27. LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh 91
28. Larry English OLB N. Illinois 91
29. Hakeem Nicks WR N. Carolina 91
30. Louis Delmas S W. Michigan 90
31. Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest 90
32. Alex Mack C California 90

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 07:33 AM
It's the silly season. Here is their list from a week ago. There is no reason to move anyone other than Seniors who played in the Senior Bowl. Everyone else should have stayed put. What did Smith and Crabtree do this last week to warrant them flipping? Answer, nothing at all.

1. Andre Smith* OT Alabama 98
2. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest 98
3. Michael Crabtree** WR Texas Tech 98
4. Mark Sanchez* QB USC 97
5. Matthew Stafford* QB Georgia 96
6. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia 96
7. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 96
8. Aaron Maybin** DE Penn State 96
9. Jeremy Maclin** WR Missouri 95
10. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 95
11. Jason Smith OT Baylor 95
12. Knowshon Moreno** RB Georgia 94
13. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla. State 93
14. B.J. Raji* DT Boston College 93
15. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 93
16. Percy Harvin* WR Florida 93
17. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 93
18. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 93
19. Tyson Jackson DE LSU 92
20. Brian Cushing OLB USC 92
21. Chris Wells* RB Ohio State 92
22. James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State 91
23. Michael Oher OT Mississippi 91
24. LeSean McCoy** RB Pittsburgh 91
25. D.J. Moore* CB Vanderbilt 91
26. Hakeem Nicks* WR N. Carolina 91
27. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia 90
28. Peria Jerry DT Mississippi 90
29. William Moore S Missouri 90
30. Sean Smith* CB Utah 90
31. Darrius Heyward-Bey* WR Maryland 90
32. Max Unger C Oregon 89

bowener
01-30-2009, 11:45 AM
It's the silly season. Here is their list from a week ago. There is no reason to move anyone other than Seniors who played in the Senior Bowl. Everyone else should have stayed put. What did Smith and Crabtree do this last week to warrant them flipping? Answer, nothing at all.

Other people slid? :shrug:

All I know is that it says Sanchez would not be a reach at #3, and grades out just as good (a little better) than Stafford. I realize that it isn't a mock, but based on his value, he is a great pick at #3.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Other people slid? :shrug:

All I know is that it says Sanchez would not be a reach at #3, and grades out just as good (a little better) than Stafford. I realize that it isn't a mock, but based on his value, he is a great pick at #3.

What did Monroe and Jenkins do over the last week that would cause them to jump Stafford? They didn't participate in the Senior Bowl, they didn't have workouts, etc. These lists are shuffled to create discussion and nothing more.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2009, 01:29 PM
What did Monroe and Jenkins do over the last week that would cause them to jump Stafford?

Nothing, they are just changing stuff for the sake of it.

RustShack
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
What really sticks out to me is who is ranked #1.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
you really want to take a wide receiver in the top 3?

not me

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 01:43 PM
To me KC's draft is simple.
1. Take Stafford if he is available.
2. Decide if you prefer a non-risky excellent RT in Smith/Monroe, or non-risky excellent LB in Curry, or a riskier pick with Sanchez knowing he likely won't start this year.

RustShack
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
All positions are risky... your saying the QB HAS to be great to live up to the pick. But if the LT(moved OG/RT) or LB are just OK its not as big of a deal as if the QB is just OK.

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM
2. Decide if you prefer a non-risky excellent RT in Smith/Monroe, or non-risky excellent LB in Curry, or a riskier pick with Sanchez knowing he likely won't start this year.

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Decide if you want to spend over $75 million dollars on two tackles. Or grab a LB with the 3rd overall pick....and then if Thigpen fucking sucks...we have to decide between Tebow, Bradford and McCoy. Yeah.....great. :banghead:

RustShack
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Lets pass on one of the best Pro prospects in college football and reach for a defensive player or draft a LT for the second year in a row. Brilliant!

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Lets pass on one of the best Pro prospects in college football and reach for a defensive player or draft a LT for the second year in a row. Brilliant!

Curry is a universally rated top 5 player in the draft. He is not a reach in any way, shape or form. Smith and Monroe are also considered top prospects.

Some respected draft experts don't have Sanchez rated as highly as Curry, Smith or Monroe. Mayock for example said he wouldn't use a top 10 pick on Sanchez. Mayock didn't think either of them were as good as Ryan or Flacco. What raised Sanchez's stock is that he is a QB and the "never reach for a player" mantra has an asterisk next to it - that it is okay to reach for a QBOTF if you don't have one.

I stand by my post that Pioli and the HC will likely decide between those players.

All positions are risky, but QB is riskier than most, especially a player with such limited experience.

RustShack
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
LB isn't worth a top three pick, we drafted a LT in the first last year, and Sanchez/Stafford are both more physically talented than Ryan.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Mayock didn't think either of them were as good as Ryan or Flacco.

He also thought Flacco would be a servicable starter but not pro-bowl caliber either.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
LB isn't worth a top three pick, we drafted a LT in the first last year, and Sanchez/Stafford are both more physically talented than Ryan.
i tell you what ..... if stafford and/or sanchez bust there are going to be alot of people around this place eating a huge bowl of crow shit

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
i tell you what ..... if stafford and/or sanchez bust there are going to be alot of people around this place eating a huge bowl of crow shit

Yeah and that goes the other way too. If we grab Sanchez and he turns out to be a pro bowl QB.....people will be flip flopping like fish.

"I never said he would suck! I just said he'd be risky!"

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM

And the GM's that draft and pay them in excess of $50 million dollars will lose their jobs.

Nature of the beast.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Curry is a universally rated top 5 player in the draft. He is not a reach in any way, shape or form. Smith and Monroe are also considered top prospects.

It's January.

This time last year, Brian Brohm was a top prospect.

That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.

Smith, Monroe and Curry are without risk?

You're new to this "draft thing," aren't you?

NO ONE is a lock.

EVERYONE is a risk.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah and that goes the other way too. If we grab Sanchez and he turns out to be a pro bowl QB.....people will be flip flopping like fish.

"I never said he would suck! I just said he'd be risky!"
actually alot of people won't need to flip flop to say that because that is their position right now

very few, if any, say Stafford sucks

it's rare for anyone to risk the wrath of the "Cali Hit Squad" around here to even breathe wrong in Dirty Sanchez's general direction.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM

Why? Who said they were locks?

QB's are one of the few picks that are worth a Top 5 pick, based on the position they play.

I've yet to see anyone pimping Stafford or Sanchez to the point of them being sure-fire, can't miss, Elway/Manning type guys.

But if you have a Top 5 pick, and you think that one or both of these guys have the potential to be franchise QB's, you take them over every other position on the field.

And if they bust, you do it again in 4-5 years, just like the Bengals, Ravens and Falcons did.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
actually alot of people won't need to flip flop to say that because that is their position right now

very few, if any, say Stafford sucks

it's rare for anyone to risk the wrath of the "Cali Hit Squad" around here to even breathe wrong in Dirty Sanchez's general direction.

For the record, I couldn't care less where Sanchez played college football.

If he's the sitting there at #3 and Staffod is gone, the Chiefs need to take him.

The real debate comes if both QB's are sitting there at three.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2009, 04:50 PM
him.

The real debate comes if both QB's are sitting there at three.

I could see a trade down to a point where KC still gets one of the two if they believe they are on equal ground.

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I could see a trade down to a point where KC still gets one of the two if they believe they are on equal ground.

I don't think we'd trade down in that situation. I think we'd just grab the one we like the best and go on from there. It's too risky to trade down and hope that the player you want is still there.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't think we'd trade down in that situation. I think we'd just grab the one we like the best and go on from there. It's too risky to trade down and hope that the player you want is still there.

i think Pioli should hire a group of professional spies or something to go around a get pictures of every NFL team's draft board so that he can basically design a flow chart of who will take what.

then we can trade up and down to exactly where we need to be for each player. :D

the Talking Can
01-30-2009, 05:57 PM

no, there won't

it is the right thing to do regardless of outcome

being a whiny bitch because something "is risky" is a loser's mentality....

you'd think people - after 20 years of nothing - would care more about the reward than the risk...but not KC Fans...they're big fat pussies to the bitter, losing, end......

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
no, there won't

it is the right thing to do regardless of outcome

being a whiny bitch because something "is risky" is a loser's mentality....

you'd think people - after 20 years of nothing - would care more about the reward than the risk...but not KC Fans...they're big fat pussies to the bitter, losing, end......
hindsight is 20/20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

which is great, except some people aren't just saying "take the best QB" because it's the right thing to do. They are saying to take a specific quarterback ..... and anyone who disagrees is a dumbass who shouldn't be allowed to post.

a difference so huge that even a imbecile should be able to realize it.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM

which is great, except some people aren't just saying "take the best QB" because it's the right thing to do. They are saying to take a specific quarterback ..... and anyone who disagrees is a dumbass who shouldn't be allowed to post.

Please point me in the direction of a post from a respected poster that wants one of the Top QB's, but not the other.

Everyone has a preference between the two, but I've yet to see a regular, respected poster say they wouldn't take Stafford if Sanchez wasn't available, or vice-versa.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM

People are assuming that Sanchez is the pick because Staffod has been the #1 QB all season and most people think he'll be selected by Detroit.

I'll take either.

the Talking Can
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM

who are all these people?

kstater
01-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Let's trade all the picks in rounds 1-6 to aquire 35 round 7 picks. Use those 35 round 7 picks to trade for Julius Peppers because he's not a risk.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
It's January.

This time last year, Brian Brohm was a top prospect.

That might be one of the most ridiculous things I've read here.

Smith, Monroe and Curry are without risk?

You're new to this "draft thing," aren't you?

NO ONE is a lock.

EVERYONE is a risk.

Comparably top tackles and LB's are far, far less risky than QBs. Top 15 LBs rarely bust. It's probably one of the safest positions to take.

The Dirty Sanchez gang can't stand any criticism of their golden boy. Obama has handed over the chosen one torch.

RustShack
01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
The "safest pick" about every year ends up being a bust. Hell LT's bust just as often if not more often than QB's unless your OK with spending a top pick on an average LT or above average RT/OG.

Mecca
01-31-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't consider Aaron Curry as good of a prospect as Rivers or Mayo were last year...

The reason why LB's don't generally bust is because it's the RB of defense it's not a difficult position to step in and play at. You shouldn't be using a super high pick on one...numerous mid round LB's become good players.

Top 5 for a non pass rushing LB is just overkill.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-31-2009, 03:46 AM
I don't consider Aaron Curry as good of a prospect as Rivers or Mayo were last year...

The reason why LB's don't generally bust is because it's the RB of defense it's not a difficult position to step in and play at. You shouldn't be using a super high pick on one...numerous mid round LB's become good players.

Top 5 for a non pass rushing LB is just overkill.

I don't understand Scott Wright's obsession with him. He pimps the guy endlessly, and he's a goddamned cover backer.