PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shanahan says no to the Chiefs

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Shanahan laughs off coaching rumors (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/26/shanahan-laughs-off-coaching-rumors/)

Posted: January 26th, 2009 | Adam Schefter |

Late Friday afternoon, when multiple reports surfaced that Kansas City and Mike Shanahan were close to a deal that would make him the next head coach of the Chiefs, the former Broncos coach could not be found. He was missing for a brief time, his cell phone going directly to voice mail.

Shanahan quickly found out the fuss he indirectly and unknowingly had created. When he walked off the golf course and into the clubhouse after playing 18, multiple golfers asked Shanahan if it were true he was closing in on a deal with the Chiefs.

Shanahan laughed. He had heard the rumors since Thursday morning, when members of his former coaching staff began calling to ask him if it were true that he was going to Kansas City.

As he told the people in the golf clubhouse, there was nothing new Friday that hadnít been true on Thursday. He had not had any contact with the Chiefs, didnít plan to have any contact with the Chiefs, and would not be coaching the Chiefs.
In other words, he would have more time to play golf.

Gonzo
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Well......ok then. That makes me happy

phisherman
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
man, schefter REALLY doesn't want the rat to coach in KC

blueballs
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
we can only hope this is true

Goapics1
He's a greasy bastard anyways.

nychief
Schefter is a faggot.

Bowser

That was my first thought when I heard Scheffter on Sirius last Friday.

BigChiefFan
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Well that settles it, err wait...

Brock
01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't really want the guy here, but they sure are pushing the "No way" card awfully hard.

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, someone is flat-out lying.

Shanahan is saying he's had no contact with the Chiefs, and at least one source inside Arrowhead is saying that Shanahan HAS talked to the Chiefs.

Shanahan has a reason to lie, but what benefit is there for a source inside the organization to tell someone like Mortenson that there has been talks between the Chiefs and Shanny?

Brock
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, someone is flat-out lying.

Shanahan is saying he's had no contact with the Chiefs, and at least one source inside Arrowhead is saying that Shanahan HAS talked to the Chiefs.

Shanahan has a reason to lie, but what benefit is there for a source inside the organization to tell someone like Mortenson that there has been talks between the Chiefs and Shanny?

to find a leak?

Pestilence
Somehow.....I just don't believe a thing that Schefter says.

Over-Head
He's waiting for Al to up the anti ;)

Guru
I don't really want the guy here, but they sure are pushing the "No way" card awfully hard.exactly

blueballs
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Someone is really going to be pissed
if they don't get their Donkey dick to lick

alpha_omega
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
He had not had any contact with the Chiefs, didnít plan to have any contact with the Chiefs, and would not be coaching the Chiefs.

Well, since we are parsing this story, let me continue the fun...the thread title is not exactly correct according to the story.

The Rat has told other people he doesn't plan on coaching the Chiefs, but it doesn't sound like he has actually told the Chiefs as much.

Monty
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
to find a leak?

Could be some truth to that statement, but we'd be the last to know.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
It's still Schefter and there are still no direct quotes in there.

Having nothing quoted is pretty suspicious for a guy that is so certain that all of this occured. Why wouldn't have have gotten a direct "No, I won't be coaching for KC in 2009" on the record?

I put 0 stock in this.

KcMizzou
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
man, schefter REALLY doesn't want the rat to coach in KCYeah, his tone makes that clear. I don't know if I want Shanny or not, really... but I'd pay money to see this cocksucker made a fool of.

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
to find a leak?

Definitely possible.

However, the same news that Mortenson reported Friday was reported by Clayton weeks ago. Why the delay in getting it to the national media?

This whole thing stinks, IMO.

crazycoffey
01-26-2009, 10:41 AM

personally, my hate for schefter outweighs the hate for the rat.
SO NOW I WANT THE RAT TO COACH US!!!!!

DJ's left nut
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM

Don't forget Peter King.

I'd be in favor of Al Davis coaching the Chiefs if it meant those two douchebags looking like the tools they are.

crazycoffey
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Don't forget Peter King.

I'd be in favor of Al Davis coaching the Chiefs if it meant those two douchebags looking like the tools they are.

whoa, whoa - let's not get all carried away now.....

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
I hate to say it but it is more and more looking like Shanahan isn't going to be coaching the Chiefs this year.

Bowser
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM

Don't forget Peter King.

Heh, my thought exactly.

Micjones
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Not exactly a direct quote.

I'll reserve judgment until Shanahan himself makes it apparent that he doesn't want the job.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Shanahan's not going to KC.

Either is Cowher.

I'd be shocked if it weren't Todd Haley.

KCChiefsFan88
01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Let Shanahan say no to Pioli/Clark after they have made contact with him and have offered him the coaching position.

Until then he has nothing to reject other than Schefter's odd obsession.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Shanahan's not going to KC.

Either is Cowher.

I'd be shocked if it weren't Todd Haley.

I will pull the hairs off my testicles if we hire Todd Haley.

Pestilence
01-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Let Shanahan say no to Pioli/Clark after they have made contact with him and have offered him the coaching position.

Until then he has nothing to reject other than Schefter's odd obsession.

I'm not putting any stock into this until one of three things happen.

1. Shanahan publicly comes out and states that he's not coaching this year.

2. Pioli or Clark publicly state that Shanahan is not on the list of candidates.

3. We hire anyone other than Shanahan.

Until those things happen.....I'm still going to assume that we're still interested in him.

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 10:58 AM

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Just curious

Mr. Flopnuts
We should add ", according to Adam Schefter" to the thread title. I clicked it assuming there was a direct quote from Shanahan, and there isn't.

Mr. Flopnuts
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Just curious

Well, if it was a good thing, I would just shave them off. :D

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, if it was a good thing, I would just shave them off. :D

LMAO Good point.

I know some people enjoy pain so I just add to ask

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 11:00 AM

That's kinda how I feel.

People think he's a good candidate because he takes no shit, and screams at players.

Yet those same people are first in line to tell everyone that Tim Krumrie is a shitty coach because he screams and yells, and that the players don't respect him.

I don't see the attraction.

Bowser
01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Some radio cronie on the two minute drill in Denver is adamently denying Rat coming to KC. As has been said, there are too many people trying too hard to convince too many other people that Shanahan isn't coming here....

Lzen
01-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Or it could be that Schefter doesn't like BS being spread around like it is truth?

King_Chief_Fan
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
for those of you who miss the wisdom of Herm Edwards:

we'll be ooohhhhkkaaayyyy

CupidStunt
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Yet those same people are first in line to tell everyone that Tim Krumrie is a shitty coach because he screams and yells, and that the players don't respect him.

They're barely comparable. Haley doesn't shout like a demented rapist; he's composed and is probably saying something meaningful - forcefully. He's also shown some decent Xs and Os ability, which Krumrie's DL has never shown me. F**k, did the Chiefs run a single stunt or twist all year? :shake:

warrior
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe the title should read Shanahan never contacted by Chiefs.

KCChiefsFan88
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Maybe the title should read Shanahan never contacted by Chiefs.

"Shanahan not contacted (yet) by the Chiefs"

Count Zarth
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I smell negotiating tactics.

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Can a mod change my thread title so people stop whining about it?

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
That's kinda how I feel.

People think he's a good candidate because he takes no shit, and screams at players.

Peter King has a long, in depth article about Haley in this week's MMQB. I'd suggest reading it before drawing any conclusions based on his "yelling".

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/01/25/walkup/index.html

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I smell negotiating tactics.

I "smell" a man who isn't interested in coaching this year.

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Peter King has a long, in depth article about Haley in this week's MMQB. I'd suggest reading it before drawing any conclusions based on his "yelling".

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/01/25/walkup/index.html

I'm not drawing any conclusions, only pointing out the reason that OTHER people here think he'll be a good HC.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 11:32 AM
YES!

One step closer to consigning the Rat to the same petting zoo as the Llama; fakers get the FUCK off my field!

Hit it boyz....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QqGsxwQpa_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QqGsxwQpa_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I read it, and I still wasn't sold. I really don't want a guy who is in charge of my football team telling stories of second guessing himself and crying in front of a TV watching Steelers highlights and having to have his wife comfort him. I'm just getting too many Gunther flashbacks with Haley...

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I "smell" a man who isn't interested in coaching this year.

ROFL

Ahh...sweet Cordoba!

TRR
01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
So if ShanaRat has never been contacted by KC, then how can he say no to KC?

What a joke...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Can a mod change my thread title so people stop whining about it?

Don't make me red card you motherfucker. :D

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
RE Shanarat, it sounds more to me like he was never or has not been a candidate then it does him saying no to the Chiefs. It's funny how that rumor spread out of control. Right now it seems like the Chiefs have no official candidates, cause Pioli isn't talking to anyone aside from Hunt. Hell, even this Haley thing has no basis in fact yet, it's all conjecture.

I still find it odd that no one has actually gotten an actual quote from Shanarat. It's all been "sources" or second hand golf stories...

dirk digler
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Don't make me red card you motherfucker. :D

Go ahead I have the force as well :)

Manila-Chief
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
This article proves nothing. Of course both sides will deny until something develops. That's par for the course and both can feel they are correct ... so, far not contact.

Like many of you ... I want Schefter to be proven wrong, but not sure I want Shanny. Maybe we can accomplish that by having the Chiefs bring him in for an interview, and then choose a better coach???

kstater
01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
With no new info allowed this week, this is going to be a long week of one upsmanship between Schefter and Mort.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I read it, and I still wasn't sold. I really don't want a guy who is in charge of my football team telling stories of second guessing himself and crying in front of a TV watching Steelers highlights and having to have his wife comfort him. I'm just getting too many Gunther flashbacks with Haley...

So, you weren't sold on a guy who's father helped engineer the Steelers 1970's dynasty, a guy who's lived and breathed football his entire life with the Steelers, Jets, Cowboys and now Cardinals? A guy who's coordinated the 4th highest offense in 2008 and the highest output of any offense in the playoffs?

There's just NO pleasing Chiefs fans.

JFC.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
One for the truly broken hearted who feel jilted by the Rat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dff0D-2XShs

Micjones
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
So, you weren't sold on a guy who's father helped engineer the Steelers 1970's dynasty, a guy who's lived and breathed football his entire life with the Steelers, Jets, Cowboys and now Cardinals? A guy who's coordinated the 4th highest offense in 2008 and the highest output of any offense in the playoffs?

JFC.

I'll gladly take Haley.
I think we'd be getting two damn good Coordinators to go along with him in Pendergast and Grimm.

Von Dumbass
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Or it could be that Schefter doesn't like BS being spread around like it is truth?

This.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
This.

We'd expect nothing less from the resident Bronco fans. Schefter is a biased piece of shit when it comes to all things AFC West. Forgive us for not trusting what he says when it comes to the Chiefs. He's as desperate for this to not happen as the rest of neck pony nation.

Chiefnj2
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM

If Haley was good enough for guys like Parcells, Cowher and Whisenhunt, then he is good enough for me.

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 12:04 PM

JFC.

If Pioli wants him then I'll trust Pioli. But I'm not going to base my opinion of a guy on what his father did in the 70's, or based solely on what he has done as a coordinator in a warm weather city in a weak division with two of the best receivers and in the NFL. Despite what Al Saunders did with the offense here, I didn't want him in charge either.

I have no tangible information that will lead me to believe the guy is going to be a great head coach or a crap head coach. At the end of the day, if Scott Pioli believes this guy can put together a top notch coaching staff, lead a team, and work closely with him to bring winning players to this organization, that's all that matters. But at this point, I'm not sold on him. I need more info, and stories like that and tales of him wearing his emotions on his sleeve don't shake off the bad taste Gunther's stories left with me during his time as HC...

Von Dumbass
01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
We'd expect nothing less from the resident Bronco fans. Schefter is a biased piece of shit when it comes to all things AFC West. Forgive us for not trusting what he says when it comes to the Chiefs. He's as desperate for this to not happen as the rest of neck pony nation.

He might be biased but he is probably the single most credible source when it comes to Mike Shanahan. He did write his book.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/30/18/86c11363ada09d3759afc010._AA240_.L.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
If Pioli wants him then I'll trust Pioli. But I'm not going to base my opinion of a guy on what his father did in the 70's, or based solely on what he has done as a coordinator in a warm weather city in a weak division with two of the best receivers and in the NFL. Despite what Al Saunders did with the offense here, I didn't want him in charge either.

I have no tangible information that will lead me to believe the guy is going to be a great head coach or a crap head coach. At the end of the day, if Scott Pioli believes this guy can put together a top notch coaching staff, lead a team, and work closely with him to bring winning players to this organization, that's all that matters. But at this point, I'm not sold on him. I need more info, and stories like that and tales of him wearing his emotions on his sleeve don't shake off the bad taste Gunther's stories left with me during his time as HC...

Good post.

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
If Haley was good enough for guys like Parcells, Cowher and Whisenhunt, then he is good enough for me.

True, but then again Parcells didn't bring him along to Miami either. The question is not if he's good enough to coach for those guys, the question is if he is good enough and ready to lead this team as the "face of the franchise" from the ashes to the Super Bowl.

Also, let's not lose the fact that their "prize" first rounder, Matt Leinart, has done little under that coaching staff. He was replaced by an older vet. So while his success with Fitzgerald may be hailed, can he lead other positions to success with the Chiefs? Would he be able to bring along a young QB here? What's his philosophy on building a team? These are answers I'd like to know...

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 12:11 PM

JFC.

Yes there damn sure is! I didn't know about all that "growin' up Steelers" stuff until now. Thanks Dane!

And now the actual comment:

If this dog and pony show were about acquiring say, a 1989 John Elway, I could understand the "Verge of Meltdown" status I'm seeing from the local Rat-Contingent.
That however, is not the case. It's not even close. How foolishly absurd for anyone to think that this could have happened. I'm absolutely pissed at myself for buying in to the fear, when there was NO FEAR TO BEGIN WITH.

Yeah, a guy who is treated like a God in Denver, and is building a Super Mansion IN DENVER is going to come to KC and coach that city's biggest rival.

Shannahan would be run out of Denver, and his Donko Manor Estate burned and pillaged.

What was I even thinking or worried about. :shake:

DenverDanChiefsFan
01-26-2009, 12:11 PM
He might be biased but he is probably the single most credible source when it comes to Mike Shanahan. He did write his book.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/30/18/86c11363ada09d3759afc010._AA240_.L.jpgSo he's the best source for the rat's history. How does that help him know what the rat is thinking how?

TommyHawk69
01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I just want to point out one thing about this whole deal. Does anyone think that maybe Shanny is denying that he has started negotiating with the Chiefs because of the Rooney rule and that maybe that is why he has employed Schefter to adimitly deny this so that the Chiefs could save face and interview their one black candidate? If this is not the case why would the denials be so aggressive? I don't know about him being coach or not just wanted to add a point to this board.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I just want to point out one thing about this whole deal. Does anyone think that maybe Shanny is denying that he has started negotiating with the Chiefs because of the Rooney rule and that maybe that is why he has employed Schefter to adimitly deny this so that the Chiefs could save face and interview their one black candidate? If this is not the case why would the denials be so aggressive? I don't know about him being coach or not just wanted to add a point to this board.

Okay Gang,

I just want to point out a desperate, straw-grasping scenario regarding the Rooney Rule at least 30 times a week in different Shanny Threads.

I'd also like to point out that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

I'd ALSO like to point out that Scott Pioli is the new GM of the Chiefs.

And finally, Herm Edwards has been fired!

Yayyyyy!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::spock::spock::doh!::doh!:

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM

The thing about that is that I would doubt that Schefter would be willing to flush his entire reputation down a toilet to do a favor for Shanarat...

RustShack
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Haley = Crabtree
Shanahan = Stafford/Sanchez
Cowher = Curry

Bank on it.

FringeNC
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
True, but then again Parcells didn't bring him along to Miami either.

Parcells tried. Haley turned down the interview for head coach.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Haley = Crabtree
Cowher = Curry

Bank on it.

Pioli = HIS fuckin' show, HIS fuckin' call.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 02:25 PM
If the Chiefs persuade Haley( and at this point it IS something that has to be sold, make no mistake ), Pendergast will NOT come with him. PG is a 5th-generation Arizonan, and he ain't goin' nowhere.

I don't think Haley is going to take the job if offered.

CupidStunt
01-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Then he wouldn't interview and maybe not even GET an interview.

FringeNC
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
If the Chiefs persuade Haley( and at this point it IS something that has to be sold, make no mistake ), Pendergast will NOT come with him. PG is a 5th-generation Arizonan, and he ain't goin' nowhere.

I just don't think there is anyway an OC turns down a HC job after going to a SB, especially if he's going to be working for Scott Pioli.

chiefscafan
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
We can't get Pendegrast because that's a latteral move maybe Grimm but not him.

KCChiefsFan88
01-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Of course he'll take the job if it is offered.

Todd Haley may claim to love Arizona, and doesn't want to uproot his family, etc. but the guy isn't stupid. He knows his stock probably won't be higher than it is now and having the opportunity to work with a familiar GM like Pioli is something he won't be able to pass up.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Haley = Crabtree
Cowher = Curry

Bank on it.

Why do you say, Haley would bypass a QB he's an offense minded coach who'll need a good QB to run his offense and not a college spread/option player.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I just don't think there is anyway an OC turns down a HC job after going to a SB, especially if he's going to be working for Scott Pioli.

Of course he'll take the job if it is offered.

Todd Haley may claim to love Arizona, and doesn't want to uproot his family, etc. but the guy isn't stupid. He knows his stock probably won't be higher than it is now and having the opportunity to work with a familiar GM like Pioli is something he won't be able to pass up.

Unless Haley likes to play "hold'em" the same as Pioli, my local sports fans are telling me he doesn't want to make the move.
And don't just assume this guy is dying for a promotion.

RustShack
01-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Why do you say, Haley would bypass a QB he's an offense minded coach who'll need a good QB to run his offense and not a college spread/option player.

Aren't Warner and Collins both going to be free agents? I don't think the draft is the only way he can find a QB. Hes from the Parcells tree, a tree that tends to like vet QB's. Also he has a young first round QB sitting on the bench. I am in no way saying we should pass on a QB, I strongly feel Stafford or Sanchez should be our pick.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Aren't Warner and Collins both going to be free agents?

Clark has said he wants a franchise QB that can be developed through the draft

BigChiefFan
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I think we'll be trading down and shoring up our lines.

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Parcells tried. Haley turned down the interview for head coach.

Now that's an interesting tidbit I had not heard before. Any reason why? If he's not looking to be a head coach with Parcells I wonder if he'd look to be a head coach with Pioli...

DaWolf
01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Clark has said he wants a franchise QB that can be developed through the draft

Considering that Leinart has taken a back seat in Zona, I'd say it's a good bet Haley would be looking for a vet to start even if we did use the #3 on a QB...

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Considering that Leinart has taken a back seat in Zona, I'd say it's a good bet Haley would be looking for a vet to start even if we did use the #3 on a QB...

He'll be overruled by executive order

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Good. I didn't want him anyway. I like Haley.

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm not drawing any conclusions, only pointing out the reason that OTHER people here think he'll be a good HC.I haven't read anything about that on here. Seems most around here, myself included, like him because of his agressive offensive philosophy.

Mr. Laz
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Shefter sounds like Taco .... desperate that Shannarat SHOULDN'T work for the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave

JFC.Really. Who would want that? :)

Mr. Laz
Good. I didn't want him anyway. I like Haley.
why?

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
True, but then again Parcells didn't bring him along to Miami either. The question is not if he's good enough to coach for those guys, the question is if he is good enough and ready to lead this team as the "face of the franchise" from the ashes to the Super Bowl.

Also, let's not lose the fact that their "prize" first rounder, Matt Leinart, has done little under that coaching staff. He was replaced by an older vet. So while his success with Fitzgerald may be hailed, can he lead other positions to success with the Chiefs? Would he be able to bring along a young QB here? What's his philosophy on building a team? These are answers I'd like to know...

I guess you don't follow the Cardinals at all.

Leinart was drafted by Dennis Green to run the West Coast Offense, not Whisenhunt. Leinart is a perfect WCO QB, he's not a "long ball" QB. They're two completely different offenses.

Leinart isn't suited for Haley's offense, period. In the WCO, he'd excel. It was a mistake for the Card to take Leinart knowing that Green was shaky ground.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Haley = Crabtree
Cowher = Curry

Bank on it.

ROFL

Haley = Anyone but Crabtree
Shanahan = Not coaching in 2009
Cowher = Not coaching in 2009

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Haley = Crabtree
Cowher = Curry

Bank on it.Why wouldn't Haley draft a Qb?

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Haley would more than likely want a new QB to groom

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Why wouldn't Haley draft a Qb?

He better draft a QB, considering he tends to abandon the running game.

Bowser
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
It would only work if Pioli brings both Haley and Anquan Boldin in together.

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
why?Rat hasn't done shit since Elway.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM

You probably would too with those running backs.

Edgerrin James is done and Hightower can't do it all alone. Arrington's been a major disappointment for a high 2nd rounder.

DaneMcCloud
It would only work if Pioli brings both Haley and Anquan Boldin in together.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
Rat hasn't done shit since Elway.

AFC Championship game in 2006.

Even Shanahan couldn't make Plummer a great QB.

CupidStunt
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM

He doesn't abandon it so much as he just doesn't do it a lot -- and why would he with such bad production (ypc/average - NOT volume) as opposed to the elite production of his passing game?

We need someone smart enough to play to the team's strength, whatever that is or might become. If he wants to build around an elite QB, I'm all for it.

RustShack
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Why wouldn't Haley draft a Qb?

Haley + Warner + Parcells tree = Veteran QB

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
He doesn't abandon it so much as he just doesn't do it a lot -- and why would he with such bad production (ypc/average - NOT volume) as opposed to the elite production of his passing game?

We need someone smart enough to play to the team's strength, whatever that is or might become. If he wants to build around an elite QB, I'm all for it.

Their RB's suck ass that might be why they don't run alot.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM

Clark= Draft young QB

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 04:43 PM
You probably would too with those running backs.

Edgerrin James is done and Hightower can't do it all alone. Arrington's been a major disappointment for a high 2nd rounder.

Edge is done?

He's looked great in the postseason - they've actually given him the ball.

Arizona is up to 33 rushing attempts a game in the postseason, versus 21 attempts per game in the regular season.

Edge is averaging 4 yards a carry, just like he was in the regular season.

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 04:45 PM

4 yards a carry is more than adequate.

James has LOOKED better in the playoffs, because he's getting the ball more. He's averaging 4 ypc in the playoffs, just like he was in the regular season.

If you're getting 4 yards a carry from your backs, you should be running the ball more than 20 times a game.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Edge is done?

He's looked great in the postseason - they've actually given him the ball.

Arizona is up to 33 rushing attempts a game in the postseason, versus 21 attempts per game in the regular season.

Edge is averaging 4 yards a carry, just like he was in the regular season.

He sure looks done to me. He has no burst, no breakaway speed and he just falls down after contact. 68 yards a game is not impressive to me and he only had 514 total yards in 16 games.

You can't blame that on the scheme or the coordinator.

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Edge looks just about done to me, the guy has fresh legs for the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath58
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
He sure looks done to me. He has no burst, no breakaway speed and he just falls down after contact. 68 yards a game is not impressive to me and he only had 514 total yards in 16 games.

You can't blame that on the scheme or the coordinator.

The guy had 130 carries - of course he's not going to have eye-popping stats. So yeah, you can blame that on Haley. The TEAM only averaged 20 carries a game, yet they were getting him 4 yards per.

Again, 4 yards per carry is more than productive.

FringeNC
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Haley abandons the running game because the O-line isn't very good, and neither is James.

Extra Point
01-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Slant and go. AZ has no choice.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
The guy had 130 carries - of course he's not going to have eye-popping stats. So yeah, you can blame that on Haley. The TEAM only averaged 20 carries a game, yet they were getting him 4 yards per.

Again, 4 yards per carry is more than productive.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Haley didn't play him because he's clearly lost a step and is the second best RB on that roster. He won't be re-signed by Arizona and I think he'll have a difficult time finding a job after the Super Bowl, regardless of how well he plays.

He looks shot, IMO. He's 30 and he just looks done.

RustShack
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Clark= Draft young QB

He said that last year and we didn't draft one. You can't buy into everything the media tells you. Pioli runs the show now anyways... if he didn't Herm would still be the coach.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
He said that last year and we didn't draft one. Y

Yeah, we had Croyle to try out. With Clark's directives with Pioli KC will draft a QB this year that will start

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM

If you had that weak-assed line and James, you'd abandon the motherfucker too.

He's especially going to abandon it this weekend!

milkman
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
That's kinda how I feel.

Someone else may have already addressed this, but I'm going go ahead and jump in here anyway.

I'm not on the Haley bandwagon, but the difference is that Haley is responding to players who are coming at him because they are upset at either a play call, or a decision.

The fact is, that really isn't all that unusual, and is not in any way proof that players don't respect him.

Tim Krumrie, on the other hand, is just yelling and screaming because he thinks, for some reason, that's the way to teach.

Darth CarlSatan
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Someone else may have already addressed this, but I'm going go ahead and jump in here anyway.

I'm not on the Haley bandwagon, but the difference is that Haley is responding to players who are coming at him because they are upset at either a play call, or a decision.

The fact is, that really isn't all that unusual, and is not in any way proof that players don't respect him.

Tim Krumrie, on the other hand, is just yelling and screaming because he thinks, for some reason, that's the way to teach.

Montalbon!!!!

milkman
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Tell us how Belichick, from the Parcels tree stuck with that vet QB.

And when you look at Parcells history, he went with a relatively young Phil Simms with the Giants.

RustShack
01-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Tell us how Belichick, from the Parcels tree stuck with that vet QB.

And when you look at Parcells history, he went with a relatively young Phil Simms with the Giants.

Bellichick did go with a vet in NE... and he got hurt... Brady came in and won a Super Bowl and there was no reason to go back because Brady was playing like a vet...

milkman
01-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Bellichick did go with a vet in NE... and he got hurt... Brady came in and won a Super Bowl and there was no reason to go back because Brady was playing like a vet...

Drew Bledsoe came off the bench in the AFC Championship and led New England to a win in the SB run.

Bledsoe was healthy for the last couple of games, and for the playoffs.

He stuck with Brady when Bledsoe got healthy, ignoring the old unwritten rule, you don't lose your job to injury.