PDA

View Full Version : Football Warner picks up dinner tab for 20 Steelers fans

wazu
02-01-2009, 09:18 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28951831/

Warner picks up dinner tab for 20 Steelers fans
Cardinals QB continues tradition, even during Super Bowl week

TAMPA, Fla. - Warner and wife, Brenda, have a family tradition of picking up the check for another table whenever they eat out. The Arizona quarterback didn’t let team allegiances get in the way.

While dining Friday night at The Cheesecake Factory in Tampa, the Warners selected a group of 20 Pittsburgh Steelers fans and paid for their meal. Warner’s Arizona Cardinals play the Steelers for the Super Bowl title on Sunday.

“We started doing that when we were in St. Louis and the manager would always give us our meal for free whenever we ate out,” Brenda Warner said earlier Friday. “I had been a single mother living on food stamps at one time who couldn’t ever afford to eat out, and I never understood why people give free meals to people who can afford them.”

The Warners started a tradition of allowing their seven children to pick one family in the restaurant, and they try to quietly pay that table’s tab before slipping out the door.

“It’s gotten to be part of a game with the kids,” Brenda Warner said. “They’ll say ‘Oh, that family has a lot of kids, dinner must be expensive.’ Or ‘They look old, maybe it’s hard for them to afford eating out a lot.’ We try to be discreet about it, because we don’t want people trying to get picked.”

For anyone curious, Warner had the Old Fashioned Burger (with bacon) and a lemonade, while Brenda Warner had the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp.

JuicesFlowing
02-01-2009, 09:20 AM
That's interesting.

Johnny Vegas
02-01-2009, 09:21 AM
good for them.

Short Leash Hootie
02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I like Kurt Warner a lot.

I don't like Brenda Warner at all.

That's it.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
You found them and feed them
don't forget the follow through

Deberg_1990
02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Great story. Kurt Warner has to be one of the best stories in the NFL in the past 25 years or so.

Demonpenz
02-01-2009, 09:24 AM
i am surprised fitz didn't come in and play for it all, saving warners ass one more time

wazu
02-01-2009, 09:26 AM

That's it.

I've never understood the Brenda Warner haters. I know she isn't hot, and T.V. cameras used to focus on her way too much during the St. Louis glory days, but she seems to me to be a pretty terrific human being.

rockymtnchief
02-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Good story.

Short Leash Hootie
02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
I've never understood the Brenda Warner haters. I know she isn't hot, and T.V. cameras used to focus on her way too much during the St. Louis glory days, but she seems to me to be a pretty terrific human being.
Probably true.

Sometimes I just hate certain people and don't really have a reason for it...

Short Leash Hootie
02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
like Tom Brady, Derek Jeter and Tim Tebow.

eazyb81
02-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Cool story.

I'll be pulling for Warner and the Cards today anyways, but I'm even happier with my choice now.

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I will be pulling for Warner today (forgeting my AFL/AFC ties for a day) Sadly I think he and his team will provide free food, booze,spending money ect for the people who bet on the Steelers.

StcChief
02-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Kurt is quite the role model. NFL players could learn alot by his example.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 09:41 AM
more money for the strippers

ChiTown
02-01-2009, 09:43 AM
The Warner's and good people. Brenda is a whacko and annoying , but good people nonetheless. Good story

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM

I have never understood the hate she gets. I guess in many peoples mind if you are married to a NFL player you better be hot.

Red Brooklyn
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Probably true.

What's funny is I used to feel this way about Kurt Warner. Hated. No idea why. He's a great player. Seems to be a great father, husband, and human being. He's tough. No real reason to hate him other than I just wanted to.

Gotta tell ya, he's growing on me. And this story hasn't hurt. I might even actually cheer for the Cards today... we'll see... :D

stevieray
02-01-2009, 09:46 AM

Bravo!

As a parent, it's great to have them to show to my kids and say..hey, check this out...

blueballs
02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
If memory serves
she called in on radio stations in St Louis
don't recall what she said -fans not amused

Baconeater
02-01-2009, 09:49 AM
What a great story, I would've loved to see the reaction of those Steeler fans when they heard the Warners paid for their meals.

Baconeater
02-01-2009, 09:50 AM
If memory serves
she called in on radio stations in St Louis
don't recall what she said -fans not amused
IIRC, it had something to do with her wanting Kurt to be the starter.

Skip Towne
02-01-2009, 09:54 AM
A lot of people didn't like Brenda in St. Louis. She has a big mouth and would interfere with the team. She would call up sportswriters and chew them out for saying negatives about Warner. Plus she looks like a dyke.

Baconeater
02-01-2009, 10:01 AM
A lot of people didn't like Brenda in St. Louis. She has a big mouth and would interfere with the team. She would call up sportswriters and chew them out for saying negatives about Warner. Plus she looks like a dyke.

Not anymore, someone posted a pic a while back, she actually has long hair now.

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Another great University of Northern Iowa grad.

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:04 AM
“We started doing that when we were in St. Louis and the manager would always give us our meal for free whenever we ate out,” Brenda Warner said earlier Friday. “I had been a single mother living on food stamps at one time who couldn’t ever afford to eat out, and I never understood why people give free meals to people who can afford them.”

I'm sorry, aren't she and Kurt doing exactly the same thing?

These people they are picking up the tabs for are people out planning to spend the money for their meal.

You want to be altruistic, go to the welfare office or the unemployment office and pick out a couple of people and take them to dinner.

This is just fucking stupid.

wazu
02-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry, aren't she and Kurt doing exactly the same thing?

These people they are picking up the tabs for are people out planning to spend the money for their meal.

You want to be altruistic, go to the welfare office or the unemployment office and pick out a couple of people and take them to dinner.

This is just fucking stupid.

No kidding, what assholes. They probably overtip their waiters/waitresses, too. Don't they know that waiters and waitresses already have jobs that provide them with money? Idiots.

Dave Lane
02-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Jesus picked out the table. It was all jesus Kurt had nothing to do with .

Mr. Laz
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
life is good when you're a millionaire

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:14 AM
No kidding, what assholes. They probably overtip their waiters/waitresses, too. Don't they know that waiters and waitresses already have jobs that provide them with money? Idiots.

I'm not saying that they didn't do a nice thing, and that they are bad people, but JFC, don't try to make it out to be some humanitarian thing that they picked up the tab for people who apparently weren't too poor to eat out.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not saying that they didn't do a nice thing, and that they are bad people, but JFC, don't try to make it out to be some humanitarian thing that they picked up the tab for people who apparently weren't too poor to eat out.
did the Warners try to make it out as something humanitarian or did the writer?

RedNeckRaider
02-01-2009, 10:16 AM

I see where he is coming from. It is a nice gesture but nothing more. From what I have read about these people they most likely do greater acts that do not make the news. The NFL could use more of these type of people IMO

kstater
02-01-2009, 10:17 AM

There just happened to be a reporter there when they picked up the check?

It's a good thing to do though.

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:17 AM

I quoted Brenda Warner's qoute.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I quoted Brenda Warner's qoute.
i know ..... but being a little harsh, aren't ya?

the warners eat where they want to eat and instead of eating for free they pass the free dinner along to someone who needs it more.

just because the family isn't homeless doesn't mean they can't use a few extra bucks.

it's super bowl week and Kurt Warner is being stalked by a thousand reporters ...... the reporters asked and the Warners shared. :shrug:

The Bad Guy
02-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Kurt Warner is the freaking man.

I know people would have a heart attack about him coming here, but I would embrace him for a year or 2 while he grooms Sanchez.

There is no better person in the NFL than Kurt Warner.

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:27 AM
i know ..... but being a little harsh, aren't ya?

the warners eat where they want to eat and instead of eating for free they pass the free dinner along to someone who needs it more.

just because the family isn't homeless doesn't mean they can't use a few extra bucks.

it's super bowl week and Kurt Warner is being stalked by a thousand reporters ...... the reporters asked and the Warners shared. :shrug:

All I'm saying is that she makes it appear that she is sharing with people who can't afford to eat out because she was unable to afford to eat out at one time in her life.

The fact is, most of us could stand to have a few extra bucks, and it is a nice gesture, but don't present as anything else.

She presents it as more than it is, and that is what I think is ****ing stupid.

Saul Good
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Not every act of goodwill towards another human being has to be charity. If I hold the door for someone to walk through, it doesn't make me an ass because I didn't seek out someone in a wheelchair. Of course, If I did, someone like you would chastize me for not seeking out someone who couldn't afford a wheelchair.

Where's your Nobel Peace Prize?

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Kurt Warner is the freaking man.

I know people would have a heart attack about him coming here, but I would embrace him for a year or 2 while he grooms Sanchez.

There is no better person in the NFL than Kurt Warner.

Personally, I can't stand Kurt Warner, and this unhealthy desire to kick him in the nads, but I would still endorse the idea of bringing here to groom Sanchez.

Saul Good
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
All I'm saying is that she makes it appear that she is sharing with people who can't afford to eat out because she was unable to afford to eat out at one time in her life.

The fact is, most of us could stand to have a few extra bucks, and it is a nice gesture, but don't present as anything else.

Or maybe she's trying to set a good example for her children who might not be as nuanced when it comes to judging acts of kindness as you.

What do you do with your life that is so benevolent that you are able to cast stones at the good deeds of others?

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Not every act of goodwill towards another human being has to be charity. If I hold the door for someone to walk through, it doesn't make me an ass because I didn't seek out someone in a wheelchair. Of course, If I did, someone like you would chastize me for not seeking out someone who couldn't afford a wheelchair.

Where's your Nobel Peace Prize?

God dammit.
This isn't about what they did.

I think it was, and is very nice of them.

But If hold the door for someone to walk through, I'm not going to say I did it because he/she couldn't do it himself.

That is exactly what Brenda Warner did.

Pay the fuck attention.

Reaper16
02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
This is a charming story, except for the intolerable fact that everyone in involved in this story was eating at The Cheesecake Factory.

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Or maybe she's trying to set a good example for her children who might not be as nuanced when it comes to judging acts of kindness as you.

What do you do with your life that is so benevolent that you are able to cast stones at the good deeds of others?

Listen, I never claimed to be a fucking saint you dumbfuck.

I am an asshole, but that doesn't mean that a nice person gets a free fucking pass for being stupid simply because they are nice.

Hog Farmer
02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
I hate that winch!

kcfanXIII
02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
what an awesome gesture. good luck warner and the rest of the cards. i'm pulling for the underdog.

KCrockaholic
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Awesome, another reason to like Warner. Go Cards!

RJ
02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Probably true.

It was probably the haircut.

wazu
But If hold the door for someone to walk through, I'm not going to say I did it because he/she couldn't do it himself.

That is exactly what Brenda Warner did.

I get what you are saying, but I disagree. She made a reference to her own past to help whomever was interviewing her understand her perspective. Because of the way the reporter worked it into the story, you are leaping to the conclusion that she in some way believes she is feeding the ultra-poor.

I think the quote below referencing how her kids pick a table does a better job of capturing the intent.

“They’ll say ‘Oh, that family has a lot of kids, dinner must be expensive.’ Or ‘They look old, maybe it’s hard for them to afford eating out a lot.’"

Sure-Oz

That's it.

I don't see the problem with brenda really...

People thought she was psycho or something just cause she defended her husband at one time. I didn't care for her cockatoo look back in the day but thats about it.

milkman
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
I get what you are saying, but I disagree. She made a reference to her own past to help whomever was interviewing her understand her perspective. Because of the way the reporter worked it into the story, you are leaping to the conclusion that she in some way believes she is feeding the ultra-poor.

I think the quote below referencing how her kids pick a table does a better job of capturing the intent.

“They’ll say ‘Oh, that family has a lot of kids, dinner must be expensive.’ Or ‘They look old, maybe it’s hard for them to afford eating out a lot.’"

OK, that makes sense.

Thanks.

But in this case, did the kids look over at the table and say "Poor bastards are going to need to have at least one good experience from this SB"?

wazu
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
But in this case, did the kids look over at the table and say "Poor bastards are going to need to have at least one good experience from this SB"?

Heh, that's a good point. Regardless of what happens today, those 20 fans are going to have a good story to tell their grandchildren.

dtebbe
02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't see the problem with brenda really...

People thought she was psycho or something just cause she defended her husband at one time. I didn't care for her cockatoo look back in the day but thats about it.

Didn't she have her own radio show for a while too? That's a little over the top IMHO.

DT

UteChief
02-01-2009, 11:01 AM

That's it.

Exactly!

Nzoner
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
This is a charming story, except for the intolerable fact that everyone involved in this story was on a vacation in Tampa,going to a Super Bowl and eating at The Cheesecake Factory.

FYP :D

Mosbonian
02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Cynicism comes naturally for everyone....when we see a high profile star we want to believe that they are doing something inherently good. But unfortunately, in the end we sometimes tend to find many altruistic endeavors are for publicity alone.

If you look at the past history of the Warner's you will find many instances that show this wasn't anything but what it was meant to be....an act of kindness. They are known for their charitable works and contributions to the community.

I have always admired Kurt Warner because he appears to be a WYSIWYG kind of guy. He's the feel-good story of this Super Bowl....and that's OK with me.

mmaddog

Saccopoo
02-01-2009, 11:19 AM
OK, that makes sense.

Thanks.

Thanks for what? For re-quoting the original article? For having to point out how much of a douche nozzle you made yourself out to be?

What's next on your agenda for today? Pissing on Mother Theresa's grave? Scuttling a Greenpeace boat?

KChiefs1
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I love the Kurtis the stockboy & Brenda the cashier girl story.

Reaper16
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM
FYP :D
Yes. Yes you did.

milkman
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for what? For re-quoting the original article? For having to point out how much of a douche nozzle you made yourself out to be?

What's next on your agenda for today? Pissing on Mother Theresa's grave? Scuttling a Greenpeace boat?

Point me to Mother Theresa's grave.

Reaper16
02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Point me to Mother Theresa's grave.
LMAO

PhillyChiefFan
02-01-2009, 11:30 AM
They're good people.

Wish more players were as respectable as Warner.

Phobia
02-01-2009, 11:31 AM

I think there was something about her calling the talk-shows in St. Louis and showing her rear. But, yeah I mostly agree.

You guys wouldn't believe how good this act can make you feel. I can't afford it like I used to be able to but I try to do something like this around the holidays. I always pick a family who looks like the $50 would make a huge difference to their holiday.

memyselfI
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Cynicism comes naturally for everyone....when we see a high profile star we want to believe that they are doing something inherently good. But unfortunately, in the end we sometimes tend to find many altruistic endeavors are for publicity alone.

If you look at the past history of the Warner's you will find many instances that show this wasn't anything but what it was meant to be....an act of kindness. They are known for their charitable works and contributions to the community.

I have always admired Kurt Warner because he appears to be a WYSIWYG kind of guy. He's the feel-good story of this Super Bowl....and that's OK with me.

mmaddog

My daughter had the privilege of assisting Kurt Warner when he dined at a local KC restaurant. He was a class act and a gentleman from the time he made the reservation to the time he left, leaving behind a very generous tip. He expected nothing special and was very courteous and kind to the entire staff.

I could do without his religious stuff but as a person he seems to be a very decent human being.

PhillyChiefFan
02-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I think there was something about her calling the talk-shows in St. Louis and showing her rear. But, yeah I mostly agree.

You guys wouldn't believe how good this act can make you feel. I can't afford it like I used to be able to but I try to do something like this around the holidays. I always pick a family who looks like the $50 would make a huge difference to their holiday.

That's great, good for you. I hope that some day I can afford to do stuff like that. Wedding coming up and one income until my fiance graduates, but I would love to do this every now and then.

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Seven kids... sheesh.

AND BY ONE WOMAN?!?! WHAT?!?!

(I realize like two of them are from a previous marriage, but whatever.)

Rausch
02-01-2009, 11:54 AM

<-------------

AND you can order Pappa John's online now. Just send it to my address and BLAMMO! Rausch can afford pizza AND beer...

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
She's even scarier now:

http://multimedia.premierespeakers.com/speaker/web/10823.jpg

wazu
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
She's even scarier now:

http://multimedia.premierespeakers.com/speaker/web/10823.jpg

Woah. She actually looks kind of attractive now. Not seeing how this is scarier than the "Cruella Deville with a flat-top" look.

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Woah. She actually looks kind of attractive now. Not seeing how this is scarier than the "Cruella Deville with a flat-top" look.

Attractive women frighten Claythan.

Rausch
02-01-2009, 11:59 AM

I didn't know she was related to Ann Coulter, but it makes sense...

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Are you kidding me? She looks like a dude in drag:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4225/warrrub0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wazu
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Are you kidding me? She looks like a dude in drag:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4225/warrrub0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Okay, you should lead with this pic if you're trying to make that point. The first one you used she actually looks pretty.

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
They both scare me.

wazu
02-01-2009, 12:05 PM
They both scare me.

She needs to tone down the eye make-up. But also remember she is a mother of 7, and probably won't hold up to the standards you have set for yourself by watching internet porn.

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
She needs to tone down the eye make-up. But also remember she is a mother of 7, and probably won't hold up to the standards you have set for yourself by watching internet porn.

Adam is Kurt Warner? :eek:

Rausch
02-01-2009, 12:07 PM

As a mother of 7?

I'm thinking she probably would.

alanm
02-01-2009, 12:12 PM
My daughter had the privilege of assisting Kurt Warner when he dined at a local KC restaurant. He was a class act and a gentleman from the time he made the reservation to the time he left, leaving behind a very generous tip. He expected nothing special and was very courteous and kind to the entire staff.

I could do without his religious stuff but as a person he seems to be a very decent human being.You realize of course that being such a decent human being can be attributed to him because of his religious beliefs.

memyselfI
02-01-2009, 12:20 PM
You realize of course that being such a decent human being can be attributed to him because of his religious beliefs.

Absolutely and I don't wish to deny him such. My problem is when he or anyone else wears them on their sleeve and blathers on about it. Actions like his speak louder than his words, IMO.

memyselfI
02-01-2009, 12:23 PM

I think her eye makeup is not the problem. That shade of blonde does nothing for her. With her eye color she'd be quite a bit more attractive with a darker brunette or even a red/auburn tone ala Kate Walsh.

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2009, 12:32 PM
You realize of course that being such a decent human being can be attributed to him because of his religious beliefs.

Right, only religious people can be decent human beings.

Rausch
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM

No, but when the man says that's what makes him a good person it probably is.

tomahawk kid
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Absolutely and I don't wish to deny him such. My problem is when he or anyone else wears them on their sleeve and blathers on about it. Actions like his speak louder than his words, IMO.

I tend to agree.

I have 100% more respect for someone who has a strong personal faith in the Lord, and displays it in thoughts and deeds without calling attention to themselves.

Just my opinion and certainly doesn't take away from the gesture the Warner's did here.....

Phobia
02-01-2009, 12:49 PM

Nobody said that. Come on now.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
You realize of course that being such a decent human being can be attributed to him because of his religious beliefs.:Poke:

mlyonsd
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
That's a pretty awesome story. Maybe good Karma for today.

One night after a Chief's game many years ago we were sitting in the restaurant across from the stadium. Can't remember it's name and it's gone now. Anyway in walks Carl Peterson with some young hot lady. They sat down at the table next to us. This was during the Marty years when I still liked Carl so I didn't interrupt them.

SOB never offered to pay for our dinner and it was pretty evident we had been to the game. It was at that moment I realized he was a prick.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Yes, but I think you're overblowing the story. I'm sure the story was picked up because the restaurant owner or a family or an observer saw what happened and thought it was a feel good story. And I'm sure when the story was picked up, the reporter asked Brenda Warner why her family does what they did. And did she lie during the interview? No. She simply pointed out that she carries on this tradition because someone did the same for her years ago--she's essentially paying it forward. I see nothing in this story that indicates for a second that Brenda Warner asked for this interview and intentionally called attention to herself.

If she was truly looking for attention, she would have announced to the entire restaurant that she was buying meals for 20 or she would have had a news station come by and tape them paying for the meal. That's what people do when all they are looking for is publicity. But this is a clear case of two people doing something generous, somebody else recognizing what they did, and then being asked why they spontaneously did something generous. Based on my experience in the St. Louis community, I can assure you that this is 1 of hundreds of good deeds Brenda is being recognized for. So if she wants to brag about it, that's fine--because she also deserves credit for the other hundred great things she has done for the community that the media has never picked up or that Brenda has never bragged about.

I see your point that maybe it's not considered a generous act focused on feeding the hungry, but it has the intention of being one.

Marco Polo
02-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Only at the Planet people can find ways to bash people for paying for another table's meal. Good grief. Grow up people. If the Warner's paid for your meal, you'd be pretty happy about it and posting on how great of people they are. Instead, this story makes the news because it's freaking Super Bowl week and the stories out there are weak, and people try to find a way to put them down. Unbelievable. Have a heart people.

Saul Good
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM

They do both. What is wrong with that? Why didn't you just vote for Hillary and not discuss your beliefs? You could have donated to her campaing anonymously and pulled the lever, but you chose to encourage others to believe the same way you do.

The Warners believe that God has played an important role in their lives, and they want to share that with others. I don't recall reading that they only pick up the tab for Christians. They have money to share and feel that the money might improve someone's life, so they share it. They have faith and believe that faith might improve someone else's life, so they share it. Of the two, they probably consider money to be the lesser of the two gifts, but I wouldn't expect a person of no faith to understand.

JASONSAUTO
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM

One night after a Chief's game many years ago we were sitting in the restaurant across from the stadium. Can't remember it's name and it's gone now. Anyway in walks Carl Peterson with some young hot lady. They sat down at the table next to us. This was during the Marty years when I still liked Carl so I didn't interrupt them.

SOB never offered to pay for our dinner and it was pretty evident we had been to the game. It was at that moment I realized he was a prick.

ROFL yeah he should pay for everyone's dinner that goes to a game

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Xtians should be seen and not heard.

Saul Good
02-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Frankly, they shouldn't be seen, either. They should probably just stay indoors.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 02:02 PM
two months ago
I would have believed he needed to be bagging their leftovers
bet he can make a peaceful looking swan

Phobia
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Cool. Let's make this thread about you too.

Count Alex's Losses
02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Cool. Let's make this thread about you too.

kysirsoze
02-01-2009, 02:42 PM

Kurt Warner talks about his faith because people ask him about himself and it's important to him. He's not calling press conferences to spread God's word. He's granting interviews and he has the right to say whatever he wants. As far as I know he has been loved and respected in any locker room he's been in regardless of the other players' faith so it's not like he's an asshole about it.

All he does is elevate the NFL from its current perception of thugs, drug users, and dogfighters. I have a few friends that won't watch football (gasp!) because they hate supporting jerkoffs like Pacman and Vick. Warner can say what he wants.

Short Leash Hootie
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM

Not sure why you were expecting him to pay for your meal...:spock:

Sure-Oz
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Kurt Warner talks about his faith because people ask him about himself and it's important to him. He's not calling press conferences to spread God's word. He's granting interviews and he has the right to say whatever he wants. As far as I know he has been loved and respected in any locker room he's been in regardless of the other players' faith so it's not like he's an asshole about it.

All he does is elevate the NFL from its current perception of thugs, drug users, and dogfighters. I have a few friends that won't watch football (gasp!) because they hate supporting jerkoffs like Pacman and Vick. Warner can say what he wants.
Agreed, and he's said "im sure people are sick of hearing this but..." and then talked about jesus and whatever else was on his mind, he isn't stopping the presses to announce it. So let him do whatever he wants, he's a good guy, i don't see why people have issues with what he says when asked.

stevieray
02-01-2009, 02:51 PM
you know we need work as a country when simple gestures of kindness are scrutinized...

stevieray
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM

what's funny in your eternal quest to discriminate, you fail to realize is that that is exactly what their faimly is doing by being generous, except that the message is being heard, by their actions.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
tbh you SCREAMED exactly that by making such a :Poke: statement.

JASONSAUTO
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
tbh you SCREAMED exactly that by making such a :Poke: statement.

YEP

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2009, 03:03 PM
That's nothing.

The last time he went out to dinner, Leinart fucked a table of 20 Steeler fans.

JASONSAUTO
02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
That's nothing.

The last time he went out to dinner, Leinart fucked a table of 20 Steeler fans.

ROFL

Bwana
02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Kurt is quite the role model. NFL players could learn alot by his example.

This

Guru
02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
If they don't want people trying to get picked why did they agree to this interview?

Valiant
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Personally, I can't stand Kurt Warner, and this unhealthy desire to kick him in the nads, but I would still endorse the idea of bringing here to groom Sanchez.

As a QB's coach..

Chiefs Pantalones
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I love Kurt, he's such a great God and family oriented guy. His whole family is amazing. People can learn a lot from them. I really hope they win today.

CoMoChief
02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Kurt Warner didn't pay for the meal because we all know Brenda carries the checkbook.

Actually, it was Jesus who paid for the meal

Guru
02-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I do agree with Brenda on her comment about giving well off people free meals though.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I really don't know why people don't like Kurt and his family. Just shows you how many sick people are out there.