PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Live reports Haley is heading to Hawaii this week. Hasn't talked to Pioli

Mr. Flopnuts
02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
and isn't scheduled too. Anyone catch this? God I hope we hire anyone but him.

ChiefMojo
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Randy Covitz was told the same by Haley. Hasn't been contacted and heading for the Pro Bowl. Face it, Haley is further down the list than the National media expected. He will only become a serious candidate when KC doesn't get the top vets.

DaWolf
02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
It's almost funny trying to watch the media guess what the hell Pioli is doing. He probably doesn't even want Cassell OR Haley.

Ferentz HC on Thursday. THE DEAL IS DONE.

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE.

LMAO I love this new saying around here.

Fruit Ninja
02-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I still think its Cowher. lol

KCrockaholic
02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
God I hope we hire anyone but him.

On this note...Hes my #1 option now

Micjones
02-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Sheesh, it's the day after the Superbowl.
A Superbowl Haley's team just lost.

This amounts to very little in my mind.

Bugeater
02-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh, that's right, we still don't have a head coach.

Orlandochiefsgrl
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
its bill parcells

DaWolf
02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Sheesh, it's the day after the Superbowl.
A Superbowl Haley's team just lost.

This amounts to very little in my mind.

Meh. Rex Ryan was taking over the Jets two minutes before the Ravens game was over. I don't see what the holdup is unless Haley isn't the No 1 guy.

It would be funny if he's not in the picture, because that would make twice Mort was 100% wrong on the Chiefs coaching search...

Mr. Flopnuts
02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
On this note...Hes my #1 option now

Glad I could single handedly make that decision for you.

cdcox
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
When the end of February rolls around and we STILL don't have a coach, it will be interesting to see who has the balls to keep throwing out the glib one liners then.

Thig Lyfe
02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
LA OFERTA ES HECHO

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Clark Hunt is the newest owner/coach in the NFL.

Welcome to the 60's!

splatbass
02-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Haley is heading to Hawaii. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioli and Hunt come here too, especially since Derrick Thomas was inducted into the HoF. They always have the current inductees there on the sidelines and for interviews and someone has to come to represent DT. They could certainly interview him here.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Haley is heading to Hawaii. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioli and Hunt come here too, especially since Derrick Thomas was inducted into the HoF. They always have the current inductees there on the sidelines and for interviews and someone has to come to represent DT. They could certainly interview him here.

Well, go crash their hotel! Get 'em drunk, line 'em up with hot Eurasian hotties, then interrogate them.

Report back to us ASAP!!!!

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow, I kind of like rampant speculation and nobody really knows WTF is going on...

Definitely makes it intriguing...

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Wow, I kind of like rampant speculation and nobody really knows WTF is going on...

Definitely makes it intriguing...

Gotta be honest.

I'm not a fan.

I would have been much more content if they would have said either that Herm was fired after 24 hours or retained after 24 hours.

Three weeks was ridiculous IMO (or whatever it was).

So far, I'm not impressed with the new regime.

Fruit Ninja
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Gotta be honest.

I'm not a fan.

I would have been much more content if they would have said either that Herm was fired after 24 hours or retained after 24 hours.

Three weeks was ridiculous IMO (or whatever it was).

So far, I'm not impressed with the new regime.

Hell, what they did was awesome imo. pick Herms brains about whats going on and how things are ran. He was never ever considered to stay here. Pioli got the info he needed then dismissed him.

I think he played it perfectly.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Hell, what they did was awesome imo. pick Herms brains about whats going on and how things are ran. He was never ever considered to stay here. Pioli got the info he needed then dismissed him.

I think he played it perfectly.

Yeah but Bro, you're completely speculating.

No one, none of us, no one outside of Clark, Pioli and Herm himself know the exact circumstances. We don't know if Pioli even spoke to Herm, other than to fire him.

We don't know anything.

Never forget the old adage: Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Let's just hope that hasn't begun at One Arrowhead Drive.

Because us fans won't know until it's too late.

BigRock
02-03-2009, 02:37 AM

He's not speculating, he's basically quoting Pioli. Unless Pioli was lying before the fact (during his press conference) and then lying again after the fact (once Herm was fired), he pretty much did exactly what kcxiv suggested he did.

Obviously he could be lying, but there's really no reason to suspect that's the case.

Fruit Ninja
02-03-2009, 02:45 AM

No one, none of us, no one outside of Clark, Pioli and Herm himself know the exact circumstances. We don't know if Pioli even spoke to Herm, other than to fire him.

We don't know anything.

Never forget the old adage: Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Let's just hope that hasn't begun at One Arrowhead Drive.

Because us fans won't know until it's too late.
Of course its speculating, but its really kind of obvious. No one ever really thought Herm was going to stay. I didnt read not damn one article that thought Herms' job was safe.

Well, Pioli did say himself he had talked to Herm a few times. There is a Video of Clark and Scott on KC Chiefs.com that talked about it.

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 04:43 AM
When the end of February rolls around and we STILL don't have a coach, it will be interesting to see who has the balls to keep throwing out the glib one liners then.

I'll probably still have the balls since I still won't be able to do anything about it.

ChiefMojo
02-03-2009, 06:11 AM
No Pioli did exactly what he said he would do. Take his time and weigh out the whole situation. He wanted to know as much info about the roster and how things were done under the old regime to get them into the mess. He held onto Herm until the last moment, but only did so to get as much info out of him as possible. It is is called SMART BUSINESS!

eazyb81
02-03-2009, 06:20 AM
I bet Pioli is on vacation in Amsterdam and has completely forgotten that he is supposed to hire a new coach.

King_Chief_Fan
02-03-2009, 06:25 AM
only an opinion but I still believe that we should not be surprised if the new coach is Gailey...nothing to base that on other than the fact that the Chiefs would not let other teams discuss opportunities with Gailey. Why would they keep an OC when they don't even know who the coach is. Wouldn't the new coach want to pick his OC? Again, I am just speculating.

Mecca
02-03-2009, 06:26 AM
If Chan Gailey is the new coach there is going to be a meltdown of epic proportion...

BigRedChief
02-03-2009, 06:37 AM
If Chan Gailey is the new coach there is going to be a meltdown of epic proportion...
Not neccessarily. That could mean that they have an gentlemens agreement with someone say shanahan, cohwer, dungy, holgrom etc to come in next year after taking this year off and he doesn't want to just hire the best coach available this year.

Damon Huard said on 810 yesterday that Chan Gailey and Pioli talk every day.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-03-2009, 06:40 AM
and isn't scheduled too. Anyone catch this? God I hope we hire anyone but him.

so your saying you rather have Dick Curl than Todd Haley

KC Jones
02-03-2009, 06:53 AM
I bet Pioli is on vacation in Amsterdam and has completely forgotten that he is supposed to hire a new coach.

ROFL

Chiefnj2
02-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Not neccessarily. That could mean that they have an gentlemens agreement with someone say shanahan, cohwer, dungy, holgrom etc to come in next year after taking this year off and he doesn't want to just hire the best coach available this year.

There is no such thing as a gentleman's agreement in the NFL. It would be completely and utterly stupid to start off your days as a GM with a lame duck coach and staff.

Brock
02-03-2009, 07:28 AM

Personally, I'd be okay with it.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Glad I could single handedly make that decision for you.
ROFL He thinks you're GoChiefs.

TEX
02-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Oh, that's right, we still don't have a head coach.

Which is actually better than the past 3 seasons...

Balto
02-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Gailey would be a million times better then Haley so what ever

KCChiefsFan88
02-03-2009, 07:45 AM
So far the Chiefs have made all the right moves, despite how slow the process has been (hiring Pioli and firing Herm)... but it is early February and time to get a head coach and coaching staff in place.

You almost get the sense with Clark's media blitz this week that he is sensing the fanbase is starting to get restless.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Gailey would be a million times better then Haley so what ever

LMAO

splatbass
02-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Well, go crash their hotel! Get 'em drunk, line 'em up with hot Eurasian hotties, then interrogate them.

Report back to us ASAP!!!!

I'll do that. As soon as I figure out which of the hundreds of hotels they are staying at. I may have to take off work. :grr:

jAZ
02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I hear Hawaii has a state law that bans job interviews. Bummer, that would have been a perfect opportunity.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
If Gailey is associated with his organization any longer I'll shoot people.

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Part of Pioli's master plan to take full control of the franchise.

Most coaches covet the GM role, and now we're seeing the opposite.

Brock
02-03-2009, 10:06 AM
If Gailey is associated with his organization any longer I'll shoot people.

He's going to be, so get that pea shooter loaded.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
If Gailey's not the HC, he will be OC at least, if not Asst HC. Especially since putting together a coaching staff will be a little more challenging so late in the game...

blueballs
02-03-2009, 10:20 AM

I'd imagine they had to appoint
someone inbetween Herm and the next guy
he's kinda the company shoe tree right now

Mr. Flopnuts
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
so your saying you rather have Dick Curl than Todd Haley

Ok. Busted. There are a lot of people I'd rather not hire than Haley, but of all the candidates discussed he's the worst. No. I take that back too. Paul Pastabelly is worse than Haley. So I'll quantify all of this by saying I REALLY hope we don't hire Haley.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
ROFL He thinks you're GoChiefs.

Heh, the avatar. I forgot.