PDA

View Full Version : Music Iron Maiden movie in theaters April,20.

ChiefFripp
01-20-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112799

Must be limited showings or regions, they aren't that big in The States.

Reaper16
01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112799

Must be limited showings or regions, they aren't that big in The States.
Sarcasm, right?

ChiefFripp
01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Sarcasm, right?

They are big compared to other (most), Metal bands true, but big enough to open up in theaters all across the United States? No. South America and most European countries will be much better for them.

KCUnited
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Ed Force One. These guys are turning into KISS.

Reaper16
01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Ed Force One. These guys are turning into KISS.
They're a huge international brand. Might as well capitalize on that.

I saw them live last summer. They can still play; they've lost nothing live. Unlike KISS, Maiden is still relevant.

ChiefFripp
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
They're a huge international brand. Might as well capitalize on that.

I saw them live last summer. They can still play; they've lost nothing live. Unlike KISS, Maiden is still relevant.

After watching some of the footage from their last tour, I'd say Maiden are even playing more energetic and powerfully than at any time in their career. The last 3 Maiden studio efforts have also had some of their best music ever. I'd say the only way Maiden are similar to kiss is the way they try to cash in on merch. and live albums...and greatest hits collections every two years.

KCUnited
01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
After watching some of the footage from their last tour, I'd say Maiden are even playing more energetic and powerfully than at any time in their career. The last 3 Maiden studio efforts have also had some of their best music ever. I'd say the only way Maiden are similar to kiss is the way they try to cash in on merch. and live albums...and greatest hits collections every two years.

Yep.

jlscorpio
01-21-2009, 05:16 AM
I too saw them last summer. They're every bit the live Beasts that they were 20 years ago.