PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Oscar nominations are in...

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Best motion picture of the year

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), A Kennedy/Marshall Production, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
* "Frost/Nixon" (Universal), A Universal Pictures, Imagine Entertainment and Working Title Production,Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Eric Fellner, Producers
* "Milk" (Focus Features), A Groundswell and Jinks/Cohen Company Production, Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, Producers
* "The Reader" (The Weinstein Company), A Mirage Enterprises and Neunte Babelsberg Film GmbH Production, Nominees to be determined
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), A Celador Films Production,Christian Colson, Producer

Achievement in directing

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), David Fincher
* "Frost/Nixon" (Universal), Ron Howard
* "Milk" (Focus Features), Gus Van Sant
* "The Reader" (The Weinstein Company), Stephen Daldry
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Danny Boyle

Performance by an actor in a leading role

* Richard Jenkins in "The Visitor" (Overture Films)
* Frank Langella in "Frost/Nixon" (Universal)
* Sean Penn in "Milk" (Focus Features)
* Brad Pitt in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.)
* Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" (Fox Searchlight)

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

* Josh Brolin in "Milk" (Focus Features)
* Robert Downey Jr. in "Tropic Thunder" (DreamWorks, Distributed by DreamWorks/Paramount)
* Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Doubt" (Miramax)
* Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.)
* Michael Shannon in "Revolutionary Road" (DreamWorks, Distributed by Paramount Vantage)

Performance by an actress in a leading role

* Anne Hathaway in "Rachel Getting Married" (Sony Pictures Classics)
* Angelina Jolie in "Changeling" (Universal)
* Melissa Leo in "Frozen River" (Sony Pictures Classics)
* Meryl Streep in "Doubt" (Miramax)
* Kate Winslet in "The Reader" (The Weinstein Company)

Performance by an actress in a supporting role

* Amy Adams in "Doubt" (Miramax)
* Penélope Cruz in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (The Weinstein Company)
* Viola Davis in "Doubt" (Miramax)
* Taraji P. Henson in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.)
* Marisa Tomei in "The Wrestler" (Fox Searchlight)

Best animated feature film of the year

* "Bolt" (Walt Disney), Chris Williams and Byron Howard
* "Kung Fu Panda" (DreamWorks Animation, Distributed by Paramount), John Stevenson and Mark Osborne
* "WALL-E" (Walt Disney), Andrew Stanton

Achievement in art direction

* "Changeling" (Universal), Art Direction: James J. Murakami, Set Decoration: Gary Fettis
* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Art Direction: Donald Graham Burt, Set Decoration: Victor J. Zolfo
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Art Direction: Nathan Crowley, Set Decoration: Peter Lando
* "The Duchess" (Paramount Vantage, Pathé and BBC Films), Art Direction: Michael Carlin, Set Decoration: Rebecca Alleway
* "Revolutionary Road" (DreamWorks, Distributed by Paramount Vantage), Art Direction: Kristi Zea, Set Decoration: Debra Schutt

Achievement in cinematography

* "Changeling" (Universal), Tom Stern
* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Claudio Miranda
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Wally Pfister
* "The Reader" (The Weinstein Company), Chris Menges and Roger Deakins
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Anthony Dod Mantle

Achievement in costume design

* "Australia" (20th Century Fox), Catherine Martin
* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Jacqueline West
* "The Duchess" (Paramount Vantage, Pathé and BBC Films), Michael O'Connor
* "Milk" (Focus Features), Danny Glicker
* "Revolutionary Road" (DreamWorks, Distributed by Paramount Vantage), Albert Wolsky

Best documentary feature

* "The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)" (Cinema Guild), A Pandinlao Films Production, Ellen Kuras and Thavisouk Phrasavath
* "Encounters at the End of the World" (THINKFilm and Image Entertainment), A Creative Differences Production, Werner Herzog and Henry Kaiser
* "The Garden" A Black Valley Films Production, Scott Hamilton Kennedy
* "Man on Wire" (Magnolia Pictures), A Wall to Wall Production, James Marsh and Simon Chinn
* "Trouble the Water" (Zeitgeist Films), An Elsewhere Films Production, Tia Lessin and Carl Deal

Best documentary short subject

* "The Conscience of Nhem En" A Farallon Films Production, Steven Okazaki
* "The Final Inch" A Vermilion Films Production, Irene Taylor Brodsky and Tom Grant
* "Smile Pinki" A Principe Production, Megan Mylan
* "The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306" A Rock Paper Scissors Production, Adam Pertofsky and Margaret Hyde

Achievement in film editing

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Lee Smith
* "Frost/Nixon" (Universal), Mike Hill and Dan Hanley
* "Milk" (Focus Features), Elliot Graham
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Chris Dickens

Best foreign language film of the year

* "The Baader Meinhof Complex" A Constantin Film Production, Germany
* "The Class" (Sony Pictures Classics), A Haut et Court Production, France
* "Departures" (Regent Releasing), A Departures Film Partners Production, Japan
* "Revanche" (Janus Films), A Prisma Film/Fernseh Production, Austria
* "Waltz with Bashir" (Sony Pictures Classics), A Bridgit Folman Film Gang Production, Israel

Achievement in makeup

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Greg Cannom
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), John Caglione, Jr. and Conor O'Sullivan
* "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" (Universal), Mike Elizalde and Thom Floutz

Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.),Alexandre Desplat
* "Defiance" (Paramount Vantage), James Newton Howard
* "Milk" (Focus Features), Danny Elfman
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), A.R. Rahman
* "WALL-E" (Walt Disney), Thomas Newman

Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)

* "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E" (Walt Disney), Music by Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman, Lyric by Peter Gabriel
* "Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Music by A.R. Rahman, Lyric by Gulzar
* "O Saya" from "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Music and Lyric by A.R. Rahman andMaya Arulpragasam

Best animated short film

* "La Maison en Petits Cubes" A Robot Communications Production, Kunio Kato
* "Lavatory - Lovestory" A Melnitsa Animation Studio and CTB Film Company Production, Konstantin Bronzit
* "Oktapodi" (Talantis Films) A Gobelins, L'école de l'image Production, Emud Mokhberi and Thierry Marchand
* "Presto" (Walt Disney) A Pixar Animation Studios Production, Doug Sweetland
* "This Way Up", A Nexus Production, Alan Smith and Adam Foulkes

Best live action short film

* "Auf der Strecke (On the Line)" (Hamburg Shortfilmagency), An Academy of Media Arts Cologne Production, Reto Caffi
* "Manon on the Asphalt" (La Luna Productions), A La Luna Production, Elizabeth Marre and Olivier Pont
* "New Boy" (Network Ireland Television), A Zanzibar Films Production, Steph Green and Tamara Anghie
* "The Pig" An M & M Production, Tivi Magnusson and Dorte Høgh
* "Spielzeugland (Toyland)" A Mephisto Film Production, Jochen Alexander Freydank

Achievement in sound editing

* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Richard King
* "Iron Man" (Paramount and Marvel Entertainment), Frank Eulner and Christopher Boyes
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Tom Sayers
* "WALL-E" (Walt Disney), Ben Burtt and Matthew Wood
* "Wanted" (Universal),Wylie Stateman

Achievement in sound mixing

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Mark Weingarten
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Lora Hirschberg, Gary Rizzo and Ed Novick
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Ian Tapp, Richard Pryke and Resul Pookutty
* "WALL-E" (Walt Disney),Tom Myers, Michael Semanick and Ben Burtt
* "Wanted" (Universal), Chris Jenkins, Frank A. Montaño and Petr Forejt

Achievement in visual effects

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Eric Barba, Steve Preeg, Burt Dalton and Craig Barron
* "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.), Nick Davis, Chris Corbould, Tim Webber and Paul Franklin
* "Iron Man" (Paramount and Marvel Entertainment), John Nelson, Ben Snow, Dan Sudick and Shane Mahan

Adapted screenplay

* "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount and Warner Bros.), Screenplay by Eric Roth, Screen story by Eric Roth and Robin Swicord
* "Doubt" (Miramax), Written by John Patrick Shanley
* "Frost/Nixon" (Universal), Screenplay by Peter Morgan
* "The Reader" (The Weinstein Company), Screenplay by David Hare
* "Slumdog Millionaire" (Fox Searchlight), Screenplay by Simon Beaufoy

Original screenplay

* "Frozen River" (Sony Pictures Classics), Written by Courtney Hunt
* "Happy-Go-Lucky" (Miramax), Written by Mike Leigh
* "In Bruges" (Focus Features), Written by Martin McDonagh
* "Milk" (Focus Features), Written by Dustin Lance Black
* "WALL-E" (Walt Disney), Screenplay by Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, Original story by Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Benjamin Button leads the way with 13.

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=nominees

Good for Heath! I hope he get's it.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 07:47 AM

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=nominees

DANE! Why does Hollywood have it's head up it's ass? I mean really...

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Benjermin button is going to be a movie sappy grade school teachers who never get laid are going to show their kids when it is snowing outside and they still aren't married

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Benjermin button is going to be a movie sappy grade school teachers who never get laid are going to show their kids when it is snowing outside and they still aren't married

Mmm...I'm thinking that would make a fine work of art. I hereby Commission said work!

Penz; get 'er done.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Robert Downey Jr. for his role in Tropic Thunder! ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Robert Down Jr. for his role in Tropic Thunder! ROFL

I generally avoid all movies with Stiller, but Downey Jr. IS an acting badass.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 07:59 AM
I generally avoid all movies with Stiller, but Downey Jr. IS an acting badass.

I didn't care for the movie at all, but RDJ was great.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 08:04 AM
James franco really lost himself in the role of a stoner trying to save his buba in Pinnapple express

RINGLEADER
01-22-2009, 08:05 AM

I love that he got nominated for this.

Slumdog Millionaire should win Best Picture IMO.

My favorite film released in the US this year was Tell No One (by a long shot) but it was actually a French film from 2006.

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2009, 08:05 AM
How is Ledger in a "supporting role"? He should be up for best actor. Of course I say all this and I'll never know who won any way, but still.

RINGLEADER
01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
DANE! Why does Hollywood have it's head up it's ass? I mean really...

<object width="480" height="400" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_1d76506803"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=1d76506803" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="400" flashvars="key=1d76506803" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_1d76506803" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:480px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1d76506803/the-curious-case-of-forrest-gump-from-fgump44" title="from FGump44">The Curious Case of Forrest Gump</a> - watch more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos</a></div>

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 08:07 AM
How is Ledger in a "supporting role"? He should be up for best actor. Of course I say all this and I'll never know who won any way, but still.

It's based on screen time, if I'm not mistaken.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:13 AM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_1d76506803" width="480" height="400">

<embed flashvars="key=1d76506803" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_1d76506803" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="400"></object>The Curious Case of Forrest Gump (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1d76506803/the-curious-case-of-forrest-gump-from-fgump44) - watch more funny videos (http://www.funnyordie.com/)

Exactly.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:14 AM
James franco really lost himself in the role of a stoner trying to save his buba in Pinnapple express

PE's the best comedy, NO doubt.

I like Franco, he's really starting to come around.

RINGLEADER
01-22-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd vote Sean Penn for Milk (though I'd personally like to see Mickey Rourke get it I think Penn just absolutely nailed that role)...Heath Ledger for Supporting...anyone but Anne Hathaway for Best Actress...and Viola Davis for Supporting...

the Talking Can
01-22-2009, 08:23 AM
benjamin button

give me a fucking break...that's the kind of movie a true fan would love

the Talking Can
01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
i wish "Let The Right One In" was nominated for best Foreign Film..

RINGLEADER
01-22-2009, 08:27 AM

Yep.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:29 AM

I can't wait to see that.

Count Zarth
01-22-2009, 08:29 AM
When is Lucas getting his lifetime achievement award?

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
When is Lucas getting his lifetime achievement award?

When he stops ****ing up his own movies and releases a worthy version of the original trilogy on DVD/Blu-Ray.

And when he stops making garbage like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Pile of Crap.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
When he stops ****ing up his own movies and releases a worthy version of the original trilogy on DVD/Blu-Ray.

And when he stops making garbage like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Pile of Crap.

Uh, there was ANOTHER person involved in that film, yes?

blaise
01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Spike Lee crying racism (even though Miracle at St. Anna was a disaster) in 3,2,1......

Cave Johnson
01-22-2009, 08:37 AM
There are 2 mortal locks on that list..... Heath Ledger and Man on Wire.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Uh, there was ANOTHER person involved in that film, yes?

You haven't been around long enough, I guess, to have read my views on why Lucas gets the blame for it. Not gonna rehash it again. Long story short, yes, Spielberg/Ford were involved, but Lucas gets the blame, fair or not.

Chief Chief
01-22-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought RDJ was much better in Ironman than in Tropic Thunder.

It's a shame that the actor doesn't get to nominate his best performance of the year for consideration. Now voters will snub RDJ's "worse" of his two acting roles and choose between one of the other four nominees instead.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:42 AM
You haven't been around long enough, I guess, to have read my views on why Lucas gets the blame for it. Not gonna rehash it again. Long story short, yes, Spielberg/Ford were involved, but Lucas gets the blame, fair or not.

Well WTF do you want from the OT? You got SE and OE; I don't see another possibility in the mix.

blaise
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
There are 2 mortal locks on that list..... Heath Ledger and Man on Wire.

I think Kate Winslet is almost a lock.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Well WTF do you want from the OT? You got SE and OE; I don't see another possibility in the mix.

I'm not up on all these abbreviations... so I don't know what you're asking.

But it did remind me of a scene in Good Morning, Vietnam:

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA., and then we'd all be put out in KP.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm not up on all these abbreviations... so I don't know what you're asking.

But it did remind me of a scene in Good Morning, Vietnam:

Uuuugghhh.....

Original Trilogy.

Special Edition.

Original Edition.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Uuuugghhh.....

Original Trilogy.

Special Edition.

Original Edition.

AH! See I thought you were talking about Indiana Jones.

WTF more do I want with the DVDs? How about a version that's actually made made for 16x9 viewing? The OT release on DVD was a fucking joke, and frankly, an insult to DVD buyers.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 08:58 AM
AH! See I thought you were talking about Indiana Jones.

WTF more do I want with the DVDs? How about a version that's actually made made for 16x9 viewing? The OT release on DVD was a fucking joke, and frankly, an insult to DVD buyers.

Ahh...format. Got it. :thumb:

DJJasonp
01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes....Go Mickey Rourke!!!

Garcia Bronco
01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
It's based on screen time, if I'm not mistaken.

Interesting. Personally I think of both Bale and Ledger as the leading roles for hte movie.

jynni
01-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Interesting. Personally I think of both Bale and Ledger as the leading roles for hte movie.
I'd say he was far from a lead role in the movie. Bale, Eckhart & Oldham had more screentime.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Benjamin Button looks to be Finchers "Titanic" like it or not.

Ive always felt Titanic was Camerons worst film (its still decent) but the Academy loves grand, sweeping epics with a love story.

Micjones
01-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Give Best Actor to Mickey Rourke.

KC_Connection
01-22-2009, 11:19 AM

I'm actually puzzled why the Wrestler wasn't norminated for Best Picture. But trying to understand the Academy is just too difficult...

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe the big boss man can crab the mic to talk shit on the acadamy at not selecting the wrestler. Then they can pan to the acadamy a on the take from the Millon Dollar man Ted Dibese and he can say "everyone has a price" Make it buttoN!

Nzoner
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm actually puzzled why the Wrestler wasn't norminated for Best Picture. But trying to understand the Academy is just too difficult...

If I'm going to watch an awards show it'll be The Independent Film Channel awards,I gave up on the AA's back in 2000 when Ellen Burstyn got snubbed for best actress in Requiem For A Dream for darling Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich

blaise
01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Maybe the big boss man can crab the mic to talk shit on the acadamy at not selecting the wrestler. Then they can pan to the acadamy a on the take from the Millon Dollar man Ted Dibese and he can say "everyone has a price" Make it buttoN!

I want to see Rowdy Roddy Piper interview Anne Hathaway in Piper's Pit and then get all mad and smash a chair over her head.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I want to see Rowdy Roddy Piper interview Anne Hathaway in Piper's Pit and then get all mad and smash a chair over her head.

hatheway in a gown like elizebeth used to wear in the 80's with the huge hair and shoulder pads.

Jilly
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm upset at Benjamin Button..That movie sucked. I can see the make up and/or acting, but the movie itself was awful

Ebolapox
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I didn't care for the movie at all, but RDJ was great.

pump ya brakes, kid. that man is a national treasure

ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
pump ya brakes, kid. that man is a national treasure

ROFL

I KNOW you ain't laughin' at RDJ! That motherfucker can out-act Brad Pitt just by executing a good fart.

the Talking Can
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
<object width="480" height="400" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_1d76506803"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=1d76506803" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="400" flashvars="key=1d76506803" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_1d76506803" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:480px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1d76506803/the-curious-case-of-forrest-gump-from-fgump44" title="from FGump44">The Curious Case of Forrest Gump</a> - watch more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos</a></div>

wow, perfect

Ebolapox
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I KNOW you ain't laughin' at RDJ! That motherfucker can out-act Brad Pitt just by executing a good fart.

ROFL

errrr...... that's a quote from tropic thunder

:spock:

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Tugg Speedman: There were times while I was playing Jack where I felt...
[pause]
Tugg Speedman: ...retarded. Like, really retarded.
Kirk Lazarus: Damn!
Tugg Speedman: In a weird way I had to sort of just free myself up to believe that is was ok to be stupid or dumb.
Kirk Lazarus: To be a moron.
Tugg Speedman: Yeah!
Kirk Lazarus: To be moronical.
Tugg Speedman: Exactly, to be a moron.
Kirk Lazarus: An imbecile.
Kirk Lazarus: Like the dumbest mother fucker that ever lived.
Tugg Speedman: [pause] When I was playing the character.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Ebolapox
01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Tugg Speedman: There were times while I was playing Jack where I felt...
[pause]
Tugg Speedman: ...retarded. Like, really retarded.
Kirk Lazarus: Damn!
Tugg Speedman: In a weird way I had to sort of just free myself up to believe that is was ok to be stupid or dumb.
Kirk Lazarus: To be a moron.
Kirk Lazarus: To be moronical.
Tugg Speedman: Exactly, to be a moron.
Kirk Lazarus: An imbecile.
Kirk Lazarus: Like the dumbest mother fucker that ever lived.
Tugg Speedman: [pause] When I was playing the character.
ROFL

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
he was a gat damn war hero. you know any war hero's who are retarded

Micjones
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM

For the same reason good comedies never get consideration.
The Academy has very rigid BP criteria.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
ROFL

errrr...... that's a quote from tropic thunder

:spock:

Ahh So...:D:thumb:

Molitoth
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
No mention of "Gran Torino" or Clint Eastwood???? Garbage.

blaise
01-22-2009, 01:48 PM
No mention of "Gran Torino" or Clint Eastwood???? Garbage.

I had to laugh when that douche over at Fox 4, Shawn Edwards, gave Gran Torino zero out of 5 stars. That dude is a useless waste of time.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I had to laugh when that douche over at Fox 4, Shawn Edwards, gave Gran Torino zero out of 5 stars. That dude is a useless waste of time.

As a former movie reviewer, who frequently went to press screenings with that guy, I can say with a great deal of authority, other critics in the area feel the same way.

The guy is a joke. Seriously, all he wants is to get his name and quote in an ad for the movie.

I had the producers of Underworld call me one time asking to use my quote. Confused, I asked them what they had me down as saying.

The said the quote they had was, "It's like Blade meets The Matrix."

I said they were welcome to use my quote, if they used the entire thing, unedited, which was, "It's like Blade meets The Matrix, but not as good as either."

They declined my offer.

ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 02:31 PM
As a former movie reviewer, who frequently went to press screenings with that guy, I can say with a great deal of authority, other critics in the area feel the same way.

The guy is a joke. Seriously, all he wants is to get his name and quote in an ad for the movie.

I had the producers of Underworld call me one time asking to use my quote. Confused, I asked them what they had me down as saying.

The said the quote they had was, "It's like Blade meets The Matrix."

I said they were welcome to use my quote, if they used the entire thing, unedited, which was, "It's like Blade meets The Matrix, but not as good as either."

They declined my offer.

ROFL

I love Clint; he's a complex guy with some very refined tastes.
But that story( GT ) has been told 100,000 times.

unothadeal
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM

That was my first reaction. He was really good in it though IMO but there's really no way he's going to win with Heath being nominated too, even if RDJ deserves it more.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I love Clint; he's a complex guy with some very refined tastes.
But that story( GT ) has been told 100,000 times.

Havent seen the movie, but from what ive read and seen it looks pretty basic and simple.

I love Clint. Definately one of my all time faves, but i cant help but think that people are overrating it a tad because they feel it might be his acting swansong.

Molitoth
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Havent seen the movie

I stopped there.

blaise
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Edwards gave it zero popcorn bags because he said it was racist.

Fire Me Boy!
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Edwards gave it zero popcorn bags because he said it was racist.

I haven't seen the movie. But Edwards is both a whore and a moron.

blaise
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
He thought White Chicks was a great movie.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Havent seen the movie, but from what ive read and seen it looks pretty basic and simple.

I love Clint. Definately one of my all time faves, but i cant help but think that people are overrating it a tad because they feel it might be his acting swansong.

Swansong? Did he say he might be hanging it up?

Fruit Ninja
01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope Rourke wins, he was amazing in the Wrestler.

cardken
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Would be a great story. Man, watch "Diner"," Pope of Greenwich Village", he was a star. He was a victim of 80's excess, when he was on his game, there was no one cooler.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Would be a great story. Man, watch "Diner"," Pope of Greenwich Village", he was a star. He was a victim of 80's excess, when he was on his game, there was no one cooler.

That's true, but we should give the Oscar to Shanahan because Claythan loves him.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
BAAHHHHHH!!! WEIRD NEW LAYOUT!

Midnight_Vulture
01-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow doesnt surprise me that there are a lot of uncultured morons on here. :rolleyes:

The hate for Benjamin Button is ridiculous. They dont make films like that anymore. It was filmmaking on the grandest scale. A true epic work of art.

I hope it wins 12 Oscars just to piss you haters off.
(I hope Mickey Rourke wins over Brad Pitt though for Best Actor)

Jenson71
01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow doesnt surprise me that there are a lot of uncultured morons on here. :rolleyes:

The hate for Benjamin Button is ridiculous. They dont make films like that anymore. It was filmmaking on the grandest scale. A true epic work of art.

You look so sophisticated with your fucking gay hat tilted like that.

Reaper16
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM

I thought it was only three stars out of four, marred by overwhelming Forest Gump-ness, but more importantly I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a premise still in search of a character.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Brad must have really enjoyed his "Midnight Hummer", yes?

Gravedigger
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM

thats the first thing I noticed too LAWL

the Talking Can
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM

it was made for boring, sentimental white people who live in suburbs and read chicken soup for the soul when they're feeling guilty about being bourgeois...

Mecca
01-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I wonder if Nick Cage regrets backing out of the wrestler now...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-22-2009, 08:46 PM
benjamin button

give me a fucking break...that's the kind of movie a true fan would love

ROFLROFL

googlegoogle
01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
academy awards = only american movies.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I thought it was only three stars out of four, marred by overwhelming Forest Gump-ness, but more importantly I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a premise still in search of a character.

Didn't he make some other time-traveling, "old is young" type-movie a few years ago?

Deberg_1990
01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I wonder if Nick Cage regrets backing out of the wrestler now...

Probably not. He already has his Oscar. All he cares about now is getting $$paid$$.

blaise
01-22-2009, 09:20 PM
He's supposedly starring in a remake of the Bad Lieutenant, which I can't really understand. I don't see how he can do better than Keitel.

Darth CarlSatan
01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
He's supposedly starring in a remake of the Bad Lieutenant, which I can't really understand. I don't see how he can do better than Keitel.

You're shitting me!?

That is just a bad, bad, horrible, god-awful idea. The original is just fine.

Let's just file that one away in the "Warriors"-remake with Travolta dumpster.

Fuckin' lame-assed Hollywood! :cuss:

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I wonder if Nick Cage regrets backing out of the wrestler now...That movie wouldn't have worked without Rourke.

KcMizzou
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
That movie wouldn't have worked without Rourke.No doubt.

Nick Cage? Ugh...

Rourke was perfectly cast.

sportsman1
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM

I disagree. That movie was great because Clint delivered it, and delivered it only the way Clint could. Maybe not best picture.. but Clint deserves something for it.

Frost/Nixon Btw really surprised me. It was done in taste, and told the story a lot better than I thought it would. I enjoyed watching it.