PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

KcMizzou
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Season one is on Netflix instant now.

Setsuna
02-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Season one is on Netflix instant now.

That's messed up though. I already see vampire diaries and a whole bunch of new shows on netflix when this show has been out for years and they're just putting S1 up. That's bullsh*t.

WhiteWhale
02-05-2012, 02:25 AM
My point has nothing to do with being a fanboy. I can understand bitching about the portrayal of ness in something like the TV and film versions of The Untouchables. Whereas complaining about historical innacuracy with a genre show just makes you look like a douche. Which would I guess be historically accurate. Either way, it doesn't really have a place in this thread.

It was a simple comment and your panties are all bunched. That's a fanboy reaction. Calm down.

keg in kc
02-05-2012, 08:17 AM
This week's episode was actually pretty darn good.

Dean's baby's momma was pretty sexy. Sucks to see your spawn die like that though. I suppose it was bound to happen. Oh well. I think the boys should rethink their views on monsters. If they are genuine, let them go, if they kill again, exterminate. If Cass was still there, they could send him to take em out with a SNAP!I thought it made for some good symmetry with what Dean did to Jewel Staite's character. Although I don't think he was going to pull the trigger, and Sam saved his life. His daughter was totally playing him.

Setsuna
02-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I thought it made for some good symmetry with what Dean did to Jewel Staite's character. Although I don't think he was going to pull the trigger, and Sam saved his life. His daughter was totally playing him.

Completely agree. No man could kill his own daughter. What do you think Dean is thinking. Is he going to start trying to settle down now? I mean I feel like they keep hinting him down that path or something. Can't explain it.

keg in kc
02-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure where they're going with it. He's cracking, that's all I can tell so far. Everybody they've ever relied on is gone and the leviathans are propped up as maybe the worst thing they've faced, which is saying something. Not sure how they can end this season on a positive note (not that they ever end any season on a positive note).

Bowser
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
This season has been enjoyable, but I keep wondering when they're going to get into the meat of the Leviathan story. There's usally a reference to them every episode, but by and large not much going on since Dick snuffed Bobby.

keg in kc
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
There's only been three episodes since Bobby died. I think the next couple are monster of the week, though. Evil clowns next week should be good. Castiel's back in a month, I think (ep 17? next friday is 15), and then he's in two more episodes. So that's probably tied to the leviathans.

I actually don't mind that we aren't seeing them, because the digital effects for them are pretty god-awful.

Bowser
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
There's only been three episodes since Bobby died. I think the next couple are monster of the week, though. Evil clowns next week should be good. Castiel's back in a month, I think (ep 17? next friday is 15), and then he's in two more episodes. So that's probably tied to the leviathans.

I actually don't mind that we aren't seeing them, because the digital effects for them are pretty god-awful.

Good points, and as soon as I replied, I realized I wasn't thinking about the mid season break, heh.

And I do agree about the effects. Throw a couple more dollars into the F/X budget, for crying out loud. And isn't Acevedo from the Shield in another show right now? They may be having scheduling conflicts with some of the "name" Leviathans.

Bump
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I've been waiting to watch this show, guess I'll at least check out the first season.

Bowser
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I've been waiting to watch this show, guess I'll at least check out the first season.

It's good stuff. Like most shows that survive this long, it drags in parts, and the sibling crap gets a bit pedantic from time to time, but overall it's been one of my favorite shows over the past number of years. Hopefully you enjoy it.

Setsuna
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM

You'll jizz from how good it is.

ThaVirus
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Started watching this a month or two in recommendation from a friend. I'm just about done with season 3 now.
Castiel just showed up. Holy balls, angels are tits. Its funny because they played up the yellow eyed demon as the ultimate badass. Then once Dean shot him with the Colt, Lilith was the bad bitch that no demon would double cross. Then Castiel shows up and burns out demons eyes just at the sight of him. I'm looking forward to seeing more angels. It would be cool to see Michael. Wonder how powerful he'd be.

Anyway, I like both Sam and Dean. Think they have good chemistry together. It definitely made Tall Tales my fave episode so far. When they were telling the story about what happened from their own perspective and Dean made Sam out to be a big pussy. "You're just too precious for this world" LMAO

Bowser
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Started watching this a month or two in recommendation from a friend. I'm just about done with season 3 now.
Castiel just showed up. Holy balls, angels are tits. Its funny because they played up the yellow eyed demon as the ultimate badass. Then once Dean shot him with the Colt, Lilith was the bad bitch that no demon would double cross. Then Castiel shows up and burns out demons eyes just at the sight of him. I'm looking forward to seeing more angels. It would be cool to see Michael. Wonder how powerful he'd be.

Anyway, I like both Sam and Dean. Think they have good chemistry together. It definitely made Tall Tales my fave episode so far. When they were telling the story about what happened from their own perspective and Dean made Sam out to be a big pussy. "You're just too precious for this world" LMAO

Yeah, you're in for a treat the more you watch. Good stuff to come. I would recommend you avoid this thread, however. Many spoilers to be had if you're not current with the show.

keg in kc
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
"We don't even have friends. All our friends are dead."

Never were truer words spoken.

ThaVirus
03-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, you're in for a treat the more you watch. Good stuff to come. I would recommend you avoid this thread, however. Many spoilers to be had if you're not current with the show.

Yeah, I saw that. I caught my first spoiler and stopped reading any further. Good stuff. I had originally thought I was midway through season 3, but I was actually at the end. Now I'm midway through season 4.

Suicide teddy was pretty hilar LMAO

Bowser
03-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I caught my first spoiler and stopped reading any further. Good stuff. I had originally thought I was midway through season 3, but I was actually at the end. Now I'm midway through season 4.

Suicide teddy was pretty hilar LMAO

Heh, that was a good episode. The writers on the show do a good job bringing in levity from time to time, because face it, this is some pretty dark subject matter they're dealing with.

Now hurry up and get your ass caught up to present, so the rest of us don't have to chat using spoilers. :)

Bowser
03-25-2012, 08:58 PM
"We don't even have friends. All our friends are dead."

Never were truer words spoken.

As big of a "no shit" moment on that show as I can remember. Heh.

ThaVirus
03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Heh, that was a good episode. The writers on the show do a good job bringing in levity from time to time, because face it, this is some pretty dark subject matter they're dealing with.

Now hurry up and get your ass caught up to present, so the rest of us don't have to chat using spoilers. :)

No, go ahead and chat about it in the open. I'm going to stay away from this thread until I finish. I'll probably be done in a couple weeks.

Bowser
03-25-2012, 09:06 PM
No, go ahead and chat about it in the open. I'm going to stay away from this thread until I finish. I'll probably be done in a couple weeks.

Have fun. Look forward to hearing your takes.

keg in kc
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Bobby!!!

keg in kc
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM
They've handled this completely telegraphed bobby thing really well. It fits in with something that's been part of the show since very early on, trying to work with monsters (always backfires). That last line, 'what're the odds that this ends well? what're the odds?" and the look bobby has afterwards was great stuff.

Bowser
04-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Just watched the latest ep. It had the feel of one of the first seasons to it. This season has been heavy with the throwback feel, to me, anyway. It's been enjoyable, but I wonder how much longer they can keep it going....

ThaVirus
04-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Almost done with season 6 now. Its obvious this show blew its load with Lucifer in season 5...

Frosty
04-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Almost done with season 6 now. Its obvious this show blew its load with Lucifer in season 5...

I didn't really care all that much for season 6. I think it has gotten better since, though.

Bowser
05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Huh. Talk about fast forwarding the plot.

And I didn't see that end coming, even though I should have.

keg in kc
05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Something seemed off to me the whole episode.

keg in kc
05-06-2012, 03:07 PM
BTW, it's been renewed for season 8.

Bowser
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Something seemed off to me the whole episode.

Probably the fact it was Cas, but not Cas.

And that there was a heavy dose of the angel/demon/leviathan characters, where this season has been suprisingly light on all three.

On top of all that, the whole ep just had a "rushed" feel to it.

keg in kc
05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
On top of all that, the whole ep just had a "rushed" feel to it.I think that was it. It felt rushed right from the get-go, like they were cramming a couple of episodes together.

keg in kc
05-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh shit. Awesome ending.

AustinChief
05-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh shit. Awesome ending.

meh, I was really disappointed with the episode. It seemed like they were building up to something bigger and better all season.

keg in kc
05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
meh, I was really disappointed with the episode. It seemed like they were building up to something bigger and better all season.There was never solid follow through on the leviathan arc at any point during the season. It really never seemed to get off the ground as the central season arc, I didn't expect any more than what we got, and I was happy with it. They wrapped-up Bobby's story the way it needed to be done, Crowley got to be Crowley and stab everybody in the back, and Sam and Dean got split up again, like they do basically every finale.

Essentially they wiped season 7 and set up for season 8. Which makes since, because Sara Gamble stepped-down as show runner and Jeremy Carver is taking over. I think Carver's done a good job running the American version of Being Human with his wife so I feel pretty good about that. It's just a guess at this point, but I would expect season 8 to be more like it was under Kripke (he left after season 5).

And the awesome part I was referring to was only the bit about Dean being in Purgatory and then Cas just abandoning him as the monsters close in. LMAO

keg in kc
05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
There isn't a Grimm thread, so I'm going to post about that here, too, since they were on at the same time. I really enjoyed that show by the end of the season. Looking forward to seeing where it goes. The twist at the end of the finale tonight should have been obvious, but I totally didn't see it coming.

Hopefully with Supernatural moving to Wednesdays (which I think is great, there hasn't been a show I watch on that night for a while now) some of the Supernatural audience can bleed over. I'd like to see Grimm stick around more than 2 years.

Sad thing is, I guess Friday night will kind of empty now with Supernatural moving and Fringe ending. Only Grimm.

Oh, and Community will be the lead-in for Grimm, since that's where NBC has put it to die.

Bowser
05-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah, Cas going AWOL on Dean with the beastly things closing in was pretty crappy. I guess this means we haven't seen the last of Dick Roman?

Sam being TRULY by himself, if only for a bit, will be interesting. No Dean, Bobby, Cas, Meg....only Crowley making his life hell, and some lost Leviathans. Interested to see where it goes from here.

I kind of agree with AustinChief, though. It don't grad a hold of me for being a season finale, until the end. Safe to say I liked it more than AC.

Chieficus
05-19-2012, 08:24 AM
And the awesome part I was referring to was only the bit about Dean being in Purgatory and then Cas just abandoning him as the monsters close in. LMAO

I wasn't really a fan of the "let's put Dean in Purgatory" part... I mean we've already had Dean in hell, we've already had Sam in hell... could they not have thought of something else than "ooo, let's leave Dean in Purgatory!"

But the Cas abandoning him part--I wonder from what Cas said earlier about dying and being brought back as some sort of punishment, if maybe he's not the one who abandoned Dean...maybe he had no choice in the matter?

Valiant
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I am fine with Dean in Purgatory because we get to see him there.. He will have to go up against probably a lot of vanquished foes.. Sam will have to get the geeky kid, find Meg, new ally and deal with the remaining leviathans..

Frosty
05-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I liked the finale and also thought that the "see you next season" comment by the Alpha in the previous show was pretty funny (and telling).

Any chance that Bobby ended up in Purgatory, due to his vengeful spirit breakdown?

QuikSsurfer
05-23-2012, 07:59 AM
So I just started this show on netflix - never watched an episode - it's prettahhhh good. I'm only on S1E4 but I am enjoying it.

bevischief
05-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Curious to see what next season brings...

Bowser
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
So I just started this show on netflix - never watched an episode - it's prettahhhh good. I'm only on S1E4 but I am enjoying it.

Huh. I figured a show like this would be right up your alley.

Hopefully you stick with it. It's still an enjoyable show now.

cabletech94
07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
just watched the finale today.

i agree with most that this season was rather bland. could have been better. could have been much worse.
it did seem a bit compact. coulda been a little bit deeper imo. but that's why i'm a fan and not a writer or producer.
really excited for the next season. i believe mid october. i do want badass cas back though.

Setsuna
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
I liked the CGI used for Roman's death scene. Honestly I've never seen that type of effect used throughout the whole series and hopefully that is telling of how the new guy will try to take things in terms of special effects. Excited! FYI Dean is going to be saved by his daughter. Lulz.

keg in kc
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EMbEQ1KCgls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
By the sound of that trailer, it looks like they're gearing up for a series finale.

KC_Lee
09-08-2012, 05:25 PM
By the sound of that trailer, it looks like they're gearing up for a series finale.

I agree but the whole "One year later" thing looks kind of cheap.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Again.

keg in kc
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm actually disappointed they're apparently going back to the leviathan angle. I thought that was by far the weakest season arc, and now we get a 2nd year of it.

As far as series finale goes, they could easily spread that whole 'close the gates of hell' thing over a couple years.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm actually disappointed they're apparently going back to the leviathan angle. I thought that was by far the weakest season arc, and now we get a 2nd year of it.

As far as series finale goes, they could easily spread that whole 'close the gates of hell' thing over a couple years.

X2 on the Leviathan story. It's a nice backdrop to come back to every now and again but enough is enough. Bring back supersize Cas and let's get some angel-devil-demon-prophet shit going.

Frosty
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I think the main problem with the leviathans was that they made them too powerful. The writers had to pull out too many convoluted plot devices to keep pulling Sam and Dean out of the leviathans' grasp (deus ex machina).

I did like how they were able to mix in a lot of "monster of the week" episodes, though.

I wonder if a series finale story arc could involve the Winchesters finding God (literally, not spiritually). The angels keep implying that God is missing.

keg in kc
09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah, they have to find God at some point.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, they have to find God at some point.

Watch it be Cas.

KC_Lee
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Watch it be Cas.

They did that 2 seasons ago. Cas became as powerful as God.

vailpass
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
They did that 2 seasons ago. Cas became as powerful as God.

Yeah I remember when Cas took over for God but wasn't God. Maybe God will be a hot-ass demon chick?
That'd work.

Bowser
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I think the main problem with the leviathans was that they made them too powerful. The writers had to pull out too many convoluted plot devices to keep pulling Sam and Dean out of the leviathans' grasp (deus ex machina).

I did like how they were able to mix in a lot of "monster of the week" episodes, though.

I wonder if a series finale story arc could involve the Winchesters finding God (literally, not spiritually). The angels keep implying that God is missing.

I caught a re-run on TNT last week where the outcast angel Anna said that there were only four angels she knew of that have actually seen God. It was just speculation on my part, but if they are going to wrap the show, finding God has to be the end game, you would think. Just don't let it turn into a Contact type moment where they find God, and he turns out to be Jeffery Dean Morgan.

And I agree about the Leviathan storyline. Least interesting baddies yet. But, Castiel pretty much wiped the angels off this plane of existence, and Crowley has his minions laying low. We'll see how it goes. (And wasn't it implied by Crowley after Dick was killed that the Leviathans would still be around, but nowhere as powerful? I can't quite recall....)

vailpass
09-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I caught a re-run on TNT last week where the outcast angel Anna said that there were only four angels she knew of that have actually seen God. It was just speculation on my part, but if they are going to wrap the show, finding God has to be the end game, you would think. Just don't let it turn into a Contact type moment where they find God, and he turns out to be Jeffery Dean Morgan.

And I agree about the Leviathan storyline. Least interesting baddies yet. But, Castiel pretty much wiped the angels off this plane of existence, and Crowley has his minions laying low. We'll see how it goes. (And wasn't it implied by Crowley after Dick was killed that the Leviathans would still be around, but nowhere as powerful? I can't quite recall....)

Yes. Cut off the head and the body won't know what to do. Kind of a half-ass solution it seemed to me.

AustinChief
09-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Um, guys... they already showed who God was a long time ago...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2fm05fTof1qada28o1_500.png

keg in kc
09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hNUJ2nUkZME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
09-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Ah, man. Is Dean going to be the "soulless" one this year? Or is there some big bad baddie inside of him, waiting to destroy all that is?

keg in kc
10-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Just a friendly reminder, show's moved to Wednesday, premiere is tonight.

vailpass
10-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Thank you sir, did not know that. Thankfully the DVR does.

Fish
10-03-2012, 04:48 PM

:eek:

:toast:

KC_Lee
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Thoughts on the premiere anyone? Kind of weak in my opinion. They really need to think about wrapping the series up.

keg in kc
10-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought it was pretty good. There's an undercurrent with Dean like something's wrong, but they left it vague. I'm wondering if he did something to Cas to get himself and the other dude out. The dog and doc thing was a little weird, but I'm hoping that gets explained a bit more.

KC_Lee
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I thought it was pretty good. There's an undercurrent with Dean like something's wrong, but they left it vague. I'm wondering if he did something to Cas to get himself and the other dude out. The dog and doc thing was a little weird, but I'm hoping that gets explained a bit more.

My wife said the same thing about Cas & Dean getting out.

Seraphim
10-06-2012, 12:17 AM
My wife said the same thing about Cas & Dean getting out.

Well honestly Cas abandoned him as he was being surrounded. Wasn't even funny.

cabletech94
10-06-2012, 07:19 PM
so, here's my q.

was the thing that hitched a ride in dean a vamp, or a leviathon?

i know it'll be explained later on, but in my opinion, we haven't seen the last of castiel.

Fish
10-06-2012, 07:24 PM
so, here's my q.

[spoiler] was the thing that hitched a ride in dean a vamp, or a leviathon? [spolier]

i know it'll be explained later on, but in my opinion, we haven't seen the last of castiel.

A. You spelled spoiler incorrectly at the end.
B. You need the "/" tag on the one at the end. Like this "/spoiler"

:thumb:

And to answer, I thought it was a vamp.

cabletech94
10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
A. You spelled spoiler incorrectly at the end.
B. You need the "/" tag on the one at the end. Like this "/spoiler"

And to answer, I thought it was a vamp.

oh my gawd. i'm so stooopid!

spell check much?

thats kinda what i was thinking myself.

i kinda got the goosebumps when dean comes out of purgatory and is all crazy like and looking to kill something. BAD-ASS!

Fish
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
oh my gawd. i'm so stooopid!

spell check much?

thats kinda what i was thinking myself.

i kinda got the goosebumps when dean comes out of purgatory and is all crazy like and looking to kill something. BAD-ASS!

All but naked in a loin cloth. Wide eyed, obsidian axe thing in hand.. that was cool.

I'm really wanting to know what's up with Cass though. Can't wait for the rest of that storyline.

cabletech94
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
All but naked in a loin cloth. Wide eyed, obsidian axe thing in hand.. that was cool.

I'm really wanting to know what's up with Cass though. Can't wait for the rest of that storyline.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Setsuna
10-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Well apparently...

It seems Dean "left" Cass as he was escaping Purgatory somehow. And damn, Dean can't stop forgetting about his experience there. I suppose he actually took on what he says he is...a hunter. That seems pretty awesome actually. Constantly pumping adrenaline in your body can be like a drug it seems. Pure ecstasy in the thrill of the chase. Great episode. Also....poor Kevin. :(

Bump
10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I just started watching this on netflix. About 5 or 6 episodes deep in season 1. I've been meaning to watch this after hearing good things. But it's a bit cheesy don't you think? They haven't started on any main story line yet with the father, they just mention him once in every episode. But I'm struggling to want to watch this, it's so cheesy! But does it get better? it lasted for so many seasons, I figured it has to.

Bowser
10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I just started watching this on netflix. About 5 or 6 episodes deep in season 1. I've been meaning to watch this after hearing good things. But it's a bit cheesy don't you think? They haven't started on any main story line yet with the father, they just mention him once in every episode. But I'm struggling to want to watch this, it's so cheesy! But does it get better? it lasted for so many seasons, I figured it has to.

Yeah, it definitely picks up. Seasons 3-5 are some of the best escapist TV around. But be warned - the brotherly angst shit never really goes away (and you may not even really be at the point where they get all emo-fucky with each other yet).

Hang in there. It's a great show overall. As a bonus, there's a never ending stream of hottie chicks that make appearances over the seasons.

keg in kc
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Hated last week's. Except for the very end.

Hopefully a good one tonight.

keg in kc
10-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Now that was a hell of an episode.

Valiant
10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it was fucking amazing all around.. Hopefully the guy that plays Benny gets picked up by more shows.. Good actor.. His character they gave him is awesome..

ThaVirus
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM

It's one of the best shows I've ever watched.

I liked it from the very beginning though.

Bowser
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Kearney, Mo. Represent, y'all.

keg in kc
11-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Kearney, Mo. Represent, y'all.Sure painted a sterling image. LOL

Bump
11-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, it definitely picks up. Seasons 3-5 are some of the best escapist TV around. But be warned - the brotherly angst shit never really goes away (and you may not even really be at the point where they get all emo-****y with each other yet).

Hang in there. It's a great show overall. As a bonus, there's a never ending stream of hottie chicks that make appearances over the seasons.

I just dont like how everything always comes together at the very last second perfectly for them. It's sooooo cheesy right now. I stopped watching, maybe I'll get back into it. I don;t know though, I'm not excited to keep watching.

keg in kc
11-17-2012, 03:19 AM
I just dont like how everything always comes together at the very last second perfectly for them. Heh. You sure you're watching the same Supernatural as the rest of us?

KurtCobain
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
I stopped watching a year or two ago, after Sam was brought back from hell with a wall in his brain... Is it worth it to catch up since then, or has it gone to shit?

keg in kc
11-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Really loved this week's episode, some classic one-liners and hilarious cartoon action, but the Sam flashbacks are getting to be a bit much. It's like wedging a soap-opera into the middle of the episode.

Frosty
11-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Really loved this week's episode, some classic one-liners and hilarious cartoon action, but the Sam flashbacks are getting to be a bit much. It's like wedging a soap-opera into the middle of the episode.

Yeah, I hope they aren't going to do that through the whole season.

keg in kc
11-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I hope they aren't going to do that through the whole season.It's got to lead somewhere, probably next week in the midseason finale. Didn't he just get up and leave without saying anything to her in the premiere? I get setting up a backstory, but it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.

I kept hoping her dad's eyes would go black. LMAO

Lex Luthor
11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
It was hilarious when Cas decided to play bad cop. I couldn't stop laughing.

Cas may be my favorite character on this show.

keg in kc
12-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Pretty weak midseason finale.

Valiant
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
http://lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/images/92720839004711740610.gifhttp://lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/images/92720839004711740610.gif

keg in kc
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Funny gif. Liked the start to the second half.

keg in kc
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Holy shit, classic episode tonight.

"...killed by belladonna."

"The pornstar?"

Blank stare.

LMAO

bevischief
01-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Holy shit, classic episode tonight.

"...killed by belladonna."

"The pornstar?"

Blank stare.

LMAO

ROFL

keg in kc
01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Odd sort of infodump episode tonight. Sort of like it, sort of think it's silly. Will really depend on where it goes from here.

ThaVirus
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it was a strange one.

So what's the move now? Use the key to decode the demon tablet? I can't imagine the Winchesters passing on the opportunity to close the gates of hell forever with the key in hand.

.. But, of course, they'll have to worry about someone else getting a hold of it. I'll bet Crowley comes after it and tries to find the angel tablet.

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Holy shit. Ghostfacers was on TNT this morning and I hadn't seen it for a couple years so I dvr'd it. I'd forgotten just how ****ing hilarious that ep was. LMAO

keg in kc
02-11-2013, 02:51 PM
The Winchester brothers are getting a 9th season.

Fish
02-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Woot!

Sorter
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Just started this show. Not bad.

bevischief
04-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Just started this show. Not bad.

TNT is your friend.

keg in kc
04-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Just got caught up on the last month. Holy cow, a couple of great episodes (with pretty much a dud in the middle with the kid hunters).

All of the Bennie stuff makes sense now, great to see Castiel get reset, and have Naomi involved with them directly now, and to see Bobby one last time.

Balls!

Bowser
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Just got caught up on the last month. Holy cow, a couple of great episodes (with pretty much a dud in the middle with the kid hunters).

All of the Bennie stuff makes sense now, great to see Castiel get reset, and have Naomi involved with them directly now, and to see Bobby one last time.

Balls!

More Bobby = good

I believe that was our first look into Hell, as well. Well, minus watching the brothers get tortured in their own personal pits, that is.

Setsuna
04-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I was hoping they wouldn't run into any demons down there because honestly to have them still be in human form was down right stupid. They would literally be in their hideous true forms when they're already in the place they reside. So stupid. So very stupid. I mean maybe a silhouette of this hulking, growling, slimy abomination as you hear it sliding, drudging along the floor. Then they hurry and escape. That upset me to no end and I've lost faith in the show because of it.

ThaVirus
04-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Although, now that you mention it, your idea sounds much better than what they did, it didn't really bother me.

Coincidentally, I did happen to wonder what happens to their "meat suits" when they go back to hell though.

ThaVirus
04-07-2013, 12:20 AM
This show has definitely lost its burst since the Lucifer season. That season was fucking epic.

keg in kc
04-07-2013, 02:38 AM
I thought hell was a bit of a let down as a cliche castle dungeon, but I thought that was far outweighed by seeing bobby again, and by benny playing the hero one last time. It gave all the early season flashbacks to purgatory and his character arc some meaning. Hopefully the same will happen with Sam's vet girlfriend at some point.

KurtCobain
04-09-2013, 07:02 AM
This show has definitely lost its burst since the Lucifer season. That season was fucking epic.

Without a doubt.

It really could've ended perfectly with a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot themed last stand during the apocalypse.

Sorter
04-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Welp, bummer about Gabriel. Liked that guy.

Sorter
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Caught up, although I did skip/FF through a few episodes.

Show should have ended at season 6 IMO.

Setsuna
04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Gabriel went out like a punk. Lucifer took him out in seconds. It was pathetic. And watch tomorrow!!!!

Sorter
04-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Gabriel went out like a punk. Lucifer took him out in seconds. It was pathetic. And watch tomorrow!!!!

It was extremely underwhelming. Rumor is they're going to bring him back though...

Setsuna
04-27-2013, 10:34 PM
It was extremely underwhelming. Rumor is they're going to bring him back though...

I don't see how. But I think Felicia Day would be better as a regular because I'm getting tired of Kevin, he's young but he sucks at acting. His "mom" was better.

Silock
04-28-2013, 02:31 AM
Please tell me that it gets better. I'm on episode four of season one and I'm waiting to be impressed.

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Please tell me that it gets better. I'm on episode four of season one and I'm waiting to be impressed.Although I liked the whole season, the latter half of season 1 is where it really kicked in for me. The finale and then the first couple episodes of season 2 are what hooked me for good.

Valiant
04-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Dvr captured a separate episode of supernatural then the new one. How does that happen. Also. Has there only been a couple new episodes lately? Last one I have seen is the prophet vanishing.

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I think there's only been one since the prophet vanished. They have recent ones available for streaming on the CW website: http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/supernatural/full-episodes

Sorter
04-28-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't see how. But I think Felicia Day would be better as a regular because I'm getting tired of Kevin, he's young but he sucks at acting. His "mom" was better.

They can bring back whoever and just say "God's Will" and everyone will just eat it up.

That's the nice thing about this show. How many times have Dean, Sam and Bobby died in this show?

Setsuna
04-28-2013, 08:03 PM
They can bring back whoever and just say "God's Will" and everyone will just eat it up.

That's the nice thing about this show. How many times have Dean, Sam and Bobby died in this show?

God isn't even around or did you watch it? Those you named are humans and go to 2 places. Heaven or Hell. The celestial beings are scattered into nothingness when they are killed. You can't bring them back. Monsters go to Purgatory. The only way you can is most likely with the Angel Tablet. It can probably remake angels, destroy angels, and create angels.

Sorter
04-28-2013, 08:04 PM
God isn't even around or did you watch it? Those you named are humans and go to 2 places. Heaven or Hell. The celestial beings are scattered into nothingness when they are killed. You can't bring them back. Monsters go to Purgatory. The only way you can is most likely with the Angel Tablet. It can remake angels, destroy angels, and create angels.

Boom.

Gabriel back in by the end of next season.

Setsuna
04-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Boom.

Gabriel back in by the end of next season.

ROFL I wrote that wrong. It hasn't been confirmed. It's only been said to destroy all the Angels. I'm speculating creation and revival. But why else would Castiel feel he needed to protect it from Naomi as well AND Dean. It must have other properties.

keg in kc
05-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Holy shit, didn't expect that.

They left a lot unfinished, though.

Sorter
05-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Metatron's a dick

Setsuna
05-17-2013, 04:39 PM
That was one of the best one's I've ever seen.

keg in kc
07-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Just a recap of last season...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e1lOsPFw3xc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, they've confirmed that the 20th episode of the season will be a backdoor pilot for a spin-off series centered around a new character. And they're apparently introducing something major this season that may even last beyond the 10th season (which they already have contracts for...), which everyone had expected to be the last.

kepp
08-26-2013, 12:33 PM
So I watched seasons 1 - 7 of this on Netflix...I'm definitely hooked. I was waiting for season 8 to come out on blu ray/dvd September 10th, but I found it online. I've watched eps 1 & 2 so far and I'm glad to hear they're doing a 9th season.

Setsuna
08-26-2013, 08:00 PM
So I watched seasons 1 - 7 of this on Netflix...I'm definitely hooked. I was waiting for season 8 to come out on blu ray/dvd September 10th, but I found it online. I've watched eps 1 & 2 so far and I'm glad to hear they're doing a 9th season.

Yeah it's amazing for a CW show.

Fish
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Also, they've confirmed that the 20th episode of the season will be a backdoor pilot for a spin-off series centered around a new character. And they're apparently introducing something major this season that may even last beyond the 10th season (which they already have contracts for...), which everyone had expected to be the last.

Supernatural Beyond: The Garthing

Setsuna
08-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Supernatural Beyond: The Garthing

I bet it's Felicia Day.

keg in kc
08-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Rumor is that it doesn't have anything to do with her.

Fish
08-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I bet it's Felicia Day.

Day is cute, but she's not really a good actress...

kepp
08-27-2013, 08:36 AM

Is she the hacker chick from season 7 (realize, I'm just starting season 8)? I thought she was really good.

Fish
08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Is she the hacker chick from season 7 (realize, I'm just starting season 8)? I thought she was really good.

She's the redhead. Can't remember when she first appeared though.

This one:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2013/66uv.jpg

ThaVirus
08-27-2013, 08:49 AM
I think that chick is ugly.

Frosty
08-27-2013, 08:54 AM

She played the exact same (quirky) character in Supernatural and Eureka. She appears to be a one trick pony. I don't mind her in small doses but I don't think I would want to watch a show based on her character.

Fish
08-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I think that chick is ugly.

Well.. she has a really odd mouth that doesn't seem to function correctly half the time, and it makes her look quirky and weird. But I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything...

She can go from this:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9500/eopm.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4223/d2ej.jpg

To this:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4656/tngh.jpg

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 01:22 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pKfq-_04ejE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina
09-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Maybe it has improved over time, I don't know. I watched about 5 of the beginning episodes, and never went back. There was just something very annoying about the brothers... especially the older one. Too much glibness, arrogance, peacock-strutting garbage that made me want to slap him for being such a cocky douche.

Much prefer characters like Jack Shephard from LOST. Capable and interesting, but humble and kind. Not some punk kid trying to act cool and suave.

ThaVirus
09-14-2013, 09:11 AM
That's just Dean's character and it never changes.

That's a shame though. You're missing out on a great show.

Fish
09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Maybe it has improved over time, I don't know. I watched about 5 of the beginning episodes, and never went back. There was just something very annoying about the brothers... especially the older one. Too much glibness, arrogance, peacock-strutting garbage that made me want to slap him for being such a cocky douche.

Much prefer characters like Jack Shephard from LOST. Capable and interesting, but humble and kind. Not some punk kid trying to act cool and suave.

LOL... how silly.

This show is incredible.

ThaVirus
09-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Well.. she has a really odd mouth that doesn't seem to function correctly half the time, and it makes her look quirky and weird. But I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything...

She can go from this:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9500/eopm.jpg

Holy hell, that's the same chick?

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Holy hell, that's the same chick?Makeup and photoshop.

ragedogg69
09-14-2013, 02:26 PM
She played the exact same (quirky) character in Supernatural and Eureka. She appears to be a one trick pony.

It is funny you say that. During a reddit AMA I asked her if she was worried about that.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1b2l6n/i_am_felicia_day_cofounder_of_geek_sundry_actor/c93022r

Yes I am actually very aware of that and turn down roles now. After Holly on Eureka and Charlie on Supernatural, I feel like I've done that, let's move on. I'm really into comedy and want to do roles that push the envelope a bit, so when I have time to go out and act on more stuff I'll be very picky

kepp
10-02-2013, 02:50 PM

It took me watching about half of the first season to really get into it. After that though, it really takes off. I'd suggest going back to it and watching season 1 in its entirety.

kepp
10-03-2013, 11:30 AM
So I just finished watching season 8 and all the season 9 sneak peek videos. I'm really looking forward to next week's premier with all the new developments. And for those that hadn't heard, its been moved to Tuesday nights at 8 CST.

keg in kc
10-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Interesting read on the upcoming season:'Supernatural' Season 9 Premiere: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki And Bob Singer Preview 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Season (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/supernatural-season-9-premiere-ackles-padalecki_n_4019453.html)

As Jeremy Carver told us at Comic-Con, the season will also utilize far more of the show's recurring players than ever before. "We're really including some of our supporting characters in big ways this year," he said. "We're doing a lot more B and C stories than you've ever seen from the show before, and we're really maximizing the new position that some of our favorite characters are finding themselves in."

Because of that, Singer was prompted to compare the season to a certain hit HBO series. "[This season is] a multi-character, multi-level character drama. Obviously not of the scope of 'Game of Thrones,' but you have all these different worlds going on simultaneously and they cross-pollinate," he explained. "We left so many balls in the air and we have so many great characters that we haven't paid off that we're kind of telling a … I hesitate to say 'soap opera,' but that kind of character-driven, multilayered storytelling."

As Padalecki pointed out, the fallen angels will present a whole new type of challenge in Season 9, one that Ackles admitted the brothers aren't particularly well-equipped to deal with. "We don't quite know how they're going to navigate the [angel] situation because it's a new situation, and I think it's out of the scope of Dad's journal," he said. "They still have the Men of Letters at their fingertips to utilize any knowledge that they might have, but I think it's going to be a lot of trial and error. They're not quite sure what the angels' intentions are; we don't know if they're friend or foe; we don't know if it might be a case-by-case basis. So I think they're under the impression 'if we stick together we can make it through anything, so here we go.'"(More at the link)

keg in kc
10-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Enjoyed the premiere. Good to see Jim Beaver show up, albeit briefly.

It was the most watched ep of the show since 2010, which is amazing to me since it's now up against NCIS and Agents of SHIELD. Good sign, I'd say.

kepp
10-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I enjoyed it also. I watched the first 8 seasons on Netflix over the last few months, so its cool to be watching the current episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
10-10-2013, 09:56 AM
And again, the DVR fucks me. Great equipment, TWC.

bevischief
10-10-2013, 11:19 AM
I liked as well just watched it last night.

keg in kc
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
And again, the DVR ****s me. Great equipment, TWC.Have you switched out for one of the magical new "record 4 channels at once" models?

I'm still using one of the old ones, have 9 more episodes of GoT to watch from the spring.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Have you switched out for one of the magical new "record 4 channels at once" models?

I'm still using one of the old ones, have 9 more episodes of GoT to watch from the spring.

No I have not. Sounds like I need to add an errand to the "to do" list.

Bowser
10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
No I have not. Sounds like I need to add an errand to the "to do" list.

That being said, it looks like Supernatural was just magically removed from my record list through no actions of my own. Assholes.

Setsuna
10-12-2013, 12:27 PM
That being said, it looks like Supernatural was just magically removed from my record list through no actions of my own. Assholes.
Metatron does not want want you to watch.....

Valiant
02-14-2014, 07:02 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/83876274/

Sure-Oz
02-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Never watched this but see its on Netflix. i assume i should start?

Bowser
02-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Never watched this but see its on Netflix. i assume i should start?

Yeah, you should. This show would be up your alley. The show does drag from time to time, but overall it's a pretty decent way to spend an hour.

Sure-Oz
02-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah, you should. This show would be up your alley. The show does drag from time to time, but overall it's a pretty decent way to spend an hour.

I like Jensen Ackles (sp?) as a voice in a batman cartoon and he had some solid episodes in Smallville which i liked a long time ago. added to netflix

ThaVirus
02-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Anyone watching the season that's currently airing? I think I'm just going to wait for it to hit Netflix.

keg in kc
02-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I've kept up with this season. It's been good so far I think, no real standout episodes yet, one or two weak ones, but as whole pretty steadily good.

Renewed for a 10th season a couple days ago, too, though not a big surprise. It's one of CW's highest rated shows.

keg in kc
02-26-2014, 10:30 PM
I was just thinking it had been a while since we'd seen the ghostfacers. Couple of the funniest eps of the series, they could use one of those right now.

Valiant
02-27-2014, 01:35 AM
I was just thinking it had been a while since we'd seen the ghostfacers. Couple of the funniest eps of the series, they could use one of those right now.

Hopefully, they should be introducing the spin off characters here soon for supernatural: tribes. Such a horrible name.

Lex Luthor
02-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Anyone watching the season that's currently airing? I think I'm just going to wait for it to hit Netflix.
This season reminds me a lot of the first couple of seasons: most episodes have a plot that is resolved at the end of the episode. There are obviously some storylines that continue from week to week, but they don't dominate the entire show like they have in recent seasons.

I like this season better than the last several seasons.

Molitoth
02-27-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm new to this show and absolutely love it.

Already in mid season 3.

Rausch
02-27-2014, 09:47 AM

Already in mid season 3.

It only gets better...

ThaVirus
02-27-2014, 11:12 AM

Already in mid season 3.

You're in for a treat. The show peaks in, I think, season 4 or 5 when Lucifer shows up. Unfortunately, it seems it blew its wad at that point..

keg in kc
02-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Hopefully, they should be introducing the spin off characters here soon for supernatural: tribes. Such a horrible name.Yeah, episode 20 according to what I've read. It doesn't sound much like Supernatural, though. More like another Vampire Diaries spinoff with Supernatural in the title.

Molitoth
03-11-2014, 09:12 PM
In Season 5 now. Gabriel was awesome.

http://media.tumblr.com/d4a7a65940441b4c71ca1be7a6643982/tumblr_inline_mswzgrSxXw1qz4rgp.gif

AustinChief
03-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Hopefully, they should be introducing the spin off characters here soon for supernatural: tribes. Such a horrible name.

It's been renamed to Supernatural : Bloodlines .. but it still looks to be a teen oriented show.

Valiant
05-03-2014, 12:31 AM
It's been renamed to Supernatural : Bloodlines .. but it still looks to be a teen oriented show.

Holy shit.

Just saw tonights episode introducing them.

They already have the vampire diaries. A monster high college reunion mafia series is what they think people want?

Shit, remake the Kindred series then. That would do great.

keg in kc
05-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it was awful.

OldSchool
05-03-2014, 02:08 AM

Was shitty. I didn't feel any compassion for the "new guy" at all. Dude just annoyed me and reminded me of Drake in his demeanor. Love Supernatural but that spin-off casting just doesn't cut it. Really poor acting on his part.

ragedogg69
05-03-2014, 05:03 PM
My wife is a huge Supernatural fan. I told her she would be watching the spinoff herself. She told me she thought that sucked too. And this was coming from someone that watches a lot of that CW crap.

Setsuna
05-07-2014, 11:05 PM
That blade don't play. What do you think the blade is doing to him? Do you think it's taking his morality away?

OldSchool
05-08-2014, 03:56 AM
That blade don't play. What do you think the blade is doing to him? Do you think it's taking his morality away?

Likely taking his humanity away and tarnishing his soul. Pretty much slowly turning into a demon I think, one on par with the Knights of Hell.

keg in kc
05-08-2014, 03:08 PM
No Bloodlines on the fall schedule. Thank god.

Better job this week. Mark Sheppard delivers again.

Setsuna
05-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Likely taking his humanity away and tarnishing his soul. Pretty much slowly turning into a demon I think, one on par with the Knights of Hell.

On par or better? He trashed Abbadon. Although was Cain a demon? He didn't seem like it but who knows.

ragedogg69
05-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I would love next season if they did a sort of Sam vs Dean cat and mouse for Dean's soul.

keg in kc
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
They have to play the brother killing angle with the mark of Cain. They've teased it all season.

Valiant
05-11-2014, 02:22 PM
On par or better? He trashed Abbadon. Although was Cain a demon? He didn't seem like it but who knows.

Abbadon went out weak. Total let down.

Hopefully, Bloodlines had enough shit reviews to push it ways back or off the board.

There is one more season left. The end of this season will probably have them turn on each other. Next season, I am guessing both die. But how, by what, and for what reason?

Be fun if they were the new rulers of heaven and hell. See some cameos from them since their acting careers are likely done.

keg in kc
05-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Bloodlines was completely scrapped.

And Supernatural may go more than 10 seasons.

OldSchool
05-12-2014, 03:21 AM

Thank God, that story line seemed way too forced and the acting from those people was just annoying. Absolutely zero compassion for those new characters they tried to introduce.

Setsuna
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Abbadon went out weak. Total let down.

Hopefully, Bloodlines had enough shit reviews to push it ways back or off the board.

There is one more season left. The end of this season will probably have them turn on each other. Next season, I am guessing both die. But how, by what, and for what reason?

Be fun if they were the new rulers of heaven and hell. See some cameos from them since their acting careers are likely done.

That's what I've been thinking about for a while. Would be fitting. There would be peace finally perhaps?

Valiant
05-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Are you kidding me? link?

Valiant
05-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Thank God, that story line seemed way too forced and the acting from those people was just annoying. Absolutely zero compassion for those new characters they tried to introduce.

Agreed, give it to fucking Garth and ghostfacers. Add a few females and bam. See if Felicia Day wants in.

Could have evil Dean, and good Sam have cameos every now and then.

That would be a good show I would watch.

keg in kc
05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Are you kidding me? link?If you mean more than 10 seasons, no, I'm not. All the actors' deals end after next season, but it's never been set in stone as being the final season in any way. Various producers have talked about the possibilities of the show running indefinitely.

From ComicCon last year (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27889/-supernatural-to-go-beyond-ten-seasons):Last we heard, current show runner Jeremy Carver came onboard at the start of the eighth season last year with a planned arc that would see the series come to a logical end at the close of the tenth season in May 2015.

Appearing at Comic Con over the weekend though, Carver has apparently changed his mind and sees the show going beyond that thanks to a storyline being implemented in the upcoming ninth season.

Carver says: "We think of the general arch, and we allow for happy accidents. I think people would be stunned to know what were happy accidents and seemed liked it had been planned all along. I think me, personally, I have an obligation to plan forward for an arc, but also to keep the show in a position where, if they wanted to go for season 11, 12… 19, it can."

Actor Jared Padalecki added: "With this season – and this isn’t just a line – we can go for however as long as [viewers] and the writers want it to. We opened so many doors – and that’s another thing we did last year. We, the writers – the royal 'we' – we opened doors; we didn’t kill this or stop that, we just left to where we can do anything now, and what they’ve chosen to do is just so awesome."There's been some talk about Jensen Ackles moving into film (he actually passed on Hawkeye in the avengers, reportedly). So who knows.

In other news, Misha Collins has signed a deal to return as a regular next season.

keg in kc
05-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Aw shit. Should've seen that coming. One brother's an angel half the year, why not turn the other into a demon. Could be an interesting twist to next year.

Valiant
05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
If you mean more than 10 seasons, no, I'm not. All the actors' deals end after next season, but it's never been set in stone as being the final season in any way. Various producers have talked about the possibilities of the show running indefinitely.

From ComicCon last year (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27889/-supernatural-to-go-beyond-ten-seasons):There's been some talk about Jensen Ackles moving into film (he actually passed on Hawkeye in the avengers, reportedly). So who knows.

In other news, Misha Collins has signed a deal to return as a regular next season.

Fuck, he would of made a great hawkeye.

Valiant
05-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Aw shit. Should've seen that coming. One brother's an angel half the year, why not turn the other into a demon. Could be an interesting twist to next year.

I said it before, I want the brothers leading heaven and hell.

My nerd perfect scenario.

For season 11, before ruling heaven and hell. Sam and Dean make Castiel and Crowely human to relieve their burdens and set up the new Men of Letters for them. Garth and Day are part of the Letters. Maybe ghostfacers.

Sam and Dean in leading lost a good chunk of their followers and spend most of their time reigning them in so they are there only for maybe every couple episodes.

My only problem, how many more stories can they tell? The leviathans killed most of the other older gods. And everything else has been played out. I would love most of the monsters in purgatory to get out and start over for the group.

But hopefully god is not the one to do it. I have a feeling he will show up again and say it was all part of his plan.

keg in kc
05-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.

Valiant
05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.

I think that is because they get to basically play themselves.

Silock
05-21-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.

Bowser
05-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.

That's right in the middle of the Leviathan storyline, isn't it?

ragedogg69
05-23-2014, 06:50 AM
Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because I wanted to see what Casteal would be like as the new God. That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.

kepp
05-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because I wanted to see what Casteal would be like as the new God. That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.

Yes. Season 5 was the pinnacle. Hopefully they can produce that quality again.

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 08:47 AM
I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.

kepp
05-23-2014, 10:32 AM
I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.

The writing is floundering a bit...no doubt. But I think that the finale could open up into a good season 10. I'm hoping anyway, because it's my favorite show.

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I think the lack of Bobby Singer has really hurt. Jim Beaver basically turned every episode he was in into a good one, and most of the best ones featured him.

Bowser
05-23-2014, 03:14 PM
I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.

ragedogg69
05-23-2014, 03:30 PM
I dont disagree with this season being kinda meh. It is what it all could be setting up for next season that makes me like it. Now if they do the whole first 5 minutes of next season, Dean is fine, I call bullshit on this season for setting up nothing.

bevischief
05-23-2014, 03:34 PM
I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.

Yep can't wait to see what next season brings.

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 03:35 PM
The demon tablet hasn't been destroyed (IIRC) so that must come into play somehow. I don't think there's any other way to 'fix' Dean, because he's not possessed. He's a demon. Although I guess they did establish something with the Men of Letters and Abbadon, now that I think back. The blood ceremony. Either way, my immediate thought was "next king of Hell right there, Crowley has a protege". It's not like Dean doesn't know the place intimately already.

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Awesome, Sheppard's been upped to a regular for season 10: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/23/mark-sheppard-series-regular-supernatural/

Bowser
05-23-2014, 05:25 PM
The demon tablet hasn't been destroyed (IIRC) so that must come into play somehow. I don't think there's any other way to 'fix' Dean, because he's not possessed. He's a demon. Although I guess they did establish something with the Men of Letters and Abbadon, now that I think back. The blood ceremony. Either way, my immediate thought was "next king of Hell right there, Crowley has a protege". It's not like Dean doesn't know the place intimately already.

Crowley, King of Hell

Dean Winchester, Knight of Hell

Hope they're not afraid to take the story and get it a bit dirty.

Bowser
05-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Which brings up a question - what happened to the original Cain?

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Which brings up a question - what happened to the original Cain?He's the new police chief in Santa Barbara.

Brando
05-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Just started watching this on Netflix due to this thread. Thank you!

keg in kc
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Hope you like it!

Season one can be pretty campy at times, but it's still good, and it really kicks into high gear by the finale.

Valiant
05-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Just started watching this on Netflix due to this thread. Thank you!

I heard the soundtrack is different on streaming. To me the rock gets each episode pumping.

kepp
05-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Which brings up a question - what happened to the original Cain?

My thought on that has to do with what Crowley said to Dean when he died. He mentioned that Cain died, but the first blade wouldn't let go of him. And then when Crowley placed the blade in Dean's hands, he came to as a demon. I'm guessing that the first blade has the "transforming" power. So if I stick to my theory, Cain is dead.

keg in kc
05-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Cain seemed different somehow. Demon free agent. Maybe Dean will still remain somewhat himself.

Bowser
05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Cain seemed different somehow. Demon free agent. Maybe Dean will still remain somewhat himself.

Just enough demon abilities to go find the original Ruby, hopefully.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131225054901/supernatural/images/8/82/Ruby_(1).jpg

keg in kc
05-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Just enough demon abilities to go find the original Ruby, hopefully.The Winchesters go to Starling City.

Bowser
05-28-2014, 10:16 PM
The Winchesters go to Starling City.

Heh, is that where she ended up? That's another show I want to watch, but I don't want to jump into the middle of the story....

OldSchool
05-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Just enough demon abilities to go find the original Ruby, hopefully.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131225054901/supernatural/images/8/82/Ruby_(1).jpg

Yeah, why the hell did they ever switch girls for that role? Original Ruby was smoking.

Bowser
05-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Yeah, why the hell did they ever switch girls for that role? Original Ruby was smoking.

I think the girl that played the next Ruby ended up marrying Jared Padaleki. Or was that Meg? Too many hot ass demon chicks on this show....

OldSchool
05-30-2014, 05:23 AM
I think the girl that played the next Ruby ended up marrying Jared Padaleki. Or was that Meg? Too many hot ass demon chicks on this show....

Yeah, it was the nect Ruby, not Meg. First Ruby was way better though. Dean's girl was pretty good too.

Valiant
05-30-2014, 06:45 PM
My thought on that has to do with what Crowley said to Dean when he died. He mentioned that Cain died, but the first blade wouldn't let go of him. And then when Crowley placed the blade in Dean's hands, he came to as a demon. I'm guessing that the first blade has the "transforming" power. So if I stick to my theory, Cain is dead.

That would make sense. Human Cain was turned to a demon, blade would not let him die. Now Dean has all of those powers and gifts. He is basically on par with Crowley.

To balance this Sam will need powers which hopefully leads them to leading both sides and then a quality spin off.

kepp
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
That would make sense. Human Cain was turned to a demon, blade would not let him die. Now Dean has all of those powers and gifts. He is basically on par with Crowley.

To balance this Sam will need powers which hopefully leads them to leading both sides and then a quality spin off.

So I just re-watched it over lunch. Crowley actually says that its the mark that wouldn't let Cain go, not the blade.

Valiant
06-02-2014, 07:13 PM
So I just re-watched it over lunch. Crowley actually says that its the mark that wouldn't let Cain go, not the blade.

I think they go hand in hand.

I am sure they will show that his anger is amplified when holding the blade as to it being secured away.

keg in kc
09-13-2014, 10:25 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mD0dJRFcvYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna
09-13-2014, 01:44 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mD0dJRFcvYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well F me. That crap better not be the entire season. This is Dean Winchester we are talking about here. These 2 boys aren't your normal humans. They can freaking break the possession of the likes of Lucifer and Dean probably could have with Michael too. How the f does he not remember all the crap he's lived through as a human and how does seeing Sam not bring it all rushing back. I did hear Cas say "It's not Dean...right now," but still. He better not be killing people though or else he needs to get got.

kepp
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Season 10 premiere tonight!

ThaVirus
10-07-2014, 01:18 PM
They haven't even put season 9 on Netflix yet. Slacker bitches..

kepp
10-07-2014, 02:29 PM
They haven't even put season 9 on Netflix yet. Slacker bitches..

Ha...I just got an email from Netflix saying that season 9 is now available.

ThaVirus
10-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Ha...I just got an email from Netflix saying that season 9 is now available.

Hah.

Same. Maybe I should start bitching more often. Seems to get shit done.

kepp
10-29-2014, 09:57 AM
So that "Dean is a demon" plot line kind of fizzled out, huh? I expected much more mayhem and struggle between the Winchester bros.

ragedogg69
10-29-2014, 11:37 AM
So that "Dean is a demon" plot line kind of fizzled out, huh? I expected much more mayhem and struggle between the Winchester bros.

The most disappointing plot line I have looked forward to since House/Cuddy 'shipping on House, MD.

Also last night's episode sucked. Nice to bring back a former guest star, but it was predictable as hell. Other than Dean's mark, they are going back to square one.

ragedogg69
11-12-2014, 07:14 AM
The 200th episode was the most pandering, tumbler-baiting, fan service thing I have ever seen....

and I loved every second of it.

keg in kc
11-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it was great.

JakeLV
11-12-2014, 09:51 AM
The 200th episode was the most pandering, tumbler-baiting, fan service thing I have ever seen....

and I loved every second of it.

I saw a preview for it. Do they say what happened to Chuck at all?

keg in kc
11-12-2014, 10:07 AM
I saw a preview for it. Do they say what happened to Chuck at all?No comment.

kepp
11-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I really, really liked that episode.

keg in kc
01-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Renewed for season 10.

Which I'm glad because I like the show, although other than the musical 200th I haven't been feeling this season very much.

kepp
01-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Renewed for season 10.

Which I'm glad because I like the show, although other than the musical 200th I haven't been feeling this season very much.

Season 11, actually.

keg in kc
01-12-2015, 02:36 PM
You are correct, sir.

keg in kc
01-21-2015, 01:52 AM
Solid start to the back half.

kepp
01-28-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm not feelin' this season so far. Not sure why.

ragedogg69
01-28-2015, 02:04 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode. At first I was annoyed that they turned Charlie into a bad ass killer. The explanation was good enough. Why Felicia Day got such a bad hair cut is beyond me.

keg in kc
01-28-2015, 03:19 PM
I liked it too. Felicia Day is such a weird looking girl.

ragedogg69
01-28-2015, 04:19 PM
See what suck the most about her is she has made bank on that girl next door, nerd type chick. Then she went out and got that "I hate my dad" haircut and one guy on twitter said he wouldnt listen to her podcast anymore because of it, the feminists took the narrative as anything negative said about her is an attack on all women.

It's like you cant have an opinion of her anymore.

ragedogg69
05-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Well this season sucked balls.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm about to watch the season 5 finale. I started watching the show because of this thread.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM_zpstutqpus5.gif (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM_zpstutqpus5.gif.html)

ThaVirus
05-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Cherish these moments. This show blew its load with Lucifer.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Cherish these moments. This show blew its load with Lucifer.

I figured that might be the case.

"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul to say I'm better'n you."

That was cool.

keg in kc
05-21-2015, 05:06 PM
It's had some great individual episodes, but yeah, none of the season-long arcs have really held up to season 5. I haven't watched last night's finale yet.

RobBlake
05-21-2015, 05:16 PM
i always hated the main dude cause he was bangin' my boy tom welling's gal in smallville lol

Bowser
05-21-2015, 08:34 PM
It's had some great individual episodes, but yeah, none of the season-long arcs have really held up to season 5. I haven't watched last night's finale yet.

https://morganrlewis.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/excalibur_pdvd_1156.jpg?w=640

"Moments. Fleeting moments."

This season could really have been bad ass, but it got dragged down by the brother angst shit. If this show keeps going, they have GOT to cap that. Have the bros hug it out and get to kicking ass, or something.

keg in kc
09-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Neat promo...

(spoiler tagged for autoplay. fuck autoplay)
<iframe src="http://www.eonline.com/videos/embed/240227" width="610" height="344" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

kepp
09-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Looks like it could be a good season. Can't wait for all these premieres in October.

keg in kc
10-05-2015, 05:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cjDjj2AW4lY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking
10-05-2015, 07:21 PM

This season could really have been bad ass, but it got dragged down by the brother angst shit. If this show keeps going, they have GOT to cap that. Have the bros hug it out and get to kicking ass, or something.

I'm still in season 2 and am having trouble going back to the show because of this. If I wanted to watch women squabble there's plenty of daytime TV that fills the same void. Knowing that it is still going 8 seasons later makes me cringe thinking about starting back up.