PDA

View Full Version : Draft Daddy's first mock

Sam Hall
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
They have the Chiefs selecting Everette Brown at 3. I like it because it means one of the defensive players separated himself from the pack. Defensive end happens to be my favorite position.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/index.htm

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
If there are two elite QBs like this from pro systems, and we are drafting third and don't get either one, I'm going to fucking puke.

Sam Hall
01-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm in the group that isn't sold on Sanchez. He's good and he can change my mind at the combine. I don't blame Pete Carroll for being upset because Sanchez doesn't look quite ready. I keep thinking about the Oregon State game. One more year and he would be ready for sure.

warrior
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Too high for Brown trade to 12 -14 range more draft pics then get Brown who I do like.

Frosty
01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm in the group that isn't sold on Sanchez. He's good and he can change my mind at the combine. I don't blame Pete Carroll for being upset because Sanchez doesn't look quite ready. I keep thinking about the Oregon State game. One more year and he would be ready for sure.

Did you see the game? They didn't lose because of Sanchez.

Sam Hall
01-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Did you see the game? They didn't lose because of Sanchez.

I probably remember the interception most of all. I think he was under pressure quite a few times. I think Carroll has a good point about experience. People criticized the offense for not living up to its potential.

Frosty
01-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I probably remember the interception most of all. I think he was under pressure quite a few times. I think Carroll has a good point about experience. People criticized the offense for not living up to its potential.

He couldn't step into the ball on that throw because he was getting hit in the knees. The ball sailed slightly and the safety picked it. It happens.

Saul Good
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
That is as bad of a mock draft as I have ever seen. Eugene Monroe at 2? Moreno to the Chargers? Andre Smith being the third OT drafted?

Stupidity

Gravedigger
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
They have the Chiefs selecting Everette Brown at 3. I like it because it means one of the defensive players separated himself from the pack. Defensive end happens to be my favorite position.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/index.htm

This is why nobody outside of KC knows a thing or two about where we should and would go with our first pick. I'd trust Kiper and McShay over these sites anyday.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2009, 06:35 PM
This is why nobody outside of KC knows a thing or two about where we should and would go with our first pick. I'd trust Kiper and McShay over these sites anyday.

Chiefs never really replaced Jared Allen, if Brown runs well, he could soar up boards.

No shit, Sherlock.

Who the fuck is Draftdaddy?

theorangelion
01-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Everette #1 DE on a lot of mock boards

Sam Hall
01-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Draft Daddy's blog is a lot more useful than their mock drafts. Their mocks have been spotty in the past.

DeezNutz
01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
You know the mock is shit when the explanation reads:

"KC never really replaced JA..."

Because this is the logic that leads to great drafts. WTF.

Kyle DeLexus
01-25-2009, 01:02 AM
That mock did look pretty bad

Hal McRae
01-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes, I'd trust the ESPN guys over all these sites any day, too....

Wait, didn't McShay predict all through 2007 that quarterback Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson would eventually be a number one overall pick? How about his prediction last summer that the USC DT (who's name I can't spell) would be the top pick in the 2009 draft? STFU

Point is, no one can reallty predict this this stuff, this far ahead.

Micjones
01-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm only okay with this pick if both Sanchez and Stafford are off the board.

Ebolapox
01-28-2009, 01:27 AM

Wait, didn't McShay predict all through 2007 that quarterback Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson would eventually be a number one overall pick? How about his prediction last summer that the USC DT (who's name I can't spell) would be the top pick in the 2009 draft? STFU

Point is, no one can reallty predict this this stuff, this far ahead.Fili Moala?

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM

I disagree. I think McShay is as clueless as the rest. Mayock's the only guy I trust.

Point is, no one can reallty predict this this stuff, this far ahead.

Mayock's always good, as is Rick Gosselin. Most of these "internet guys" are hobbyists, which is why their mocks are usually ridiculous.

Sam Hall
01-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Their latest mock has the Chiefs drafting Sanchez.

Hal McRae
01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
I disagree. I think McShay is as clueless as the rest. Mayock's the only guy I trust.

Mayock's always good, as is Rick Gosselin. Most of these "internet guys" are hobbyists, which is why their mocks are usually ridiculous.

I agree with you about Mayock being the best. He's a former NFL player and college star, so at least he's played the game. Gosselin is only good because Gil Brandt gives him all his info. Everyone knows that, Brandt has even said he shares all his info with Rick.

As far as Draft Daddy's mock, I don't worry to much about that when I surf there. The mock guy at that site is like everyone else -- wildly guessing at this point. I think, for example, the Sanchez pick is just silly for the Chiefs. I hate it for the Chiefs and I doubt Pioli goes there, but who knows?

But I go there almost everyday because their blog guy (that does most of the rankings) is a lot a better at dispensing draft info several times a day and seems to have good sources (Blesto and National info?). The info he links on a daily basis is awesome. Much better than ESPN Insider can provide with their links section and DD is free. Only one that comes cloose is GBN, and that's lame in comparison.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 11:17 PM
As far as Draft Daddy's mock, I don't worry to much about that when I surf there. The mock guy at that site is like everyone else -- wildly guessing at this point. I think, for example, the Sanchez pick is just silly for the Chiefs. I hate it for the Chiefs and I doubt Pioli goes there, but who knows?

Uh, wait a second: You don't like Mark Sanchez to the Chiefs?

You just lost me.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 09:43 AM
ziggy hood, brandon pettigrew and phil loadholt all going in the 1st round :spock:

i wouldn't think any of them is worth a 1st

Hal McRae
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Uh, wait a second: You don't like Mark Sanchez to the Chiefs?

You just lost me.

Dane I'm not sure where I lost you. I praised draft daddy's blog and other rankings, but said I find their mocks are somewhat spotty, at times.

Not saying I don't like Sanchez, but I'd rather wait for the process to play out. His height isn't going to be a plus for him (barely over 6' 2"), he's a bit skinny and he has ONE year experience. Throw in the fact that things won't be so easy in the NFL -- USC has so much talent, Chase Patton could've been a Heisman candidate if he started.

Again, I just like to wait 'til the Combine and the workouts, before I raise a one year starter all the way up to top 3. And, as Pete Carroll noted, early entry QB's tend to fail most of the time.

Plus, we are so bad (the Chiefs), that the case can be made that making the playoffs isn't realistic (despite what Atlanta and Miami did) until 2010. If Thigpen can't cut it next season, move towards a top QB in the 2010 draft -- Bradford, Jevan Snead, however.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Dane I'm not sure where I lost you. I praised draft daddy's blog and other rankings, but said I find their mocks are somewhat spotty, at times.

Not saying I don't like Sanchez, but I'd rather wait for the process to play out. His height isn't going to be a plus for him (barely over 6' 2"), he's a bit skinny and he has ONE year experience. Throw in the fact that things won't be so easy in the NFL -- USC has so much talent, Chase Patton could've been a Heisman candidate if he started.

Again, I just like to wait 'til the Combine and the workouts, before I raise a one year starter all the way up to top 3. And, as Pete Carroll noted, early entry QB's tend to fail most of the time.

Plus, we are so bad (the Chiefs), that the case can be made that making the playoffs isn't realistic (despite what Atlanta and Miami did) until 2010. If Thigpen can't cut it next season, move towards a top QB in the 2010 draft -- Bradford, Jevan Snead, however.

I've asked countless times.

What about a guy who stands 6-3 and weighs 227 pounds makes you think he's SKINNY?

You said he was built like a scarecrow in another thread.

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
USC has so much talent, Chase Patton could've been a Heisman candidate if he started.

The fuck?

Did you actually WATCH USC play this year?

All their talent is on defense. Even Mecca, the USC homer will attest to that.

The guy had pressure in his face most of the year - and still delivered.

Those of you that don't like him would be better served by just saying, "I don't like him" instead of making shit up, and looking foolish in the process.

Hal McRae
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
I've asked countless times.

What about a guy who stands 6-3 and weighs 227 pounds makes you think he's SKINNY?

You said he was built like a scarecrow in another thread.

Maybe 'scarecrow' is unfair on my part, but he's not a super big player either. And, if history is any guide, expect him to be shorter than 6' 3" and 227 pounds, as teams tend to over inflate heights and weights:

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/10-14/usc14ekfm_400.jpg

Also, doesn't his one year as a starter concern people (other than Pete Carroll)? As Rick Gosselin has written, there tends to be a direct correlation between the number of starts a QB made in college and his nfl success.....Sanchez has started, what, 14 games?

Also, Sanchez likes invoking the name of Matt Cassel as a reason he can succeed with little experience, but keep this mind: 1) He's not going to a team coming off a 19-1 record in the top 5....2) He wont be able to sit and watch and learn for 3 (plus) years like Cassel did.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM

you can fully expect to be beaten about the head with the scrotum's of Dane,Mecca and Warpath

good luck soldier

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Maybe 'scarecrow' is unfair on my part, but he's not a super big player either. And, if history is any guide, expect him to be shorter than 6' 3" and 227 pounds, as teams tend to over inflate heights and weights:

So you're assuming. Got it.

Also, doesn't his one year as a starter concern people (other than Pete Carroll)? As Rick Gosselin has written, there tends to be a direct correlation between the number of starts a QB made in college and his nfl success.....Sanchez has started, what, 14 games?

That might be the most overblown stat that gets thrown around this place.

History has NO BEARING on what happens in the future.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about a former grocery shelf stock boy in the SB for the THIRD time with two different teams.

You know, fuck it, an UDFA has never won a SB, therefore it will never happen.

Trends are not going to determine this kids fate - or any other kid for that matter.

You're comparing different eras, different offensive schemes, different supporting casts, different coaches, different EVERYTHING.

Akili Smith was a failure because he wasn't that talented - period. Not because he had less than 20 starts.

Also, Sanchez likes invoking the name of Matt Cassel as a reason he can succeed with little experience, but keep this mind: 1) He's not going to a team coming off a 19-1 record in the top 5....2) He wont be able to sit and watch and learn for 3 (plus) years like Cassel did.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

Frosty
01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
So are the people that don't want to draft Sanchez because "he was surrounded by superior talent" the same ones who would rather go after Cassel? :spock:

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM
So are the people that don't want to draft Sanchez because "he was surrounded by superior talent" the same ones who would rather go after Cassel? :spock:

You are a PAC-10 guy, how much talent did USC have on the offensive side of the ball?

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:59 PM
You are a PAC-10 guy, how much talent did USC have on the offensive side of the ball?

It's not nearly as much as it's perceived as around here...

He doesn't have anything comparable to Jarrett, or Mike Williams or White or Bush.

Frosty
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM

Well, I only saw them in two full games and parts of the AZ and Cal games. My impression was that they had trouble running the ball and the line wasn't as good as in the past. There wasn't exactly a dearth of talent or anything but it wasn't the machine they had in the Leinart era.

Sanchez really impressed (and scared) me in the 2nd half of the Beaver game. He single-handedly brought them back and if it hadn't been for the pick he threw while getting hit, they probably would have won.

The dude is also a fiery leader. He is just involved in the game no matter who is out there (defense or special teams), pumping people up and supporting them.

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Well, I only saw them in two full games and parts of the AZ and Cal games. My impression was that they had trouble running the ball and the line wasn't as good as in the past. There wasn't exactly a dearth of talent or anything but it wasn't the machine they had in the Leinart era.

Sanchez really impressed (and scared) me in the 2nd half of the Beaver game. He single-handedly brought them back and if it hadn't been for the pick he threw while getting hit, they probably would have won.

The dude is also a fiery leader. He is just involved in the game no matter who is out there (defense or special teams), pumping people up and supporting them.

Thanks! :clap:

Mecca
01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
The running game comes from the fact that Stafon Johnson should be the RB, he's a legit NFL talent and will likely end up a starter in the NFL, but SC insists on using the committee approach and it just doesn't work.

Joe McKnight is not Reggie Bush his is not the player his hype suggests he is.

Frosty
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
The running game comes from the fact that Stafon Johnson should be the RB, he's a legit NFL talent and will likely end up a starter in the NFL, but SC insists on using the committee approach and it just doesn't work.

Joe McKnight is not Reggie Bush his is not the player his hype suggests he is.

If they hadn't insisted on feeding the ball to McKnight at OS, they may have won. That other dude was shredding our D.

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
The USC offense wasn't as good this year, but we're comparing them to past USC offenses that were outstanding. Lots of coaches would've taken this year's USC offense. Damian Williams is pretty scary.

Mecca
01-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Do you know alot of coaches that would be fine with having their entire offensive line consist of all sophomore but 1 guy?

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Do you know alot of coaches that would be fine with having their entire offensive line consist of all sophomore but 1 guy?

There would be growing pains, but those guys have lots of potential.

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe 'scarecrow' is unfair on my part, but he's not a super big player either.

Freeman or bust!

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 08:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vgJrv8_z33M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vgJrv8_z33M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AsFm7zwm0SA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AsFm7zwm0SA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZSFP-T5vyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZSFP-T5vyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZSFP-T5vyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZSFP-T5vyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Where's the NSFW warning? WTF?

Posting a video with the guy's junk damn near hanging out...

Frosty
01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
The "fieriness" and leadership qualities talked about in those videos (and from what I have seen watching him) is why I would rather have Sanchez than Stafford, despite the difference in experience. To be a franchise QB takes an "IT" factor that a lot of QBs don't have.

By all accounts, Sanchez is a student of the game and I think that will help to overcome some of the lack of experience. Like all young QBs, there will be growing pains but I think he will overcome them.

Hal McRae
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Not really, saw this at D'Countdown's message board a month ago. I believe these were orginally taken from USC's Pro Day and posted on a scout.com pay site last spring. Obviously, this can be wrong (which I doubt) or he may've grown since. But it's very common that players heights and weights are overblown.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28019

Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about a former grocery shelf stock boy in the SB for the THIRD time with two different teams.

You know, **** it, an UDFA has never won a SB, therefore it will never happen.

Trends are not going to determine this kids fate - or any other kid for that matter.

You're comparing different eras, different offensive schemes, different supporting casts, different coaches, different EVERYTHING.

Akili Smith was a failure because he wasn't that talented - period. Not because he had less than 20 starts.

I'm not suggesting Sanchez is a terrible person or a "sure-fire bust". Just saying you have to wonder if he's ideally ready to make the jump to the NFL and, more importantly, if the Chiefs should invest the 3rd overall pick on a QB that has started about a dozen college games?

Anybody can be a bust, but chances are the one-year wonders are more likely to "bust" -- Akili Smith, Alex Smith, ect. And if you look at the list of juniors that have left early in the last 20 years***, it's not pretty. Big Ben has been good, but he was a redshirt junior and a 3 year starter. He also showed he could lead a lowly MAC team against Big 10 teams and fare well.

Also, while the Trojans offense may not be as talent laden as it was in 2005, for example, USC has no deficit in talent on offense. Several former Parade All-Americans jumped ship in recent years because they couldn't get playing time (Hazleton, Moody, ect.). This doesn't even count 4 and 5 star guys like Mustain,Bradford (RB) and C.J. Gable, among others, that were glued to the bench.

Also, don't forget this: While many feel Pete Carroll was trying to hold Sanchez back for selfish reasons, he openly accepted Reggie Bush leaving early and, to a lesser extent, Len Dale White, too. That year, he was very upset that the ESPN clowns wildely overhyped guys like Winston Justice, Darnell Bing and a offensive lineman (Fred Mutua or something?) as first rounders and agents swooped in to talk them into leaving. He was right about them not being ready, maybe he was mad that Sanchez was getting poor advice, more than being selfish?

Either way, I'm sure he'll stop caring soon, as Sanchez will be replaced seamlessly just like Carson, Leinart and Booty were. Between Mustain, Corp and Barkely, he must have one keeper?

Jamarcus Russell ~ Oakland Raiders (2007/#1 overall)

Vince Young ~ Tennessee Titans (2006/#3 overall)

Omar Jacobs ~ Pittsburgh Steelers (2006/#164 overall)

Alex Smith ~ San Francisco 49ers (2005/#1 overall)

Aaron Rodgers ~ Green Bay Packers (2005/#24 overall)

Ben Roethlisberger ~ Pittsburgh Steelers (2004/#11 overall)

Rex Grossman ~ Chicago Bears (2003/#22 overall)

Michael Vick ~ Atlanta Falcons, (2001/#1 overall)

Quincy Carter ~ Dallas Cowboys (2001/#53 overall)

Tim Couch ~ Cleveland Browns (1999/#1 overall)

Ryan Leaf ~ San Diego Chargers (1998/#2 overall)

John Walsh ~ Cincinnati Bengals (1995/#213 overall)

Heath Shuler ~ Washington Redskins (1994/#3 overall)

Trent Dilfer ~ Tampa Buccaneers (1994/#6 overall)

Drew Bledsoe ~ New England Patriots (1993/#1 overall)

Dave Brown ~ New York Giants (1992/Supplemental Rd. 1)

Tommy Maddox ~ Denver Broncos (1992/#25 overall)

Todd Marinovich ~ Oakland Raiders (1991/#24 overall)

Jeff George ~ Indianapolis Colts (1990/#1 overall)

Andre Ware ~ Detroit Lions (1990/#7 overall)

Timm Rosenbach ~ Phoenix Cardinals (1989/Supplemental Rd. 1)

Steve Walsh ~ Dallas Cowboys (1989/Supplemental Rd. 1)

Frosty
01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
While many feel Pete Carroll was trying to hold Sanchez back for selfish reasons, he openly accepted Reggie Bush leaving early and, to a lesser extent, Len Dale White, too.

Running back is a little different than your starting QB. USC always has a ton of talented running backs.

Hal McRae
01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Running back is a little different than your starting QB. USC always has a ton of talented running backs.

I don't totally disagree with you, arc. There is no doubt Carroll would've preferred if he stayed, but he knows Mark's replaceable. How far do you have to go back to find a USC team with a bad or average quarterback. Maybe back to the Petros Papodakis (sp?) era (2000)?

Mustain was like 9-0 as a true freshman in the SEC and Corp is deemed just as good or even better. I doubt Caroll's anger was only due to selfish reasons. But that's just my opinion, many miles away from LA.

AustinChief
01-30-2009, 11:24 PM

Rick is my fav. problem is, because he takes it seriously.. he doesn't publish a gazillion different ones

Ceej
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
For some reason the names Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams make me chuckle.

Teeeheeehee..

Frosty
01-31-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't totally disagree with you, arc. There is no doubt Carroll would've preferred if he stayed, but he knows Mark's replaceable. How far do you have to go back to find a USC team with a bad or average quarterback. Maybe back to the Petros Papodakis (sp?) era (2000)?

Mustain was like 9-0 as a true freshman in the SEC and Corp is deemed just as good or even better. I doubt Caroll's anger was only due to selfish reasons. But that's just my opinion, many miles away from LA.

USC is losing almost all of their defense. Carroll was counting on the offense taking up the slack until the defense got their feet under themselves. Now he has to break in a new QB as well as a new offensive coordinator (Sarkesian went to Washington). USC will still be strong but they are going to have more growing pains then Carroll was expecting (this doesn't break my heart too much - I hope we play them early again :D).

Mecca
01-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Alex Smith and Akili Smith were from spread style offenses....

I love how that gets overlooked people want to talk about experience talk about what systems they come from QB's from the spread routinely fail no matter the experience.

Sanchez has the type of mindset and talent that make it hard to believe he'll fail.

Hal McRae
01-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Alex Smith and Akili Smith were from spread style offenses....

I love how that gets overlooked people want to talk about experience talk about what systems they come from QB's from the spread routinely fail no matter the experience.

Sanchez has the type of mindset and talent that make it hard to believe he'll fail.

Fair point about the spread offenses Mecca. I guess only time will tell how this plays out, but the lack of game experience won't be be a positive for him.

That said, few have possessed his talent level from an early age. I mean I don't even pretend to follow high school recruiting and he was a nationally known quanity as a high school junior. So it's not likely he was Akili Smith (a failed pro baseball player) or Alex Smith (who no one recruited) that were wildly over-hyped after one great year in college.

Hal McRae
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Rick is my fav. problem is, because he takes it seriously.. he doesn't publish a gazillion different ones

Gosselin doesn't even get serious about the draft until the Combine. He's admitted that and I believe him after reading his early rankings a few months ago. He ranked Alabama LB Eziekiel Knight (sp?) among the top LB prospects in the nation. Based on talent, he was correct. But Knight was forced to retire 5 months earlier due to a injury or illness.

To me, this lends more credence to the idea that Gosselin merely recycles Blesto and National reports 9 to 10 months a year, then rides his good friend Gil Brandt's coat-tails come the spring for amazing insider info -- hence the awesome final mocks and top 100 lists.

Chiefnj2
01-31-2009, 10:15 PM

You know, **** it, an UDFA has never won a SB, therefore it will never happen.

Why are you so dishonest in your analysis. You'll say trends mean nothing, but discredit Bradford because he played in a spread.

To also say all the talent is on defense is a joke as well. They won about 80% of their games by blowouts. Look at the Penn highlights - his WR's are wide open.

Mecca
01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure how pointing out that the spread system doesn't prepare someone for the next level at all is a "trend"

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Why are you so dishonest in your analysis. You'll say trends mean nothing, but discredit Bradford because he played in a spread.

Are you fucking serious?

Apparently, you can't distinguish between discrediting someone because other QB's have failed in the past, and discrediting him because he's going to have to be taught basically from scratch how to be a NFL QB.

Playing in the spread has limited his NFL abilities.

He's going to have to learn to take snaps from center.

He's going to have to learn how to take a proper 3, 5 and 7 step drop.

He'll have to learn to quickly make his reads while making said drop. (It could be argued he'll have to learn to read a defense, period.)

OnTheWarpath58
01-31-2009, 10:25 PM

To also say all the talent is on defense is a joke as well. They won about 80% of their games by blowouts. Look at the Penn highlights - his WR's are wide open.

Thanks for basically admitting that the Rose Bowl was the only game you watched.

Seriously, just say you don't like Sanchez, and be done with it.

Otherwise, you look like a fucking retard making shit up in every thread he's mentioned.

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2009, 10:31 PM
nj is still butt hurt over Bradford and McCoy.

Mecca
01-31-2009, 10:38 PM
nj is still butt hurt over Bradford and McCoy.

I bet he'd love that Scott Wright podcast where he basically calls McCoy a bum.

DeezNutz
01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I bet he'd love that Scott Wright podcast where he basically calls McCoy a bum.

McCoy is Croyle sans the laundry list of injuries. Probably not even as physically talented or prepared, actually. But the injuries are coming at the next level with his frame.

Sam Hall
02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I think it will be Sanchez when it plays out. He will be the obvious pick.

I'm getting tired of the fighting between the Sanchez supporters and the Sanchez doubters. The Sanchez doubters have concerns, which the Sanchez supporters reject with disdain, but the Sanchez doubters make their share of outlandish comments. The Sanchez supporters are almost fanatical, and they treat the doubters like they're idiots. I think the truth is somewhere in between.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2009, 01:19 AM
McCoy is Croyle sans the laundry list of injuries. Probably not even as physically talented or prepared, actually. But the injuries are coming at the next level with his frame.

You might want to look over McCoy's injury history again.

Chiefnj2
02-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for basically admitting that the Rose Bowl was the only game you watched.

Seriously, just say you don't like Sanchez, and be done with it.

Otherwise, you look like a ****ing retard making shit up in every thread he's mentioned.

I've said numerous times that Sanchez had a very good first year. It's not a matter of me not liking him. If he went back to USC and had another year like the last one I'd have no problem drafting him with a top 5.

I'm done arguing Sanchez.

I've never said McCoy was a top 10 pick. People just want to make up shit if you disagree with them.

Enjoy the USC circle jerk.

DeezNutz
02-01-2009, 12:29 PM
You might want to look over McCoy's injury history again.

Did I screw the pooch on this one?

I know he's had shoulder stingers, concussions, and had a neck injury--or something like this after a pretty nasty hit.

I glanced at some of his season summaries, and wasn't seeing major knee injuries, etc. I freely admit that I could be wrong, though.