PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders consider Paul Hackett for QB Coaching position

rrl308
01-15-2009, 03:17 AM
Raiders To Hire Paul Hackett To Coach JaMarcus Russell?

The Raiders informed quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo his contract would not be renewed, ending his stay after two seasons, a league source said. Paul Hackett is being considered for the job, according to a league source. A former USC head coach and Jets offensive coordinator, Hackett joined the Raiders as an advance scout last year.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

SenselessChiefsFan
01-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Raiders To Hire Paul Hackett To Coach JaMarcus Russell?

The Raiders informed quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo his contract would not be renewed, ending his stay after two seasons, a league source said. Paul Hackett is being considered for the job, according to a league source. A former USC head coach and Jets offensive coordinator, Hackett joined the Raiders as an advance scout last year.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

I hope that Pault Hackett doesn't get the job. He is a GREAT QB coach. I know he has a bad rep around here as an offensive coordinator, but he is a great QB coach. I also think that he would have a much better rep as an OC if he had better talent.

Gannon credits much of his success as a QB to Hacketts coaching in KC. I don't want Hackett teaching Jamarcus Russell.

SNR
01-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I hope that Pault Hackett doesn't get the job. He is a GREAT QB coach. I know he has a bad rep around here as an offensive coordinator, but he is a great QB coach. I also think that he would have a much better rep as an OC if he had better talent.

Gannon credits much of his success as a QB to Hacketts coaching in KC. I don't want Hackett teaching Jamarcus Russell.Jafatcus is uncoachable. I'd be more worried about Marques Tuiasosopo under Hackett than Russell

DJ's left nut
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Jafatcus is uncoachable. I'd be more worried about Marques Tuiasosopo under Hackett than Russell

Better QB rating than Thigpen.

That is all.

Brock
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Dammit, another coach off the market.

DaWolf
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
He was Joe Montana's QB coach, so he's coached the best. That would be an excellent hire.

Hackett is one of those coaches who is an outstanding position coach, he understands footwork and timing. He is also a competent but not outstanding coordinator and over his head as a head coach. So QB coach is where he belongs...

FringeNC
01-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, Hackett is a great QB coach. A great WCO QB coach. So you draft a guy #1 because he can throw the ball 70 yards, then try to make him a WCO quarterback?

This is exactly what WON'T be happening here under Pioli.

DaWolf
01-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't think Hackett really needs to spend time teaching him how to chuck a deep ball, it would be more about getting the guy to be a complete QB. Timing and footwork and release are things Russell needs work on, and that's what Hackett can teach. That he won't be calling the plays is probably a good thing for the Faiders, then again they'll probably hire someone even more incompetent to do that part of it...

SNR
01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Better QB rating than Thigpen.

That is all.Damon Huard also has a better QB rating than Thigpen, douchetard. Does that make him a good QB?

boogblaster
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Hate to see the Faiders get him ... He'd fit back here great at QBC ...

DJ's left nut
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Damon Huard also has a better QB rating than Thigpen, douchetard. Does that make him a good QB?

No, it makes Thigpen a bad one.

SNR
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
No, it makes Thigpen a bad one.You're a fucking moron.

I was talking about Jamarcus Russell. Where the fuck did Thigpen come from? I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIM, ASSHOLE.

Because Thigpen is the QB of my favorite team, I'm not allowed to talk about how bad Jamarcus Russell is?

Russell is a terrible QB. Quit being deliberately open-minded and using that as an excuse for calling yourself an intelligent fan. He's bad. He's a bad QB. A Lions fan can tell you that.

God, you're a silly piece of shit. Kill yourself

Buzzsaw
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, if anything he'll definitely improve JR's accuracy. You really can't even run an offense when a QB's completion % is below 55%. It is odd though - Hackett's the dink-and-dunk guru and Al Davis just loves the deep ball.

DJ's left nut
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
You're a ****ing moron.

I was talking about Jamarcus Russell. Where the **** did Thigpen come from? I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIM, ASSHOLE.

Because Thigpen is the QB of my favorite team, I'm not allowed to talk about how bad Jamarcus Russell is?

Russell is a terrible QB. Quit being deliberately open-minded and using that as an excuse for calling yourself an intelligent fan. He's bad. He's a bad QB. A Lions fan can tell you that.

God, you're a silly piece of shit. Kill yourself

This is genius, it truly is.

JaMarcus Russell is bad. Tyler Thigpen is worse. It's called a tangent, you'll see them frequently on the board. I'd probably lay off the cocain before posting next time, it might mellow you out.

SNR
01-16-2009, 12:46 AM
This is genius, it truly is.

JaMarcus Russell is bad. Tyler Thigpen is worse. It's called a tangent, you'll see them frequently on the board. I'd probably lay off the cocain before posting next time, it might mellow you out.I said Jamarcus Russell is uncoachable.

You said Tyler Thigpen has a worse QB rating.

That's not a tangent. That's a retarded outburst.

SNR
01-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Only because I can't neg rep you again,

Again, sheer brilliance. You damn near strung together 4 consecutive intelligible sentences. Keep trying, you'll get there.
Those are complete sentences, jackass. "Damn near?" Go back to 2nd grade.

You're just pissy because I made you look like an asshole. I was bashing Jamarcus Russell and out of nowhere, you rip on Thigpen to divert the attention away. It was as if you were coming to the rescue for your boyfriend.

Tyler Thigpen has a worse QB rating? Fan****intastic information! You don't say! Why is this relevent? Are you saying I shouldn't rip on Russell just because the Chiefs have a bad starting QB who arguably won't be the starter next season? That changes nothing. Jamarcus is still a terrible QB, isn't he?

Address my post instead of coming up with lame ass quips about my supposed lack of intelligence. All you're doing right now is eating dried chunks of diarrhea and then calling me a loser.

Valiant
01-16-2009, 02:47 AM

Gannon credits much of his success as a QB to Hacketts coaching in KC. I don't want Hackett teaching Jamarcus Russell.

I do not think anybody can make that ignorant fuck into a QB..

Gannon wanted to be better, some people you cannot teach..

Kerberos
01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Only because I can't neg rep you again,

Those are complete sentences, jackass. "Damn near?" Go back to 2nd grade.

You're just pissy because I made you look like an asshole. I was bashing Jamarcus Russell and out of nowhere, you rip on Thigpen to divert the attention away. It was as if you were coming to the rescue for your boyfriend.

Tyler Thigpen has a worse QB rating? Fan****intastic information! You don't say! Why is this relevent? Are you saying I shouldn't rip on Russell just because the Chiefs have a bad starting QB who arguably won't be the starter next season? That changes nothing. Jamarcus is still a terrible QB, isn't he?

Address my post instead of coming up with lame ass quips about my supposed lack of intelligence. All you're doing right now is eating dried chunks of diarrhea and then calling me a loser.

Goddamn... :LOL: ROFL Why don't you tell'em what you REALLY FEEL.