PDA

View Full Version : Football The Cardinals should have traded for Gonzo

Pitt Gorilla
01-27-2009, 04:01 PM
No doubt, the Cards offense is outstanding. However, another dynamic playmaker like Gonzalez would have made them just about unstoppable. I seem to recall that they showed some interest in trading for him, but the deal never materialized.

Even if we would have landed a 2nd and/or 3rd for Tony, it was probably good that he stayed and gave our QB the confidence that he has. Without Tony, we would have been much worse, which is difficult to fathom.

It would have been cool for Tony to get a ring, though.

DeezNutz
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm going to be the asshole who says that he doesn't give a **** if Tony, just Tony, ever wins a ring or not.

If the Chiefs win a ring, now that's a different story...

He's a great player and fun to watch, but what I really would have liked is the extra second-round pick.

InChiefsHell
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
No doubt, the Cards offense is outstanding. However, another dynamic playmaker like Gonzalez would have made them just about unstoppable. I seem to recall that they showed some interest in trading for him, but the deal never materialized.

Even if we would have landed a 2nd and/or 3rd for Tony, it was probably good that he stayed and gave our QB the confidence that he has. Without Tony, we would have been much worse, which is difficult to fathom.

It would have been cool for Tony to get a ring, though.

I'm sorry, did you say something? I was looking at your avatar...:)

KCrockaholic
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I think the Cards will be alright without Gonzalez. I want Tony to stay as long as possible now, but if he can go to a team that will use him right and win a SB im all for it.

StcChief
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
this was inevitable. Still don't see how they get past the Steelers.

Fritz88
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
but what I really would have liked is the extra second-round pick.

This.

Basileus777
01-27-2009, 04:17 PM
this was inevitable. Still don't see how they get past the <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5COwner%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><s>Falcons</s> <s>Panthers</s> <s>Eagles</s> Steelers.

FYP

penguinz
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Fkc no! ∂ƒ˙∆˚≈√∫˜œ∑†

StcChief
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
FYP
well I called everyone but The Eagles.... they are amazing but the D of Steelers they really haven't seen. Check the rankings of the other teams.
they are on a tear, I will give 'em that.

Bowser
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I really have no interest in losing Gonzalez, but after the Super Bowl, if I'm Pioli, I'm calling Bidwell and dangling him out there, just to see what the interest is, and what they offer.

StcChief
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I really have no interest in losing Gonzalez, but after the Super Bowl, if I'm Pioli, I'm calling Bidwell and dangling him out there, just to see what the interest is, and what they offer.might be disgruntal Bouldin. and we give draft pick.....

Bowser
01-27-2009, 04:30 PM
might be disgruntal Bouldin. and we give draft pick.....

I believe Boldin is an UFA in '09, unless the franchise tag comes into play.

Pestilence
01-27-2009, 04:46 PM
I believe Boldin is an UFA in '09, unless the franchise tag comes into play.

Boldin has two years left on his deal.

Bowser
01-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Huh, I would have sworn the talking head on ESPN said he was a free agent. I'll take your word for it.

StcChief
01-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I guess I should completly stop listening to the NO-accountable talking heads (who don't check sh1t out). I thought UFA 09 too.