PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alright, for the record: Who do YOU think will be the next HC?

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm betting a new coach will be named early next week - so now's the time to pick your horse.

Who's it gonna be?

Haley?

Shanahan?

Cowher?

Bowles?

Frazier?

Mystery Candidate?

Let's find out who the Planet thinks will be the 11th Head Coach in Chiefs history.

crazycoffey
01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
tomlin for our first and second round picks

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
:thumb:al saunders

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
I honestly have no opinion.

oldandslow
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I think it will be Cowher.

ChiefRon
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I think it will be Haley, unless Pioli pulls the rabbit out of the hat and names Cowher.

But then again, who knows?

King_Chief_Fan
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I am still curious as to what the Chiefs are thinking about Gailey.

When I guess, I guess wrong, but let's say I guess: Haley

FringeNC
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I think Haley has to be the slight favorite to get the job, but not close to even money. There is no information coming out.

DJJasonp
01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Haley...but still holding out hope for the chin.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Gaz.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Haley is the only one who makes sense. The other major candidates could have been signed already.

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Haley is the only one who makes sense. The other major candidates could have been signed already.

Perhaps they wanted Herm to have his "day". Then that goes straight into the Superbowl week where they can't do anything.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't made a decision yet, other than I'll say that Todd Haley WILL NOT be the next HC.

Chief Henry
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Haley

Warrior5
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM

I agree... but I think Cowher is the stand-by in case Haley says no.

And I'm good with this.

Red Brooklyn
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
What the hell, I'll play.

I suck at this game, but Cowher's been at the top of my wishlist for a long time. I've always liked him. So, I've got my fingers crossed for Cowher. I think he'll be the next coach of the KC Chiefs.

PS - I'm almost always wrong about this stuff. Here's to hope!

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Gaz.

But I hope they interview this guy: http://news.steelers.com/team/coach/49264/

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Cowher doesn't seem like he wants to coach this year. I don't want a guy who doesn't have his heart in it 100%

Red Brooklyn
01-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I haven't made a decision yet, other than I'll say that Todd Haley WILL NOT be the next HC.

you got inside info? Or do you just really not like the idea?

Basileus777
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Dick Curl will return in triumph!

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Someone a lot of us won't know.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
you got inside info? Or do you just really not like the idea?

No inside info, and no, I don't care for the idea.

I just have a feeling that Haley is not even on Pioli's radar - regardless of the connection.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the field.

rad
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Chuck Norris

rad
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
lol.....no seriously Paul Pasqualoni

KCChiefsFan88
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Clark Hunt by all accounts wants Mike Shanahan... what Clark wants, Clark gets.

Sure-Oz
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
No inside info, and no, I don't care for the idea.

I just have a feeling that Haley is not even on Pioli's radar - regardless of the connection.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the field.

It'll be someone out of nowhere i bet....i don't think i want Haley anyway, no one cared until the last few games about him.

patteeu
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I want Cowher (or Parcells or maybe even Shanahan) and I hope that he's the top choice being targeted by Pioli/Hunt, but I voted for Todd Bowles as the backup option that the Chiefs will go to after they're rebuffed by the guys I want.

Fritz88
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM

same here

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
It'll be someone out of nowhere i bet....i don't think i want Haley anyway, no one cared until the last few games about him.

All along I've been saying it will be a "WTF" hire - but as much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to think that regardless of what the media says, Shanahan or Cowher could end up being the guy.

I'd actually be more surprised if we hire Haley - though everyone seems to think he's the favorite - than I would be if they hired Shanny or Cowher.

dirk digler
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I voted mystery basically because I have no fucking clue

Sure-Oz
01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
All along I've been saying it will be a "WTF" hire - but as much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to think that regardless of what the media says, Shanahan or Cowher could end up being the guy.

I'd actually be more surprised if we hire Haley - though everyone seems to think he's the favorite - than I would be if they hired Shanny or Cowher.

It's pretty much impossible for me to speculate, esp since they are going to be super quiet about whats going on. I assume when the SB is over we'll hear something shortly. There were some WTF candidates last year and they had some success, we'll just have to trust pioli. I definetly won't rule anyone out, even cowher and shanny.

DaWolf
01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't know much about Pioli, so I can't really figure what he's going to do. That said, to now he's come across as a very cautious and deliberate person who covers all of his bases and who also has a plan. He has also said that philosophically, he looks more at production than potential when evaluating a player, so he strikes me as a person who would rather go for something he can quantify than something he'd have to guess on. So if that carries over to the coaching search, it would make more sense to me that he'd prefer to hire someone with past experience as a head coach rather than a rookie guy with no experience. So I am not sold that Haley is his choice, nor am I sold that it should be his choice.

The other thing I wonder about with Haley, and maybe this is an unfair statement, but he has four little kids as far as I know, and would he be OK with putting everything aside and making football and being in charge of turning around the Chiefs as the head guy the top priority? Because as much time as assistants have to put in, the HC will have to be all in, and Pioli has worked with guys like Bellichik and Parcells who lived football pretty much 24/7...

FAX
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Initially, I thought that the Cowher rumor had legs, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I mean, who's going to live in that house he bought? If it's unoccupied for too long, some lonely, half-mad, flea-infested hobo is going to claim squatter's rights and the neighborhood will go straight to hell. But now, I'm not so sure they were legs at all. They appear to have been more like pogo sticks. So, I'm going with Bruce Arians. He would be a first time HC (I believe that Pioli would prefer that), a guy who's offensive-minded, someone who has helped develop a young quarterback into a star (Payton The Ultra Magnificent For An AssClown Hillbilly), and - as a dark horse candidate - allows us to meet the requirements of the Rooney Rule all in one fell swoop ... or fell hop ... or something.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Initially, I thought that the Cowher rumor had legs, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I mean, who's going to live in that house he bought? If it's unoccupied for too long, some lonely, half-mad, flea-infested hobo is going to claim squatter's rights and the neighborhood will go straight to hell. But now, I'm not so sure they were legs at all. They appear to have been more like pogo sticks. So, I'm going with Bruce Arians. He would be a first time HC (I believe that Pioli would prefer that), a guy who's offensive-minded, someone who has helped develop a young quarterback into a star (Payton The Ultra Magnificent For An AssClown Hillbilly), and - as a dark horse candidate - allows us to meet the requirements of the Rooney Rule all in one fell swoop ... or fell hop ... or something.

FAX

You and I are the only two people on this board to mention Bruce Arians.

And it wouldn't shock me in the least.

However, what would shock me is that Arians would qualify as meeting Rooney Rule requirements, as he is a white man.

Good to have you back - hope you stick around.

ONTHEWARPATH58 THE HAPPY (TO SEE FAX BACK)

kysirsoze
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Haley... but only because I think they can't get Cowher.

Basileus777
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM

FAX

Bruce Arians? The offensive coordinator that Steeler fans hate?

Jerm
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know, I'm really starting to get this weird feeling it could be Cowher. A lot of things make sense for him being the next HC.

It's just weird to me that EVERYTHING is pointing to Haley and that seems just to convenient for Pioli...it reeks of smokescreen to me.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 01:30 PM
From a logical standpoint, I chose Haley.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense not to have hired a coach that's currently unemployed (Shanahan, Cowher, etc.) or a coach from the college ranks before the Senior Bowl, let alone the Super Bowl.

That leaves coordinators still coaching. Arians and LeBeau are out for obvious reasons, which leaves Pendergast and Haley.

Pendergast has never been mentioned as a head coaching candidate, anywhere. That leaves Haley.

Since Haley has ties with Pioli, I'd say he's the choice.

StcChief
01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Haley.... but Clark talking to the Chin makes me wonder.

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 01:36 PM

FAX

Fax, is your wife doing ok? Hope things are going swimmingly for you all.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
From a logical standpoint, I chose Haley.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense not to have hired a coach that's currently unemployed (Shanahan, Cowher, etc.) or a coach from the college ranks before the Senior Bowl, let alone the Super Bowl.

That leaves coordinators still coaching. Arians and LeBeau are out for obvious reasons, which leaves Pendergast and Haley.

Pendergast has never been mentioned as a head coaching candidate, anywhere. That leaves Haley.

Since Haley has ties with Pioli, I'd say he's the choice.

When would they have had time to interview all their candidates, and hire someone?

Herm was just fired a week ago today. Late in the day. Any potential new hire already missed the Senior Bowl.

That means they had 2 days to conduct interviews and make an announcement, as the NFL prefers you not overshadow the SB and make big news. Neither Pioli or Clark are the types to ruffle the feathers of the league, unlike Al Davis.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised, and disappointed when it's not Haley.

soopamanluva
01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I agree... but I think Cowher is the stand-by in case Haley says no.

And I'm good with this.

Posted via Mobile Device

I would like john mitchell from the steelers

patteeu
01-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know, I'm really starting to get this weird feeling it could be Cowher. A lot of things make sense for him being the next HC.

It's just weird to me that EVERYTHING is pointing to Haley and that seems just to convenient for Pioli...it reeks of smokescreen to me.

To generate a smokescreen, there have to be leaks or some other media manipulation mechanism in play. By all accounts, the Chiefs top management are on information lockdown. That doesn't sound like a smokescreen to me.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Smokescreen? What's the point of a smokescreen? Hasn't everyone else filled their HC position?

dirk digler
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM

However, what would shock me is that Arians would qualify as meeting Rooney Rule requirements, as he is a white man.

I had no idea Arians coached for the Chiefs.

Gretz interviewed him yesterday and has a piece on his blog about it. That Chiefs coaching staff that Marty had with him in the beginning was very impressive.

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/friday-morning-cup-o%E2%80%99super-bowl.html#more-6718

And that staff of 12-men helped turn around the fortunes of the franchise. Consider the names Schottenheimer put together:

Joe Pendry Offensive Coordinator.
Al Saunders Wide receivers coach.
Bruce Arians Running backs coach.
Howard Mudd Offensive line coach.
Kurt Schottenheimer Special teams coach.
Bill Cowher Defensive Coordinator.
Tom Pratt Defensive line coach.
Tony Dungy Secondary coach.
Darvin Wallis Defensive quality control.
Dave Redding Strength & conditioning.
Russ Ball assistant strength & condition.

Basileus777
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I didn't know Saunders coached for Marty.

Mr. Plow
Just say NO to Cowher.

CoMoChief
Alright......For the record..........there are about a MILLION threads just like this.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM

1996 IIRC

Fritz88
I voted mystery basically because I have no ****ing clue

ROFL. I also agree with this one. Pioli and Hunt are pretty secretive people.

the Talking Can
i honestly can't even guess i'm so confused/uninformed....for some reason Haley seems too obvious...

rad
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
lol.....no seriously Paul Pasqualoni

I could see a PC going like this:

KC media: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Pasqualoni: What do you mean I'm funny?
kc media: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]
Pasqualoni: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
kc media: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Pasqualoni: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Pioli: Paulie no, You got it all wrong.
Pasqualoni: Oh, oh, Scotty. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
kc media: Jus...
Pasqualoni: What?
kc media: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Pasqualoni: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
kc media: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Pasqualoni: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
kc media: [long pause] Get the **** out of here, Paulie!
Pasqualoni: [everyone laughs] Ya mother****er! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya.

doomy3
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM

This.

Although, I would REALLY like for it to be Shanahan, I would be very happy with Cowher too. But I think it will be Haley and I don't know enough about him to have an opinion.

Mark M
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I can't vote because I honestly have no freakin' clue.

The question I've seen asked, but not yet answered (although I could have missed it) is which minority candidate will receive an interview.

Clark is a huge supporter of the Rooney rule, and he very well may have already done interviews with several people, including a minority candidate.

But there's been no word on who that person is or could be. So ... anyone have some ideas on that?

MM
~~:hmmm:

raybec 4
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I could see a PC going like this:

KC media: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Pasqualoni: What do you mean I'm funny?
kc media: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]
Pasqualoni: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
kc media: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Pasqualoni: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Pioli: Paulie no, You got it all wrong.
Pasqualoni: Oh, oh, Scotty. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
kc media: Jus...
Pasqualoni: What?
kc media: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Pasqualoni: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
kc media: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Pasqualoni: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
kc media: [long pause] Get the **** out of here, Paulie!
Pasqualoni: [everyone laughs] Ya mother****er! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya.

"I don't know about you Gretz, I think you might fold under questioning."

Jerm
01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
To generate a smokescreen, there have to be leaks or some other media manipulation mechanism in play. By all accounts, the Chiefs top management are on information lockdown. That doesn't sound like a smokescreen to me.

True and I agree with that but man it's just weird to me that everything is pointing to Haley when he hasn't even been interviewed or we haven't even asked for permission...considering we had a week to do both.

Something with it just doesn't add up to me.

88TG88
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok gang, my vote goes for Haley.

FAX
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM

As you say, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I just figured that since he's such a dark horse, we might get by with it.

And thanks for the compliment. I hope to be able to spend more time online, but it will still be intermittent. There is much to do and little time in which to do it. Whatever it is.

FAX

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
As you say, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. I just figured that since he's such a dark horse, we might get by with it.

And thanks for the compliment. I hope to be able to spend more time online, but it will still be intermittent. There is much to do and little time in which to do it. Whatever it is.

FAX

how's the wife, faxy?

FAX
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Bruce Arians? The offensive coordinator that Steeler fans hate?

That's the guy, Mr. Basileus777. Honestly, I don't know much about him.

It's just that is appears we're waiting for something ... perhaps the SB. If so, it follows that Pioli is hot for one of those coaches or coordinators or assistants or ballboys or somebody.

Also, I kind of think that Pioli would want a first time HC for some reason.

FAX

oaklandhater
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I want Shanahan I can deal with haley or bowles

Dont want bignose aka cowher any where near KC.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
When would they have had time to interview all their candidates, and hire someone?

Herm was just fired a week ago today. Late in the day. Any potential new hire already missed the Senior Bowl.

That means they had 2 days to conduct interviews and make an announcement, as the NFL prefers you not overshadow the SB and make big news. Neither Pioli or Clark are the types to ruffle the feathers of the league, unlike Al Davis.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised, and disappointed when it's not Haley.

You asked who we thought would be the next head coach; not who we wanted. That's why the choice Haley makes sense to me, using Occam's Razor.

As to your other question, no one here has any idea what's going on a One Arrowhead Drive or what's in the minds of Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt. Maybe they've already satisfied the Rooney Rule by interviewing some like Romeo Crennel but they had Haley targeted as their guy all along.

Bruce Arians does not fit the profile specified by Clark in the past. He's 56 years old and has never been head coach in the NFL. While he's done an okay job with Pittsburgh as their offensive coordinator, his time in Cleveland was far less than stellar.

FAX
01-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Fax, is your wife doing ok? Hope things are going swimmingly for you all.

Thanks, Mr. DeezNutz. Your interest and well-wishes are greatly and sincerely appreciated.

She's doing well. Much, much better. Knock on head, I think that we are out of the woods on that deal having avoided all the penis-eating racoons and 8-ball-carrying, fresh-out-of-med-school, dipshit shamans posing as actual physicians.

We can again look forward to a long life together which was the original plan, of course. God, I hate cancer. Cancer can eat my shorts.

FAX THE CANCER HATER

Basileus777
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
You asked who we thought would be the next head coach; not who we wanted. That's why the choice Haley makes sense to me, using Occam's Razor.

As to your other question, no one here has any idea what's going on a One Arrowhead Drive or what's in the minds of Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt. Maybe they've already satisfied the Rooney Rule by interviewing some like Romeo Crennel but they had Haley targeted as their guy all along.

Bruce Arians does not fit the profile specified by Clark in the past. He's 56 years old and has never been head coach in the NFL. While he's done an okay job with Pittsburgh as their offensive coordinator, his time in Cleveland was far less than stellar.

Has Clark actually given a profile for the age of the coach he wanted? He wanted a young GM, but I don't recall him saying he wanted a young coach.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Has Clark actually given a profile for the age of the coach he wanted? He wanted a young GM, but I don't recall him saying he wanted a young coach.

If not, then my bad. I could have sworn that he wanted a youthful GM and coach.

Time will tell. :D

FAX
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
how's the wife, faxy?

I think the new and improved ChiefsPlanet has a multi-quote feature, Mr. JASONSAUTO, but I'll be dag nabbed and horn swaggled by a cross-eyed, lisping, Chinese prostitute if I know how to use it.

She's doing well. Thanks for asking.

FAX THE PRETTY DARNED HORN SWAGGLED AT THE MOMENT

HemiEd
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
But I hope they interview this guy: http://news.steelers.com/team/coach/49264/

Very interesting, but some around here might think he is too old.

FAX
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Just say NO to Cowher.

I think I agree with you on that one right there Mr. Mr. Plow. I want to see the Chiefs start off with someone new. Preferably young. Offensive-minded. A guy who would rather have excellent assistants than the spotlight.

FAX

HemiEd
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I want Cowher (or Parcells or maybe even Shanahan) and I hope that he's the top choice being targeted by Pioli/Hunt, but I voted for Todd Bowles as the backup option that the Chiefs will go to after they're rebuffed by the guys I want.

I don't want Cowher, but would take most all the other options, and picked Bowles in the poll.

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks, Mr. DeezNutz. Your interest and well-wishes are greatly and sincerely appreciated.

She's doing well. Much, much better. Knock on head, I think that we are out of the woods on that deal having avoided all the penis-eating racoons and 8-ball-carrying, fresh-out-of-med-school, dipshit shamans posing as actual physicians.

We can again look forward to a long life together which was the original plan, of course. God, I hate cancer. Cancer can eat my shorts.

FAX THE CANCER HATER

That's great! Also great about the racoon avoidance, especially for YourNutz.

JuicesFlowing
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing it's Haley since we've waited this long.

Jerm
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Gil Brandt on Sirius said he heard the new HC will be announced on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and he couldn't divulge the name of who it was.

Who know if he knows but that's interesting...couldn't be Haley if that were the case.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Gil Brandt on Sirius said he heard the new HC will be announced on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and he couldn't divulge the name of who it was.

Who know if he knows but that's interesting...couldn't be Haley if that were the case.

Why couldn't it be Haley?

LOCOChief
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I think I agree with you on that one right there Mr. Mr. Plow. I want to see the Chiefs start off with someone new. Preferably young. Offensive-minded. A guy who would rather have excellent assistants than the spotlight.

FAX

Glad to see you back Fax!

the Chins in

PastorMikH
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
My first pick at who I think it will be is Haley

Second, Cohwer.

FringeNC
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM

I wondered that myself. I am assuming he interpreted it as the announcement COULD be made before that, in which case it couldn't be Haley.

Jerm
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM

I'm just going under the assumption that we haven't even interviewed him yet.

Can't see him being interviewed and hired in 1 or 2 days.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM

For all WE know, he's already been interviewed.

The silence is deafening.

DJJasonp
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Someone photoshop Mangino with one of Herm's red Chiefs sweater vests on...

:)

Jerm
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
For all WE know, he's already been interviewed.

The silence is deafening.

True, we're all just making assumptions at this point lol.

It's crazy.

Who knows, maybe Pioli hires someone that none of us are even mentioning right now...wouldn't surprise me in the least amount.

FAX
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Pioli surprised everybody.

Ever since that Carl guy hung up his leathers, there's been a whole lotta speculatin' going on. I mean, a year ago, how many peeps would have dreamed that we would land Pioli as GM? Very few, I would think. As Pioli's master plan unfolds before us like a beautiful, unblemished labia in the morning sun, I'm pretty sure a lot of prognosticators will find themselves in error. Do they play football in Japan?

FAX

PastorMikH
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM

'Course we haven't "Interviewed" him yet. But, if he's the one Clark and Scott are interested in, I'm sure they have already taken care of their homework. I wouldn't be surprised that, though they haven't talked to Haley themselves, they could talk to a third party - like someone's father in law that would be calling to chit chat with Haley on how things are going getting ready for the SB.

I would imagine things could move pretty quick once the SB is over.

warrior
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
For the record who ever Pioli selects

Sure-Oz
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM

Ever since that Carl guy hung up his leathers, there's been a whole lotta speculatin' going on. I mean, a year ago, how many peeps would have dreamed that we would land Pioli as GM? Very few, I would think. As Pioli's master plan unfolds before us like a beautiful, unblemished labia in the morning sun, I'm pretty sure a lot of prognosticators will find themselves in error. Do they play football in Japan?

FAX

I'm sure he's got an eye on Trey Hillman

DTLB58
01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm guessing it's Haley since we've waited this long.

Yea, If this is true, Why would the Chiefs wait to name Cowher till after the SB?

Micjones
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
My gut feeling is Todd Haley.

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Yea, If this is true, Why would the Chiefs wait to name Cowher till after the SB?

Because you're not allowed to make any announcements during SB week.

Bowser
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Rex Ryan was announced on a Monday that he was the new head coach of the Jets, after the Ravens lost that previous Sunday tot he Steelers.

PastorMikH
01-30-2009, 04:15 PM

The only reason I could think of is Cowher doesn't want to distract from Pittsburg's moment in the spotlight.

stevieray
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised...

..so far..so good.

Jerm
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Rex Ryan was announced on a Monday that he was the new head coach of the Jets, after the Ravens lost that previous Sunday tot he Steelers.

Yeah after he had already been interviewed.

I said I was coming from the assumption that Haley hasn't been interviewed yet.

I think it was stated in one of the Arizona papers that we haven't even asked for permission to speak with him.

chiefforlife
01-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I am ready to publicly say, IT WILL BE BILL COWHER! And Im serious.

Pestilence
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I am ready to publicly say, IT WILL BE BILL COWHER! And Im serious.

THE DEAL IS DONE.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE.

LMAO

FLACHIEF58HOF
01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd like it to be Cowher, but I'm afraid it won't happen. Haley appers to be the man considdering the inaction of scott (it seems we will have to wait till after the sb for him to make first contact with our new HC). I will say it is hard to forsee what will happen in this new era of the Chiefs, but imho that's how I see it.

BigRock
01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
John Clayton says that while Haley preps for the Super Bowl, he has friends making calls on his behalf, getting assistant coaches lined up.

Either he knows something or he's quite presumptuous.

Predarat
01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
I think its Todd Haley but am hoping for the Rat or the Chin.

FringeNC
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
John Clayton says that while Haley preps for the Super Bowl, he has friends making calls on his behalf, getting assistant coaches lined up.

Damn. Clayton's going out on a limb, there.

OnTheWarpath58
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM

:11 mark (turn up the volume a bit...)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXynm5POg6s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXynm5POg6s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM

yep most of these reporters have done this too, i fucking love it(sucks for us to wait )

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXynm5POg6s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXynm5POg6s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THAT'S GREATROFL:doh!:

eazyb81
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
It's obviously Haley.

Not even sure why there's serious debate at this point.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXynm5POg6s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

How you found that, I'll never know. But rep to you.

whoman69
01-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm going to discount Shanahan and Cower for the obvious reasons. If it were Frazier or Bowles they would have been announced already. That leaves...

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 08:02 PM
If it were Frazier or Bowles they would have been announced already.

No they wouldn't, nobody can announce anything this week.

BigRock
01-30-2009, 08:17 PM

I wouldn't look at it like that. If multiple calls are being made to coaches around the league on behalf of Haley, it should be pretty easy to verify.

The question is why Haley's doing it. Is it because he knows he has a new job waiting for him, or because he's letting all the media stuff lead him into thinking he's at the top of the list.

I would doubt it's the latter, but I don't know the guy.

patteeu
01-31-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm going to discount Shanahan and Cower for the obvious reasons. If it were Frazier or Bowles they would have been announced already. That leaves...

After hearing Bill Parcels make a statement about his decision to stay with the Miami Dolphins and specifically mentioning his commitment to help Bowles and Sporano get the team stabilized in the right direction, I no longer think Bowles is the next KC HC.

milkman
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM

FAX

Maurice Carthon, FTW

milkman
01-31-2009, 08:28 AM

After Hackett left to coach USC, Marty was talking to Jimmy Raye, the Chiefs RB coach at the time, and Saunders, the Chiefs WR coach, about replacing Hackett.

I was pissed that he chose Raye over Saunders.

Jerm
01-31-2009, 08:34 AM
From that fat tub o' goo Peter King's article yesterday...

9. I think there's a chance Todd Haley's occasionally flaring temper will be a factor in whether he one day gets a head-coaching shot.

It's interesting that he says ONE DAY if he gets a head-coaching shot not that he's going to coach this year or be the guy in KC as everyone else claims as a lock but yours truly. You think he knows something as well? Especially if it involves Cowher?

And also Gil Brandt was on NFL Sirius Radio today and he said the KC job will be filled after the Super Bowl either on Monday or Tuesday. You guys still think Pioli is going to be able to hire Haley in a 24 hour period -especially when you consider he's never interviewed the man?

whoman69
01-31-2009, 10:38 AM
No they wouldn't, nobody can announce anything this week.

True, but he could have announced a new head coach after firing the old. While its possible it could be Frazier or Bowles, I would have thought a deal would have been done with them in time for the announcement. As tight lipped as the Chiefs have been throughout this whole thing, I don't think they could have kept the lid on a new coach having been hired this week.

WARPARTY70
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm hope it Haley or Cowher

Reerun_KC
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
ANYBODY but Cowher..... Please no Cowher....

wkchief
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Gruden

Chiefshrink
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM

This! I say it's Cowher or Shanny but I got this weird feeling it is Shanny and Shefter will be soooooooooooooorely humbled.ROFL