PDA

View Full Version : News Phelps hitting a bong

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
reportedly....
(http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Olympic-gold-medal-winner-Michael-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html)
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00025/phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Bet he can hold in the bestest most harsh weed for over three minutes.

Basileus777
01-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Phelps needs to shave his head. The world can only handle one Eli Manning.

kstater
Meh, kid's been in intense training for his whole life, now that he's done, he's living out a normal kid's life.

Bowser
My initial thought was of Fred Phelps....

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Bet he can hold in the bestest most harsh weed for over three minutes.

he could clear the chamber of any bong you could build.....

Thig Lyfe
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Meh, kid's been in intense training for his whole life, now that he's done, he's living out a normal kid's life.

I think he's actually starting training for 2012. This photo was from November, during his break.

Fruit Ninja
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
cant be, it doesnt let you live up to your potential!!!!!!!! lol Even though, no one has ever come close to the stuff he has done. haha

Fish
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Who cares.... the guy is a helluva swimmer, but a complete freakin moron.

Demonpenz
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
That's not a bong, that's for my schlong

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I thought this was about Digger Phelps

Taco John
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM

Me too.

I'm like - big deal - a kid hitting a glass bong. I thought this was going to be interesting.

banyon
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM

I was kind of hoping for that too.

eazyb81
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Good for him.

He can take all the bong rips he wants after winning 8 golds.

unothadeal
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
God hates bongs

Ari Chi3fs
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
all the good jokes have already been used.

Johnny Vegas
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
nice roor

RippedmyFlesh
01-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Marijuana legal penalties are more harmful than the drug itself.

Thig Lyfe
01-31-2009, 08:50 PM

Exactly. Legalize it, regulate it, tax it. Big source of income that will reduce wasteful court costs, not to mention reduce violence (since dope dealers will be irrelevant).

DaFace
01-31-2009, 09:01 PM

REPOST!!! ;)

Seems like every time a thread comes up loosely centered around the topic of weed, it quickly becomes a "legalize it!" thread. You actually won't find a lot of opposition around here.

Jerm
01-31-2009, 09:03 PM
LOL looks nothing like him IMO.

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
I would not share my bag with the guy.

"it's ash...."

"uh, dude, that was for all of us...."

the Talking Can
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL looks nothing like him IMO.

it kinda looks like Jared Allen

kstater
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
REPOST!!! ;)

Seems like every time a thread comes up loosely centered around the topic of weed, it quickly becomes a "legalize it!" thread. You actually won't find a lot of opposition around here.

Are you saying there's a few potheads on CP?

Johnny Vegas
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
is he in the middle of a strikeout?

bowener
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont think that looks very much like him. Just another bro at a frat party.

Johnny Vegas
01-31-2009, 09:08 PM

where are you potheads at?

DaFace
01-31-2009, 09:09 PM

Well...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185854

Mr. Laz
01-31-2009, 09:10 PM
meh ....... like he hasn't earned a bit of partying

shakesthecat
01-31-2009, 09:11 PM
atta boy!

kstater
01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Well...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185854

I forgot about that one. Kind of takes away the whole Pot is a gateway drug argument.

wazu
01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Might as well tell me about the "scandal" of him drinking a beer before turning 21.

Ari Chi3fs
01-31-2009, 09:14 PM

"it's ash...."

Exactly, I came back to make this joke.

You would load him a fresh bowl... and that would be it. I have a friend like that, Moser... he used to play the trumbone and his lungs are unreal... when a bowl could be passed between us 3-5 times, it ends up, like 2 hits each and the last one is ash. Pot vacuum.

Iowanian
01-31-2009, 09:56 PM
I knew there was no way a sober man could eat eleventeen dozen eggs and bacon sandwiches a day.

Ultra Peanut
01-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Fred must be so disappointed. That's very phallic-looking.

jAZ
01-31-2009, 10:14 PM
That's not Michael Phelps.

Cheater5
01-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Feckin' turd...

Over-Head
01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Wonder if it was "skunk" or "Cronic" ?

QuikSsurfer
02-01-2009, 12:05 AM

"it's ash...."

ROFL
So true.

greg63
02-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Meh.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2009, 12:08 AM
If thats true, hes probably gonna lose a few endorsment deals..

greg63
02-01-2009, 12:16 AM
If thats true, hes probably gonna lose a few endorsment deals..

...Could be a very well put together photo shop.

FAX
02-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Mr. Mr. Flopnuts says that he will pull the hair out of his testicles if that is photoshopped.

FAX

Mark M
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Exactly, I came back to make this joke.

You would load him a fresh bowl... and that would be it. I have a friend like that, Moser... he used to play the trumbone and his lungs are unreal... when a bowl could be passed between us 3-5 times, it ends up, like 2 hits each and the last one is ash. Pot vacuum.

When I was in college, I could clear a 7' bong (4' grafix with 3' extension) in one shot.

Those were the days ...

**sigh**

MM
~~:bong:

greg63
02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Mr. Mr. Flopnuts says that he will pull the hair out of his testicles if that is photoshopped.

FAX

What exactly is "News of the World"? I admit that I don't get out much or watch television like I used to, but this is the first I've ever seen of this "news organization".

FAX
02-01-2009, 12:27 AM
What exactly is "News of the World"? I admit that I don't get out much or watch television like I used to, but this is the first I've ever seen of this "news organization".

I honestly don't know, Mr. greg63. Like you, I rarely watch television. I typically get my news from the internet thing or through conversation with others. Then, I evaluate the validity of any breaking stories based simply on reports of the amount of stubble on Mr. Mr. Flopnuts' marble bag.

FAX

greg63
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I honestly don't know, Mr. greg63. Like you, I rarely watch television. I typically get my news from the internet thing or through conversation with others. Then, I evaluate the validity of any breaking stories based simply on reports of the amount of stubble on Mr. Mr. Flopnuts' marble bag.

FAX

Sounds like a proven process, although my evaluation process differs, somewhat, from yours.

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 04:17 AM

This. Though I was hoping that the bong might be hitting him. Brutally.

beer bacon
02-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day because he has a constant case of the munchies. He only started swimming to burn off some pot inspired fat.

kysirsoze
02-01-2009, 05:04 AM
[One party-goer who witnessed the star’s behaviour told the News of the World: “He was out of control from the moment he got there.

“If he continues to party like that I’d be amazed if he ever won any more medals again.”

“He didn’t know many people so you’d think he’d be a little shy. But he was loud, obnoxious and slamming beers from the get-go.

“Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy. He couldn’t get enough of all the attention.” ]

Kinda like the douchebag getting off on giving an "exclusive" to some tabloid hacks.

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 05:12 AM

One of the Greatest Rock Records EVAH!!!!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/94/73/8a96828fd7a0af7c8e164110.L.jpg

http://www.vinylrecords.ch/Q/Queen/News/IMG_2432.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlFZ2w0RV-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlFZ2w0RV-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Well, apparently this is true. Just heard on the local news radio station (obviously no link) that Phelps acknowledged it and publicly apologized.

My thoughts? This kid has done nothing but train, train and train some more his whole life. If he wants a fucking joint now, more power to him.

And I'd like to kick the shit out of whoever took and sold that picture. What a lowlife weasel scumbag.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 02:05 PM
we shouldn't care

JASONSAUTO
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
nice roor

exactly what i was thinking:D REP

blueballs
02-01-2009, 02:09 PM
THis is scary stuff
if for some unknown reason you were thrown in the spotlight
what could they dig up on you for all the world to judge

mlyonsd
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day because he has a constant case of the munchies. He only started swimming to burn off some pot inspired fat.ROFL

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
THis is scary stuff

The shit we type on here would be enough to sink most of us.

Bowser
02-01-2009, 02:13 PM
THis is scary stuff

It's been discovered that new 345 million dollar Powerball winner Bowser is a sci/fi nerd, likes to post videos from Youtube, is addicted to and sucks at blackjack, and is in a weight loss competition with an online community. More tonight at 10.

bowener
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
holy shit i was wrong.

DeezNutz
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
And I'd like to kick the shit out of whoever took and sold that picture. What a lowlife weasel scumbag.

I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it, but Phelps was hogging my stash.

My friends and I are staunch proponents of the puff-puff-give philosophy. No exceptions, even with different methods.

Otter
02-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Dude, I was just going to post the same thing after seeing it on the news.

One of my very close friends got married last year and we all went to Atlantic City, stayed overnight and got a penthouse at the Borgata. The wife to be's brother in law wound up coming along and kept taking pictures with his cell phone.

Not a big deal till around 1am rolls around we're done gambling and head back to the room for the grand finale. What does this stupid mother ****er do about an hour later but breaks out his $500 cell phone and start taking pictures.

Chris one of the guys there in the 'known each other for 20+ years club' takes the phone, makes him find and delete all the pics and says "one more time I'm going to shove it up your ass". This guy is easily 6' 3" 310.

Two shots of tequila and a bong hit later ****er breaks his phone again and starts taking pictures. Sim card gets ripped out, phone smashed into dust with an empty Jamison bottle and they had that ****er hanging from the fire escape stairs by his feet. If they would have dropped him no way he would have lived. None.

He ran out and we didn't see him till the wedding which he promptly left after ceremonies.

See, this is the kind of support group you need in life.

kysirsoze
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
It's been discovered that new 345 million dollar Powerball winner Bowser is a sci/fi nerd, likes to post videos from Youtube, is addicted to and sucks at blackjack, and is in a weight loss competition with an online community. More tonight at 10.

ROFL

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D962VHO00&show_article=1&catnum=0

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;" valign="top" width="99%">Phelps acknowledges photo using pot pipe</td> <td align="right" valign="top">http://img.breitbart.com/images/ap.gif (http://www.breitbart.com/partner.php?source=ap)</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- headline end -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">http://img.breitbart.com/images/common/dot.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="99%">Feb 1 02:28 PM US/Eastern
By PAUL NEWBERRY
AP National Writer</td></tr></tbody></table>
Olympic great Michael Phelps (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=Michael+Phelps&sid=breitbart.com) acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo in a British newspaper Sunday showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

In a statement released to The Associated Press, the swimmer who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games did not dispute the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World.

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment," Phelps said. "I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

News of the World said the picture was taken during a November house party while Phelps was visiting the University of South Carolina. (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=South+Carolina&sid=breitbart.com) During that trip, he attended one of the school's football games and received a big ovation when he was introduced to the crowd.

While the newspaper did not specifically allege that Phelps was smoking pot, it did say the pipe is generally used for that purpose and anonymously quoted a partygoer who said the Olympic champion was "out of control from the moment he got there."

The party occurred nearly three months after the Olympics, while Phelps was taking a long break from training, and apparently would have no impact on the eight golds he won at Beijing. He has never tested positive for banned substances and even agreed to extra testing before the games.

Phelps was in Tampa, Fla., during Super Bowl week to make promotional appearances on behalf of a sponsor. But he left the city before Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=Pittsburgh+Steelers&sid=breitbart.com) and Arizona Cardinals, abandoning his original plan to be at Raymond James Stadium.
Phelps returned to the pool a couple of weeks ago to begin preparations for this summer's world championships in Rome. He plans to take part in his first post-Olympics meet in early March, a Grand Prix event in Austin, Texas.

This isn't the first embarrassing episode for Phelps after an Olympic triumph. In 2004, a few months after winning six gold and two bronze medals in Athens, the swimmer was arrested on a drunken driving charge at age 19. He pleaded guilty and apologized for the mistake.

In his book "No Limits: The Will to Succeed," Phelps recounted how his first phone call was to his agent, and not his mother or coach Bob Bowman, because he knew they would yell at him.

Later, he called Bowman, who was supportive but told him, "Michael, just because you want to blow off some steam doesn't mean you can be an idiot."

Debbie Phelps, his mother, cried at the news.

"That hurt worse, maybe, than anything," Phelps wrote. "I had never seen my mother that upset."

Bowman did not immediately respond to phone and e-mail messages Sunday.

Olympic teammate Dara Torres said Phelps has become such a prominent figure that everything he does is news.
However, she said: "This in no way shape or form diminishes anything he's done."

"It's sort of a double-edged sword," Torres told the AP on Sunday. "When you're recognizable, you're looked up to as a role model. He is recognizable and everything you do gets looked at and picked apart. I guess that's the price of winning 14 Olympic medals."

Jason Lezak, whose remarkable anchor leg of the 400-meter freestyle relay helped Phelps stay on course to break Mark Spitz's record in Beijing, said he was "saddened" to hear of the report.

"While I don't condone his conduct, I am a teammate and fan," Lezak said in a text message to the AP on Saturday night. "Unlike many fair-weather people, I am sticking by him. If my wife and I can help him in any way, we will. I believe he will grow from this and be better person, role model and teammate."

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Dude, I was just going to post the same thing after seeing it on the news.

One of my very close friends got married last year and we all went to Atlantic City, stayed overnight and got a penthouse at the Borgata. The wife to be's brother in law wound up coming along and kept taking pictures with his cell phone.

Not a big deal till around 1am rolls around we're done gambling and head back to the room for the grand finale. What does this stupid mother ****er do about an hour later but breaks out his $500 cell phone and start taking pictures.

Chris one of the guys there in the 'known each other for 20+ years club' takes the phone, makes him find and delete all the pics and says "one more time I'm going to shove it up your ass". This guy is easily 6' 3" 310.

Two shots of tequila and a bong hit later ****er breaks his phone again and starts taking pictures. Sim card gets ripped out, phone smashed into dust with an empty Jamison bottle and they had that ****er hanging from the fire escape stairs by his feet. If they would have dropped him no way he would have lived. None.

He ran out and we didn't see him till the wedding which he promptly left after ceremonies.

See, this is the kind of support group you need in life.

Exactly. :thumb:

chiefs99
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
what an idot, lost all respect

Short Leash Hootie
02-01-2009, 02:31 PM
That's not Michael Phelps.

good call

Scorp
02-01-2009, 02:32 PM

LOL get the f*ck out of here.

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:32 PM

That's "idiot," you idiot.

jAZ
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM
good call

Heh... no kidding.

I still don't think that photo looks like him. But obviously I'm wrong. I don't blame him for doing it, but it's too bad he got caught.

Otter
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Most people who say this never smoked pot. I respect your point of view but pot is far less destructive to both society and the individual than alcohol. They don't even come close in the damage they cause to the aforementioned parties outside of cost of enforcement.

But I'm not here to argue today. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.

QuikSsurfer
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I had a RooR back in college and it blew heads. Huge bubble base, twin chamber and an ice catcher... I loved watching the tough shitheads try and pull heavy hits, milk shots, through that baby. They'd immediately start coughing/choking with their hands covering their mouth, drool and saliva bleeding out between their fingers, teary eyed and chests burning.

I miss college.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 02:41 PM

He's a fucking swimmer
not a Senator or President
don't flip the kids card

Johnny Vegas
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM

If he went scorched earth on the whole thing and then it came out that he really was having a safety meeting in that photo then I would have lost respect. At least he isn't a lazy pothead. He works hard then tokes later. :D

the Talking Can
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I had a RooR back in college and it blew heads. Huge bubble base, twin chamber and an ice catcher... I loved watching the tough shitheads try and pull heavy hits, milk shots, through that baby. They'd immediately start coughing/choking with their hands covering their mouth, drool and saliva bleeding out between their fingers, teary eyed and chests burning.

I miss college.

i miss bongs....we used to have our own "Olympics" with a 4ft graphix....

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Most people who say this never smoked pot. I respect your point of view but pot is far less destructive to both society and the individual than alcohol. They don't even come close in the damage they cause to the aforementioned parties outside of cost of enforcement.

But I'm not here to argue today. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.

I wish they'd just move the NFL to Holland. Then I'd have no reason whatsoever to stay in the United States with it's puritanical double standards.

Too much Freedom is just about enough.

KCChiefsMan
02-01-2009, 03:07 PM

I'm about to smoke some weed myself.

Darth CarlSatan
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm about to smoke some weed myself.

Good Man.:thumb:

eazyb81
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM

I miss college.

Roors are very nice.

I had a Zong in college that put people on their ass. Nicknamed it 'The Shotgun.'

I miss it.

stevieray
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
he's in training for the 420 relay?

warrior
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Good for him.

He can take all the bong rips he wants after winning 8 golds.

This :rolleyes:

dj56dt58
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, apparently this is true. Just heard on the local news radio station (obviously no link) that Phelps acknowledged it and publicly apologized.

My thoughts? This kid has done nothing but train, train and train some more his whole life. If he wants a ****ing joint now, more power to him.

I would do it for the right price, and so would you, whether it be $50.00 or 1 million.

Otter
02-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I would do it for the right price, and so would you, whether it be $50.00 or 1 million.

No, no I wouldn't and I don't think Frazod would either. I'm going to the grave not being a scumbag. Don't put me in with your kind please.

dj56dt58
02-02-2009, 05:15 AM
No, no I wouldn't and I don't think Frazod would either. I'm going to the grave not being a scumbag. Don't put me in with your kind please.

your a fucking liar...you wouldn't sell that for a million dollars? Everybody here knows your fucking lying so shut the fuck up

dj56dt58
02-02-2009, 05:17 AM
yeah edit your post bitch

Herzig
02-02-2009, 06:51 AM
NORML should recruit him to be their spokesman.

PhillyChiefFan
02-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Who cares, the guy won 8 gold medals...8.

Let the kid toke if he wants.

aturnis
02-02-2009, 07:03 AM

You, are an idiot.

aturnis
02-02-2009, 07:11 AM
your a ****ing liar...you wouldn't sell that for a million dollars? Everybody here knows your ****ing lying so shut the **** up

First of all, you are NOT getting 1 Million dollars for one picture. Second you probably aren't getting 100,000 for a picture. I, personally, would not. As Otter said, I'm no scumbag. You're a huge doucher.

Short Leash Hootie
02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
I'd sell a picture for $100K...guess that makes me a scumbag =)

MahiMike
02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
This is what happens when you take away someone's childhood. He never got a chance to enjoy the things his classmates did. Problem is he now lives in the narc society of our times.

Mr. Laz
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
the person that took the picture should be kicked in the face

Mr. Laz
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
like there was ever any doubt

Frazod
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM

If you're looking for an argument, pick another topic.

Mr. Laz
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
i never would of taken the picture in the first place so i wouldn't of been tempted to sell it.

Frazod
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM

It would never have occurred to me to do it. I'm not a fucking scumbag.

Katipan
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I would have taken the photo but photoshopped some large penis or lollipop in place of the bong.

MOhillbilly
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
i never would of taken the picture in the first place so i wouldn't of been tempted to sell it.

second the camera/phone came out someone would get a smack. just sayin.
you put yourself in those kinda positions ya pay ta play.

Agent V
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM

Better go back and look at every famous person caught smoking an illegal substance and lose respect for them too. May take an entire afternoon, though.

Short Leash Hootie
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
like there was ever any doubt

Meh.

Not too worried about the perception some have of me on this site...Phelps is a big name Olympic Hero...he should have known better. Smoke all the weed you want, but you better god damn expect someone to snap that photo at a gigantic, college house party...Every 19-25 year old girl carries around her digital camera these days...it's annoying as shit. Shit, half of the dudes I see carry a camera as well...

If someone said to me...take a picture of that dude hitting that bong and I'll give you $100K, shit, even $1,000...I'd do it no problem. I'm a big proponent of laziness...I've wanted to stumble over a large amount of money for years so I could lay around all day and play video games...but I don't see that happening...

Cheater5
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
BFD. Who cares what this dude does? Is he some role model? He can swim fast, and he stands to lose millions upon millions of dollars in endorsements. Meh. Much to do about nada.

Brock
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
He probably has premarital sex too. SHOCKING

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM

Probably doesn't wipe his shoes off when he walks into someones house, too.

Agent V
02-02-2009, 10:03 AM

How are our children supposed to look up to him now!!!????

Katipan
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
How are our children supposed to look up to him now!!!????

No kidding. Who hits a bong holding it like that anyways??

Otter
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah edit your post bitch

We really need some kind of screening process.

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM

ROFL

Jilly
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure he's on something stronger in order to be that damn crazy

dj56dt58
02-02-2009, 11:25 PM

they would to, their full of fucking shit saying otherwise. douchebags

dj56dt58
02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
It would never have occurred to me to do it. I'm not a ****ing scumbag.

if you had that picture and was offered 100,000 for it, you would fucking do it

Frazod
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
if you had that picture and was offered 100,000 for it, you would fucking do it

What part of "it never would have occurred to me to do it" don't you get? The whole getting-high-with-Michael-Phelps thing would have been cool enough for me. I would not have been inclined to take a picture of him unless he said "take my picture," which he clearly didn't in this instance. My mind doesn't work that way - I would have no desire to piss all over an olympic gold medal winner whose achievements are one of the few things about America that didn't suck last year. If you are that kind of person, that's your fucking problem. Sounds like your integrity doesn't carry much value anyway, so you might as well sell it for whatever you can get.

KCChiefsMan
02-02-2009, 11:44 PM
the media is still trying to make weed out to be like crystal meth. It is absolutely absurd that it is illegal.

Frazod
02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
the media is still trying to make weed out to be like crystal meth. It is absolutely absurd that it is illegal.

Half of the motherfuckers who are screaming about it probably get high on something worse.

KCChiefsMan
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Half of the mother****ers who are screaming about it probably get high on something worse.

ya, like Alcohol

Fruit Ninja
02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I actually think better of him now. I know he's a regular person. Everyone does this kind of stuff or has sometime or another in their lifetime.

To me, its not a big deal at all. If iw as to ever see him, i would pat him on the back n say way to go. lol

dj56dt58
02-03-2009, 02:13 AM
What part of "it never would have occurred to me to do it" don't you get? The whole getting-high-with-Michael-Phelps thing would have been cool enough for me. I would not have been inclined to take a picture of him unless he said "take my picture," which he clearly didn't in this instance. My mind doesn't work that way - I would have no desire to piss all over an olympic gold medal winner whose achievements are one of the few things about America that didn't suck last year. If you are that kind of person, that's your ****ing problem. Sounds like your integrity doesn't carry much value anyway, so you might as well sell it for whatever you can get.

tell me that if you had a picture of something like that, whether it be Phelps or somebody else, and you were offered $100,000 for it, you wouldn't sell it. Whether the though occured to you or not, whether you took it or a friend took it and gave it to you, you have the picture, you wouldn't sell it for $100,000? Bullshit

KCChiefsMan
02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
tell me that if you had a picture of something like that, whether it be Phelps or somebody else, and you were offered $100,000 for it, you wouldn't sell it. Whether the though occured to you or not, whether you took it or a friend took it and gave it to you, you have the picture, you wouldn't sell it for $100,000? Bullshit

if a good friend of mine or a friend of a good friend of mine was in that same situation. No, I would not take the pic. But I might if I didn't know him

J Diddy
02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
I heard the funniest thing on the radio today. It was talking about phelps potential to lose millions on endorsements, save one. The rosetta stone learning the pothead language. It aired a commercial featuring a parody of phelps discovering such great terminology as "babysitting"and "permagrin"

Otter
02-03-2009, 02:51 AM

Why do you have a problem believing everyone isn't a shallow douche bag like you? Did your daddy treat you wrong? If you would sell someone out for doing a bong hit go suck on a gun barrel and do me a favor.

You are a dirt bag.

I'm way too hung over to argue with you much further but that kinda sums it up. If you need help buying a gun I'll donate.

Saggysack
02-03-2009, 03:44 AM
ROFL @ some of ya

Taking $100,000 for a picture isn't being a scumbag. At the least, it's being smart to a good start for a positive financial future. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have a responsibilty to keep my family financially happy. My honor and integrity is to them, not Michael Phelps. Funny as hell to think some of ya bumpkins are going to have some sentimental value over watching Michael Phelps if he was taking a hit off a bong in your presense because you were at some party he showed up at. ROFL ROFL

Otter
02-03-2009, 04:23 AM
ROFL @ some of ya

Taking $100,000 for a picture isn't being a scumbag. At the least, it's being smart to a good start for a positive financial future. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have a responsibilty to keep my family financially happy. My honor and integrity is to them, not Michael Phelps. Funny as hell to think some of ya bumpkins are going to have some sentimental value over watching Michael Phelps if he was taking a hit off a bong in your presense because you were at some party he showed up at. ROFL ROFL

Just out of curiosity saggysack, do you have many people in your life that you trust? As in "here's the keys to my house, lock the place up before you leave".

I'm consider myself pretty lucky in that aspect and one of the reasons is because I don't do this kind of thing to people. There is a reason people trust me and doing things like selling a picture of Phleps doing a bong hit at a party is taboo.

Karma is a bitch brother.

I've done stuff wish I could take back, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

If you think the guy who sold that picture is sitting pretty on top of a lump of cash I'd would be willing to bet you otherwise. That person probably isolated himself by everyone who knows who he/she is and they won't have him their lives anymore.

Just something to think about.

It's probably a stupid reason to be arguing but it's a microcosm of the "why". Lead your life as you see fit, I'm just trying to give you insight.

Saggysack
02-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Just out of curiosity saggysack, do you have many people in your life that you trust? As in "here's the keys to my house, lock the place up before you leave".

I'm consider myself pretty lucky in that aspect and one of the reasons is because I don't do this kind of thing to people. There is a reason people trust me and doing things like selling a picture of Phleps doing a bong hit at a party is taboo.

I've done stuff wish I could take back, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

If you think the guy who sold that picture is sitting pretty on top of a lump of cash I'd would be willing to bet you otherwise. That person probably isolated himself by everyone who knows who he/she is and they won't have him their lives anymore.

It's probably a stupid reason to be arguing but it's a microcosm of the "why". Lead your life as you see fit, I'm just trying to give you insight.

You could of just said that you scream like a teenage girl that just got touched on the hand by Donnie from the New Kids on the Block and it would have been much more simple. No, I have no allegiance to someone like Michael Phelps. He doesn't for me, why the hell should I for him? Karma? ROFL I don't believe in superstitions.

I'd sell the picture for $5 if it came right down to it. Is that a loss of honor and integrity for someone who could give a damn whether my kids eat or starve? Absolutely not. Better pull yourself out of this man-code BS like it's some kind of charity event. Its eat or be eaten. Or maybe in this case, sink or swim. I'm swimming away with my $5.

Otter
02-03-2009, 05:07 AM
You could of just said that you scream like a teenage girl that just got touched on the hand by Donnie from the New Kids on the Block and it would have been much more simple. No, I have no allegiance to someone like Michael Phelps. He doesn't for me, why the hell should I for him? Karma? ROFL I don't believe in superstitions.

I'd sell the picture for $5 if it came right down to it. Is that a loss of honor and integrity for someone who could give a damn whether my kids eat or starve? Absolutely not. Better pull yourself out of this man-code BS like it's some kind of charity event. Its eat or be eaten. Or maybe in this case, sink or swim. I'm swimming away with my $5.

Good luck

Saggysack
02-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Good luck

Thank You!

May your kindness win you the lottery someday!

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 05:37 AM
The fact of the matter is.... we live in a society where this is OK!!!

We're on our third president in a row that we know for a fact he has used drugs.
And I don't know about George Sr. but you can't tell me Ronny didn't burn a few down in his day. He hung out with Dean Martin for Chrissakes!

The guy apologized to his sponsers and all of the kids that never would have known about it if the media didn't plaster it all over the TV for the last few days. That should be that. Moving on...

Bob Dole
02-03-2009, 05:50 AM

People with webbed hands?

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 05:54 AM

Left Handed people?

Katipan
02-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Left Handed people?

You could have 4 hands and you still don't hold it by the shaft! He's having someone light it for him. Or he's hitting it sideways and I just can't see the lighter.

Either way, I knew he was a pussy.

Cheater5
02-03-2009, 07:34 AM
The fact of the matter is.... we live in a society where this is OK!!!

We're on our third president in a row that we know for a fact he has used drugs.
And I don't know about George Sr. but you can't tell me Ronny didn't burn a few down in his day. He hung out with Dean Martin for Chrissakes!

The guy apologized to his sponsers and all of the kids that never would have known about it if the media didn't plaster it all over the TV for the last few days. That should be that. Moving on...

...Uh, no. Not a fact. Otherwise there wouldn't be 9 pages dedicated to this drivel. And we wouldn't require drug testing for all sorts of professions. I have stated before that this is not a BFD, and I could care less what a fast-swimming 23 year old kid does on his own time.

And Dean Martin's persona of the alcoholic partier was an act.

Molitoth
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Nice post.

This thread has brought out some of America's scum, thats for sure.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Nice post.

This thread has brought out some of America's scum, thats for sure.

Not surprised by any of those who have chimed in, either. :shake:

Of course, put them in Phelps' shoes, and they'd be squealing like stuck pigs.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Whoever is judging this guy for hitting a bong should stfu.(the dude is what 23?)BFD.

Whoever sold that pic is a piece of shit.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, now the local sheriff is making noise about charging him, since he has "a partial confession."

http://www.thestate.com/154/story/672148.html

Lovely. :shake:

I guess this will make Microsack and his nasty little friends happy, since, well, Michael Phelps never fed their kids.

CoMoChief
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Who cares, its weed. Probably legal over there where ever he was at anyways.

stumppy
02-03-2009, 10:45 AM

Nice post. I'm the same way. The people I know know they can trust me.

sedated
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I heard these words (or something very similar) on the radio this morning:

"One of the companies Phelps represents is Subway. Today people might say 'I'm not going to Subway for lunch because of this.'"

Katipan
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM

"One of the companies Phelps represents is Subway. Today people might say 'I'm not going to Subway for lunch because of this.'"

What idiots.

Thats ok. They'll be bombarded by pot heads with the munchies.

Fish
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM

For some people, respect and honor is still more valuable than money. You say you have no allegiance to someone like Michael Phelps, but you go on to say you'd sell a pic for $5 if it came down to it. That shows exactly where your allegiance lies. Your allegiance is to money, and doing anything to acquire it. There are several terms for that type of allegiance...

This isn't about survival or eat or be eaten and you know it. It's about your acknowledging that you'd do anything for money regardless of anyone's moral stance. You stick with your greed. I'm sure it will get you far in life.

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
...Uh, no. Not a fact. Otherwise there wouldn't be 9 pages dedicated to this drivel. And we wouldn't require drug testing for all sorts of professions. I have stated before that this is not a BFD, and I could care less what a fast-swimming 23 year old kid does on his own time.

Well the Dean Martin thing was a joke. :)

And as far as drug testing, people don't want you currently on drugs while working, true. But this country is so closeted about its drug use it's ridiculous. Most people I know, older folks included, has at least tried weed or some other illegal drug. (And that's just who would admit to it.) If we found out Phelps was a junky that would be one thing, but all this photo proves is he has handled marijuana paraphenalia.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, now the local sheriff is making noise about charging him, since he has "a partial confession."

http://www.thestate.com/154/story/672148.html

Lovely. :shake:

I guess this will make Microsack and his nasty little friends happy, since, well, Michael Phelps never fed their kids.
gonna be dam near impossible to prosecute him

1. he won't testify against himself

2. the people at the party are in England and it happened like 6 years ago

3. a picture doesn't prove anything

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
gonna be dam near impossible to prosecute him

1. he won't testify against himself

2. the people at the party are in England and it happened like 6 years ago

3. a picture doesn't prove anything

Yep. The Sheriff's just another attention seeking asshole.

KCCHIEFS27
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
This is great..the hypocrisy that takes place in this Nation is sickening. But Speedo and some watch company are already on record saying they will stand behind him through this. Plus, the IOC has already said they don't care. One of my friends said it was natural reaction to be attracted to something with water in it, but I countered with, I think he was attracted to it because it had a lot of pot in it.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM

He may not have been a "partier", but the man damn sure loved his drink regardless.

I wanna' know who said this, so I can punch them right in their stupid fucking mouth.

Saggysack
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
For some people, respect and honor is still more valuable than money. You say you have no allegiance to someone like Michael Phelps, but you go on to say you'd sell a pic for $5 if it came down to it. That shows exactly where your allegiance lies. Your allegiance is to money, and doing anything to acquire it. There are several terms for that type of allegiance...

This isn't about survival or eat or be eaten and you know it. It's about your acknowledging that you'd do anything for money regardless of anyone's moral stance. You stick with your greed. I'm sure it will get you far in life.

I have respect, honor and allegiance to my wife and kids. Not Michael Phelps. There nothing illegal about selling a picture like this. It isn't about money grubbing.

Do you really think Michael Phelps is going to suffer any for this? I think you are naive if you do. He was making millions before the Olympics. He makes even more now. I'll bet he makes money off this so-called scandel. More than the seller by a longshot. Bad publicity is not always bad. So really who is the winner here? I'd say Michael Phelps. At the very least it's put his name out there again. Staying relevant is a plus.

sedated
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I wanna' know who said this, so I can punch them right in their stupid ****ing mouth.

whoever hosts the morning show on 610.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
whoever hosts the morning show on 610.

Figures.

Demonpenz
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
What idiots.

Thats ok. They'll be bombarded by pot heads with the munchies.

heh. Subway takes to fucking long for potheads

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
heh. Subway takes to fucking long for potheads

Especially that one in Westport.

Craqhead
02-03-2009, 06:23 PM

I actually know some peeps that used too sell thru a Subway. Just ask for your lettuce on the side. They did get busted bye the cops tho.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I actually know some peeps that used too sell thru a Subway. Just ask for your lettuce on the side. They did get busted bye the cops tho.

ROFL

sedated
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

yup, McDonalds in high school. "Side of lettuce"

Although if we ran the same deal today, it'd be a side of nuggets.

Otter
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
He got $5000 for that picture. Hope that holds him over for life Would you trust him?

cdcox
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I think this situation is a lot like the current financial situation that we are in.

CEO's of America's financial companies have destroyed trillions of $ of wealth in order to line their pockets with millions. America would be far better off it those CEOs had robbed each of us personally at gun point than pull the crap that they did.

Who ever sold that picture destroyed (potentially) millions of $ of Michael Phelps wealth in order to line their pockets with a few thousand bucks. Phelps would have been better off if the guy would have robbed him at gun point and got out with $50K.

That is about all you need to know about the morality of both situations. If I have to intentionally and directly screw someone over to make a buck, it just isn't worth it to me. There are plenty of other ways for me to earn a living.

Fish
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I have respect, honor and allegiance to my wife and kids. Not Michael Phelps. There nothing illegal about selling a picture like this. It isn't about money grubbing.

Do you really think Michael Phelps is going to suffer any for this? I think you are naive if you do. He was making millions before the Olympics. He makes even more now. I'll bet he makes money off this so-called scandel. More than the seller by a longshot. Bad publicity is not always bad. So really who is the winner here? I'd say Michael Phelps. At the very least it's put his name out there again. Staying relevant is a plus.

Respect and honor are qualities. Not something you choose to use for specific situations or people.

It doesn't matter if Phelps could afford it or not. What matters is you would choose to take advantage of someone else if it meant some money in your pocket. And the fact that you justify it so easily is telling.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
He got $5000 for that picture. Hope that holds him over for life Would you trust him?

Just as far as I could throw him off a roof.

Otter
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsqjM9AEqlU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsqjM9AEqlU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsqjM9AEqlU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

ROFL REP!

PunkinDrublic
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
You people who would take a picture of Michael Phelps hitting the bong and selling it to the highest bidding newspaper are amateur scumbags............

Everybody knows you send a copy of the photo to Phelps through the mail with a note reminding him how much money he stands to lose in endorsements should the photo be released to the media. You then try get an estimate from Phelps as to how much in $$$$ his public reputation is to him.

googlegoogle
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
cameras!

Delano
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
<object width="480" height="295">ROFL

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iX-2tRcu1Lk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>

Darth CarlSatan
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
OMG! There's someone actually FUNNY on SNL!