PDA

View Full Version : Matt McGuire's Top 5 at each position...

Dicky McElephant
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah I don't know who he is either....but apparently he works for Walterfootball.com. I won't post them all.....just players of interest.

http://www.walterfootball.com/mattfiveoffense.php

These rankings do not reflect where these players will go in the draft or how I think they will fall in the draft. It is just how good I think these players are on my personal draft board.

I have a key to better understand my star system:
5 stars: Elite Prospect
4 1/2 stars : Top 8 Prospect
4 stars : Solid First-Round Prospect
3 1/2 stars : Fringe First-Round Prospect; Very Strong Round 2 Prospect
3 stars : Second-Round Prospect
2 1/2 stars : Third-Round Prospect
2 stars : 4th-5th Round Prospect
1 star : Late Round/Undrafted Free Agent

Dicky McElephant
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
QB
1. Matt Stafford, Georgia 5 stars
Elite arm strength gets him my five star grade. His production in an offense with not many short or intermediate routes blows me away on film. Near-lock to be the No. 1 pick if the Lions don't trade for Matt Cassel.

2. Mark Sanchez, USC 4 1/2 stars
Extremely high talent level, but throwing 500 less pass attempts than Stafford in his career will cause Sanchez to be the No. 2 QB off the board. I love his decision to declare for the Draft and do not agree with the way Pete Carroll handled the situation. Sanchez had to come out for the money; no one should blame him.

WR

1. Michael Crabtree 4 1/2 stars
Extremely likely he will go No. 4 overall to the Seahawks. I do not expect him to go in the top three picks either.

OT
1. Eugene Monroe, Virginia 4 1/2 stars
The top left tackle in the 2009 NFL Draft will likely go No. 2 overall to the Rams.

2. Michael Oher, Ole Miss 4 1/2 stars
Most talented lineman in the class. When Michael Oher looks in your eyes and tells you he is a winner and loves the game of football, you believe him. Actually competing in Mobile unlike Jason Smith and Monroe backs that up. Oher's technique inconsistencies in Mobile have me slightly worried so I have to move him down to my No. 2 tackle and remove the elite grade.

G

1. Max Unger, Oregon 3 1/2 stars
Unger was the best guard in Mobile from what I saw. He has the versatility to play center and right tackle. Fits zone-blocking schemes like a glove. Occasionally got too high and off-balance, losing the No. 1 center battle to Alex Mack during Senior Bowl week.

C
1. Alex Mack, California 4 stars
Could go down as the best center prospect since Bruce Matthews in the 1983 Draft.

Dicky McElephant
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
DE

1. Brian Orakpo, Texas 4 1/2 stars
Orakpo really lived up to the hype this year and will be the first defensive end taken on Draft Day.

2. Tyson Jackson, LSU 4 stars
Great size and has an underrated motor in terms of rushing the quarterback.

3. Paul Kruger, Utah 3 stars
Kruger was one of the most productive defensive linemen in the country amassing 61 tackles, seven pass breakups, 16.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.

4. Robert Ayers, Tennessee 2 1/2 stars
Displayed impressive athleticism and a nice spin move in Mobile.

5. Michael Johnson 3 stars
I made a $1,000 bet with Johnson's agent that he doesn't go in the top nine picks of the 2009 NFL Draft. Al Davis has me worried, but I am going to collect like I am passing Go in Monopoly.

ILB

1. Rey Maualuga, USC 4 stars
Back-to-back years of impressive game film doesn't discount one mediocre week at the Senior Bowl. I was disappointed at the weigh-in as Maualuga looked pretty average and slightly overweight.

2. James Laurinaitis, Ohio State 4 stars
I didn't think Laurinaitis was very physical this season, and not showing up to Mobile gives me reason to worry about his level of competitiveness.

3. Aaron Curry, Wake Forest 4 stars
Curry has supreme versatility. He can definitely play in the 3-4, and has enough athleticism to play in the 4-3.

4-3 OLB

1. Aaron Curry, Wake Forest 4 1/2 stars
Doesn't have the ability to play weakside linebacker in the Tampa 2, but that defensive scheme is dying off anyway.

2. Brian Cushing, USC 4 stars
One of the most impressive outside linebackers during Senior Bowl week. Cushing laid a big hit every day.

3. Gerald McRath, Southern Mississippi 3 1/2 stars
McRath has the elite speed and fluid hips to be able to play weakside linebacker. He has outstanding range and is a consistent playmaker.

4. Clint Sintim, Virginia 3 1/2 stars
Sintim, like Curry, is a prototype SAM prospect because of his size, play against the run, and pass rush ability.

5. Nic Harris, Oklahoma 3 stars
Experience at safety showed in Mobile as Harris was a sideline-to-sideline player with the ability to close quickly.

Frosty
01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
3. Paul Kruger, Utah 3 stars
Kruger was one of the most productive defensive linemen in the country amassing 61 tackles, seven pass breakups, 16.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles.

Kruger is intriguing. He was an absolute monster against Alabama.

DaKCMan AP
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Kruger is intriguing. He was an absolute monster against Alabama.

Yes he is. A very productive player at the collegiate level.