PDA

View Full Version : Weather As God is my witness, I will never spend another January in Missouri after I retire..

JimNasium
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
:cuss:Dammit Scott!!!!!

Calcountry
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Ice sucks, don't it?

JimNasium
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Ice sucks, don't it?

January is the most depressing month of the year IMO. I need to go to the beach.

bogey
01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Embrace it. The beach aint all it's cracked up to be. God created winter so people would stay inside and get in touch with what is really important, yourself and your family.

Bowser
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Embrace it. The beach aint all it's cracked up to be. God created winter so people would stay inside and get in touch with what is really important, yourself and your family.

You're single, aren't you?

bogey
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
You're single, aren't you?

Married with a 10 year old.

Bowser
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM

You're deaf, aren't you?

Baconeater
01-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Yeeeeaaahhhh....so says the guy living in Cali. :rolleyes:

bobbymitch
01-27-2009, 11:31 AM
If you are retired, why would you care if it was icy out? Ya got no where to go anyway. You get to do all those little inside pesky projects that you put off when it was sunny and warm outside.

That's what I do.

Demonpenz
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
most people die before retirement anyway

Coach
01-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Walk it off.

Toadkiller
01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Heh that is exactly what my mom said 20 years ago when she told my dad that she could not spend another winter in Blue Springs. We moved a month later to S. Calif.

bogey
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
You're deaf, aren't you?

Sure there are lots of young hot chicks in bikini's at the beach. But that doesn't compare to sitting inside in front of a fire and having a meaningful converation with your family. When was the last time you played a board game?

FishingRod
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Move across the line to Kansas. It's always sunny and 75 here.

allen_kcCard
01-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Sure there are lots of young hot chicks in bikini's at the beach. But that doesn't compare to sitting inside in front of a fire and having a meaningful converation with your family. When was the last time you played a board game?

I haven't played a board game in a long time...but it has been even longer since I saw a young hot chick in a bikini at the beach.

EyePod
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Stop fucking whining. I grew up in NEPA. Have you ever had a snow storm with over 5 ft of snow? Go sit down and enjoy the nice weather.

Toadkiller
01-27-2009, 11:56 AM

I live in Portland with not much snow but the winters are gray and rainy. But damn there is nothing better then board games with the family. I sure am glad I married a board game geek chick because she indulges me when I buy every damn game out there.

svuba
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM

Also It is No Fun Cleaning the sand off your shoes all of the time, And besides 17 degrees is not that bad for a daily high. Remember suffering builds character you don't get any tougher in 70 degree weather. Hell I can barely stand the 50s anymore. You should thank your lucky star you get to experience the single digit temperature.

Katipan
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM

Better question is when was the last time he played a baord game with young hot chicks in bikinis...?

I can get quality time with my kids in the warmth just as easily as the snow. You shouldn't need isolation to get your family to bond.

Thats a sex thing.

JimNasium
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I can play a board game on rainy days at the beach. I can live with November and December because the holidays seem to distract from the misery of Winter. February is short and at least there is hope that Spring is coming soon not to mention the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras. I cannot find any redeeming qualities about the month of January. Those of you that like Winter or suggest that I embrace it need to have your heads examined.

Gonzo
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Walk it off.

Rub some dirt on that....

Try Nebraska for a while then come talk to me.

I'm really starting to hate this place.

JOhn
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM

Pussies

As I sit here in NW Wyoming freezing today

Baconeater
01-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Aw come on, it's supposed to get up to 40 on Saturday. Just be glad you don't live farther north where you're locked into this crap for four months.

wutamess
01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Every year me and the wifey pondering moving to Florida.
My entire family is here (that's what stops us).

Her family is scattered though.

JimNasium
01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Every year me and the wifey pondering moving to Florida.
My entire family is here (that's what stops us).

Her family is scattered though.

Family is the only thing keeping me here right now. That's what makes the January escape so appealing.

Ebolapox
01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
wait, people in your field retire? shit, there's hope for me yet.

Ebolapox
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
there's no place for this, but I found it cool nonetheless.

http://maps.modot.mo.gov/travelerinformation/TravelerInformation.aspx

Gonzo
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Aw come on, it's supposed to get up to 40 on Saturday. Just be glad you don't live farther north where you're locked into this crap for four months.

It just seems as though it's either winter or summer here the last few years, you know? 40 degrees still sucks. We've had too many days of 10 - 15 degrees with a 20 mph wind.

Baconeater
01-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Whoa...what the fuck?

SNR
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Ya'll are a bunch of pussies. Nebraska? Pennsylvania? Don't get me started.

Frosty
01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I live in Portland with not much snow

Yeah, but when you do get ice or snow in Portland, it is about as nasty as can be. I thought I was going to die one winter when I got caught in an ice storm in the Gorge coming in to Portland (lived in Salem at the time). :eek:

bogey
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I was actually kidding. I LOVE the weather here in SoCal. I do miss things about Missouri weather including ice storms. But as I've said before, one week of January weather is enough. Then I want to come back to the valley.

The Bad Guy
01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Stop ****ing whining. I grew up in NEPA. Have you ever had a snow storm with over 5 ft of snow? Go sit down and enjoy the nice weather.

What part?

I'm from there as well.

Frazod
01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I was actually kidding. I LOVE the weather here in SoCal. I do miss things about Missouri weather including ice storms. But as I've said before, one week of January weather is enough. Then I want to come back to the valley.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you miss ice storms.

I miss my ex-wife, too.

:rolleyes:

The Bad Guy
01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
How the fuck can you miss ICE storms?

I would miss snow, but seriously, who misses those things?

bogey
01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure you miss ice storms.

I miss my ex-wife, too.

:rolleyes:

I honestly do miss the beauty of an ice storm. The beauty of silence except for the loud cracks of branches in the woods breaking from the weight. I miss being stranded because of the roads being iced over but all the neighbors were stranded with us. But again, one week is enough ice storm for me. Yes, I'm only focusing on the fun stuff I remember.

tommykat
01-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Ahhhhhhhh Davey you say this every year. Newly married should keep you warm ;). Actually, I thought about you today thinking you hate this. ROFL Sure enough, you posted. :eek: I did also!

ZepSinger
01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Whenever the economy turns around, we're moving to Austin TX. Mucho warmer! :)

Z

CoMoChief
01-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Gross who would marry a 10 yr old?