PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Neb. coach Sadler pissed at Doug Gottleib

Lzen
01-30-2009, 07:39 AM
ROFL

Sadler miffed at Gottlieb:

NU coach Doc Sadler is upset at ESPN color announcer Doug Gottlieb for uttering the words “acting like a punk” in describing NU guard Cookie Miller’s actions in wrestling the basketball from KU’s Mario Little in the second half Wednesday. Miller kept tugging at the basketball after the whistle had blown.
“He (Miller) should let it go. He’s acting like a punk,” color analyst Gottlieb said on the air.
The Omaha World-Herald reported that Sadler’s voice “could be heard Thursday booming through an office hallway asking for a phone number for ESPN.”
“I think it’s fair for people to analyze coaches and officials," Sadler told the World-Herald. “But I think unless there is something flagrantly done, you don’t call out players. When there is a play that is a loose ball and there is nothing done but a jump ball called, to call out a player and say he’s ‘acting like a punk’ is wrong. You don't do that.”
Sadler told the Lincoln Journal-Star Gottlieb’s use of the word “punk” was “classless and unprofessional.” He said he thought Gottlieb owed Miller an apology.
The Journal-Star reported Gottlieb’s conversation with Omaha radio station 1620: “He absolutely was acting like a punk. Go back and watch the tape if you guys want, but he was acting like a punk.
“If you look at the replay, there are 10 guys on the floor, (and) nine of them just standing up, dusting themselves off, getting ready for the next play, and Cookie Miller’s trying to rip the basketball out of Mario Little’s hands. ... He wasn’t throwing any punches, and he didn’t deserve to be thrown out of the game, but he was acting like a little punk.”
The World-Herald said that Sadler on Thursday contacted the Big 12 office. He told the paper he’d be calling Gottlieb and ESPN.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/jan/30/feeding-post-problem-ku/

Demonpenz
01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
acting like a punk? Did he have a mohawk and listen to dead kennady's?

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Poor baby. He was acting like a punk.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 07:54 AM
To be fair, Doug Gottleib is a self-righteous prick.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry. He was acting like a punk. Trying to rip the ball out of his hands for no reason. He's lucky Little did smack his little Oompa Loompa ass back to the Chocolate Factory.

Lzen
01-30-2009, 07:57 AM
acting like a punk? Did he have a mohawk and listen to dead kennady's?

:LOL:

Perhaps you would prefer that he said 'thug' instead?

Lzen
01-30-2009, 07:58 AM
To be fair, Doug Gottleib is a self-righteous prick.

That is true. But he was right about Miller acting like a punk. This isn't the playground. You can't pull that crap.

Demonpenz
01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
well atleast he didn't stomp on a dudes head like that other dude. WTF one game for tha shit?

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
That is true. But he was right about Miller acting like a punk. This isn't the playground. You can't pull that crap.

Didn't see it, so I'll defer. But this is still similar to Mel Kiper getting a draft pick right. A broken clock is right twice a day and Doug Gotteib's still a fuckstick.

Chief_in_Commander
01-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm glad Gottlieb said it because Cookie deserved to be called a punk, and after he got pulled off by his teammates he turned around with his mouth all crooked and started yelling.....Acting like a complete thug punk

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
The pussification continues.

"You're not a punk, Cookie. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Oh, and here's your participation medal."

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
The pussification continues.

"You're not a punk, Cookie. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Oh, and here's your participation medal."

Ribbon. Participation ribbon.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/897/751373.jpg
The play is dead about the time this pic was snapped and the Cookie "Mobster" decided he wanted to Jerk the ball out of his hand and then act like he was flavor flav afterward.

blaise
01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Punkish like when Doug Gottleib got kicked off his college basketball team for stealing his roomates credit card?

blaise
01-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Deadspin had this last year. Gottlieb was going a chat on ESPN and this exchange happened:
------------------------
Mike Indiana: How did your mediocre basketball career prepare you for a mediocre broadcasting career?
Doug Gottlieb: (4:04 PM ET ) So your mediocre life can prepare you for a mediocre afterlife...and by the way, which one of us works for ESPN... hey and next time...when I you say 30 minutes or less....get here on time with my pizza.
John (Notre Dame): Doug, I lost my credit card, where were you last night?
SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:27 PM ET ) Ask your mom.
Johns Mom (Notre Dame): GOTTLIEB I KNOW YOU STOLE MY SON'S CREDIT CARD!
SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:34 PM ET ) Ten years ago I made a mistake...and payed for it...18 years ago YOU WERE your parents mistake and they are still paying for it.
------------------------------
(I love the "John's Mom" entry. Brilliant)

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 08:43 AM
LOL. I like Gottlieb.

Reerun_KC
01-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Deadspin had this last year. Gottlieb was going a chat on ESPN and this exchange happened:
------------------------
Mike Indiana: How did your mediocre basketball career prepare you for a mediocre broadcasting career?
Doug Gottlieb: (4:04 PM ET ) So your mediocre life can prepare you for a mediocre afterlife...and by the way, which one of us works for ESPN... hey and next time...when I you say 30 minutes or less....get here on time with my pizza.
SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:34 PM ET ) Ten years ago I made a mistake...and payed for it...18 years ago YOU WERE your parents mistake and they are still paying for it.

:clap:

Shorts on Backwards just pwned those two.... Nice Job!

Lzen
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
well atleast he didn't stomp on a dudes head like that other dude. WTF one game for tha shit?

That one was really bad. He should get suspended for the rest of the season.

blaise
01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
That one was really bad. He should get suspended for the rest of the season.

Tom Penders is still defending him and saying it was an accident. Of course, Tom Penders is kind of a jerk.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
gottlieb didn't say cookie was a punk ..... he said he was ACTING like a punk.

and he was

Tiger's Fan
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM

and he was

Dude is lucky Mario Little didn't go punk on his ass. Little is built like a brick shithouse.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 09:31 AM

and he wasThis.

Monty
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Sadler = no class

Miller = punk, acting or otherwise

Saulbadguy
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Gottleib is a 'tard. Always has been.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Gottleib is a 'tard. Always has been.Yes. But miller is still a punk.

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Miller and Gottlieb were in the wrong, Sadler wasn't.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Miller was acting like a punk.

Gotlieb called it like he saw it. He's entitled to his opinion. In this case he is right.

Sadler is entitled to disagree. However, he's a puss for making a big deal about it.

Punkish like when Doug Gottleib got kicked off his college basketball team for stealing his roomates credit card?

Yeah. Sure. Still doesn't erase the fact of Miller's punkishness now.

sedated
01-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Gottleib has long been my favorite analyst. The guy knows his stuff, and tells it like it is.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Gotlieb called it like he saw it.

Which is exactly why I like him. Regardless of the teams playing, he just calls the game. Plus, unlike every other ESPN "analyst", he does not have Hansbrough, UNC, or Duke's balls in his mouth.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Miller and Gottlieb were in the wrong, Sadler wasn't.
i realize you're a husker but take off the homer glasses and try watching that exchange again.

miller even said he was "trying to fire up his team" afterwards. He didn't say "trying to get the ball"

miller even stomped around like a punk after he was pulled away with that "a'ite, you want some come get some" attitude"

Saulbadguy
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
i realize you're a husker but take off the homer glasses and try watching that exchange again.

miller even said he was "trying to fire up his team" afterwards. He didn't say "trying to get the ball"

miller even stomped around like a punk after he was pulled away with that "a'ite, you want some come get some" attitude"

He isn't a Husker bball homer, fwiw. He likes KU. So he is giving un-homered analysis.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes. But miller is still a punk.

I don't know the guy. He could be a punk.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
He isn't a Husker bball homer, fwiw. He likes KU. So he is giving un-homered analysis.
:hmmm: i must be getting him mixed up with another guy then.

i still strongly disagree .... Miller acted like punk in that exchange.

he wouldn't of been strutting around afterwards

crossing his arms, puffing out his chest,talking out the side of his mouth like the king of "da hood" or something.

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 10:27 AM

I never defended Miller. Gottlieb should just call the game, and Sadler has a right to defend his player.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I never defended Miller. Gottlieb should just call the game, and Sadler has a right to defend his player.

ic ... to each his own

Sam Hall
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
ic ... to each his own

How about this: Say a KU player did what Miller did. Miller was wrong, but Gottleib blurred the lines of objectivity. Bill Self would have every right to defend his player.

kstater
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
How about this: Say a KU player did what Miller did. Miller was wrong, but Gottleib blurred the lines of objectivity. Bill Self would have every right to defend his player.

If a KU player did that he wouldn't be a punk, he'd be a tough player going for the ball.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
If a KU player did that he wouldn't be a punk, he'd be a tough player going for the ball.

STFU Thats just retarded. A Bill Self coached player would not do that. Or he would be on the bench.

blaise
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Collison and Heinrich were always going for each other's balls.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Collison and Heinrich were always going for each other's balls.

http://theblacksentinel.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/stupid1.jpg

Lzen
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM

His job is color commentator. That is exactly what he was doing. Giving colorful commentary. ;)

Lzen
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I found a cute pic of Cookie on another forum.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/pwhittemore/cookieloompa.jpg

Archie F. Swin
01-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Gottlieb is a special person....every time I see him or hear him I involuntarily fart and belch at the same time. No one with his college free throw percentage should speak so confidently.

I really would like to see Petro and Gottlieb get in a fist fight.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I found a cute pic of Cookie on another forum.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/pwhittemore/cookieloompa.jpg

Oompa Loompa's UNITE!!!!11!1!1!!!

shitgoose
01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Sadler is just mad because his team sucks and his point guard is a midget named Cookie.

DJJasonp
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Like I mentioned the other night....Sadler looks like a guy who is 10 minutes late to an AA meeting....

And cookie and flava flav have never been in the same place at the same time.....???

Saulbadguy
01-30-2009, 01:49 PM

That much is obvious.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I know all the times I've seen a KU player trying to rip the ball out of another players hands 20 seconds after the whistle, I've ALWAYS called him a punk.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
STFU Thats just retarded. A Bill Self coached player would not do that. Or he would be on the bench.

Ripping the ball out of a players hands after a whistle would result in riding the pine? I suppose that could be worse than shooting someone with an airsoft pistol from a window, or not paying your child support. It really just depends on your moral compass.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM

WTF kind of Bill Self disciple are you?

Self's had guys pull their fair share of goonery as well. His Illinois days were hardly filled with monks and missionaries. Nor have his KU recruits been pillars of moral fiber.

It's funny how much Memphis not being able to hit a free throw can change a dude's rep.

Spare me that weak shit.

HemiEd
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I agreed with Gottlieb at the time, that kid was a punk.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Ripping the ball out of a players hands after a whistle would result in riding the pine? I suppose that could be worse than shooting someone with an airsoft pistol from a window, or not paying your child support. It really just depends on your moral compass.Why don't you go find a towel to pee in.http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/peeintowel.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Self's had guys pull their fair share of goonery as well. His Illinois days were hardly filled with monks and missionaries. Nor have his KU recruits been pillars of moral fiber.

It's funny how much Memphis not being able to hit a free throw can change a dude's rep.

Spare me that weak shit.Yep it was all Memphis's fault they lost. Not like making several key plays had anything to do with that. And total domination in the OT period?

HC_Chief
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I agreed with Gottlieb at the time, that kid was a punk.

Yep. Gottlieb got it right (as usual; exception being a certain game wher he suited up incorrectly ;))

DJJasonp
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Spare me that weak shit.

And Don Dekinger cost the cardinals the '85 world series too!!!! :rolleyes:

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Yep it was all Memphis's fault they lost. Not like making several key plays had anything to do with that. And total domination in the OT period?

Nice job deflecting.

Bottom line: Your coach is no saint. You may want to hop off that horse you came riding in on. You'll probably want to go fetch a ladder first.

Chocolate Hog
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Miller is a Punk then what the hell is Sherron "Peewee" Collins with all his illigetement kids and whipping his dick to women in a elevtaor? Or the Other idiot who was shooting bb's at people.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Miller is a Punk then what the hell is Sherron "Peewee" Collins with all his illigetement kids and whipping his dick to women in a elevtaor? Or the Other idiot who was shooting bb's at people.

Collins would never do that if he played for a Bill Self coached team, or he'd ride the pine.

Oh, wait.....

JFC.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Collins would never do that if he played for a Bill Self coached team, or he'd ride the pine.

Oh, wait.....

JFC.

I saw Collins whip his dick out on the court the other night. At first I was shocked....then I was like "Ohhhhh Sheron (lol)".

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 04:02 PM
This thread got hijacked by retarded noobs.
http://photos21.flickr.com/33748543_9516a232a3.jpg

DJ's left nut
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Who hijacked this one again, jackass?

Let's hear again how your boy Self is pure as the driven snow.

I'm sure Chalmers and Arthur weren't blazing up until they went pro.

You shoved your foot in your mouth so now you figure you can obfuscate and throw 'noob' around to get the regulars into a feeding frenzy and bail you out of your bullshit. Probably the only shot you've got 'cause you're damn sure not explaining away your idiocy worth anything. Care to defend your position, or are you just going to deflect and dodge again?

Sorry ace, you're not backpeddling out of this.

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Who hijacked this one again, jackass?

Let's hear again how your boy Self is pure as the driven snow.

I'm sure Chalmers and Arthur weren't blazing up until they went pro.

You shoved your foot in your mouth so now you figure you can obfuscate and throw 'noob' around to get the regulars into a feeding frenzy and bail you out of your bullshit. Probably the only shot you've got 'cause you're damn sure not explaining away your idiocy worth anything. Care to defend your position, or are you just going to deflect and dodge again?

Sorry ace, you're not backpeddling out of this."pure as driven snow" Are you a fag? Your and idiot!

doomy3
01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
------------------------

LMAOLMAO
This is the funniest things I have read in a while!

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2009, 11:44 AM
"pure as driven snow" Are you a pillowbiter? Your and idiot!

Ha the irony.

Boon
01-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Cookie WAS acting like a punk.
Gottleib called it right.
Sadler's just doing his job too.

DJ's left nut
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM

Translation: "I just got ****ing owned and am currently tapdancing in clown shoes, someone please help me get out of my own way." It's truly sad that this is the best you've got.

Way to show your ass, beaker. I pray for your fellow KU fans that you're simply a misguided highschooler and not an alum...

Mr. Laz
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Translation: "I just got ****ing owned and am currently tapdancing in clown shoes, someone please help me get out of my own way." It's truly sad that this is the best you've got.

Way to show your ass, beaker. I pray for your fellow KU fans that you're simply a misguided highschooler and not an alum...
you're named after a guy's sack WTF you talking about

maybe if you get banned, your next name can be 'RandomGuysAnus' or something.

DJ's left nut
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
you're named after a guy's sack WTF you talking about

maybe if you get banned, your next name can be 'RandomGuysAnus' or something.

OH NOES!! NOT MY SCREEN NAME!!!

How will I ever recover from such a withering blow? I mean I'm freaking reeling right now.

Weak sauce.

Do you care to defend Arrowhead's idiocy? Or are you gonna stick with the sidestepping and pathetic ad-hominems?

mikeyis4dcats.
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Why don't you go find a towel to pee in.http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/peeintowel.jpg

yes, obviously peeing in a towel is a moral crime and a crime against humanity.

WilliamTheIrish
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Bud Dwyer yourself.