PDA

View Full Version : Football Do you care about Super Bowl commercials?

Mama Hip Rockets
02-01-2009, 02:54 PM
There are way too many people who don't even like football who have Super Bowl parties because they want to watch the commercials. As a football fan, this seems completely ridiculous to me. What are your thoughts on Super Bowl commercials? Do you watch them intently? Do you loathe them?

kstater
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
They don't sell for $3million/30seconds for no reason.

Bowser
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Some are good for entertainment, most are letdowns. I certainly don't see an add for a company and tell myself to go buy their product, no matter how big the tits on those GoDaddy.com girls get.

Hootie
02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
they were awesome when I was a kid...now I don't give a shit.

kstater
02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Some are good for entertainment, most are letdowns. I certainly don't see an add for a company and tell myself to go buy their product, no matter how big the tits on those GoDaddy.com girls get.

Would you even know about GoDaddy.com without the SB commercials though?

Bowser
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Would you even know about GoDaddy.com without the SB commercials though?

Doubtful, but even in knowing about them, I haven't been inclined to use them or even visit their website.

KCChiefsMan
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
ya, it's the only time I don't change the channel when it goes to commercials

Bugeater
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I've been paying a lot less attention to them, they've been pretty lame the last few years. Anymore it seems a lot of them are just normal commercials that you'd see any other time on TV.

Rain Man
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
They certainly aren't as interesting as the game, but I'll check them out during the Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Absolutely. They are awesome.

Basileus777
02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
They haven't been any good the last couple of years. It's a shame.

SCTrojan
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
The Chiefs haven't played in the game for about four decades, so I'm as interested in the commercials as I am in the game.

02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I used to look forward to them but they have stunk recently. They are not the reason I watch the Super Bowl for though.

MMXcalibur
02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
It adds to the game and I do look forward to them. However, I look forward to the game A LOT more.

02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I wish they would make commercials funny in the first place rather than only during the superbowl.

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
We cannot watch them over here in the Army.... AFN is not allowed to play them.

i will watch tommorrow on youtube

02-01-2009, 03:52 PM
We cannot watch them over here in the Army.... AFN is not allowed to play them.

i will watch tommorrow on youtubeReally? why?

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Really? why?

We have American Forces Network... they get a bunch of free shows from all the networks in the states and show em over here. If they played commercials then it would violate some agreement they have.. So, we just get shitty "dont drink and drive", "watch out for your buddy" commercials....

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
here is some afn commercials..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mghxZzWVO7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mghxZzWVO7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
I am in marketing so I like watching them for that aspect.

MikeMaslowski
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvNMBrZW8BE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvNMBrZW8BE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ufh3ALD_cB4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ufh3ALD_cB4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhgf1ZrtMyc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhgf1ZrtMyc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsboADNIKPA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsboADNIKPA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MikeMaslowski
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
in short.... afn blows.

Bugeater
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Dude, the first one was enough. Wow. :shake:

warrior
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
There 're just part of the big show.

SCTrojan
02-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I love me some AFN PSA's - especially the ones about the commissary. :)

The networks give shows to the Armed Forces Radio and TV Service for dirt cheap with the agreement that no commercial content will be shown. Otherwise, they'd have to pay normal prices and the programming would really stink on AFN.

Reerun_KC
02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
They are usually better than the game...

Mama Hip Rockets
02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
holy shit, the commercials were even worse than usual tonight.

KCChiefsFan88
02-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I can't remember a single commercial from tonight's game.

$200+ million spent on commecials down the toilet.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
The commercials were great tonight. I was vastly entertained.

J Diddy
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM

That just proves what an idiot you are. The commercials were awful.

Bowser
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM

The commercials sucked nuts, outside of the Pepsi one.

J Diddy
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM

Personally, the one with the budweiser horse grabbing a tree trunk i thought was funny.

I also liked the lucky doritos guy, who when his bag of doritos ran out got hit by the bus.

Everything else looked like a regular network tv night

Bowser
02-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Personally, the one with the budweiser horse grabbing a tree trunk i thought was funny.

I also liked the lucky doritos guy, who when his bag of doritos ran out got hit by the bus.

Everything else looked like a regular network tv night

Yeah, Doritos guy getting hit was funny, but the rest of them were just weak, considering the money they spent to make them. All the beer I drank tonight makes me a expert on such matters, you know.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Some of you are way too harsh.

The coke commercial with the bugs really amused me. It was delightful. The Shatner commercial was really funny. Most of the horse ones were great.

A few were really terrible. The Heineken ones were all pretentious garbage. Most of the car commercials sucked, although the one with Statham was pure win.

I enjoyed the commercials. If you didn't like them you're a poophead.

KCChiefsFan88
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM
The only commercial I thought was semi-clever was the Monster.com one where they show the boss with the deer head mounted on the wall then they show the other wise of the wall with the poor guy with the horse's asses overlooking his desk.

TinyEvel
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Did you guys have the volume off or something?

THe Hulu one with Alec Baldwin was awesome "Turns out TV doesn't rot your brain, it only softens it, like a ripe banana.." ROFL

What about the Coke Zero one with Polamalu?

Old Dog
02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
My favorite was the Doritos "crystal ball" one.

Katipan
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Some of you are way too harsh.

The coke commercial with the bugs really amused me. It was delightful. The Shatner commercial was really funny. Most of the horse ones were great.

A few were really terrible. The Heineken ones were all pretentious garbage. Most of the car commercials sucked, although the one with Statham was pure win.

I enjoyed the commercials. If you didn't like them you're a poophead.

I agree with everything you said. Which is disconcerting.

I liked the annoying repetitive commercial where the chick rode the dolphin, but I cant remember what the hell it was a commercial for, so apparently it didn't work on me.

TinyEvel
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM

I can't believe those guys made that for $2,000. The film looked good!

Old Dog
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Telefloras' "Talking Flowers" was good too.

Frazod
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I still can't get over the fact that somebody thought remaking Land of the Lost was a good idea (this was the Will Ferrell dinosaur movie that was advertised in the first half). For those of you who aren't old farts, Land of the Lost was a Saturday morning live action children's TV show back in the 70's, with puppet dinosaurs and the lamest special effects this side of an Ed Wood movie. I thought it was retarded even back then, and by comparison I loved Lost in Space at the time.

At least the dinosaurs in the new one appear to have actual throats. :shake:

MahiMike
02-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Just like the halftime entertainment, it's there for the party/chick crowd. I'm there to see a football game.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM

does anybody besides me think that was completely childish and you are retarded if you laughed at it?

DeepPurple
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
The Careerbuilder.com ad is the first commercial I actually LOL

<object width="480" height="295">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/79tMMFja-Fw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>

HC_Chief
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I still can't get over the fact that somebody thought remaking Land of the Lost was a good idea (this was the Will Ferrell dinosaur movie that was advertised in the first half). For those of you who aren't old farts, Land of the Lost was a Saturday morning live action children's TV show back in the 70's, with puppet dinosaurs and the lamest special effects this side of an Ed Wood movie. I thought it was retarded even back then, and by comparison I loved Lost in Space at the time.

lol, welcome to hollyweird. LOTL, Fast & Furious take 3? 4? Firday the 13th, but this time it's Jason?

All creativity has been crushed and drowned out in favor of money-making vomit. We have no one to blame but ourselves... until people finally say no to buying tix for this stupidity, they will keep belching forth.

tooge
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I cracked up at the "I'm good" commercial where the guys get jacked up various ways. Other than that, they seemed pretty lame and I lost interest. Glad it was a fantastic game.

Hammock Parties
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM

I will see that shit. It looked hilarious.

+ dinosaurs!

Hammock Parties
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Did you guys have the volume off or something?

THe Hulu one with Alec Baldwin was awesome "Turns out TV doesn't rot your brain, it only softens it, like a ripe banana.." ROFL

What about the Coke Zero one with Polamalu?

Those were all great. I was about to declare sacrilege when they started ripping off the Mean Joe Greene commercial, but then it turned into PURE WIN!

KCChiefsMan
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
The one with Polamalu wins

Chiefnj2
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM

I spent many a morning wood thinking about Holly. Don't disrespect the Land of the Lost.

Frazod
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I spent many a morning wood thinking about Holly. Don't disrespect the Land of the Lost.

LMAO

I'll stick with Valerie Bertinelli, thank you very much.