PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Collectible

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm about to but this autographed LH card for $25. What do guys think something like this actually worth. Probably not much Huh? I don't really care though, I don't plan on selling it. Just wondering what you guys thought of this.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Here it is.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Fail.

Buck
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Probably around $5 or so.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry.

Ebolapox
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
...what set is it from? (topps, donruss, playoff, spx, etc)? what year was it produced? is it authenticated (the auto)... etc.

from the looks of it, it doesn't look like an 'official' release. as such, you'd be lucky to get 10 bucks for it.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
...what set is it from? (topps, donruss, playoff, spx, etc)? what year was it produced? is it authenticated (the auto)... etc.

from the looks of it, it doesn't look like an 'official' release. as such, you'd be lucky to get 10 bucks for it.

It is authenticated, but it's not from a set. It is a 4x6in card. LIke I said, I wouldn't want to sell it. I'm just curious.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
I will give you $8.92 for that card right now.

chiefsfanintx
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a Brodie Croyle rookie card.What do you think it's worth?

Ebolapox
01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
It is authenticated, but it's not from a set. It is a 4x6in card. LIke I said, I wouldn't want to sell it. I'm just curious.

not to be a smartass, but it's worth whatever somebody would pay for it. if it were an officially licensed product, it would be worth more. an autographed card by a (dead) hall of famer? the cheapest I've seen of a (dead) hall of fame owner was $45. however, that was a 'cut' signature of george young on an officially licensed nfl football card. standard size...

that card? looks nice and all, but you'd be lucky to get more than ten bucks out of it if you were to try to sell it. collectors can be finicky, and if you tried to sell an unlicensed card, you likely wouldn't get as much out of it as you'd like.

who is it authenticated through? not to be an asshole, but certificates of authentication are only worth the paper they're printed on--unless it's through a reputable souce, which would obviously increase the value.

Johnny Vegas
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
wow thats a cheap price for that card. To bad it isn't licensed by UD, Topps, Donruss or that would be in my sights. Nice find! Who else collects cards on here?

Rukdafaidas
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM

About $20....if it has a $20 bill taped to it and the bill is in good condition.

MOhillbilly
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
when i read 'LH' this dude came to mind.
http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/50-Larry-Hagman.jpg

Johnny Vegas
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM

what is it? Bowman Chrome, Sp Authentic, Topps?

Ebolapox
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM

whatever somebody would pay for it :p

as mamajama asked, what set? brand? card number? auto? jersey?

regardless of 'official beckett value,' it all hinges on what somebody would pay for it... a card may be 'worth' 20 bucks, but if you can't find a buyer for it, it's worthless.

Johnny Vegas
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
whatever somebody would pay for it :p

as mamajama asked, what set? brand? card number? auto? jersey?

regardless of 'official beckett value,' it all hinges on what somebody would pay for it... a card may be 'worth' 20 bucks, but if you can't find a buyer for it, it's worthless.

are you a collector? Have you been on Beckett's message board before they failed at upgrading their site.

Ebolapox
01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
are you a collector? Have you been on Beckett's message board before they failed at upgrading their site.

I used to collect much more when I was younger. I got a little older/more responsible, and couldn't blow whole paychecks on cards anymore. I still dabble from time to time, especially since ebay makes it so much easier to collect specific players as opposed to paying a lot for packs and missing more than I hit.

never did go to beckett's message board, though.