PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: Monty Biesel's thoughts on Scott Pioli...

DaWolf
01-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Hope I'm not re-posting anything...

Monty Beisel on Scott Pioli
January 29, 2009 - Bob Gretz

From Tampa, Florida

Former Chiefs linebacker Monty Beisel is enjoying the life as a member of a Super Bowl team. The Kansas native is one of the best special teams players on the Arizona Cardinals roster.

Beisel was a fourth-round choice of the Chiefs in the 2001 NFL Draft and spent four seasons with the team. He has spent the last three seasons with Arizona.

In between was a one-year stint with the New England Patriots and Beisel has a few things to say about former Pats executive-new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.

“I think that’s a great move for the Chiefs,” Beisel said Thursday morning. “It’s a great, great move. They are getting a first class guy with him.”

Pioli was the guy who wanted to bring Beisel in as an unrestricted free agent in 2005.

“He was the guy who signed me and what I saw there for two years was he was always involved with the players,” Beisel said. “He was always talking with guys, checking up on them, finding out what was going on in their personal lives, stuff like that.

“In the off-season, you would go in and be working out and he would be on the next machine. You could be lifting weights and he would be lifting right next to you. He was always around and he made you feel like what was going on in your life was important, not just what was going on when it involved football.”

Beisel played the 2005 season with the Patriots, contributing 57 tackles in 15 games. He was released in New England’s final cut before the 2006 regular season.

“I enjoyed my time there,” Beisel said. “It’s a good atmosphere. I know Scott wasn’t the final word when it came to stuff, but there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll bring the same kind of attitudes to the Chiefs. ”

More with Beisel from the Super Bowl later today.

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/monty-beisel-on-scott-pioli.html

Basileus777
01-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I was on the fence, but now that Monty's given his approval I am now happy with getting Pioli.

Adept Havelock
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Haley will be bringing Monty back to KC with him, and Pioli's building him his own flying circus.

THE DEAL IS DONE.

SNR
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I was on the fence, but now that Monty's given his approval I am now happy with getting Pioli.LMAO

Fritz88
01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I heard Pioli is so involved with the players that he knows the size of each player's undies.

rambleonthruthefog
01-29-2009, 09:44 PM
coaches like him, players like him, fans like him, owners like him. we hit the F*ck*n jackpot with this guy.

rad
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I heard Pioli is so involved with the players that he knows the size of each player's undies.

I heard if you ask Pioli what time it is, he says "two seconds 'til". Before you can finish asking "two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

jAZ
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I know Scott wasn’t the final word when it came to stuff, but ...
That's the first time I've heard that confiirmed directly before. I've heard it suspected by outsiders, etc. But not by anyone who would know.

Bowser
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I heard if you ask Pioli what time it is, he says "two seconds 'til". Before you can finish asking "two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

LMAO

Deberg_1990
01-29-2009, 09:54 PM
I was on the fence, but now that Monty's given his approval I am now happy with getting Pioli.

I wont be off the fence until i get Eric Warfields take on Pioli.

blueballs
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Pioli just got the full monty support

C-Mac
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM

:LOL:LMAO

ZootedGranny
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Biesel gives the thumbs up, Maslowski was at Pioli's introductory press conference, now we just need to know where Fujita stands.

Skip Towne
01-29-2009, 10:15 PM
I wasn't aware Pioli was so "hands on" with players. I like that.

StcChief
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Liking this guy more. 180 degrees from King Carl.

SNR
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Gross. Our GM is a perverted stalker of young athletic men.

T-post Tom
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Liking this guy more. 180 degrees from King Carl.

Hey now, Carl regularly worked out at the Plaza III. ;)

Uncle_Ted
01-29-2009, 11:13 PM

If he still played for us, I'd love to see a "WTF???" look on Pioli's face when Warfield walked into the room carrying his little foo-foo dog with the $10,000 collar.

LMAO

Der Flöprer
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM

LMAO Lock this thread after 1 reply.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 01:16 AM
What is the deal with all of these lousy players being interviewed lately. Newsflash. No one gives a shit.

kysirsoze
01-30-2009, 01:35 AM
That's the first time I've heard that confiirmed directly before. I've heard it suspected by outsiders, etc. But not by anyone who would know.

Pioli confirmed this in his own intro presser.

kysirsoze
01-30-2009, 01:38 AM

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 06:44 AM
If he still played for us, I'd love to see a "WTF???" look on Pioli's face when Warfield walked into the room carrying his little foo-foo dog with the $10,000 collar.

LMAO

How quickly you forget that when the Chiefs released Warfield he was signed by the Pats.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
I wonder if Pioli will feel as comfortable chumming around with the players when he is the final word on their future. That's not to say he won't be, but it's always easier to be the 2nd in command in that situation.

And who gives a rip about Maz or Fujita? It's Scanlon's take that I'm really waiting for.

Monty
01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Pioli just got the full monty support

Ahem, he would be the SECOND to do that. ;)

Bob Dole
01-30-2009, 09:12 AM
I wonder if Pioli will feel as comfortable chumming around with the players when he is the final word on their future. That's not to say he won't be, but it's always easier to be the 2nd in command in that situation.

And who gives a rip about Maz or Fujita? It's Scanlon's take that I'm really waiting for.

And Bobby Sippio's, too.

jAZ
01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Pioli confirmed this in his own intro presser.

I didn't recall that. I remember him being asked in some form about the question of final control and he responded that there was never a case where he and Bill didn't end upon both agreeing on a player or pick.

I am too lazy to go see if I'm remembering that right or wrong, however.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I didn't recall that. I remember him being asked in some form about the question of final control and he responded that there was never a case where he and Bill didn't end upon both agreeing on a player or pick.

I am too lazy to go see if I'm remembering that right or wrong, however.

I think he said they didn't always agree on a player, but if that was the case they just didn't pick that guy up.

Essentially it seemed like they both voiced their opinion and each held a veto card. If one couldn't convince the other, they walked away from the player and found one they agreed on.

rad
01-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Twice is nice.

Hog Farmer
01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
If he's so fucking great, then why did the Pats let him get away ?