PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With the #3 pick, the Chiefs select...

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Since it's Groundhog day, let's cue the same damn arguments all over again.

Latest mock draft from FoxSports. LOL.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9168376/A-very-early-NFL-mock-draft?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162ATT=23

3. Kansas City: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas, Senior
I've got the versatile Orakpo (he could either play DE or outside linebacker) going MUCH earlier than some of the other pundits out there. I've seen him pegged as low as No. 20 on some sites. But Kansas City had the absolute worst pass rush in the league last season, and combined for the least sacks for a unit since the NFL started tracking the statistic in the early '80s. Add Orakpo alongside Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali, and the D-Line might actually resemble a formidable unit next season. Or throw him at outside linebacker and let him run wild. He can do either. Scott Pioli took the best defensive player on the board last year — Jerod Mayo — and did so several spots ahead of where the mock draft "experts" thought he'd go. It worked out fairly well. He was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year. All those "problems" at quarterback? Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle are not the reasons the Chiefs stunk last year.

Dicky McElephant
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
So basically what he's saying......is that we should reach for someone who disappeared in the big game. Sweet!

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
So basically what he's saying......is that we should reach for someone who disappeared in the big game. Sweet!

But haven't you heard, there's no QB worth #3, and dude says Thigpen wasn't our problem last year?!?

King_Chief_Fan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9168376/A-very-early-NFL-mock-draft?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162ATT=23

I've got the versatile Orakpo (he could either play DE or outside linebacker) going MUCH earlier than some of the other pundits out there. I've seen him pegged as low as No. 20 on some sites. But Kansas City had the absolute worst pass rush in the league last season, and combined for the least sacks for a unit since the NFL started tracking the statistic in the early '80s. Add Orakpo alongside Glenn Dorsey and Tamba Hali, and the D-Line might actually resemble a formidable unit next season. Or throw him at outside linebacker and let him run wild. He can do either. Scott Pioli took the best defensive player on the board last year — Jerod Mayo — and did so several spots ahead of where the mock draft "experts" thought he'd go. It worked out fairly well. He was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year. All those "problems" at quarterback? Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle are not the reasons the Chiefs stunk last year.

wrong...Croyle did stink and he should not be on any NFL roster.

unothadeal
Sanchez going 19th?

blueballs
02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
it's ground hog day
-stop fucking with me

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Sanchez going 19th?

I know, there's no way the Jaguars, 49ers, Jets, AND the Bears pass on him.

No way.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
groundhog day was yesterday.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:30 AM

It's a joke. I feel like I'm stuck in that movie "Groundhog Day" cause everyday is the same regarding the Chiefs.

No news. Wild rumors. People scared to take a chance on a QB with #3. People foolishly arguing to trade down.

Same shit, every day. It's going to take forever for FA & the draft to actually get here...

blueballs
02-03-2009, 11:31 AM

you just think it's tomorrow
it's genious

RustShack
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Reach for need! /Signed Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson fans.

Coogs
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Sanchez going 19th?

They actually know he is going at #3 to the Chiefs. They intentionally dropped him down the list so all of the OT people and the trade down for defense people have more ammunition for the cause. In fact, this mock as probably done by our own kcbubb. :)

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I missed this the first time, he also projected Round Two.

34. Kansas City: Troy Kropog, Offensive Tackle, Tulane, Senior

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
They actually know he is going at #3 to the Chiefs. They intentionally dropped him down the list so all of the OT people and the trade down for defense people have more ammunition for the cause. In fact, this mock as probably done by our own kcbubb. :)

Hmm, you may be onto something. Except he didn't shuffle all the teams to account for all the trades in the Top 10.

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
THE DEAL IS DONE

OK GANG

TO THE SHIP

unothadeal
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
THE DEAL IS DONE

OK GANG

TO THE SHIP

This post pretty much sums up 2009.

CoMoChief
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM

FUCK OFF

Sam Hall
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I missed this the first time, he also projected Round Two.

34. Kansas City: Troy Kropog, Offensive Tackle, Tulane, Senior

I have no idea who that is.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
How about his reasoning for Sanchez falling?

19. Tampa Bay: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC, Senior

I know, I know. Sanchez is going as high as No. 3 to Kansas City on some other mock drafts. And yes, it seems absurd that he'd slip all the way to 19. But I'm not crazy about him as an NFL quarterback, and I'm not so certain NFL draft experts are either. Tampa Bay's QB spot is a mystery, and they did draft Josh Johnson a year ago. At 19, this is a risk worth taking. As for the other mock drafts, remember — most had Aaron Rodgers going second overall in 2005 and Brady Quinn going as high as first.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Gotta love his reasoning, "But I'm not crazy about him as an NFL quarterback".

Sounds like the same reasoning others on this board are using. Nothing real or tangible. Just "gut feeling".

Now that's how you build a team!

DeepSouth
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM
1. Aaron Curry LB
2. Alex Mack C
3. Herman Johnson G

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
1. Mark Sanchez, QB
2. Michael Johnson, DE
3. Jonathon Luigs, C

4 - 7: BPA, hopefully filling needs - LB, RT, WR, RB, DE

Pablo
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
1. OT
2. OG
3. C

4-7: Probably better get a few more backup tackles just in case, and I'd say we gotta look to draft another TE and probably another DT.

Sam Hall
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Clint Sintim
3. Jonathan Luigs

CoMoChief
02-03-2009, 12:58 PM
1. Aaron Curry LB
2. Alex Mack C
3. Herman Johnson G

I would be happy with that.

Thank god for not going with Dirty Sanchez or Matthew joke of a QB Stafford

Dinny Blues
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Gotta love his reasoning, "But I'm not crazy about him as an NFL quarterback".

Sounds like the same reasoning others on this board are using. Nothing real or tangible. Just "gut feeling".

Now that's how you build a team!

I couldn't disagree with you more, Ron.

Dinny

Gdaddy
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Chiefs could possibly be switching schemes to a 3-4 if Haley becomes coach. Orakpo would prob be outside linebacker. I would LOVE to see us switch to a 3-4 and pick up Suggs for the outside. I think a 3-4 switch would help DJ as well..... Dont believe Dorsey is big enough to be a NT though. On a different note, if we trade for Cassel I would like us pick up Crabtree. We need a true number 1 reciever. Look at AZ and PIT how important their receivers were?

Mr. Laz
02-03-2009, 01:13 PM
i'll say it again .... it would be worth it for Pioli to hire a spy to obtain a picture of each team's draft board so he can have a perfect flow chart about how the draft will fall.

we can trade up and down and get exactly who we want :D

Gdaddy
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
From Yahoo Sports: I LOVE IT!

27. Kansas City Chiefs. Chiefs fans should hope for an exciting trifecta: Hiring Todd Haley, trading for Cassel and drafting Michael Crabtree. Adding that to Dwayne Bowe, Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson would give them an offense certainly capable of captaining a big turnaround in a rather weak AFC West

Dicky McElephant
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Chiefs could possibly be switching schemes to a 3-4 if Haley becomes coach. Orakpo would prob be outside linebacker. I would LOVE to see us switch to a 3-4 and pick up Suggs for the outside. I think a 3-4 switch would help DJ as well..... Dont believe Dorsey is big enough to be a NT though. On a different note, if we trade for Cassel I would like us pick up Crabtree. We need a true number 1 reciever. Look at AZ and PIT how important their receivers were?

:spock:

Dicky McElephant
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM

27. Kansas City Chiefs. Chiefs fans should hope for an exciting trifecta: Hiring Todd Haley, trading for Cassel and drafting Michael Crabtree. Adding that to Dwayne Bowe, Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson would give them an offense certainly capable of captaining a big turnaround in a rather weak AFC West

Ummm....exactly what are we trading for Cassell?

Mr. Laz
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM

how ya gonna trade for Cassel and draft Crabtree since it's gonna talk a 1st round pick to get Cassel away from New England?

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more, Ron.

Dinny

I was being sarcastic, of course, and I can't tell if you have the same intent.

Scouts are all over the board on this, from what I can tell, but nothing really tangible.

Here's what footballsfuture.com says about him:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/mark_sanchez.html

Sanchez redshirted his first season with the Trojans, then threw just seven passes as a freshman in 2006. As a sophomore last year, he played in eight games(starting three for an injured John David Booty) and threw for 695 yards while completing 60.5% of his passes for seven scores and five interceptions. Sanchez took over as a junior, and had a phenomenal season. He was an All Pac 10 1st teamer after completing 65.8% of his passes for 3,207 yards and 34 touchdowns, with just ten interceptions.

Strengths

Sanchez has an impressive array of skills for a pocket passer. He has decent size and the toughness to sit in the pocket, along with the arm you see you the traditional pocket passer. He can make all the throws and is an efficient and accurate passer all over the field. What separates Sanchez from most guys that sit in the pocket is his athleticism and mobility. He will not win any races, but he has excellent feet and has the agility to elude the rush and can pick up some yardage on the ground. He is also very tough and will remain in the pocket as long as possible, and will try to pick up the extra yard when he tucks the ball away. Sanchez is also very intelligent and picked up USC’s pro style offense quickly.

Weaknesses

Sanchez is a work in progress, as he only has one year of starting experience. There is no substitue for game experience, and he is lacking a bit. That lack of experience has led to some weak spots in his game. Sanchez can get emotional, and get too pumped up at times, which can make his throws sail to his receivers. His toughness can also work against him at times. There have been too many occasions where he will put his shoulder down to pick up extra yards when running the football. He will need to protect himself more in the NFL and learn to get down or out of bounds. There may be some potential durability issues with Sanchez, as he dislocated his kneecap before the start of his junior season and had a broken thumb the year before.

Future

Sanchez’s blend of skills give him the potential to carry the franchise quarterback label. He can pick apart a defense from the pocket or get out and make things happen on the move. He will need time to develop his skills, and should be in a tight battle with Matthew Stafford until draft day for the right to be the first QB selected.

Crush
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I didn't know that kcbubb wrote for FOX Sports.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Ummm....exactly what are we trading for Cassell?

A conditional 3rd round that can turn into a 2nd based on performance...

I would still take Sanchez!!

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I would be happy with that.

Thank god for not going with Dirty Sanchez or Matthew joke of a QB Stafford

You're are so scared shitless of drafting a qb.

Here's you're take on Matt Ryan before the draft last season.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183424&highlight=matt+ryan&page=2

"If Matt Ryan is there at our pick we should trade with BAL":shake::rolleyes:

Now you don't think Stafford or Sanchez is any good. I've got news for you, they are both excellent prospects.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
how ya gonna trade for Cassel and draft Crabtree since it's gonna talk a 1st round pick to get Cassel away from New England?

I'm pretty sure we can get him for 2nd. Which is still too much IMO.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM

And this asshole is employed because...................

Just...fucking...DIE.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure we can get him for 2nd. Which is still too much IMO.

NO Cassel, NO Crabtree, and NO weak-assed DE from Texas. Period.

kcbubb
02-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I didn't know that kcbubb wrote for FOX Sports.

i'm often mistaken for a pro.

Fritz88
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM

wow. is he that bad? I fell in love with him for a while.

kcbubb
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
since most of you guys want to take Sanchez with the #3 pick. what is plan for Sakintosh (RT)??? He is getting older and probably will be worse next year. How do you replace him? hope that 4th round pick works?

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
since most of you guys want to take Sanchez with the #3 pick. what is plan for Sakintosh (RT)??? He is getting older and probably will be worse next year. How do you replace him? hope that 4th round pick works?

We start YOU. Congratulations; you now get to help shore up those line deficiencies.
No more talking, time to go to work. Do NOT disappoint!

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
NO Cassel, NO Crabtree, and NO weak-assed DE from Texas. Period.

Agreed. I would not mind having Orakpo if we traded down, which I don't think is going to happen, but if we did I would like to see Orakpo used at LB. He runs a 4.6 40, and could be used in 3-4 if we do indeed go that way. Again, a lot of ifs there, but if those things were to happen I wouldn't be pissed.

Delano
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM

Herb Taylor, a free agent, or a mid-round pick.

Easy solution.

warrior
02-03-2009, 03:44 PM

With the 3rd pick---NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Agreed. I would not mind having Orakpo if we traded down, which I don't think is going to happen, but if we did I would like to see Orakpo used at LB. He runs a 4.6 40, and could be used in 3-4 if we do indeed go that way. Again, a lot of ifs there, but if those things were to happen I wouldn't be pissed.

It's gonna' take a long while before we can ever truly "know" the mind of Pioli because the KC situation and the NE situation are 180 degrees from each other.

Now, there's a general consensus among those of us who want the 3rd overall to be used on a QB:

We recognize that our current pecking order in the draft and our lack of a legitimate pro-system QB demand that we MUST use this opportunity NOW.
I for one do not expect to see the Chiefs this high up on the order again as long as Pioli is our GM.
We also recognize that this years draft is loaded more heavily on the offensive side of the ball.
With next years draft looking much better for defensive picks, and understanding that you don't draft LB's, DE's, and linemen in the first round, it makes sense for us to wait until next year to begin looking at more franchise defensive players.

If we can see this, I'm sure Pioli can too. He'll do the right thing.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
It's gonna' take a long while before we can ever truly "know" the mind of Pioli because the KC situation and the NE situation are 180 degrees from each other.

Now, there's a general consensus among those of us who want the 3rd overall to be used on a QB:

We recognize that our current pecking order in the draft and our lack of a legitimate pro-system QB demand that we MUST use this opportunity NOW.
I for one do not expect to see the Chiefs this high up on the order again as long as Pioli is our GM.
We also recognize that this years draft is loaded more heavily on the offensive side of the ball.
With next years draft looking much better for defensive picks, and understanding that you don't draft LB's, DE's, and linemen in the first round, it makes sense for us to wait until next year to begin looking at more franchise defensive players.

If we can see this, I'm sure Pioli can too. He'll do the right thing.

I want a QB with that pick for sure. My post was a hypothetical considering that they are both gone. Which is an outside possibility, and trading down will be nearly impossible anyway so....

Micjones
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Our first draft selection should be a QB unless somehow both Sanchez and Stafford are off the board at #3.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Our first draft selection should be a QB unless somehow both Sanchez and Stafford are off the board at #3.

Totally agree. I can't believe there's actually people who don't want us to take one of them but.....

Micjones
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Totally agree. I can't believe there's actually people who don't want us to take one of them but.....

Pretty big risk, but winning is all about taking risks.

You've gotta have a franchise QB. It's time they pull the trigger.

Dinny Blues
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I was being sarcastic, of course, and I can't tell if you have the same intent.

No worries, mate.

It's just a play on words, which translates loosely to "Jim Rome is a turd."

Dinny

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Dut-Dud-da DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TRUE FANS UNITE!

http://kopper65.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/super-retard.jpg

chiefs99
02-03-2009, 04:33 PM
sign cassel
1. crabtree
2. paul kruger de utah
3. javon ringer rb mich state
4. rhett bomar qb sam houston state
5. jason phillips ilb tcu
6. garrett Reynolds t north carolina
7. kyle moore de usc

Delano
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
sign cassel
1. crabtree
2. paul kruger de utah
7. kyle moore de usc

Log off and run away from the computer. Trust me, noob. Just do it.

Dicky McElephant
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
sign cassel
1. crabtree
2. paul kruger de utah
7. kyle moore de usc

ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
sign cassel
1. crabtree
2. paul kruger de utah
7. kyle moore de usc

"Your words sound like the braying of an ass"!!!!!

http://movies.lovetoknow.com/wiki/images/Movies/thumb/f/f3/Killbill2still.jpg/300px-Killbill2still.jpg

chiefscafan
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
that would be an awesome name for a air it out play 77 rocket ride on one ready. Plus I love that kiss song with ace's guitar intro and solo amazing.

ChiefRon
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
McShay weighs in with his latest (feb 2):

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14): Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
Tyler Thigpen might not be the long-term answer at quarterback for the Chiefs, but it's hard to imagine new GM Scott Pioli veering from the "Patriot way" he learned during his time in New England. Drafting a defensive lineman like DE Everette Brown or DT B.J. Raji is a possibility, and beefing up the offensive line isn't out of the question, either. But the Chiefs spent a pair of first-round picks on those spots last year, and Pioli hit a home run with the first-round pick of linebacker Jerod Mayo in New England last season. Plus, Curry has the versatility Pioli looks for, and he fits an area of need.

it's on espn.com now (an insider article but you get to see the first few picks)...

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
that would be an awesome name for a air it out play 77 rocket ride on one ready. Plus I love that kiss song with ace's guitar intro and solo amazing.

You Sir, have exquisite taste! Hit It!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkYnKzOx5dY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkYnKzOx5dY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CupidStunt
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Curry would be such a terrible pick. If the Chiefs can't get a QB or stud pass-rusher, the "best talent" they should be taking is Malcolm Jenkins, not Curry. Economically and football smart, and Jenkins is much better.

Mecca
02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Curry would be such a terrible pick. If the Chiefs can't get a QB or stud pass-rusher, the "best talent" they should be taking is Malcolm Jenkins, not Curry. Economically and football smart, and Jenkins is much better.

Hey look at that we agree about something.

LiL stumppy
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Wrong, he didn't look to bad, other than his glass body.

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
The latest mock from www.walterfootball.com:

1. Sanchez, QB, USC
2. Michael Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
3. Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama

I could live with that.

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
The latest mock from Yahoo, http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-draftmock020409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Chiefs GM Scott Pioli may take a page from the book of his former co-worker, Thomas Dimitroff, and bring in a franchise quarterback at pick No. 3 to begin the re-building process in Kansas City. Stafford possesses a big-time arm and the ability to make all the throws.

Round 2
35. Kansas City Chiefs: Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois
The Chiefs finished the 2008 season with the fewest sacks in the NFL (10). English can help.