PDA

View Full Version : Electronics MP3 Players

Chief77
01-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey guys, I am getting ready to upgrade to a new mp3 player that also plays videos. I will probably only have 750-1000 songs, but want to be able to add music videos and a couple of movies. After some research, I have narrowed my search down to three choices.

Ipod Touch 8GB: This ipod looks fun, and has so many features it is probably my first choice. The wi-fi, games, and the big screen are all appealling. However, everyone says that the battery life sucks, and that with itunes you can only sync to one computer. I have never used a ipod, so I am not sure how that would work if I got a new computer in a year or two. Would I look all of the stuff bought off of itunes?

Samsung P2: This is another touchscreen player that is very interesting. The screen looks like it would be great for movies and pics, and everyone says it has great sould quality. Another big plus is the bluetooth capabilities. Not sure how hard video conversion is.

Cowon D2: This machine also looks awesome. Great battery life, lots of features and ability to adjust your music. Reviews say that the screen looks great for videos, but that this player is pretty small.

I am totally confused which one of these to go with, because they all have pros and cons. I really think the ipod touch looks great, but I don't know much about iTunes. To me the P2 looks the coolest, but I am not sure if I can figure out how to convert videos.

If anybody has these players, can you give me your thoughts or advice? It would be greatly appreciated because I really want one of these, and cant afford to buy the wrong one.

88TG88
01-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I have the touch and I love it. I had problems synicng music I bought from itunes on a new comp. You have to authorize it or some bs. Simple solution was to not buy music anymore.

patteeu
01-22-2009, 12:09 AM
If you buy a song from iTunes, it comes with a certain number of authorizations (I don't remember how many but let's say 4 for the sake of discussion). That means that in addition to the computer you bought it on, you can authorize it to play on up to 3 more computers. Once you authorize it on a new comp, it's not hard to sync your iTouch to the new comp and get back up and running. The thing you can't do (without 3rd party software at least) is move songs from one comp to another via your iTouch. It's no big deal really.

Any music you rip from your own CDs or that you download via peer file sharing can be moved to as many computers as you wish without the authorization hassle. You can still only sync your iTouch to one computer at a time, but again you won't have any problems.

Can't speak to the battery life too much, but based on surfing the web on my wife's iPhone, I suspect that video use will drain that sucker pretty quickly. I doubt you could come anywhere near watching a full length movie on one battery life.

QuikSsurfer
01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
ipod touch - I use the hell out of mine and absolutely love it.