PDA

View Full Version : Football Haley appears interested in chiefs head coah vacancy

Bozo1970
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
From reading this article http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1004720.html Haley makes several remarks to make me think he's interested.

“I don’t know if you can say everybody wants to be a head coach,” said Haley, who began his career in the New York Jets’ personnel department. “I didn’t get in this business to be a head coach. As you move further along, and you move up the ladder, it’s something you start to think about.

“ ‘Could I do this job, could I not do this job?’ I have great confidence in my ability, and if the right situation presents itself, I think I’d like to show that.”

“That would make me feel good, but that’s pure speculation, and something I’m not thinking about, and that’s coming from my heart,” he said.

“Scott is great at what he does,” Haley said. “What he and coach Belichick have done in New England is awesome. They have the blueprint on how to work together to succeed, so I’m really happy for Scott. He’s been an anonymous, low-key guy who has done a great job in New England … he has a great opportunity, and I’d like to see him succeed.”

Does this rub you the same way?

stlchiefs
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
You can't read too much into it, but overall it has more of a positive tone than a negative one.

jeffp12
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Why are we so convinced by Haley? He's only ever been a WR coach before becoming Arizona's Offensive Coordinator, where he has had a hall of famer playing QB and some very high draft pick studs at WR and edgerrin James. REmember when we all thought Mike Martz was a genius? How's he worked out without Warner or Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce?

Mecca
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
So now I've read 2 of your posts.....do you like anything?

Bowser
01-28-2009, 08:19 PM

That login is a dupe. A generic one, I think.

Mecca
01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
That login is a dupe. A generic one, I think.

It must be the true fan alter ego.

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Does this rub you the same way?

It rubs my DICK in a great way.

blueballs
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
have you ever tasted
a fried egg fart

chiefsfan4life1978
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
I think Haley is saying exactly what a guy who knew that he was going to be a head coach after the super bowl but doesn't want to be a distraction should say.

StcChief
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I think Haley is saying exactly what a guy who knew that he was going to be a head coach after the super bowl but doesn't want to be a distraction should say.exactly. not too much....
Bidwell will want something. especially if he losses.
The Pottsville ghosts will rise up...

chiefsfan4life1978
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
exactly. not too much....
Bidwell will want something. especially if he losses.
The Pottsville ghosts will rise up...

4 sure

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Why are we so convinced by Haley? He's only ever been a WR coach before becoming Arizona's Offensive Coordinator, where he has had a hall of famer playing QB and some very high draft pick studs at WR and edgerrin James. REmember when we all thought Mike Martz was a genius? How's he worked out without Warner or Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce?

You're missing the points. Haley absolutely and without a DOUBT elevated the game of Warner, Fitz, and Boldin. He lit a fire under their asses and mercilessly marched them forward every step of the way to this Super Bowl.

I live in AZ, I watched these guys play ALL last year, and they were nowhere NEAR the level at which we are witnessing now. You have to understand; it's not Haley's X's and O's that make him an attractive candidate so much as it is his dynamic, coaching style, and leadership.

If I could somehow get a guarantee that he and Pioli would use our 3rd overall to draft our long-neglected Franchise Quarterback, I would drive to Phoenix and help him load the Ryder truck.

Taco John
01-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Am I the only one who has missed the fact that the Cardinals were 9-7 this past season in a really weak division? I think it's great that they've made it this far, but I'm not convinced of anything really. Personally, I think they're about to get blown out, but I would love to see them win it.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Am I the only one who has missed the fact that the Cardinals were 9-7 this past season in a really weak division? I think it's great that they've made it this far, but I'm not convinced of anything really. Personally, I think they're about to get blown out, but I would love to see them win it.

Hi! Welcome to the NFC! :rolleyes::doh!:

bishop_74
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM

I have paid absolutely zero attention to them this year until post season. The question is have they been slowly (and sneakily) improving to the point where this SB is the result?

Nightfyre
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM

It wasn't the AFC west weak.

dj56dt58
01-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Why are we so convinced by Haley? He's only ever been a WR coach before becoming Arizona's Offensive Coordinator, where he has had a hall of famer playing QB

A hall of fame qb that has been shit the last several years until this year

whoman69
01-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Martz bought into the hype that he was a genius. How else do you explain torpedoing Warner in that Giants game and only running Marshall Faulk 9 times in the Super Bowl? Martz let the ego get in the way.

James has hardly been the stud that he was in Indy. They've done better in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone is going to confuse them with an adequate running attack.

Darth CarlSatan
01-28-2009, 11:43 PM
A hall of fame qb that has been shit the last several years until this year

You make DCS's brain hurt. Please, read:

You're missing the points. Haley absolutely and without a DOUBT elevated the game of Warner, Fitz, and Boldin. He lit a fire under their asses and mercilessly marched them forward every step of the way to this Super Bowl.

I live in AZ, I watched these guys play ALL last year, and they were nowhere NEAR the level at which we are witnessing now. You have to understand; it's not Haley's X's and O's that make him an attractive candidate so much as it is his dynamic, coaching style, and leadership.

If I could somehow get a guarantee that he and Pioli would use our 3rd overall to draft our long-neglected Franchise Quarterback, I would drive to Phoenix and help him load the Ryder truck.

King_Chief_Fan
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM

That has me scratching my head as well. I think we should pursue Shanahan:D

JASONSAUTO
01-29-2009, 08:02 AM

funniest post i've EVER read

beach tribe
01-29-2009, 08:09 AM
funniest post i've EVER read

Wow, you're easily amused.

JASONSAUTO
01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow, you're easily amused.

stfu you didnt find that somewhat amusing given who it came from?

PastorMikH
01-29-2009, 08:27 AM

We've tried enough retreads without a lot of success, I'm for giving and up and coming coach a try.

Lzen
01-29-2009, 08:37 AM

What does the team's overall record have to do with how good a HC the OC is? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his offense is ranked top 2 or 3.

What was the Giants record last year?

Lzen
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
stfu you didnt find that somewhat amusing given who it came from?

Lolz. Good point.

bowener
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Haley is playing this pretty smart. If the Chiefs have not contacted him yet, and he is interested in the job, then this is about the biggest stage to show that you are interested.

Furthermore, if we have or have not (smarter if we have not) contacted him yet, this gives him bargaining power for more money and control at the end of the season, having taken this offense to the Super Bowl.

Does anybody think he might be a smarter Chucky? He is supposed to be a firey head coach, with a real good brain for offense, and apparently has the ability to get the most out of players (at least WR's).

Darth CarlSatan
01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Haley is playing this pretty smart. If the Chiefs have not contacted him yet, and he is interested in the job, then this is about the biggest stage to show that you are interested.

Furthermore, if we have or have not (smarter if we have not) contacted him yet, this gives him bargaining power for more money and control at the end of the season, having taken this offense to the Super Bowl.

Does anybody think he might be a smarter Chucky? He is supposed to be a firey head coach, with a real good brain for offense, and apparently has the ability to get the most out of players (at least WR's).

Funny you should mention Chucky; Chris and Cowbitch are pimping him( as they are complete tools ), so I had no choice but to fire this off to them:

<style></style>John Gruden?

Are you two fucking retarded? Thank God Scott Pioli is our GM, and not you two ass-hats.

-DCS

Darth CarlSatan
01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Uh oh; they really stepped in shit now.

It's about to get ugly up in here.

Darth CarlSatan
01-29-2009, 09:20 AM
<style></style>
As the blood boils....

Dear Ass-Hats,

Where do you get off calling Haley the "friendly type coach"? Do you two actually do any research and/or watch football games?

Was Haley getting "friendly" on the sidelines with Warner and Boldin? Was Haley being "friendly" when he death-marched Fitz and Warner to a whole new level of consistent play?

Herm was the "friendly" coach. Gruden is another Gunther / Krummy hot windbag.

Get it together, or go die in a fire.

-DCS.

Cormac
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
<style></style>
As the blood boils....

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

You're awesome!!!

:rolleyes:

Darth CarlSatan
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
You're awesome!!!

:rolleyes:

Not nearly as awesome as that follow-up. :spock::doh!:

FringeNC
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
It's amazing how quiet Pioli and Hunt are keeping all this. We have no idea who is on the radar. It's all speculation.

Bowser
01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
It's amazing how quiet Pioli and Hunt are keeping all this. We have no idea who is on the radar. It's all speculation.

They've done a helluva job keeping everything under wraps. We've gotten so used to crap being leaked out of Arrowhead, now this.

talastan
01-29-2009, 10:30 AM
They've done a helluva job keeping everything under wraps. We've gotten so used to crap being leaked out of Arrowhead, now this.

Yep I like this approach with the media. Carl would air his dirty laundry for all the world to see. Hopefully that ended when he left. That said it is brilliant for them to keep everything under wraps. Look at how busy and excited the Chiefs kingdom is about a new HC. Season tickets sales will defintely be up this year IMO.