PDA

View Full Version : Football Jesus screwed me man!!

Dave Lane
02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Just posting for my friend Kurt. Know I'm going to get blasted for it but if he's going to claim divine help he can assess divine retribution. :) :)

Dave

But actually pretty darn good game :)

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
THANKYOU BEELZEBUUUUUUUUUUUUB!

bburns6
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Kurt must have made Jesus angry prior to the game. Might as well blame him for the loss.

beach tribe
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Dave Lane
02-01-2009, 08:17 PM
He seemed to make some good adjustment at halftime.

Jesus or Kurt?

aturnis
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Jesus or Kurt?

Sorry, wrong thread.

Bearcat
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
In a win he thanks Jesus for the opportunity. In a loss he blames himself/his team... "we beat ourselves". Pretty standard, really.

Fritz88
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
good game

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I can't believe there are people mocking him for being religious. I don't care what his religion is. He's a good man--that's all I care about. I know this from indirect as well as direct experience.

Glad that people are using a Super Bowl loss to take a cheap shot at a classy guy (this is not directed to the thread starter, but to those who responded to it)

I realize that people are joking. But anyone who would ever mock the guy has obviously never met the man.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I can't believe there are people mocking him for being religious. I don't care what his religion is. He's a good man--that's all I care about. I know this from indirect as well as direct experience.

Glad that people are using a Super Bowl loss to take a cheap shot at a classy guy (this is not directed to the thread starter, but to those who responded to it)

I realize that people are joking. But anyone who would ever mock the guy has obviously never met the man.

So the thread starter gets a pass on starting the dumbassery? You're a generous guy.

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I can't believe there are people mocking him for being religious.

Why?

Religion is funny. So is Kurt Warner's outward expression of his faith. I used to hate him for it, now he does it so much it just makes me laugh. It's a sideshow at the Kurt Warner express. When he's not busy slinging sweet passes, he rides his Jesus train.

Mr. Kotter
02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Proof that some folks never grow-up.....

:shake:

Gracie Dean
02-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Why?

Religion is funny. So is Kurt Warner's outward expression of his faith. I used to hate him for it, now he does it so much it just makes me laugh. It's a sideshow at the Kurt Warner express. When he's not busy slinging sweet passes, he rides his Jesus train.

so I take it you don't want to be a priest anymore???:rolleyes:

88TG88
02-01-2009, 09:58 PM

LMAO I remember that

mikey23545
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Why?

Try getting laid and getting your sorry loser ass out of your parent's house before you go laughing at anybody else, fucktard.

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM

I want to be a Priest for all the wrong reasons. :evil:

Stinger
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Why?

Wow ... insert WPI for religion or Jesus in the above post and ......

WPI is funny. So is Claythan's outward expression of his WPI. I used to hate him for it, now he does it so much that it just makes me laugh. It's a sidedshow at the WPI express. When he's not busy slinging sweet rumors, he rides the WPI train.

Same sentiment is it not??

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
The difference between me and you is that doesn't offend me.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Why?

I don't care about his religion. He can praise Jesus, Satan, Allah, Buddha... doesn't matter. But if you truly claim and believe that his religion is a sideshow then all I can do is laugh. Because you obviously know nothing about the man, and yet choose to criticize him for his off-the-field behavior anyway.

I have met the man. And I have spoken with plenty of workers who have worked with Warner. They said that losing Warner and Grant Wistrom in St. Louis was like getting hit by a tornado--both were such a huge part of the community. In the meantime, feel free to check out this little sideshow story on ESPN. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3814061

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 10:13 PM
and yet choose to criticize him for his off-the-field behavior anyway.

I'm not criticizing him. I'm cool with it. He entertains me.

melbar
02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
He's doing something positive. What is it with some people. YOu gripe when a guy is clubbin', gettin arrested, impregnating a different girl in every city, then a guy is involved in something positive (even if its not your thing) and he's trashed for that too. :shake:

Stinger
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Doesn't offend me. I think the Lord can take care of himself.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

Telling Roethlisberger THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Religious jokes don't offend me. South Park and Family Guy are my two favorite shows on earth and I'm barely even a practicing Christian. What bothers me is criticizing a really good man just because he is vocal about his religion, especially when you know little to nothing about their body of work.

Yes, I find a lot of religious people to be hypocrites, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Count Zarth
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
He's not a hypocrite. He's a fine Xtian. But it is highly amusing.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Tim Tebow studied him for years while growing up.

Thig Lyfe
02-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Religion is poopy.

Saggysack
02-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Which is worse? An athlete that uses his public status as a place to shine light upon their religious beliefs, or a movie star using their public status as a place to shine light upon their political beliefs?

Which do you feel is worse? Are they equal? Is Kurt Warner just another Susan Sarandon?

Iowanian
02-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I guess you'd rather have Michael conVick'd living next door than Warner....

Warner lives it and leads by example, like it or not.

chiefzilla1501
02-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Which is worse? An athlete that uses his public status as a place to shine light upon their religious beliefs, or a movie star using their public status as a place to shine light upon their political beliefs?

Which do you feel is worse? Are they equal? Is Kurt Warner just another Susan Sarandon?

What's worse is athletes who use public forums to rip on their teammates.
Cut the guy a break. He's just a very religious person and his beliefs have become a part of his language. I don't sense that he has ever pushed his beliefs onto anybody--do you think he would last two seconds in a locker room pushing Jesus onto his teammates? The Warners aren't grandstanding. They claim that religion has made them better people and you will not find many more outstanding people in the world than the Warners.

There are better people in this world to give a hard time than Warner. I don't care about his religious beliefs. They are really good people, and it's really easy for people to be critical of him when the only interaction they've had with Warner is from an interview they saw on ESPN.

Fairplay
02-02-2009, 07:17 AM
One of the better Superbowls.

I liked it.

Plus i won 100 bucks at my work on the superbowl pick your numbers blindly scheme. So i'm blessed.

Fairplay
02-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Dave Lane had smileys in his post.

I don't he is was serious fellas.

blaise
02-02-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm not offended by the thread's premise as much as I am by the fact that it's a joke that's been used about a million times before.

BigCatDaddy
02-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Dave Lane had smileys in his post.

I don't he is was serious fellas.

DL is a modern day Nero. Sadly, he is very serious.

Skip Towne
02-02-2009, 08:18 AM

Nah. Now he wants to be a street car conductor.

Johnny Vegas
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
LOOK WHAT GOD JUST DID TO US! MAN!!

Lzen
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Sad to say but I think this thread says much more about the thread starter than it does Kurt Warner.

Dave Lane
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Sad to say but I think this thread says much more about the thread starter than it does Kurt Warner.

Actually I think its kinda funny. All these athletes constantly claiming god is on our side or jesus blessed us with a win. Seems odd they never blame bad luck on god. Shouldn't it go both ways??

BigCatDaddy
02-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Ship this out to DC! The OP is trying to inflame as many people as possible by posting here instead of where it belongs.

blaise
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Actually I think its kinda funny. All these athletes constantly claiming god is on our side or jesus blessed us with a win. Seems odd they never blame bad luck on god. Shouldn't it go both ways??

How do you know they don't still thank God even if they lose?
I've never heard one say, "God is on our side". They usually just say thanks to God for everything he's done for me. But I don't know why I care, the only thing more tired than Kurt Warner talking about Jesus after a win is the "God made us lose" joke. I guarantee there's an idiot on every FM radio station in the country and one at every office telling this same rehashed gag and thinking it's somehow original.

Dave Lane
02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
How do you know they don't still thank God even if they lose?
I've never heard one say, "God is on our side". They usually just say thanks to God for everything he's done for me. But I don't know why I care, the only thing more tired than Kurt Warner talking about Jesus after a win is the "God made us lose" joke. I guarantee there's an idiot on every FM radio station in the country and one at every office telling this same rehashed gag and thinking it's somehow original.

SO you're saying this is a repost?