PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Spinoff: Tags...A Poll.

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I personally liked the tags. Thought they were funny. I think bringing them back would be a good distraction during the off season at least.

Your thoughts?

Poll forthcoming.

Buck
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
The tags were the best part.

Buck
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Um, AustinChief voted yes, that should be enough right there right?

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Um, AustinChief voted yes, that should be enough right there right?

Daface...Make it happen. :)

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Why were they taken from us in the beginning? Tag abuse?

FAX

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I wonder if there's a way the thread starter can disallow tags?

Daface?

Buck

FAX

I'm not sure why.

People were complaining about the content in the Tags, yet anything that can be said in the tags can be said in any post here, censorship still applies to them.

They need to bring them back.

Gonzo

FAX

Some people had sand in their tag-gina Mr. Fax.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I thought they were great. I remember the tags from that contentious smoking thread in DC - funny as hell. LMAO

DaFace
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
If they ever come back, I'm done as a mod. They were WAY too much trouble to keep in line.

seclark
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
If they ever come back, I'm done as a mod. They were WAY too much trouble to keep in line.

end of thread.
sec

Buck
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM

http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm.jpg

morphius
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Actually, if you want tags so bad, build your own BB and then you can deal with them.

seclark
02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Actually, if you want tags so bad, build your own BB and then you can deal with them.

again...end of thread.
sec

Buck
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

COLD BLOODED

http://glennkenny.premiere.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/17/cold_blooded.jpg

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM

:(

RIP Tags....You will be missed.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
You guys won't let us have any fun. :(

:evil:

FAX
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm curious as to why they are so difficult to deal with - mod-wise, you know?

Any mod-data that could mod-shed some mod-light on this mod-query would be appreciated.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought they could be fun, but I think it also gave some people carte blanche to be assholes.

I was personally offended in one of my threads by it. When I was forced to put my cat down because of liver failure following a tough sickness, some person on here thought it would be funny to tag my thread "Die Mille, Die."

That's not funny. And in a time of grief, I was disheartened to say the least.

Buck
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought they could be fun, but I think it also gave some people carte blanche to be assholes.

I was personally offended in one of my threads by it. When I was forced to put my cat down because of liver failure following a tough sickness, some person on here thought it would be funny to tag my thread "Die Mille, Die."

Probably Sedated, he is a dick, well at least when it comes to dying pets.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM

I don't care. It wasn't funny, and it never will be. I was genuinely appalled that someone would put that sentiment in a thread about a dying pet. I voted "No," because I think there's a number of people here that aren't adult enough, or don't have enough sense, to use them appropriately.

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Sounds right.

Buck
02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't care. It wasn't funny, and it never will be. I was genuinely appalled that someone would put that sentiment in a thread about a dying pet. I voted "No," because I think there's a number of people here that aren't adult enough, or don't have enough sense, to use them appropriately.

All good points.

However, if he had just posted in the thread saying Die, Millie, Die instead of making it a tag, would you not have been just as offended?

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:29 PM
All good points.

However, if he had just posted in the thread saying Die, Millie, Die instead of making it a tag, would you not have been just as offended?

Yes, I would have. But I think the tags gives people the opportunity to be assholes without having people know they're assholes. Had someone done that as a post, he/she would have been berated through and through, and likely received a number of neg reps.

That was the point of my post - I think it gives people a blank canvas for doing things they wouldn't normally do under the guise of anonymity.

I'm not a fan of anonymity. If you're not willing to say it with your name attached, you shouldn't say it.

Buck
02-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes, I would have. But I think the tags gives people the opportunity to be assholes without having people know they're assholes. Had someone done that as a post, he/she would have been berated through and through, and likely received a number of neg reps.

That was the point of my post - I think it gives people a blank canvas for doing things they wouldn't normally do under the guise of anonymity.

I'm not a fan of anonymity. If you're not willing to say it with your name attached, you shouldn't say it.

Ahh, that makes sense.

DaFace
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm curious as to why they are so difficult to deal with - mod-wise, you know?

Any mod-data that could mod-shed some mod-light on this mod-query would be appreciated.

FAX

Pretty much this type of thing.

The mods were getting PM's from people asking they be disabled, and we basically had to "police" them on every thread because that kind of stuff was running rampant. People are inconsiderate enough on here as is. Adding a layer of anonymity to it just made a mess.

DaFace
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I guess I could always mention (again) that the intended purpose for tags is to optimize our search engine. As in, a thread about Cassell potentially coming to the Chiefs would be tagged "Matt Cassell" "New England Patriots" and "Kansas City Chiefs". That way, people looking for all the threads about Cassell could find them really quickly.

On most boards where I've actually seen them active, they've been a mod only thing or people had to choose among a list of mod-defined tags.

Pestilence
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
There isn't a way to make the tags traceable back to a username?

DaFace
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
There isn't a way to make the tags traceable back to a username?

I oughtta just go back and bump the old thread on this. This is all just rehashing of the original.

But no, there's not. It's stored in the db somewhere, but you'd have to actually dig through the SQL tables to get to it. So, if someone wants to rewrite the vBulletin front-end to append them to the posts, go right ahead.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I guess I could always mention (again) that the intended purpose for tags is to optimize our search engine. As in, a thread about Cassell potentially coming to the Chiefs would be tagged "Matt Cassell" "New England Patriots" and "Kansas City Chiefs". That way, people looking for all the threads about Cassell could find them really quickly.

On most boards where I've actually seen them active, they've been a mod only thing or people had to choose among a list of mod-defined tags.

What about giving certain "trusted" users the ability to add tags?

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
WTF is a tag?

seclark
02-03-2009, 03:01 PM
What about giving certain "trusted" users the ability to add tags?

a "tag team" if you will?
sec

FAX
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Mr. DaFace. Given the new information that has recently come to light, I would like to revise and extend my remarks and change my vote.

Fire good. Tags bad.

FAX

seclark
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
WTF is a tag?

Buck
02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
WTF is a tag?

At the bottom of every thread there used to be a section called Tags. They are sort of like keywords for searching for threads.

However, they were hardly ever used how they were supposed to be, and most of the time they were just comical, but in certain cases, they were downright rude.

If you want to see a tag, check out this thread, just scroll down to the bottom of the thread and you'll see what it is.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=65662

Ari Chi3fs
02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Tags: DaFace is a Pussy, Fire Me Boy! has South Carolina sand in his vagina, Fatzod loves tags, I tagged your mom

Buck
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Even better.

If you check this thread and go to the very bottom and click the tag, it will bring up all other threads with the same tag.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=65654

Buck
02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Tags: DaFace is a Pussy, Fire Me Boy! has South Carolina sand in his vagina, Fatzod loves tags, I tagged your mom

Ahh, good ol' tags.

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Well, then again...I suppose they were a little immature. ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Ahh, good ol' tags.

I don't see the big deal.:shrug:

Frazod
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM

LMAO

You suck, but you're funny.

blueballs
02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
They could be a money raising tool
donate so much you can add tags
i'd keep out the n00bs

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
They sound funny but I see why they were eliminated

blueballs
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM