good reason on game day, why you would keep Herm?

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Video of every snap is logged into a computer system that will spit out anything you want.

Every play we ran on 3rd and 5.

Every play when we played man-to-man defense. Cover 2. MIKE blitz.

Every possible situation is catalogued and available to anyone with access to the system.

He doesn't need anyone to sit and watch film with him.

I was going to post, "I don't know...film?" You always have to one up me!!! Asshole!!! :D

Really though. If he went 2-14 do you really want his opinion anyway? Seriously?

KcMizzou
01-14-2009, 07:32 PM
You're right that a whole lot can be learned about cancer in general by studying a tumor as it grows bigger and bigger inside of a person. But common sense says that it's a dumb idea to just let it. The knowledge gained from letting the tumor stick around doesn't outweigh the damage it's going to do. Best to cut it out quickly and completely. Then assess how healthy the rest of the body is without the tumor influencing it.Heh, nice analogy.

KCChiefsFan88

This team went 2-14 this year and was ranked near the bottom of the league in most offensive and defensive statistics.

What else is there to analyze?

13and3
Don' t get me wrong i want herm out too, but i dont want to screw up the whole team being impatient. It is no way this guy can understand what he has in front of him so fast. I get the feeling we are going to cut off our face in spite of our nose.

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
You're right that a whole lot can be learned about cancer in general by studying a tumor as it grows bigger and bigger inside of a person. But common sense says that it's a dumb idea to just let it. The knowledge gained from letting the tumor stick around doesn't outweigh the damage it's going to do. Best to cut it out quickly and completely. Then assess how healthy the rest of the body is without the tumor influencing it.

That's actually the best possible analogy in this case. Rep.

Reerun_KC
01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Don' t get me wrong i want herm out too, but i dont want ot screw up the whole team be impatient. It is no way this guy can understand what he has in fornt of him so fast. I get the feeling we are going to cut off our face in spite of our nose.

Actually we severed our head off when we hired Herm without much research.... Actually when we tampered with Herm...

Pioli has a chance to take this franchise off life support and get us back up on our feet...

Herm is one of the MAIN reasons we are the suck..

kstater
It doesn't take a fucking genious to analyze talent. Hell, Herm has found a way to have 2 head coaching jobs.

OnTheWarpath58
Don' t get me wrong i want herm out too, but i dont want ot screw up the whole team be impatient. It is no way this guy can understand what he has in fornt of him so fast. I get the feeling we are going to cut off our face in spite of our nose.

Again, you act like he's never done this before.

You do know he was responsible for scouting college and pro players while in New England, yes?

He has information on every player in the league, because he's either scouted them while in college, or has in the pros.

KcMizzou
Don' t get me wrong i want herm out too, but i dont want to screw up the whole team being impatient. It is no way this guy can understand what he has in front of him so fast. I get the feeling we are going to cut off our face in spite of our nose.The team's already screwed up, man. 2-14

Are you worried that we might hit 0-16 before things improve?

Buehler445
Heh, nice analogy.

That's actually the best possible analogy in this case. Rep.

For fuck's sake, beat to the punch twice in one thread. I=fail.

KCChiefsFan88

How could the Chiefs possibly go wrong by firing Herm?

Deberg_1990
01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
You lost me at:

Who we be left to tell the story?

kstater
The team's already screwed up, man. 2-14

Are you worried that we might hit 0-16 before things improve?

He's worried that Pioli might cut the next Boomer Grigsby.

13and3
and i do mean face in spite our nose

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
We can't just fire everyone at once is my point, just like you can't just bailout everybody on wall street. On second thought i guess you can but my piont is still made anyway. Firing herm is not a solution it is a cop out, for those to impatient and superfical to see this thing through.

MahiMike
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
You're too analytical (hence the electrician). It's all bullshit! Pioli is lining up his team as we speak.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
It doesn't take very long to read '2-23'. He could watch three games tomorrow. The Colts playoff game where the Chiefs didn't throw past the first down marker for an entire half and didn't get a first down in the first ~37 minutes... and the @Colts game the next season where Croyle drives the Chiefs down the field for the tie, we force the Colts to punt, we defer and punt back, we stop them again and we defer again and Peyton Manning wins the game... and the @NYJ game this year when the Chiefs ran the same running play 3 times in a row against the 4th ranked rush defense that also had the 25th ranked pass defense with a RB that had gained 1ypc all day, all while needing one freakin' first down, and punted and let Brett Favre win the game. After that he could read '2-23' again if he needs any further proof.

Those 3 games show two things... one, Herm will more than likely never win more than 1 or 2 playoff games in a single season. Second, those decisions span 3 different seasons, showing that you can't fix stupid.

Things aren't going to get worse if he fires Herm. They can't.

kstater
01-14-2009, 07:44 PM
We can't just fire everyone at once is my point, just like you can't just bailout everybody on wall street.
Actually you can, teams do it every fucking year.
Firing herm is not a solution it is a cop out, for those to impatient and superfical to see this thing through.

TRUE FAN ALERT

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Hell, its cold out tommorrow I am not going to work, I can just quit. Don't even have to think about it; i got a mortgage, bills to be paid, the economy is in a reccession, but somehow if i just simply quit, or if my boss is fired tommorrow, things will just work out, and i will be a millionaire by the end of the week. No need for contemplation, or examination.

kstater
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Hell, its cold out tommorrow I am not going to work, I can just quit. Don't even have to think about it; i got a mortgage, bills to be paid, the economy is in a reccession, but somehow if i just simply quit, or if my boss is fired tommorrow, things will just work out, and i will be a millionaire by the end of the week. No need for contemplation, or examination.

Well, good luck. Hope everything works out good for you.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
We can't just fire everyone at once is my point, just like you can't just bailout everybody on wall street. On second thought i guess you can but my pioint is still made anyway. Firing herm is not a solution it is a cop out, for those to impatient and superfical to see this thing through.

Impatient Chiefs fans, LMAO ...yeah, let's wait another fifteen years for a playoff win. I understand how Carl might have held back the rebuilding process, and I understand patience... I gave Bill Self the benefit of the doubt AFTER he lost back-to-back first round tournament games.

There's a smugness around Arrowhead because of Carl and Herm. A new era begins today that has more to do with hard work and less to do with flustrated arrogance. Buh-bye Herm.

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Its not just herm, the question is, is how has gunther been funking this team up, what about dick curl. What kind of stupid sh%t have they been puting into these players ears, we gotta to find out so we can keep the good players, and get rid of the bad ones. You need a season to seperate the coaches from the players, and see who is screwing up who.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 07:53 PM

It would take me all of half a second to analyze why I shouldn't quit my job, so I don't see how this helps prove your point that Pioli should take more than half a second before firing Herm. :spock:

kstater
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Its not just herm, the question is, is how has gunther been funking this team up, what about dick curl. What kind of stupid sh%t have they been puting into these players ears, we gotta to find out so we can keep the good players, and get rid of the bad ones. You need a season to seperate the coaches from he players, and see who is screwing up who.

So you need more time to evaluate whether Herm and Gun and Curl suck?

kstater
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
And hate to break it to you, but Pioli probably has in mind who he wants to bring in, so evaluating current staff is moot.

KcMizzou
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Its not just herm, the question is, is how has gunther been funking this team up, what about dick curl. What kind of stupid sh%t have they been puting into these players ears, we gotta to find out so we can keep the good players, and get rid of the bad ones. You need a season to seperate the coaches from he players, and see who is screwing up who.
No. You don't. That part's very, very easy.

Dude... seriously. WTF?

I'm starting to think you're just screwing with us.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm starting to think you're just screwing with us.

I pretty much assume that about everyone here, or else I would have lost all faith in humanity long ago.

13and3
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
We don't need mass destruction we need a culling

suds79
01-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Its not just herm, the question is, is how has gunther been funking this team up, what about dick curl. What kind of stupid sh%t have they been puting into these players ears, we gotta to find out so we can keep the good players, and get rid of the bad ones. You need a season to seperate the coaches from the players, and see who is screwing up who.

Wow.

Man up and grow a pair dude.

I'm getting the impression you've never gotten a thing done in your life without hemming and hawing about it 3 times longer than what's necessary.

But hey no worries. Some people are men of action and some are not.

I'm just glad you're not our GM. :thumb:

siberian khatru
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
We don't need mass destruction we need a culling

Dude, we are 2 for our last 25. That's one of the worst stretches in the NFL in years.

You blow that shit up. There is not one coach on this staff that is irreplaceable. A couple might be OK, but none of them are ... well, let's put it this way: The graveyards are full of indispensable men.

the Talking Can
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM

a phone?

13and3
01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey, all we need is gunz a blazing, I am deer hunting with an ar15 open sites 300yards out with one arm and my other hand grabbing my d @#K from now on. Hell fire herm, fire gunther , chan, the offensive line, the secondary, the qb, and all the chearleaders, then we can bbq and tailgate in peace. f..it blow up the whole mother..fin stadium.

Im out , no use trying reason with a mob.

ChiefsCountry
01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Most of what Pioli said was PR talk, nothing more, nothing less.

kstater
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey, all we need is gunz a blazing, I am deer hunting with an ar15 open sites 300yards out with one arm and my other hand grabbing my d @#K from now on. Hell fire herm, fire gunther , chan, the offensive line, the secondary, the qb, and all the chearleaders, then we can bbq and tailgate in peace. f..it blow up the whole mother..fin stadium.

Now don't get crazy, the CB's are decent. But the rest of your post is pretty much needed.

siberian khatru
01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Now don't get crazy, the CB's are decent. But the rest of your post is pretty much needed.

Especially the part about the cheerleaders.

StcChief
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
He still has the "Token" AA interview... then fires Herm. Assuming one of his 3 amigos is ready to step up as HC.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM

lol, it's like arguing with someone who thinks "the Chiefs shouldn't have run the same running play 3 consecutive times in that situation" means "the Chiefs should have run 3 consecutive hail mary passes in that situation". Uh, not that I've ever had that conversation here... LMAO

Rebuilding the house takes time. Taking out the garbage does not.

KcMizzou
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Rebuilding the house takes time. Taking out the garbage does not.Exactly. :clap:

KCChiefsFan88
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
When asked to describe what impressed him about Herm, all Pioli could say was "his passion".

My Golden Retriever has a lot of passion as well... especially when it comes to drinking out of the toilet... doesn't mean I want her coaching the Chiefs.

siberian khatru
01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Rebuilding the house takes time. Taking out the garbage does not.

"Oh, so you're saying we should just throw out everything in the house -- the diamond jewelry, plasma TV, furniture -- along with the banana peels and coffee grounds?"

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
"Oh, so you're saying we should just throw out everything in the house -- the diamond jewelry, plasma TV, furniture -- along with the banana peels and coffee grounds?"

Don't forget the clown suits.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9360/hermmcdonaldskcnw5ja5.jpg

Mr. Laz
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
people in midwest hate change

doesn't matter what change you suggest there will always be someone to say "no wait"

Marcellus
01-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Call me crazy but we just hired the hottest commodity on the market (for the first time I can remember) I am going to trust his judgment on how all this goes down.

People praise him and talk about how unreal it is to get him then pick apart whats going on in the next sentence.

I hate Herm too but if we keep him I will give it a shot. I honestly think he's gone though.

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I'll be here to tell the story.

If Pioli needs me, all he has to do is start a DeezNutz thread.

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
people in midwest hate change

FTW!

Hell, I don't know if I could survive the midwest corporate world if I wasn't in IT.

chuxtrux
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I understand what 13and3 is saying. I am guessing if there is a new coaching staff one of the assistants from Herm's regime will be kept on board and there will be other personel guys that will stay for the next year to ease the transition.

DaWolf
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe I am missing something here, but how can he possibly evaluate all 10 or 20+ coaches on this team, in under a week. And if he fires herm and his whole staff, who will be around to say what really went wrong.

2 years, 5-26 record. Evaluation over...

KCChiefsFan88
01-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I understand what 13and3 is saying. I am guessing if there is a new coaching staff one of the assistants from Herm's regime will be kept on board and there will be other personel guys that will stay for the next year to ease the transition.

It is amazing how certain elements of the Chiefs fanbase are apparently too dumb to comprehend how a complete franchise overhaul works.

You don't want a "transition"... you don't want any link to the past failure. You want to completely blow up the franchise and start from scratch. That includes Herm, his miserable coaching staff... everyone.

chuxtrux
01-14-2009, 10:04 PM
It is amazing how certain elements of the Chiefs fanbase are apparently too dumb to comprehend how a complete franchise overhaul works.

You don't want a "transition"... you don't want any link to the past failure. You want to completely blow up the franchise and start from scratch. That includes Herm, his miserable coaching staff... everyone.

[dumbass chiefs fan] OH YEAHHHH LETS FIRE EVERYBODY RIGHTZ NOWWW WHO CARES IS IF ANY OF THEM MIGHT HAVE SHORT TERM VALUE FOR PIOLI I WANT THEM ALL FIRED RIGHT NOW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH [/dumbass chiefs fan]

the Talking Can
01-14-2009, 10:07 PM
[dumbass chiefs fan] OH YEAHHHH LETS FIRE EVERYBODY RIGHTZ NOWWW WHO CARES IS IF ANY OF THEM MIGHT HAVE SHORT TERM VALUE FOR PIOLI I WANT THEM ALL FIRED RIGHT NOW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH [/dumbass chiefs fan]

right, Pioli can't figure it out but the poster named "choad wagon" can...

Bearcat
01-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Don't forget the clown suits.