PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Athan shredded on 810

Pages : [1] 2

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Schefter is on with Petro and said that on the Friday that the Shanahan rumors broke, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan emailed Schefter's network, and the email, in all caps, said, THE DEAL IS DONE.

Laughter followed.

Update:

According to Petro, Athan called 810 and said Schefter was not providing a fair representation of the email exchange.

Said Schefter was linking Nick with Mort. Not really how it worked. Nick sent an email to Adam saying it was Shanahan because of reports on ESPN and then sent later emails when he (Athan) was hearing other things.

Woodrow Call
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
LMAO

Wish I could've heard it.

Donger
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Shefter is on with Petro and said that on the Friday that the Shanahan rumors broke, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan emailed Shefter's network, and the email, in all caps, said, THE DEAL IS DONE.

Laughter followed.

Well, at least Nick didn't misspell anything.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
That will leave a mark. LMAO

Sure-Oz
LMAO, wow

DeezNutz
Well, at least Nick didn't misspell anything.

ROFL

I fixed the starter, you SOB.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Can't wait for you to spin this one.

WPI= losers.

sedated
01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
The sad part is, even a blind man can hit a bullseye if he throws enough darts.

blueballs
will his sheep believe the story

Count Alex's Losses
I'm not sure what the issue here is. Nick didn't report anything that wasn't accurate. For Schefter to reveal private communication like that is pretty low. Schefter is a POS.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure what the issue here is. Nick didn't report anything that wasn't accurate. For Schefter to reveal private communication like that is pretty low. Schefter is a POS.

How is saying that the DEAL IS DONE accurate?

You're standing by this assertion?

Donger

You are asserting that the deal is done? Shanahan has signed to be the HC of the Chiefs?

warrior
That will leave a mark. LMAO

:LOL:

Sure-Oz
Technically it's done, he's NOT coming here

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 11:26 AM
How is saying that the DEAL IS DONE accurate?

You're standing by this assertion?

A private e-mail to another media member is not a report.

Nick did a great job and did not jump the gun like Mortensen.

The Bad Guy

Are you for fucking real? He's been saying Shanahan has been a done deal for weeks, and when Haley is hired, you'll look like an even bigger retard than before.

It's also not private communications when Athan SENT the e-mail. He put himself out there, and again, he failed.

You're a POS for passing off bullshit lies as truth.

dirk digler

Shanahan signing was not accurate

KCrockaholic

so your saying the deal is done?

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 11:27 AM
He's been saying Shanahan has been a done deal for weeks

He most certainly has not.

DeezNutz
The other detail was that Schefter was acting like he hardly knew who the fuck Nick Athan was.

"This guy from KC. Nick. Aaaathan? Aaaaiiiithan?"

Petro helps.

"Yeah, Nick Athan..." Story continues.

It wasn't pretty.

KCrockaholic
Are you for ****ing real? He's been saying Shanahan has been a done deal for weeks, and when Haley is hired, you'll look like an even bigger retard than before.

It's also not private communications when Athan SENT the e-mail. He put himself out there, and again, he failed.

You're a POS for passing off bullshit lies as truth.

QFT ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
Shanahan signing was not accurate

AGAIN...A PRIVATE E-MAIL is NOT a report.

At no point in this process did Nick report that Shanahan was a done deal.

You guys are ridiculous.

Donger
01-28-2009, 11:28 AM

You guys are ridiculous.

What has he reported?

beavis

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Count Alex's Losses
What has he reported?

Brock
LOL at Nick's attempt to insinuate himself into the domain of real journalism.

kstater
What has he reported?

You must pay $119.99 to find out that information.

DeezNutz

And Schefter didn't say it was a report. He said he received an email stating that the deal was done, and his reaction was, "What the heck is going on here?!?"

And then he called some sources and found out, at least according to him, that it was false.

And mods, what's going on with my sig?

Donger
01-28-2009, 11:30 AM

I will probably sign up if he ends up being accurate. I'll use this as a test.

So, what has he reported?

Count Alex's Losses
And Schefter didn't say it was a report.

Good. We done here?

Count Alex's Losses
I will probably sign up if he ends up being accurate. I'll use this as a test.

So, what has he reported?

Again if you would like to know, sign up.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 11:31 AM

You guys are ridiculous.

Ok I am going to have to take issue with this.

You don't email something like this and say the DEAL IS DONE and then turn around and say it is not a report. Cmon Clay you are smarter than this.

Also I assume Nick emailed Schefter to rub it in his face that Shanahan supposedly signed.

Donger
Again if you would like to know, sign up.

No.

alpha_omega
Another reason to like Petro.

Brock
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Everyone laughs at Nick and WPI.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Good. We done here?

Let's not play semantics here.

If Athan isn't 100 percent certain, the email of THE DEAL IS DONE, in all caps, doesn't get sent.

You don't email a rumor in that fashion. He put his reputation on the line.

Redrum_69
01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
WPI should be changed from War Paint Illustrated to...

We Print Inaccuracies

Count Alex's Losses
Ok I am going to have to take issue with this.

You don't email something like this and say the DEAL IS DONE and then turn around and say it is not a report. Cmon Clay you are smarter than this.

Also I assume Nick emailed Schefter to rub it in his face that Shanahan supposedly signed.

Sorry, a private e-mail is not a report.

Unless it appeared on our website, Nick did not report anything about Shanahan's deal being done.

This is a non issue.

Sure-Oz
Athan fucked up regardless, don't email it's done when it isn't

what a dumbass

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Let's not play semantics here.

If Athan isn't 100 percent certain, the email of THE DEAL IS DONE, in all caps, doesn't get sent.

You don't email a rumor in that fashion. He put his reputation on the line.

Yep.

The Bad Guy

The only person in history who was blindly followed as much as Nick Athan is David Korseh.

Count Alex's Losses

When Nick is 100 percent certain we report something.

In this case, we didn't.

Sorry.

Non issue.

DeezNutz

Unless it appeared on our website, Nick did not report anything about Shanahan's deal being done.

This is a non issue.

So you're pretending that the email didn't exist. Let's forget that happened because it's not convenient?

What makes the email priceless was the appearance. All caps. Fucking beautiful.

Christofire
Maybe it wasn't cool for Schefter to reveal that e-mail. But you're asking for trouble when you try to stick it to a national figure with an all-caps e-mail. That's pride talking, right there.

Brock
01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
anyone think WPI got clowned by Arrowhead? I do.

dirk digler

This is a non issue.

The problem for Nick now is that he has been exposed and everyone knows he is the one that started this rumor.

Dicky McElephant
Athan fucked up regardless, don't email it's done when it isn't

what a dumbass

This. Why would you send an e-mail saying it's done....to a person like Adam Schefter....when it's not. Nick fucked up big time on this one.

Count Alex's Losses
So you're pretending that the email didn't exist. Let's forget that happened because it's not convenient?

I'm sure it exists.

But it's an e-mail.

Who cares?

You guys hate on Nick for a lot of stupid reasons, though. I'm not surprised.

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:36 AM

I'm starting to think this is Pioli trying to find leaks. Nick might be losing his source once the janitor gets fired.

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 11:36 AM
The problem for Nick now is that he has been exposed and everyone knows he is the one that started this rumor.

Your giant leap of faith is quite impressive.

And erroneous.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm sure it exists.

But it's an e-mail.

Who cares?

Nah. He tried to run with the big dogs and got smoked on radio row.

Who cares? WTF.

Just fire off information at random that may or may not be true? That's cool?

Donger
I'm sure it exists.

But it's an e-mail.

Who cares?

Can we assume that the confidence you previously showed about signing Shanahan has become reduced?

Count Alex's Losses
Nah. He tried to run with the big dogs and got smoked on radio row.

Oh no he sent an e-mail that was inaccurate!

AN E-MAIL!

TERRIBLE!

:rolleyes:

Bowser
01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Athan got thrown under the bus publicly by Schefter. One way or another, this ends with one of these guys having zero credibility left. I'll leave it to those who follow this more closely than I as to whom between the two has more credibility as of right now, because I don't know.

blueballs
38 The Spot got cancelled or is off the air anyway
where does NA get air time these days
is he missing the spot light and got carried away

KCrockaholic
I still dont understand why you still have a pic of the Rat with a Chiefs hat on as your avatar? WTF? it aint gonna happen

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 11:40 AM

AN E-MAIL!

TERRIBLE!

:rolleyes:

Address the rest of my post.

Journalists don't, or shouldn't, just fire off shit without being confident of its validity.

We're talking about people who do this for a living, not message board ****ing morons. If you can't see why the email is a big deal for Nick's credibility, well...

King_Chief_Fan
01-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Good. We done here?

of course not....obviously Nick got clowned and it needs to be discussed.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
38 The Spot got cancelled or is off the air anyway
where does NA get air time these days
is he missing the spot light and got carried away

He randomly shows up on NBC action news on sunday night

KC kid
No matter what, Nick really took this up the side of the jaw. The only thing funnier is watching some people try to defend it by whining about the e-mail being private and confidential. Nick just wanted the attention if he was lucky enough to guess it right. He has to pay when he GUESSES it wrong.

dirk digler
Your giant leap of faith is quite impressive.

And erroneous.

So why did he email Schefter and say THE DEAL IS DONE?

Chiefnj2
01-28-2009, 11:42 AM

This is a non issue.

Why did Nick purposefully lie to Schefter?

Skip Towne
01-28-2009, 11:42 AM

And Nick is a buffoon. But we already knew that.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Athan got thrown under the bus publicly by Schefter. One way or another, this ends with one of these guys having zero credibility left. I'll leave it to those who follow this more closely than I as to whom between the two has more credibility as of right now, because I don't know.

How can you say Schefter has no credibility, especially with matters relating to the Broncos?

KCrockaholic
Why did Nick purposefully lie to Schefter?

Nick was dumb enough that he thought Schefter would ruin his rep and jump to conclusions and begin reporting on NFLN immediately before he found out any facts

Sure-Oz
Has Jack Harry talked about this since last week?

sedated
01-28-2009, 11:44 AM
The problem for Nick now is that he has been exposed

he was exposed long ago as a fraud.

i guess Chris Mortensen didn't get that memo, though.

KCrockaholic
01-28-2009, 11:44 AM
How can you say Schefter has no credibility, especially with matters relating to the Broncos?

thats true, Schefter sucks Denvers balls all day, why wouldnt he know what is going on with Bronco related topics? He was the Donks beat writer not long ago...remember?

Fire Me Boy!
01-28-2009, 11:45 AM

This is a non issue.

Well, really, it's OK to use email in journalism, as long as you attribute it to email. Did Nick's email say it was off the record?

Stinger
This caption that Clay's been using all week on Shannahan coming to KC pretty much somes up this thread.

http://i42.tinypic.com/122nu9z.gif

dirk digler
Has Jack Harry talked about this since last week?

Nope. You know it is funny he showed up on 810 gloating and now he is pretty much quiet.

Brock
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Al Saunders to Detroit part II

DeezNutz
Well, really, it's OK to use email in journalism, as long as you attribute it to email. Did Nick's email say it was off the record?

Exactly.

If his name is on it, he has to own it. People forget about this, what with all the emailing and texting that we do on a daily basis.

Just because it's easy doesn't mean that there aren't consequences.

Sure-Oz
Nope. You know it is funny he showed up on 810 gloating and now he is pretty much quiet.

I would've thought that they would've had him on to ask him what happend...who knows

Stinger
01-28-2009, 11:47 AM

When has that ever happened? I pictured Jack yelling and screaming from out of the womb.

Fire Me Boy!
He randomly shows up on NBC action news on sunday night

Because Nick is their Chiefs insider. It's total BS, and those guys can't get it through their heads that Nick wears clown shoes.

dirk digler
I would've thought that they would've had him on to ask him what happend...who knows

I don't think he has retracted a thing. Could be wrong though.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Because Nick is their Chiefs insider. It's total BS, and those guys can't get it through their heads that Nick wears clown shoes.

Nick is pals with Jack Harry too it seems, that might be why he gets on there....

They always pimp his magazine too

Skip Towne
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM

In this case, we didn't.

Sorry.

Non issue.

It's one damn funny non issue.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 11:49 AM
It looks like they pulled that story from KSHB's website

Mark M

AN E-MAIL!

It's not the fact that he sent an inaccurate email.

It's the fact that he sent an inaccurate email to a member of the media while acting as if he was scooping that member of the media.

Otherwise, there is absolutely ZERO reason to send the email. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

The fact you don't understand why that's important proves you have a lot to learn about the way the media (and journalism -- which are two distinctly different things, BTW) works in this country.

As of now, whatever dreams Nick had of getting a job with a legit organization might was well be put to rest for a while, because I guarandamntee Schefter, Petro, and everyone else who's heard the story are all laughing at him, thus ruining whatever meager reputation he may have had. He is now a joke to them, just as he is to folks here. And without credibility, he's nothing.

This is what happens when people with no experience try doing jobs about which they know little, if anything. It's even worse when those people aren't smart enough to realize they're in over their heads.

MM
~~ROFL

dirk digler

Yep. Jack needs to get his own sources or somebody more reputable.

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
It looks like they pulled that story from KSHB's website

Probably threatened to sue.

Fire Me Boy!
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Speaking from experience Clayton, when you're talking to a reporter, whether through email, phone or face to face, if you don't want it repeated, you need to say it's off the record.

When I was reporting for the newspaper my friends and I had an understanding that pretty much everything was off the record unless I specifically asked. And they would KNOW it was on the record if I called and introduced myself, saying, "Hi, this is Fire Me Boy! with the Daily Newspaper."

blueballs
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Nick needs to sell WPI
it has potential with a different head man

Sure-Oz
Mort looked like a major ass, so it's ok for him since he "reported" it...im sure athowned would've done it if he was on tv as well

Donger
Has WPI ever gotten anything correct? If so, some examples?

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Speaking from experience Clayton, when you're talking to a reporter, whether through email, phone or face to face, if you don't want it repeated, you need to say it's off the record.

When I was reporting for the newspaper my friends and I had an understanding that pretty much everything was off the record unless I specifically asked. And they would KNOW it was on the record if I called and introduced myself, saying, "Hi, this is Fire Me Boy! with the Daily Newspaper."
Your experience is dogshit compared to WPI, we all know they charge way more

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Mort looked like a major ass, so it's ok for him since he "reported" it...im sure athowned would've done it if he was on tv as well

To be honest, Mort never said it was a done deal. Mort might have said it was iniment, but I don't believe he screamed it was a done deal.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 11:53 AM
To be honest, Mort never said it was a done deal. Mort might have said it was iniment, but I don't believe he screamed it was a done deal.

He still looked like an ass because of it, but that is true...

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Has WPI ever gotten anything correct? If so, some examples?

They came out after Pioli was signed saying they knew 8 days prior.

Donger
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM

Are you serious?

sedated
01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
This is what happens when people with no experience try doing jobs about which they know little, if anything.

Anybody can sit down and write and claim to be a journalist. But there are more factors to that profession than putting words on paper, like ethics and credibility.

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Are you serious?

I never joke when it comes to WPI's credibility.

blaise
Wasn't Kevin Keitzman on the air last week crying up a storm that Jack Harry wasn't getting national credit for breaking the story that Shanahan and the Chiefs was almost a done deal?

Mark M
Nick needs to sell WPI
it has potential with a different head man

Actually, what they need to do is stop trying to be ESPN, stop trying to scoop everyone by relying too heavily on rumors, and stop using sources who have been proven unreliable. The use of spellcheck and getting some sort of editor to make their stuff readable would also help.

What makes WPI so ridiculous -- other than the fact they charge money without really providing anything of true value -- is Nick's desire to break some major story ... some day. So he jumps on every rumor and reports it as fact without doing due diligence.

It's Journalism 101, but he has yet to understand that, even after all these years of doing it.

MM
~~:shrug:

KCTitus
premium membership has its privileges I guess...

blaise
01-28-2009, 11:58 AM

I had that scoop 9 days prior.

Der Flöprer
01-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I never would've thought that Nick Athan would be more reviled than that piece of shit Adam Schefter.

Rooster
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM

STFU dumbass.

kstater
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I never would've thought that Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan would be more reviled than that piece of shit Adam Schefter.

Are you new here?

Skip Towne
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
It's not the fact that he sent an inaccurate email.

It's the fact that he sent an inaccurate email to a member of the media while acting as if he was scooping that member of the media.

Otherwise, there is absolutely ZERO reason to send the email. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

The fact you don't understand why that's important proves you have a lot to learn about the way the media (and journalism -- which are two distinctly different things, BTW) works in this country.

As of now, whatever dreams Nick had of getting a job with a legit organization might was well be put to rest for a while, because I guarandamntee Schefter, Petro, and everyone else who's heard the story are all laughing at him, thus ruining whatever meager reputation he may have had. He is now a joke to them, just as he is to folks here. And without credibility, he's nothing.

This is what happens when people with no experience try doing jobs about which they know little, if anything. It's even worse when those people aren't smart enough to realize they're in over their heads.

MM
~~ROFL

I am sure Pioli will discover this shortly.

blaise
I never knew this. There's a Chiefs site you have to pay to get on? Because God knows there's nowhere else on the internet to get free football information.

Bowser

I didn't even come close to saying that. I was making the statement that if Shanahan comes here, Scheffter will have no credibility (which undoubtedly he will backtrack over, and say that he was just covering for his friend, blahblah), and if Shanahan doesn't come here, it will take all of Athan's credibility, which I leave to other more informed people to debate the validity of.

Delano
What were the contents of the e-mail?

Did Schefter report the contents on the radio?

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
So he jumps on every rumor and reports it as fact without doing due diligence.

This is not even remotely close to being true.

Mark M
Anybody can sit down and write and claim to be a journalist. But there are more factors to that profession than putting words on paper, like ethics and credibility.

Having worked in a news room, I can attest that is true. Especially the "ethics" part.

The problem with most modern reporting is that there's no legwork any more -- it's not reporting, it's stenography. Talking heads and columnists just repeat what "important" people say without checking to see if it's actually true or contradictory to previous statements. You know, just basic fact checking.

The media is neither liberal nor conservative. It is, for the most part, just plain lazy and interested primarily in profit.

MM
~~:sulk:

Sure-Oz
I never knew this. There's a Chiefs site you have to pay to get on? Because God knows there's nowhere else on the internet to get free football information.

But its worth the $109.99 to know or not know 8 days earlier!

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
if Shanahan doesn't come here, it will take all of Athan's credibility

LOL

Except that...Nick hasn't reported Shanahan is coming here. Only that he is a candidate.

You guys are hilarious. I'm going to lunch. I bet this thread has another 100 replies when I get back, though. LMAO

smittysbar
01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
To say this is a non-matter is pretty ridiculous. If you don't think that Nick feel like a complete and total jack ass about this, your crazy. He tried to out scoop the big boys, and got caught. Adam and most others that know the story are now laughing at the thought of this guy thinking he has any credibility.

You say that Adam shouldn't have said anything about the e-mail, but if it turned out to be true, I bet you would be telling us the story about Nick sending this e-mail. If he didn't want it to be public he should have said so, if he didn't think it was accurate he should have elaborated a little more than, "THE DEAL IS DONE".

I will guarantee you one thing, bet e wishes he had this e-mail back.

Just don't play this off as a, "no issue", I bet it is a issue to Nick, now that he looks like a jackass to higher members of the Media.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 12:03 PM

Are you ready to revise your position on the importance of the email? This is pretty meaningful.

Fire Me Boy!
LOL

Except that...Nick hasn't reported Shanahan is coming here. Only that he is a candidate.

You guys are hilarious. I'm going to lunch. I bet this thread has another 100 replies when I get back, though. LMAO

Can you respond to my assertions regarding the use of email in journalism?

Phobia
Heh. If I hadn't ditched WPI 2 years ago I'd have definitely left today.

It's a shame too. The concept has potential.

Codered
01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Heard it on the radio at lunch... Figured when I got back Nick's boy toy would be defending him. Guess I was right.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2009, 12:05 PM

That is what Athan has built his ENTIRE career on. Reporting BS rumors as fact. It seems you are starting to take after him.

Has WPI ever broken anything? I'm being completely serious. And by breaking, I mean putting something in print (and not personal conversations with you Claythan) before anyone else had it.

Deberg_1990

Must have been what lured you over there? Well, that and the big $$$$

Bowser
LOL

Fair enough - I should have qualified that with "If the story is true about him sending Schefter an e-mail saying THE DEAL IS DONE".

*trying to stay neutral here*

Stewie
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I heard the conversation while on my way to lunch. It was quite comical. Petro and Schefter were following the trail of who said what and when regarding the rat. They were shocked that Mortenson came out and said the deal was done. As for "the erroneous one," he was kind of the side show circus clown that everyone had a good laugh about. Petro's laughter was very telling, as in, "that guy's a joke."

Delano
Doesn't Nick Athan have an account here? Why doesn't he defend himself? There are thousands of potential subscribers here, but he has Clayton doing his legwork.

Doesn't make sense.

The Bad Guy
Heh. If I hadn't ditched WPI 2 years ago I'd have definitely left today.

It does. With credible people leading the operation, it has real potential.

With that dick with ears, and the basement virgin leading the way, I give it another 6-month shelf life.

Donger
That is what Athan has built his ENTIRE career on. Reporting BS rumors as fact. It seems you are starting to take after him.

Has WPI ever broken anything? I'm being completely serious. And by breaking, I mean putting something in print (and not personal conversations with you Claythan) before anyone else had it.

This is a question that I would like to have an answer. It shouldn't be too hard to ascertain.

blaise
I just want to let the people that pay for WPI know that I can get them a totally sweet board stretcher for just $119.99. It's never even been used.

KCrockaholic
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
LOL

how is he even a candidate if Schefter has said the Chiefs and Shanahan havent even spoken? according to many sources nothing has happened other than someone saying the chiefs had "targeted" Shanahan, im confused.

Phobia
Must have been what lured you over there? Well, that and the big $$$$

Heh. It was never big money but it was supposed to be a house payment which isn't bad for a part-time gig.

the Talking Can
WPI has no credibility left to lose.....

and they went ass up on the Rat

Codered
Jack Harry has probably already told the 810 crew that it came from the idiot over at WPI. It probably has been a running gag for a few days. The snickering from Petro was quite telling.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Wasn't Kevin Keitzman on the air last week crying up a storm that Jack Harry wasn't getting national credit for breaking the story that Shanahan and the Chiefs was almost a done deal?

yes. Then Jack showed up gloating

Mark M
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Okay. If that's true, then why does he make so many mistakes? Why does he claim things as being "done deals" (in private or otherwise) when they're not?

From where I'm sitting, it can only be a few options:

1. He reports rumor as fact.
2. He's reporting his opinion as fact.
3. His "source" sucks ass, yet he still uses him/her.

So ... which is it? Because no one who has a job so reliant on credibility would continually make so many mistakes unless one of the three (or even more than one) was true.

Well, he could be the dumbest fucking person in America. But he's convinced a disturbing number of people to pay way too much for way too little, so he can't be that stupid.

MM
~~:hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Can you respond to my assertions regarding the use of email in journalism?

I don't really care. I have to go.

Phobia
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
This is a question that I would like to have an answer. It shouldn't be too hard to ascertain.

Heh. They could have broken Passion Party and Lost Playbook but Nick let Carl's cronies tell him what to do.

bowener

I think it is part of the Pioli secret police. I dont mean that the police themselves are secret, I mean that they police the secrets. They probably want to rat out all the little cracks in their franchise. If they leak enough false information for long enough, it will make all the informants look stupid and wrong, thus making sites such as WPI look stupid and wrong.

PIOLI! YOU GENIUS!!

blaise
I heard Keitzman on the air just yesterday still trying to work the angle that Shanahan might be coming here.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 12:11 PM
To say this is a non-matter is pretty ridiculous. If you don't think that Nick feel like a complete and total jack ass about this, your crazy. He tried to out scoop the big boys, and got caught. Adam and most others that know the story are now laughing at the thought of this guy thinking he has any credibility.

You say that Adam shouldn't have said anything about the e-mail, but if it turned out to be true, I bet you would be telling us the story about Nick sending this e-mail. If he didn't want it to be public he should have said so, if he didn't think it was accurate he should have elaborated a little more than, "THE DEAL IS DONE".

Just don't play this off as a, "no issue", I bet it is a issue to Nick, now that he looks like a jackass to higher members of the Media.

Yep exactly right. I guarantee you they would be touting this email if Shanahan had signed. That is a mortal lock.

Deberg_1990
01-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Heh. They could have broken Passion Party and Lost Playbook but Nick let Carl's cronies tell him what to do.

Thats telling.

IM assuming they didnt want to lose their press passes?

Brock
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Fanboy journalism doesn't work, CASE IN POINT

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Doesn't Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan have an account here? Why doesn't he defend himself? There are thousands of potential subscribers here, but he has Clayton doing his legwork.

Doesn't make sense.

I agree. Clay shouldn't be defending him Nick should have the balls to defend himself but he won't.

Mark M
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't really care.

And thus, the Mission Statement of WPI was born ...

:LOL:

Dear lord. Those who want to be taken seriously do care, especially when questioned by those who have actual experience in the topic at hand.

The fact you don't care is why WPI will either be gone in a year, or be the biggest joke on the Internet. You all don't care about facts. You don't care about truth. You don't care about basic journalistic standards or ethics. You don't care about your credibility.

As long as enough <strike><srike>suckers</srike></strike> <strike><srike>victims</srike></strike> people pay up, it's all good.

MM
~~:shake:

Donger

I'm not sure what any of that means.

As I understand it, WPI charges people for the information they provide. If the information is just regurgitated news and opinion, I fail to see why anyone would pay for it when they can get it for free elsewhere.

Sure-Oz
Alot of people are suckers

smittysbar
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM

I would just like to add, the only other scenario would be him trying to put out bogus info, to make other look bad, but I doubt that to be the case, as it would make him look bad as well.

the Talking Can
where is the prancing and cheering "it's done" in this thread?

I thought all that false bravado and fake celebration over fake news was hilarious....

funny how things change...and yet don't

FAIL

Bowser
Fanboy journalism doesn't work, CASE IN POINT

You've just made an enemy of Rufus Dawes.

Brock
I agree. Clay shouldn't be defending him Nick should have the balls to defend himself but he won't.

Balls isn't WPI's big selling point. That's why every time a big story really breaks, Claythan pops up with "Nick knew about that a week ago, we just couldn't tell anybody".

Fire Me Boy!
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM

Nice. You come on here crying foul about something, then "don't care" when someone with knowledge on the subject says you're wrong.

Very nice.

I've said before, and I'll say again, you'd do yourself well to distance yourself from Nick Athan. The guy is a joke, and I suspect you actually know this, but don't want to bag on your employer (which I can appreciate).

You're a talented individual, but you're blind support of Athan is both tiring and utterly ridiculous.

kstater
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure what any of that means.

As I understand it, WPI charges people for the information they provide. If the information is just regurgitated news and opinion, I fail to see why anyone would pay for it when they can get it for free elsewhere.

People buy AFLAC insurance which is basically workers comp which you would get regardless of the AFLAC insurance. There's a sucker born every minute.

MahiMike
01-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I really can't understand all the hate for WPI. Seems like they're working hard to put something together. If you don't wanna buy, don't. Just quit acting like 3 yr olds.

blaise
01-28-2009, 12:20 PM
People buy AFLAC insurance which is basically workers comp which you would get regardless of the AFLAC insurance. There's a sucker born every minute.

I need to go get extended warranty on my DVD player and some car rental insurance.

blaise
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I really can't understand all the hate for WPI. Seems like they're working hard to put something together. If you don't wanna buy, don't. Just quit acting like 3 yr olds.

Just because it's funny.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM

I nominate the Talking Can, the bad guy, or Milkman to answer this question. Any or all.

BigRedChief
01-28-2009, 12:23 PM

I had LJ's broken foot in print on here 2 days before it broke nationally or locally. Took a lot of crap about it too. Remember? chiefs were saying its a sprained ankle, no big deal, he'll probably play next sunday etc.etc.

Donger

I don't hate WPI. But I don't understand the allure (and the corresponding dollars) if they have never broken any news about the Chiefs.

the Talking Can

well, if they didn't spend every minute of every day spamming this site, it wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

if i was posting on their board, you'd have a point

plus, they're run a by a dishonest, illiterate, schmoo who basically makes shit up....

the Talking Can
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I nominate the Talking Can, the bad guy, or Milkman to answer this question. Any or all.

waaay ahead of you

:D

The Bad Guy
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM

Just shows how much of scam artists you fucking liars are.

All I know is if my employer was called out on the radio, and I came running to the defense of my boyfriend, I wouldn't say "I don't care" when there was too much heat in the kitchen.

You want to know why you'll never get laid? Beacuse you're a lazy, piece of shit with zero credibility and no ambition.

EyePod
The sad part is, even a blind man can hit a bullseye if he throws enough darts.

This is the problem with online news. There's absolutely no accountability.

Chiefnj2
The same people reveling in WPI's public flogging were congratulating Clayton last week when the "news" first broke.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I had LJ's broken foot in print on here 2 days before it broke nationally or locally. Took a lot of crap about it too. Remember? chiefs were saying its a sprained ankle, no big deal, he'll probably play next sunday etc.etc.

I trust you 10-fold.

You've posted some great info on here that came out to be true.

Still, you aren't charging people a premium for false information. You put up something that doesn't happen? No big deal because your intentions are good.

Rooster
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
The same people reveling in WPI's public flogging were congratulating Clayton last week when the "news" first broke.

Exactly!! :clap:

BigRedChief
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I trust you 10-fold.

You've posted some great info on here that came out to be true.

Still, you aren't charging people a premium for false information. You put up something that doesn't happen? No big deal because your intentions are good.
Yeah I had Herm was gone and sat on it. but that could have been a guess and had a 95% of being right.

kstater
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Like hell I was.

EyePod
01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Technically it's done, he's NOT coming here

Good Point!! Do you work for WPI? Nice Spin!!!

Brock
01-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Some of The same people reveling in WPI's public flogging were congratulating Clayton last week when the "news" first broke.

FYP

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM

I am not flogging him just asking pertinent questions. And yes I congratulated him last week because several media outlets said the deal was done all because of Nick false rumors.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Good Point!! Do you work for WPI? Nice Spin!!!

LOL hell no

Lzen
01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm sure it exists.

But it's an e-mail.

Who cares?

I wonder if the reason people don't like Nick is that he reports BS. And on top of that, you have to pay a premium price for BS reports. Honestly, I don't think I have ever said anything regarding NA on here. But I have to question how many things concerning the Chiefs that he has ever actually correctly reported and how many things he has incorrectly reported.

The Bad Guy
01-28-2009, 12:37 PM

If you've worked with Nick Athan at any point in your life, you would understand the hate for WPI. I've worked with Athan, talked to him, and saw first-hand how much of a con artist he is.

Claythan comes over here with WPI news all the time, none of it comes true and he always has an excuse.

It has nothing to do with wanting to buy versus not wanting to. It has everything to do with credibility and honesty.

smittysbar
01-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey, I have no problem giving credit when credit is due. One the same note, I have no problem calling him out on something like this, which is obviously a HUGE fuck up. For him to come on here and defend him and act like it's no big deal is astounding, and makes him look like an idiot.

Iowanian
01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
For Schefter to reveal private communication like that is pretty low. Schefter is a POS.

OOOOhhhhhhhhh.

You mean like when you've share information given to you in a PM or Rep immediately on the main board?

You're right. Thats a douchebag thing to do.

Lzen
01-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Saying they knew after the fact doesn't count.

wutamess
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I found the original email and here's the header:

Subject: The DEAL IS DONE!
Body: The Rat is a Chiefs.

Also got video footage of Nick afterwards:
http://www.john-hodge.com/DancingNapoleonDynamite.gif

Frosty
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Has your source said anything about the coaching search?

milkman
01-28-2009, 12:46 PM

I don't really pay much attention to WPI.

I went there when Phil first signed on and found that the overall IQ of the posters was so low that it made my head hurt, but beyond that, I'm fairly apathetic about the whole thing.

I will say that Claythan makes him self look more like a petulant child every time he tries to defnd it.

kysirsoze
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Even if WPI was accurate 100% of the time, I don't see the value in paying to get information that will be all over this board about 15 seconds after it goes up over there.

Fire Me Boy!
01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
OOOOhhhhhhhhh.

You mean like when you've share information given to you in a PM or Rep immediately on the main board?

You're right. Thats a douchebag thing to do.

Or a transcript of a private IM session with a chick he wants to bang.

ROFL

BigRedChief
01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Has your source said anything about the coaching search?
Nope. Nor the GM search either. It's pretty tight lipped over there at 1 Arrowhead drive.

Dicky McElephant
01-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't really pay much attention to WPI.

I went there when Phil first signed on and found that the overall IQ of the posters was so low that it made my head hurt, but beyond that, I'm fairly apathetic about the whole thing.

I will say that Claythan makes him self look more like a petulant child every time he tries to defnd it.

You should see the amount of people that don't want to draft a QB at #3. It's fucking amazing.

kstater
01-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Or a transcript of a private IM session with a chick he wants to bang.

ROFL

Don't forget getting butthurt over someone contacting said chick pointing to the transcript.

Redrum_69
01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Maybe Nick told that woman that Boba Virgin was over here talking smack on her....

milkman
01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
You should see the amount of people that don't want to draft a QB at #3. It's ****ing amazing.

Hell, my head is about ready to explode just from the people here.

Lzen
01-28-2009, 01:02 PM
LOL

Wait a minute. So, was it or was it not Nick Athan from whom Jack Harry and Mort were getting their info on Friday? Seriously, I want to know.

Also, nobody has answered the other question as of yet. How many times has Athan broken news correctly compared to how many times he has been wrong?

Frosty
01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Nope. Nor the GM search either. It's pretty tight lipped over there at 1 Arrowhead drive.

Okay, thanks. I was at least hoping you would be able to tell that Krumrie had been sent packing. :sulk:

Fire Me Boy!
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Don't forget getting butthurt over someone contacting said chick pointing to the transcript.

No, that wasn't cool, if you ask me.

I just was laughing at the irony that he's upset at the use of Nick's email, yet he routinely posts private IM chats.

blueballs
01-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe the same people who where slapping WPI on the back
are attacking now -because they were made the fool

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe the same people who where slapping WPI on the back
are attacking now -because they were made the fool

Good point. I suspect if athan did actually land a huge story at this point I doubt anybody would believe him. Seeing how as the majority of his articles contain an enormous amount of "wolf"

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Another reason to like Petro.

NOT.

Hell, my head is about ready to explode just from the people here.

Word.

sedated
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
How many times has Athan broken news correctly compared to how many times he has been wrong?

I'm not sure if Herm's impending firing counts, everyone on earth knew he was gonna be shit-canned.

But you don't blow the whistle on a retarded kid for a double-dribble, so if you give them credit for that one, the score is something like: WPI - 1, Truth - 3,652.

Manila-Chief
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe it wasn't cool for Schefter to reveal that e-mail. But you're asking for trouble when you try to stick it to a national figure with an all-caps e-mail. That's pride talking, right there.

How can an email to a major sports reporter, about sports, meant to be the first to make the report, ... how is that a private email? If it were personal matters it would be private. And, had the info been reality, Nick would be bragging he put it out there first. ... not saying if it was an announcement or not ... but, it certainly was not private.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Here's an update:

According to Petro, Athan called 810 and said Schefter was not providing a fair representation of the exchange.

Said Schefter was linking Nick with Mort. Not really how it worked. Nick sent an email to Adam saying it was Shanahan b/c of ESPN and then sent later emails when he (Athan) was hearing other things.

unothadeal
01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
What was it Stephen Colbert called the "newscaster voice"? Adam Schefter takes it to the extreme. He takes it even extremer than extreme.

FringeNC
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Athan has a good gig going. Fans pay him money to read legit news sites, rumor sights, and ChiefsPlanet posts, and then spin that into a poorly written fiction short story.

Chief_in_Commander
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM

In this case, we didn't.

Sorry.

Non issue.

So when YOU guys are 99% certain you email somebody who can ACTUALLY find it out to get them to check it for you and then when they get there sources to confirm or throw it you claim you knew first or claim non-report.

Dayze
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
So when YOU guys are 99% certain you email somebody who can ACTUALLY find it out to get them to check it for you and then when they get there sources to confirm or throw it you claim you knew first or claim non-report.

sounds about right.

Fat Elvis
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5420592&postcount=318

Fat Elvis
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5420428&postcount=259

Fat Elvis
01-28-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5419923&postcount=153

Fat Elvis
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5419866&postcount=134

Chiefnj2
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
"Except that...Nick hasn't reported Shanahan is coming here. Only that he is a candidate."

Why did you take credit for being "right" when ESPN reported the erroneous agreement? If WPI never said he was coming to KC, how could WPI have been correct?

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5419923&postcount=153

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5420592&postcount=318

ownage

KC_Connection
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM

I remember on Friday night he said that the Shanahan signing would happen by the end of the weekend. I'm still waiting.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
ownage

That's gotta' hurt.:doh!:

Fat Elvis
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5420611&postcount=323

Mr. Laz
01-28-2009, 02:16 PM
and that means what?

that people tried to give WPI the benefit of the doubt and it blew up in their faces?

that only makes it worse

it proves that WPI/Goatboy are given a fair chance and that people only bag on them because they can't stop fugging up.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Again, I'd like to point out the update at the top.

It's unlikely to change opinions, and it might very well be Athan covering his own ass, but I'm just sayin'...

orange
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Again, I'd like to point out the update at the top.

It's unlikely to change opinions, and it might very well be Athan covering his own ass, but I'm just sayin'...

So Athan sent a chest-beating email to Schefter to gloat over a Mortensen rumor. I don't see how that lends Athan any greater credibility.

Jim Jones
01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Schefter is in denial.

Shanahan is ours.

Pioli didn't wait all this time to can Herm Edwards for no reason. He waited all this time because he wasn't sure he could get Shanahan. Now that Herm has been fired, and news is leaking all over the place that we're "targeting" Shanahan (which I've been aware of for weeks now), it's pretty clear:

Mike Shanahan, Head Coach, Kansas City Chiefs

Nick nailed this stuff. From beginning to end. No one else was close.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fruit Ninja
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
I dont know how GoChiefs can defend any of this. Unless he was giving out false information, he just got owned again. Its been happening alot lately in regards to Nick. lol

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
So Athan sent a chest-beating email to Schefter to gloat over a Mortensen rumor. I don't see how that lends Athan any greater credibility.

Not saying it does. Just pointing out, for the record, that Athan is claiming the exchange was distorted.

I agree that it makes no sense that he would be so enthusiastic over a report he was seeing, like the rest of us, from ESPN.

I'm not buying it, but since I started the discussion, I felt compelled to update the thread.

orange
01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Not saying it does. Just pointing out, for the record, that Athan is claiming the exchange was distorted.

I agree that it makes no sense that he would be so enthusiastic over a report he was seeing, like the rest of us, from ESPN.

I'm not buying it, but since I started the discussion, I felt compelled to update the thread.

It's funny, though. Having been owned by the report of his email, Athan goes on the air to "refute" it and his version is just as bad as the original report.

"I wasn't duped by the Chiefs. I was duped by ESPN!" :doh!:

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
It's funny, though. Having been owned by the report of his email, Athan goes on the air to "refute" it and his version is just as bad as the original report.

"I wasn't duped by the Chiefs. I was duped by ESPN!" :doh!:

He didn't actually get on the air. Petro explained that he (the station?) had received a call from Athan, and then Petro related the story.

If I had to guess, GoChiefs probably notified Nick about what was going on and damage control followed.

Mr. Laz
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
don't forget the the PM's that Goatboy sent to Warpath and apparently a few others on this boy talking about shannarat and other things

Dayze
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
I dont know how GoChiefs can defend any of this. Unless he was giving out false information, he just got owned again. Its been happening alot lately in regards to Nick. lol

I like some of Claythan's takes on things, and I usually don't harp on him etc. But the WPI aspect of his persona is really irritating at times.

I'm sure he'll try to get out of it by symantics, etc...when we all knew what his comments meant. etc

Other than the WPI piece I don't mind his posts. Maybe he sould cut the cord from WPI and start his own venture. I think it would be possible.

Demonpenz
01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
when I think of athon shredding on 810 I think of him on a gibson flying v

Mr. Laz
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I like some of Claythan's takes on things

grr ..... it's people like you that encourage his bullshit :cuss:

Dayze
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
when I think of athon shredding on 810 I think of him on a gibson flying v

ROFL

Dude..when will we be blessed with more 'artwork' from you?
That sh*t is hilarious.

Phobia
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I like some of Claythan's takes on things, and I usually don't harp on him etc. But the WPI aspect of his persona is really irritating at times.

I'm sure he'll try to get out of it by symantics, etc...when we all knew what his comments meant. etc

Other than the WPI piece I don't mind his posts. Maybe he sould cut the cord from WPI and start his own venture. I think it would be possible.

Heh. That would be interesting. The moment he left WPI that site would revert 4 years. I'd actually tune in for that.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Nick nailed it!!!!!!1111

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Let me tell you and everyone else something right now:

The hatred most of you feel towards Athan, and the irritation you feel when Claythan starts running damage-control, is but a dying ember in a winter campfire compared to my absolute white-hot/blackout rage for Mortensen.

His bullshit put me in such a sour mood, that by the time I got to Wal-Mart to shop for groceries on Friday, I was ready to tear somebody's head off.

I believe a few of the conversations I had with fellow patrons who were testing my patience went something like this:

"Will you move your ass, please"?!

"Sometime before the turn of the next fucking century would be great".

"Don't look at me stupid, motherfucker; cuz' today AIN'T the day".

And then there was the yuppie couple I growled at when the woman tried to chastise me for throwing my potato chips in to the cart like a sack of laundry.

Archive this shit RIGHT NOW:

Wednesday, January 28th, 2009. DCS made the following statement:

"If I ever run in to that ass-hat Mortensen from ESPN, I will punch that motherfucker right in his fat, lying mouth".

chiefsfanintx
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Jack Harry on 810 now

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Jack Harry: Never said the Rat would be the HC. Said he could be the next HC.

Heard from several sources that Shanahan wanted control of "this or that" but the Chiefs decided to go in a different direction.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Heard from several sources that Shanahan wanted control of "this or that" but the Chiefs decided to go in a different direction.

LMAO Jack Harry is so full of shittttt. I heard him myself on Friday gloating over his news.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM

Interesting and now they are talking about Bill Cowher and saying if the Steelers win the SB his stock will go down. Saying that it could be the system and said he should try to work something out with the Chiefs.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Damage control central = Jack Harry right now on 810.

OnTheWarpath58
01-28-2009, 03:15 PM
don't forget the the PM's that Goatboy sent to Warpath and apparently a few others on this boy talking about shannarat and other things

What about it?

The only reason he sends those PM's to people he trusts, is that no one here ever believes anything he says, true or false.

Regarding this situation, all he told me was that Shanahan and the Chiefs had spoken through a third party - and he told me this weeks before the Shanahan rumor ever garnered attention.

From what I've heard from Kevin Harlan, among others, I tend to believe that there has been some contact. Shy of Shanahan actually being hired, I doubt we'll ever know for sure. So around here, it's automatically going to be deemed that WPI was talking out of their ass.

FWIW, as I've pointed out, he clued me in to what was happening with LJ weeks before it became public knowledge as well, and EVERYTHING he told me was later verified through either the Chiefs, or a national media outlet.

Personally, I think Nick is the root of all problems over there, and if someone else was to take over the leadership, they'd actually be in a position to thrive.

dirk digler
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
What about it?

The only reason he sends those PM's to people he trusts, is that no one here ever believes anything he says, true or false.

Regarding this situation, all he told me was that Shanahan and the Chiefs had spoken through a third party - and he told me this weeks before the Shanahan rumor ever garnered attention.

From what I've heard from Kevin Harlan, among others, I tend to believe that there has been some contact. Shy of Shanahan actually being hired, I doubt we'll ever know for sure. So around here, it's automatically going to be deemed that WPI was talking out of their ass.

FWIW, as I've pointed out, he clued me in to what was happening with LJ weeks before it became public knowledge as well, and EVERYTHING he told me was later verified through either the Chiefs, or a national media outlet.

Personally, I think Nick is the root of all problems over there, and if someone else was to take over the leadership, they'd actually be in a position to thrive.

Yep. Clay sends me PM's as well and I appreciate that he does.

Listen folks it isn't his fault that WPI has a bad rep it is his boss. What Clay should do from now on when this topic comes up is just say I am not getting involved and leave it at that.

FringeNC
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Damage control central = Jack Harry right now on 810.

Can you summarize his BS when he's done for those of us who can't listen?

Phobia
01-28-2009, 03:20 PM

There's the rub. Nick KNOWS that's what needs to happen and has had multiple opportunities. But he won't take that step back. Not now. Not ever.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Interesting and now they are talking about Bill Cowher and saying if the Steelers win the SB his stock will go down. Saying that it could be the system and said he should try to work something out with the Chiefs.

GODDAMNIT! The fuckin' 810 stream has been down for almost two weeks now!
Grrrrrrrr.....:cuss:

sedated
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
According to Petro, Athan called 810 and said Schefter was not providing a fair representation of the exchange.

did Petro refer to athan as "the erroneous one"?

if I was in the media and developed that nickname, I would find a new profession.

Mr. Laz

Listen folks it isn't his fault that WPI has a bad rep it is his boss. What Clay should do from now on when this topic comes up is just say I am not getting involved and leave it at that.
it becomes his fault when spams and spins for WPI

as for "What about it?" for his PM .... it's just another example of Goatsex pimping the shannahan thing and being wrong.

DeezNutz
Can you summarize his BS when he's done for those of us who can't listen?

There really wasn't much else of note. Just making sure to point out the would/could difference. Also, Kietzman stroked his hand(?), saying others were making much stronger claims that Shanahan was going to be the coach.

Jack admitted that he'd taken "a lot of hits" about this story, but he was quick to point out that he was passing along info, not claiming anything was definitely going to happen.

In sum, a lot of words and very little substance. CYA, that's all.

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Kurt Warner Story email was just read by Jack so you aren't missing much.

Phobia
Listen folks it isn't his fault that WPI has a bad rep it is his boss.
Sorry, I disagree. If he lies down in that bed with Nick, it's his fault. He lied on this thread several times. He can't have it both ways. If it's Nick's fault then own that. But don't spin it to save face. We're well beyond that.

Dayze
Heh. That would be interesting. The moment he left WPI that site would revert 4 years. I'd actually tune in for that.

Is Claython what keeps it together there? I don't know the history involved etc.

FringeNC
There really wasn't much else of note. Just making sure to point out the would/could difference. Also, Keitzman stroked his hand(?), saying others were making much stronger claims that Shanahan was going to be the coach.

Jack admitted that he'd taken "a lot of hits" about this story, but he was quick to point out that he was passing along info, not claiming anything was definitely going to happen.

Thanks.

Phobia
01-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Is Claython what keeps it together there? I don't know the history involved etc.

He makes it presentable over there. Otherwise most articles read like something an eighth grader might pen.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 03:24 PM
There really wasn't much else of note. Just making sure to point out the would/could difference. Also, Keitzman stroked his hand(?), saying others were making much stronger claims that Shanahan was going to be the coach.

Word. Thanks.

Mr. Laz
01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Goatboy the martyr!!!!!!111

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 03:25 PM

I like GoChiefs and have no problems with the guy.

He needs to be more objective about Nick and the quality of his (Athan's) work, IMO. This email deal was indefensible, and it's a big problem if one cannot see the larger ramifications.

That said, it could be that GoChiefs likes Nick as a person, considers him a friend, and this contributes to the lack of objectivity.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
did Petro refer to athan as "the erroneous one"?

if I was in the media and developed that nickname, I would find a new profession.

I don't think I've heard this nickname anywhere beyond this BB...

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp

the email jack was reading...

Sure-Oz
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I like GoChiefs and have no problems with the guy.

He needs to be more objective about Nick and the quality of his (Athan's) work, IMO. This email deal was indefensible, and it's a big problem if one cannot see the larger ramifications.

That said, it could be that GoChiefs likes Nick as a person, considers him a friend, and this contributes to the lack of objectivity.

He's just defending his pal it seems

booger
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
this place went to hell ever since hitsmaque got ate by that gator.

Steve Irwin too. I miss those guys

Deberg_1990
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
He makes it presentable over there. Otherwise most articles read like something an eighth grader might pen.

Wow. Im actually shocked by that.

Valiant
01-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Wait a minute. So, was it or was it not Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan from whom Jack Harry and Mort were getting their info on Friday? Seriously, I want to know.

Also, nobody has answered the other question as of yet. How many times has Athan broken news correctly compared to how many times he has been wrong?

I think you have to be correct once before you can compare..

Unless we are counting predictions like "the chiefs will win a game this season"

aturnis

In this case, we didn't.

Sorry.

Non issue.

First of all. You don't report anything until certain b/c you don't report anything until someone with credibility reports it first.

Second. Athan sending an e-mail to Schefter saying a deal is done is Athan's way of trying to "break" the story. He can't do it directly, b/c he's a second rate asshat who noone respects. So he tries to be the guy who "reports" it to the guy who can break it. Trying to get himself a little cred with a national media guy. He failed, HARD! Now everyone knows he's an asshat. YAY us!

Claythan, just fucking stop.

dirk digler
it becomes his fault when spams and spins for WPI

as for "What about it?" for his PM .... it's just another example of Goatsex pimping the shannahan thing and being wrong.

I agree with you that he should probably stop spamming WPI stuff and probably should just never mention them again over here except in private.

DeezNutz
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
He's just defending his pal it seems

Yep, which is admirable on one hand, and like pissing into the wind on the other.

Lzen
01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
LMAO Jack Harry is so full of shittttt. I heard him myself on Friday gloating over his news.

No kidding. They made it sound like the deal was pretty much done and they were just waiting for the ink to dry on the contract.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Neal Jones.......making......blood.....boil...must resist......desire...to carpet bomb.....
:#

Mark M
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM

You mean those articles are, in fact, edited before they're posted?

:eek:

There's a chance my standards are way too high since I actually write for a living, but ... damn. The fact WPI's stuff is better than it used to be is frightening to contemplate.

MM
~~:eek: