PDA

View Full Version : Football What's the first thing you think of when you think of football?

Johnny Vegas
01-28-2009, 05:52 AM
What comes to mind when you think of football. To me it was Joe Montana. I grew up watching him and friends envying him growing up. When somebody talks about football I can't help, but think Joe Montana.

kstater
01-28-2009, 05:53 AM
NTTAWWT

Johnny Vegas
01-28-2009, 05:58 AM
NTTAWWT

JTAI

Warrior5
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
The Chiefs and Ed Podolak, in that order.

Christofire
01-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Hits. Neck-shortening, body-bruising, fumble-causing hits.

Rain Man
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Linemen colliding is my first thought.

However, I have to share one additional image that has always been stuck in my mind. It was the year that Marty Schottenheimer took over the Browns, long before Kansas City was even a consideration. I was eating a bowl of chili and watching the pre-game, and the announcers interviewed Marty. It was apparently in his neighborhood in front of his house, because he was standing there in a sweater and the street was lined with trees and it was just beautiful. Outside at my house, it was a perfect crisp autumn day as well, and I remember thinking, "This is the perfect football day." For reasons I don't understand, on perfect football days, my mind always drifts back to seeing new Cleveland Browns coach Marty Schottenheimer standing on his street in a nice sweater with a beautiful residential Fall scene behind him.

Nzoner
01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
It used to be the Chiefs but now my first thought is fantasy football,I've become quite the geek with it but it has alot of financial perks

Donger
01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Cheerleaders.

Demonpenz
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
madden

alpha_omega
01-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Red and Gold

Jilly
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
asses....and field goals. I am a fan of field goals.

PhillyChiefFan
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders

Frosty
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Heartbreak.

JuicesFlowing
01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Tailgating at Arrowhead on a chilly and sunny November morning.

CoMoChief
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
When I think football I think Rashan Salaam and Bernie Parmalee

Fish
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Pears

Chiefaholic
01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Probably one of the games a buddy and I attended together. It was one of the great rivalry games between the Chiefs and Raiders when Jeff George was their QB. Whe Chiefs had them backed up against their own goalline and DT called a safety befor the play. Sure enough, DT gets into the endzone and sacks George for a safety. The crowd errupted to a point where it was possibly the loudest it had been in all the games I've attended. The only other time I heard it that loud was when Stoyo kicked the 55 yard FG to win the game against the Broncos.

BigRichard
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I think "I hate you Grbac!"

JuicesFlowing
asses....and field goals. I am a fan of field goals.

My condolences on Herm's firing.

tooge
Tailgating at Arrowhead on a chilly and sunny November morning.

Same here (didn't want to say " this")

Pioli Zombie
01-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I think of arguing with mom because she wanted us all to act like a family and take a sunday drive. I said, but mom, the Giants game is on, im really into them. Fran Tarkenton is the balls. And Ron Johnson is a beast. Look, Dad got me hooked on this, ok? so blame HIM! But I aint leavin this TV. I worked hard all week in 3rd Grade and I aint missing this Giant-Packer game for some lame-ass, phony, family shit that you've orchastrated so that you look all happy and good for your dumb shit friends from the Temple. You dont like them anyway and they cant stand you for good reason cuz you are a big phony that browbeats her husband all day and night when all hes trying to do is get through a week looking at peoples teeth and keeping his practice above water and so, big deal, once or twice a week he gets shitfaced at Jacks Lounge and barely makes it home, well I would too if i had to listen to your crap!

so leave me be to watch my Giants game.

oh good, Jack Whitaker and Tom Brookshier are announcing it today..

thats my first memory!!!!!!

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Not necessarily. For someone who was so big on field goals he couldn't find a kicker to save his butt.

That being said, I'd have to say montana with the 49ers, the first chiefs game I ever watched was derrick thomas record setting day against the seahawks. The one that got away (should have known what I was in for then)

|Zach|
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Spending fun times with friends and family watching the Chiefs or being at Arrowhead.

BigRichard
01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I think of arguing with mom because she wanted us all to act like a family and take a sunday drive. I said, but mom, the Giants game is on, im really into them. Fran Tarkenton is the balls. And Ron Johnson is a beast. Look, Dad got me hooked on this, ok? so blame HIM! But I aint leavin this TV. I worked hard all week in 3rd Grade and I aint missing this Giant-Packer game for some lame-ass, phony, family shit that you've orchastrated so that you look all happy and good for your dumb shit friends from the Temple. You dont like them anyway and they cant stand you for good reason cuz you are a big phony that browbeats her husband all day and night when all hes trying to do is get through a week looking at peoples teeth and keeping his practice above water and so, big deal, once or twice a week he gets shitfaced at Jacks Lounge and barely makes it home, well I would too if i had to listen to your crap!

so leave me be to watch my Giants game.

oh good, Jack Whitaker and Tom Brookshier are announcing it today..

thats my first memory!!!!!!

Get some help!!!

Pioli Zombie
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
My first Chiefs memory was Thanksgiving Day 1971. Chiefs at the Lions. Could only see the first half because the stupid family wanted to go out and have a nice, thanksgiving dinner in Sturbridge Village just like the Pilgrims ( we lived in Connecticut about 30 minutes away). Im like, oh come on, its football!!!!!!
But no, i had to go. Missed the Rams-Cowboys game too which ticked me off because both teams always wore white back then i knew one of them would be wearing blue!!!!!!!
So get this! We get home, and the stupid Motorola Color TV had blown a picture tube!
so for the rest of the season, im watching a black & white tv, which to a 9 year old kid is pretty tragic.

anyway, i think the Chiefs won that game. I liked their red pants.

Jilly
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM

it was sarcasm. sorry.