PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is this the best Chiefs offseason ever?

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Between losing Carl, Gun AND Herm, gaining Pioli (and a HC to be named later) AND DT making the HOF, I nominate this offseason to be the best EVAH!

Crush
01-31-2009, 01:19 PM
I second that notion.

kstater
01-31-2009, 01:19 PM
1 more obstacle to hurdle.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
1 more obstacle to hurdle.Yeah, but I really feel like we're FINALLY on our way!

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the 1963 one was better.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
I think the 1963 one was better.But in 1963, we did NOT get to run Carl out of town on a rail. :D

Red Brooklyn
01-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Between losing Carl, Gun AND Herm, gaining Pioli (and a HC to be named later) AND DT making the HOF, I nominate this offseason to be the best EVAH!

:clap:

It's certainly worthy of a nomination.

warrior
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
:clap:

It's certainly worthy of a nomination.

Yep

RustShack
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
It's almost there. We still have to see who coaches are, who we sign, and who we draft.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
It's almost there. We still have to see who coaches are, who we sign, and who we draft.I've got faith.

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2009, 01:35 PM
I still say 1963 - drafted Buck and Bobby and moved to Kansas City. Hard to beat that.

stevieray
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I still say 1963 - drafted Buck and Bobby and moved to Kansas City. Hard to beat that.
this and today are the most pivotal time in the Chiefs history.

DeezNutz
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM

Give it time. Our franchise QB is coming in a few months. :)

Danman
01-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Hard to argue with 1963, but since I was only 2 years old at the time my memory is kinda fuzzy about that offseason. What a great offseason to be a Chiefs fan. Here it is February and I find myself glued to this board several times a day waiting for the next "thing" to happen.

Simplex3
01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Only in KC does getting your GM fired beat the year you won a Super Bowl.

DeezNutz
01-31-2009, 01:47 PM

Best offseason. Not season.

Simplex3
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Best offseason. Not season.

Duuuhhhh...
:stupid:

Douche Baggins
01-31-2009, 01:57 PM
When I get laid it will be.

DeezNutz
01-31-2009, 01:59 PM

I have a feeling that 2017 will kick ass, too.

Danman
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM

Oh don't be such a Donna Downer. Enjoy the great things that've happened this offseason and don't get bogged with thoughts of impossibilities like you getting laid or Shanny coaching the Chiefs.

Fritz88
01-31-2009, 02:05 PM

Just wait until we name the HC :)

But yeah, this one is up there.

FAX
01-31-2009, 03:10 PM

I think it is, Mr. SEKChiefsFan. A year ago, few people would have predicted that that Carl guy would just up and quit like the sniveling, cowardly, snake banger he is. And, it wasn't long ago when peeps right here on the Planet were talking about how Clark didn't care about the team or winning and about how all he was interested in was money and soccer and fast cars and frozen mild duds. Top that off with bringing in the best GM candidate in the league and watching him put his boot up Get Over It's tailpipe and I believe you have yourself the best off-season of all times.

The good news is that it's not over. We still have the draft, free agency, and a brand spanking new coaching staff on the way.

I'd say that it's the best since Lamar moved the Chiefs to KC.

FAX

Johnny Vegas
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
the best in my 19 years as a fan.

Robo-Chachi
01-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Hard to say until a HC is named. I was more excited when we got Vermeil, Green and Holmes.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 03:18 PM
For all the good THAT did.

Deberg_1990
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Winter of 89 was pretty dang good too. I know its fashionable to bash Carl now, but that 89 offseason was HUGE.

Carl, Marty and DT.

Beerthirty
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
If only Whitlock would leave now.

Basileus777
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
1989 still tops it.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
WTF do we have to show for 1989, though? We didn't win shit. Now, we haven't won shit with Pioli, either (yet), but at least it's a fresh start.

AJKCFAN
01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Getting Joe Montana and Marcus Allen (two Hall of Famers) to try to put the Chiefs over the top in the 1993 offseason wasn't too shabby either.

That definitely gave all Chiefs hope they with them on board, a Super Bowl trip and Championship was easily within reach.

That was the best Chiefs offseason ever recently, IMO.

1989 getting DT, Marty & Carl was great... they made the Chiefs relevant, very relevant,

2009 is looking like another top-notch Chiefs offseason. Get back to me when they have the HC named and when Pioli is done cleaning house, signing first-tier free agents early and produces his typical solid, Grade A Draft...

Sam Hall
01-31-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't see any reason why it won't be. The new head coach might be an unknown guy, but that shouldn't make us any less optimistic. Arrowhead should be rockin' like we know it can for the home opener.

FAX
01-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Perhaps I'm placing too much importance or emphasis on the hiring of Pioli, but I don't think so.

This is a man who wasn't hired to oversee an owner's business operations and bottom line. This is a man who was hired to win championships ... and not just one. Since 1989, we've watched the Chiefs struggle to make progress as a franchise only to take five steps back after every small step forward. Why? Because the persons ultimately responsible for wins & losses were, in retrospect, only sufficiently competent to field an average football team - not a dominant one. And our owner was willing to tolerate those results.

The Pioli hire means that Clark wants to win. Not win just enough to fill seats or sell season tickets, not win just enough to instill hope in the fan base, not just enough to make "next year" encouraging, but enough to bring the Lombardi back to Kansas City. So he brought in Pioli ... a guy who lives and breathes football and who was an integral part of building nothing short of a league dynasty in the era of parity. Pioli's not interested in the spotlight or concerned about how the media perceives him. He's not interested in seeing his picture in the sports section or getting an invitation to appear on ESPN. He's interested in winning the Super Bowl. What Chiefs fans have to realize is that, for the first time, we have a GM with the talent evaluation skills, experience, desire, work ethic, and track record to prove that that goal is well within our grasp. The Kansas City Chiefs have never had a GM the caliber of Scott Pioli. Ever. And, we've never had an owner willing to enter the marketplace to find, recruit, and dig deep enough to pay for the best man in the business and the best man for that job.

No. I don't think 1989 was a better off-season. I think this off-season will go down as the best in Chiefs history because Clark is charting a new course for the team - a road that will lead us back home - back to respectability and a championship which is where we belong.

FAX

ChiefJustice
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Perhaps I'm placing too much importance or emphasis on the hiring of Pioli, but I don't think so.

This is a man who wasn't hired to oversee an owner's business operations and bottom line. This is a man who was hired to win championships ... and not just one. Since 1989, we've watched the Chiefs struggle to make progress as a franchise only to take five steps back after every small step forward. Why? Because the persons ultimately responsible for wins & losses were, in retrospect, only sufficiently competent to field an average football team - not a dominant one. And our owner was willing to tolerate those results.

The Pioli hire means that Clark wants to win. Not win just enough to fill seats or sell season tickets, not win just enough to instill hope in the fan base, not just enough to make "next year" encouraging, but enough to bring the Lombardi back to Kansas City. So he brought in Pioli ... a guy who lives and breathes football and who was an integral part of building nothing short of a league dynasty in the era of parity. Pioli's not interested in the spotlight or concerned about how the media perceives him. He's not interested in seeing his picture in the sports section or getting an invitation to appear on ESPN. He's interested in winning the Super Bowl. What Chiefs fans have to realize is that, for the first time, we have a GM with the talent evaluation skills, experience, desire, work ethic, and track record to prove that that goal is well within our grasp. The Kansas City Chiefs have never had a GM the caliber of Scott Pioli. Ever. And, we've never had an owner willing to enter the marketplace to find, recruit, and dig deep enough to pay for the best man in the business and the best man for that job.

No. I don't think 1989 was a better off-season. I think this off-season will go down as the best in Chiefs history because Clark is charting a new course for the team - a road that will lead us back home - back to respectability and a championship which is where we belong.

FAX

Welcome back FAX.We missed ya' around here.

KChiefs1
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM

Definitely in the top 5.

Thig Lyfe
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Give it time. Our franchise QB is coming in a few months. :)

Yeah, Tyler Thigpen doesn't spend the offseason in KC.

Dave Lane
01-31-2009, 04:51 PM

Come to KC and I'll see to it that gets taken care of...

Dave Lane
01-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Oh and yes best I've felt about the Chiefs in years!!

JASONSAUTO
01-31-2009, 05:16 PM

FAX

damn faxy it's sure good for you to be back

milkman
01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
I hated it when Marty was hired.

I was pissed when we traded for Joe Montana.

I hated it Dick was hired, and moreso when we had to give up a draft pick for him.

I wasn't happy about trading a first round pick for Trent Green.

And looking back on those moves, they all worked out about the way that I expect.

Scott Pioli wasn't my first choice for GM, but unlike the rest of the moves mentioned, it doesn't piss me off, and I feel pretty good about it, overall.

If we hire a HC that doesn't piss me off, and draft a potential QBoTF in April, I'll be pretty excited about this offseason.

cabletech94
01-31-2009, 05:46 PM
It may not be the best offseason (as some would argue).
But it's a helluva good start!!!

Douche Baggins
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Just imagine if we draft Matt Stafford and sign Julius Peppers.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-31-2009, 05:58 PM
JIMP

KCtotheSB
01-31-2009, 05:58 PM
It's been coming up all aces thus far, that's for sure.

PhillyChiefFan
01-31-2009, 06:04 PM

FAX

Very well said Mr. FAX, and welcome back.

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM

FAX

good to see you fax

agree with every word...

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 06:12 PM
as others have mentioned....drafting a QB would make this jizz worthy

imagine the Franchise, the City, and the fan base finally having a QB to rally around, plan around, commit to....oh yeah...

Manila-Chief
01-31-2009, 10:24 PM

Not for me. Beating the might Vikes was the very best ... until Clark/Pioli/coach leads us the next one.

DeezNutz
01-31-2009, 10:35 PM

FAX

That's the biggest problem with your posts, Mr. Fax. Not enough thought and energy are put into them.

A few more "This'ssss" and "That'sssssss" and there's hope you'll come around. But we understand you're in pre-season form right now. We'll be patient. You're our Thigpen, or Thiggy, as the locals prefer.

:D

Halfcan
01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
plus a New stadium, thanks to Jackson County tax payers.

greg63
01-31-2009, 10:48 PM

Yup!

blueballs
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
It's been a whirlwind of sweet honeysuckle
since the King annonced his dethrowning

Bi_polar
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM

Mojo Jojo
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Jan. 12, 1970 was a hell of the first day of an offseason.

milkman
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Jan. 12, 1970 was a hell of the first day of an offseason.

I'd call that a great end to a season, not a first day of the offseason.

"Bob" Dobbs
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
With the Donks self-destructing in full view of all of us, I humbly resubmit this year as the GREATEST OFFSEASON EVAH!