PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Guitar Hero: Metallica

QuikSsurfer
01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Setlist revealed: (and also, preorders of disk sku bring an extra pedal for your double kick needs)
Hits stores March 29th
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837

http://dashboard.metallica.com/ivergence/image/GH_screen2.jpg

Metallica Tracks

All Nightmare Long
Battery
Creeping Death
Disposable Heroes
Dyers Eve
Enter Sandman
Fade To Black
Fight Fire With Fire
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Fuel
Hit The Lights
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
Mercyful Fate (Medley)
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Orion
Sad But True
Seek And Destroy
The Memory Remains
The Shortest Straw
The Thing That Should Not Be
The Unforgiven
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Wherever I May Roam
Whiplash

If you downloaded the "Death Magnetic" album for Xbox and PS3, those ten songs will play in their entirety in the full game mode. PS2 and Wii versions (coming in the Spring, most likely in early May) will include "Broken Beat & Scarred," "Cyanide" and "My Apocalypse" since they are not compatible with the Death Magnetic downloadable content.

Other Artists

Alice In Chains - No Excuses
Bob Seger - Turn The Page
Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross
Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone
Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
Mastodon - Blood And Thunder
Mercyful Fate - Evil
Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
Samhain - Mother of Mercy
Slayer - War Ensemble
Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster
Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head
System of a Down - Toxicity
The Sword - Black River
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

QuikSsurfer
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Whiplash?
This is a buy.

QuikSsurfer
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Album breakdown

Kill 'Em All
Hit The Lights
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy

Ride the Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
Fade to Black
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Creeping Death

Master of Puppets
Battery
Master of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Orion

...And Justice For All
One
Shortest Straw
Dyer's Eve

Metallica(Black Album)
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

Load
King Nothing

ReLoad
Fuel
The Memory Remains

St. Anger
Frantic

S&M
No Leaf Clover

Garage Inc.
Mercyful Fate(Medley)

Death Magnetic
All Nightmare Long

Reaper16
01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Dyer's Eve? WIN

The lack of The Four Horsemen, Of Wolf and Man? FAIL

Lack of The House That Jack Built? Totally expected but nonetheless sad.

ZootedGranny
01-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Definitely buying it, I just wish they'd release standalone drums so I can get in on some double pedal action.

okcchief
01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Definitely buying it, I just wish they'd release standalone drums so I can get in on some double pedal action.

If you reserve the game at gamestop you get a foot pedal with a splitter that will allow you to play double bass for free.

I can't fucking wait for this one!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73600

L.A. Chieffan
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
is it true you can load songs onto a SD card and gh world tour will convert it so you can play them on the wii? if thats true, shit, you can play every song metallicas ever made if you want

Johnny Vegas
01-24-2009, 04:02 PM
is it true you can load songs onto a SD card and gh world tour will convert it so you can play them on the wii? if thats true, shit, you can play every song metallicas ever made if you want

it better not be a downloaded song or Lars will find you and kill you.:)

Reaper16
01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't think that is true. That makes no sense to me how that would work adequately.

QuikSsurfer
03-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Demo is up on the XBL Marketplace.

Downloading now

okcchief
03-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Demo is up on the XBL Marketplace.

Downloading now

Let me know how it is. I have WT on PS3 and will be picking this up for sure.

No Demo on PS3 yet. WTF Tiny???

Buck
03-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Will their be D/L content for this?

I got GH: Aerosmith and I was upset their was never any D/L Content.

jlscorpio
03-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I've never owned any GH game, but I'm definately getting this. Question: Can I use ANY GH guitar to play this game? For instance, if a guitar controller is used on say GH 2 can it be used with this game? Thanks.

Dayze
03-22-2009, 10:01 AM
I've never owned any GH game, but I'm definately getting this. Question: Can I use ANY GH guitar to play this game? For instance, if a guitar controller is used on say GH 2 can it be used with this game? Thanks.

Yup.

QuikSsurfer
03-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Day one.

Demonpenz
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
the rockband drums cut down a note when you use them for guitar hero

ChiefsFanatic
03-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy

Hell yeah! These two songs are classics. Lemmy and Freddy are amazing.

talastan
03-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Looking forward to this. Hope to use the double kick option to keep myself in shape for playing real drums!!

Demonpenz
03-24-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTUVEsUBG4&feature=related

why am I getting goose bumps over this lol

okcchief
03-29-2009, 12:51 AM
I haven't picked up my copy yet but got a chance to play at a friends house tonight. I must say this is by FAR the most fun I have had playing one of these games. If you are a metal fan this is a must.

Singing War Ensamble released six months of work stress :) When we were done my buddy said this is the most metal thing that has ever happened in this house lol.

I like playing drums most but was only able to sing and play guitar. I can't wait to try to the fucking double bass on this even though I'll fail miserably on expert plus. I'm going to play the shit out of this game :)

QuikSsurfer
03-29-2009, 12:59 AM
I haven't picked up my copy yet but got a chance to play at a friends house tonight. I must say this is by FAR the most fun I have had playing one of these games. If you are a metal fan this is a must.

Singing War Ensamble released six months of work stress :) When we were done my buddy said this is the most metal thing that has ever happened in this house lol.

I like playing drums most but was only able to sing and play guitar. I can't wait to try to the fucking double bass on this even though I'll fail miserably on expert plus. I'm going to play the shit out of this game :)

ROFLROFL
I may have to sell some games to pick up this one. Been playing the shit out of the demo.

Redrum_69
03-29-2009, 07:45 AM
So who will be the next group that will do a Guitar Hero?

I'd like to see a GH: KISS or GH: Hendrix

okcchief
03-29-2009, 07:52 AM
So who will be the next group that will do a Guitar Hero?

I'd like to see a GH: KISS or GH: Hendrix

The rumor is Van Halen.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Best Buy has a deal if you buy this game you can pick up an extra guitar controller for 9.99. Pretty good deal.

Buck
03-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Best Buy has a deal if you buy this game you can pick up an extra guitar controller for 9.99. Pretty good deal.

Yup.

The ad says Thats fo Xbox 360 only, but I did it w/ the PS3.

I didn't even say anything, it just rang up as $9.99

The Ad says $9.99 for Xbox 360, $19.99 for PS3/PS2/Wii

KcMizzou
03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWhV-Wr-RM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWhV-Wr-RM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Buehler445
03-29-2009, 05:09 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWhV-Wr-RM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWhV-Wr-RM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I saw that on TV today ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' POPPS!!!!

Demonpenz
03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv_xQ11idCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv_xQ11idCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bowser
03-29-2009, 06:19 PM

LMAO

Christ, how much money did they have to fork over to make THAT commercial?

Bowser
03-29-2009, 06:19 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv_xQ11idCc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv_xQ11idCc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is a good semblence of Lemmy.

Dayze
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
My Review of GH Metallia:

Ok; with a $25 gift card to Gamestop burning a hole, I picked up GH Metllica yesterday.

Backgroun; I'm a huge Metallica fan. Started playing guitar to Puppets and '... And Justice For All' when I was a young lad. I've enjoyed the entire collection - with the exception of 'St. Anger'. It was a little too 'all-over the place' for me; and the mixing sound of the snare made my ears bleed. I digress.

I played for a few hours last night with the drums. What a blast. It was so great to play along with some of the best tunes - tunes nearly memorized/burned into my brain for eternity through 20 years of listening. No more playing through lame songs simply because you need to in order to progress through the game. Virtually all the songs in the game are great.
I thought the game had slightly better graphics and sounded good overall.

While playing the drums on 'Hard' difficulty I was able to get through nearly everything song thrown my way. However, there were a few that were just too much to handle ("Fuel" comes to mind); and even the others I was able to get through with about 90% accuracy, left me sweating. It was definitely "Hard". I can't imagine even proceeding to expert level.

I didn't get the extra bass pedal via a pre-order, but that's ok. A: because I doubt I could ever get through anything on Expert; and B: there seems to be an "Expert - Expert" tailored specifically to those songs requiring 1/8 and 1/16 note kick drums & triplets ("One", "Dyers Eve", "Shortest Straw" etc).

I Plan on playing with the guitar tonight, which outta be fun since at one time the only songs I played on Guitar were Metallica '83-'91.

Anyway; if you like GH and like metallica (even if you're one who swore off the band after '91's Black Album)...this game is a must. Sounds great through the home theater; game play is consistent with other GH games etc.

Go get this game, and score a 12 pack of your favorite brew and enjoy.
:thumb:

Woodrow Call
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross

**** YES
:rockon:

ZootedGranny
04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
My quick review:

-Great fun on guitar, though it still has the huge timing window from GH3.
-Just decent on drums, partially due to GH's gem system making for tough reading during fast sections.
-The GUI is terrible as always.
-Great unlock system. You can quickly advance through the career, and everything is unlocked for quickplay from the start.

Demonpenz
04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
i played the demo and It was the first itme I was actually playing the guitar like air guitar, because I know every song. I get tired of playing guitar hero or rockband and coming across paramore, rush, or other pussy shit

Buck
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I got this game too, it kicks ass.

I'm not even a huge Metallica fan, but for some reason its more fun when you are playing Metal when playing GH.

Dayze
04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
My quick review:

-Great fun on guitar, though it still has the huge timing window from GH3.
-Just decent on drums, partially due to GH's gem system making for tough reading during fast sections.
-The GUI is terrible as always.
-Great unlock system. You can quickly advance through the career, and everything is unlocked for quickplay from the start.

yep; I'm not sure why, but drums always seem to be 'off' when playing drums. whereas playing guitar, you can basically hop right on and begin playing.

Not sure why/if other people have issues on the drums like I do. I'm a guitar player of 20 years and think I can hold a basica 4/4 beat et; but when getting on GH it seem like a chore rather than coming natural.

okcchief
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
yep; I'm not sure why, but drums always seem to be 'off' when playing drums. whereas playing guitar, you can basically hop right on and begin playing.

Not sure why/if other people have issues on the drums like I do. I'm a guitar player of 20 years and think I can hold a basica 4/4 beat et; but when getting on GH it seem like a chore rather than coming natural.

My buddy is a drummer and I have seen him beat some songs on expert plus. It is ****ing amazing.

I'm getting better on drums and guitar because I will play the songs over and over again. It's fun as hell and like you have all said you don't have to play through a bunch of shitty songs that are no fun. That has always been why I get bored of these games. I see playing this one for a long time. It's a tremendous party game with your metalhead friends.

Demonpenz
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
i play drums and I can handle expert if the beats are LEGIT. On some of those easy songs they throw in shit that isn't there

Crashride
04-03-2009, 10:50 AM
i play drums and I can handle expert if the beats are LEGIT. On some of those easy songs they throw in shit that isn't there

Im a drummer also, I agree 100%.

Molitoth
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I want this game but I'll wait until I get good again. I had GH3 for Wii but I sold it off awhile back and got a 360. I just picked up World Tour and GH3 up on ebay... so once I get back into the flow of things, I'll go purchase the metallica one. It looks hard and good, so it should be fun. "ONE" on GH3 had that insanly hard tapping part that I could never beat (expert) of course.

Raised On Riots
04-05-2009, 03:57 AM
I know some of you are players and enjoy matching your chops to the game, and I get that.
The rest of you?
LEARN TO PLAY A FUCKING INSTRUMENT YOU NERDS!:p:p:p

Reaper16
04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I know some of you are players and enjoy matching your chops to the game, and I get that.
The rest of you?
LEARN TO PLAY A FUCKING INSTRUMENT YOU NERDS!:p:p:p
I played your mom last night; I was utterly virtuosic.

Dayze
04-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Battery was a real treat on guitar; holy hell. Just about as ferocious as really playing it. the galloping palm-mutes during the chorus etc. whoa.

Raised On Riots
04-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I played your mom last night; I was utterly virtuosic.

And how many other ladies do you bag per-week when you take your plastic toy to the bar and "rock out"? :eek::)

Reaper16
04-05-2009, 02:05 PM
And how many other ladies do you bag per-week when you take your plastic toy to the bar and "rock out"? :eek::)
about .67 ladies.

Raised On Riots
04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
about .67 ladies.

LMAO