PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Free Agent List- Warner can teach our QB of the Future

Chieftain58
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
It makes sense for Haley to bring in his guy-Warner (NOT CASSEL)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

2009 NFL Free Agents
By: Greg Davis

Top Quarterbacks

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
The former MVP and Super Bowl winner has had a resurgent season in Arizona and has his team past the first round of the playoffs. He racked up 4,583 passing yards, his second highest career total for a season, and threw for 30 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions. Also, his passer rating of 96.9 was his best since the '01 season. Warner has not wanted his contract status to be a distraction, but he will be looking for an extension from the team once the season comes to an end. Warner could find another team willing to name him the starter if the Cardinals want to let Matt Leinart take over.

Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Collins may have recently turned thirty-six, but he helped lead the Titans to the best record in the NFL at 13-3 when the Vince Young situation threatened to put a damper on the entire season. Instead, Collins stepped in and managed the offense well. He may not have looked like the quarterback he was when he led the New York Giants to a Super Bowl appearance early on this decade, but he did prove that he was capable of winning games and protecting the ball enough to allow his offense to run fairly smoothly. He may not have a lot left after this season and a potential Super Bowl run, but he may still be of interest to some teams looking for a steady game manager or an experienced backup for insurance purposes. The Titans may be looking to move forward with Vince Young, but Collins knows the system and could be offered a new contract to keep his services around.

Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
Rumor has it that Cassel will be franchised, thus ending his chance to hit the market.

Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Garcia could retire given that he is nearing forty years of age, but many probably expected that he would have hung up his cleats before the just completed season. The veteran just keeps going and going and has kept the Buccaneers competitive. Last season the veteran passer threw for over 2,400 yards and 13 touchdowns in 13 games. This season, in twelve games, he passed for over 2,700 yards and had 12 touchdowns tosses to just six interceptions. He can still manage a game and make things happen often enough to keep defenses honest. He may be asked to stick around somewhere in the league for another season.

Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
With all of the criticism that Grossman has had to face, he did lead a Bears team that reached a Super Bowl in ’06. During that season he threw for over 3,100 yards and 23 touchdowns; however, he also turned the ball over 25 times. Grossman lost his starting role to Kyle Orton this season and threw just 62 passes, completing only 32 and having a pair of touchdowns and picks. Grossman may wind up being a career backup.

Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Boller has never lived up to the hype that came with him and he was placed on the injured reserve this season. In five seasons of earning sporadic playing time, Boller has thrown more touchdowns than picks just twice. The presence and early success of Joe Flacco guarantee that Boller will be gone after the season, and it is hard to imagine that he’ll be given a shot at starting anywhere. Like Grossman, he seems destined to be a career backup

ChiefsCountry
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Warner is going to
a)retire
b)resign with Arizona and live off the glory there

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Holy Christ.

KCChiefsFan88
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I would like to see Warner in KC as a stopgap QB to tutor a young QB as much as the next guy but...

1) $9 million a season is too much for a stopgap QB
2) Warner is either going to stay in Arizona or retire

Basileus777
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Disregard all the other reasons this is fucking stupid.

Warner would sooner retire than come here. The end.

Chieftain58
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Warner is going to
a)retire
b)resign with Arizona and live off the glory there

I seriously doubt he is going to retire not with all the money going to be thrown his way... He will probably sign 3 year contract with someone and cash in... I heard he could have gotten a 500k bonus if he played half the games last year and had a 90 QB rating and his rating was only 89.8.. he needed 1 more touchdown.. I also heard he asked them to give him the bonus anyway and they declined and that has upset him.

bevis369
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I seriously doubt he is going to retire not with all the money going to be thrown his way... He will probably sign 3 year contract with someone and cash in... I heard he could have gotten a 500k bonus if he played half the games last year and had a 90 QB rating and his rating was only 89.8.. he needed 1 more touchdown.. I also heard he asked them to give him the bonus anyway and they declined and that has upset him.

Please explain why a 37 year old QB would come to KC to end his career, when he was 2:30 away from winning a SB with his current team.

It makes no sense for him to do anything other than retire, or re-sign with Arizona.

Why would he want to waste the last 2 years of his career playing with a bunch of no-talent kids?

KCtotheSB
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
It totally and completely makes sense for a team building for the future to bring in a quarterback who's going to retire in 1-2 years.

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
It totally and completely makes sense for a team building for the future to bring in a quarterback who's going to retire in 1-2 years.

The n00b gets it.

Fritz88
02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
he won't relocate, will stay in the desert.

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
It totally and completely makes sense for a team building for the future to bring in a quarterback who's going to retire in 1-2 months.

FYP

blueballs
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Warner is this season's Favre
and could end the same way

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Holy Christ.

No shit.

I can NOT fucking believe this is even on the board.

88TG88
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
JFC

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 02:44 PM
No shit.

I can NOT fucking believe this is even on the board.

Oh, trust me.

As someone who has been around for several offseasons, I can't tell you with absolute certainty that it will get WORSE.

It used to be that the dipshittery was limited to the offseason.

Now, it's pretty much year-round - but the period from the end of the season to the draft seems to be when the caravan of short buses show up at the door.

suds79
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
No way we get Warner.

I think our next best bet is to get Collins and have him start for the year while our rookie QB sits & learns.

blueballs
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Thigpen is fine for opening a season
that's just another pre-season extension

Chiefnj2
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
If the Chiefs daft Sanchez who is he going to learn from his first year? Huard?

Brock
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM

Hopefully from someone on the coaching staff.

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Who did Roethlisberger learn from?

Tommy fucking Maddox?

No - he learned from the coaching staff.

You learn from PLAYING, not from WATCHING.

Count Zarth
02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah maybe Trent Green can be QB coach.

Rausch
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Tommy ****ing Maddox?

It can be done either way.

I'm sick of this fanbase going from one extreme to the next. You do not build a team one way, you build a whole team.

Young, old, rookies, vets, draft, free agency, trades, undrafted players. The whole deal. A mix. A team...

Chiefnj2
02-02-2009, 03:11 PM

Tommy ****ing Maddox?

Roethlisberger had much more experience coming out. He learned more playing for three years. Sanchez doesn't have that benefit.

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Roethlisberger had much more experience coming out. He learned more playing for three years. Sanchez doesn't have that benefit.

Yeah, those 3 years in the MAC really helped him step in his rookie year and go undefeated until the AFC Championship game...

JASONSAUTO
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
No way we get Warner.

I think our next best bet is to get Collins and have him start for the year while our rookie QB sits & learns.

collins is going nowhere tennessee said he will be the starter next year

JASONSAUTO
02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Please explain why a 37 year old QB would come to KC to end his career, when he was 2:30 away from winning a SB with his current team.

It makes no sense for him to do anything other than retire, or re-sign with Arizona.

Why would he want to waste the last 2 years of his career playing with a bunch of no-talent kids?

hell he was 40 seconds away

Crush
02-02-2009, 03:24 PM
No way we get Warner.

OK, now you are just fucking with us.

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
OK, now you are just fucking with us.

And maybe we can get Chris Collinsworth too! :doh!:

MikeMaslowski
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
And maybe we can get Chris Collinsworth too! :doh!:

I heard that Marino might come out of retirement......

he bought a house in (name any kansas city suburb)

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I heard that Marino might come out of retirement......

he bought a house in (name any kansas city suburb)

Okay Gang,

Terry Bradshaw...LMAO

Crush
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Okay Gang,

Terry Bradshaw...LMAO

THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!

JASONSAUTO
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
you guys have this shit all wrong it's gonna be boomer esiason, he wants ONE MORE chance to get to the HOF

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Please make it stop.

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
you guys have this shit all wrong it's gonna be boomer esiason, he wants ONE MORE chance to get to the HOF

LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
02-02-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd go Broadway Joe.

From the looks of things, he can still wing it, and if not, he can get piss-drunk and try to fuck sideline reporters.

Darth CarlSatan
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd go Broadway Joe.

From the looks of things, he can still wing it, and if not, he can get piss-drunk and try to fuck sideline reporters.

LMAO

Okay Gang,

Joe Thiesman has decided to take a break from pimping life insurance and...

JASONSAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I'd go Broadway Joe.

LMAO

CoMoChief
02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
This idea is more than retarded.