PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rumor: Ferenz rumor from NFL live...

melbar
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Michael Smith from Hawaii speculates that Ferenz could still be in the mix. Smith says that there are many rumors with Ferenz maybe putting up smoke screen till after national signing day so as to not hurt recruiting for Iowa by promoting from within after signing day. Said its definately more rumor than fact, but his name keeps coming up.

Also say Haley and Gailey are in the mix with Haley still being fav with no in person meeting set, but being free to chat on the phone with his old friend.

All went on to say Haley is an excellent candidate and has conducted himself with swagger and the ability of a head coach to be in players faces and demand respect. Give him credit for Warners resurgance...

That is all for now..

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM
So if it is Ferentz then we should know by tomorrow night or Thursday since National Signing today is tomorrow

Woodrow Call
02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
It has crossed my mind but that is a pretty dirty thing to do to those recruits.

BigRedChief
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
It has crossed my mind but that is a pretty dirty thing to do to those recruits.
Agreed. But SOP.

CupidStunt
02-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Blah blah blah. It'll be Haley. Nuff said.

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I would imagine that the NCAA would allow the recruits to switch colleges if that were to happen wouldn't they?

talastan
02-03-2009, 02:29 PM

I don't necessarily think so, if they promote within whose to say someone like Ferentz already within the Iowa football organization would be bad. Probably would continue the same schemes, staff, etc.

Marco Polo
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Two things about Ferentz:

1. Ferentz is the ultimate class act. There is no way he would do this AFTER signing day.

2. There is no one within the Iowa organization that would be promotable to head coach so Iowa would have to let go everyone from their LOI.

Bottom Line: I really don't think Ferentz is going anywhere this offseason but stranger things have happened.

warrior
02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
And the new flavor today--------------------Ferentz :D

Steron
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Pioli smoke and mirrors.

JuicesFlowing
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I love rumors. This off season has been epic so far.

talastan
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I love rumors. This off season has been epic so far.

At least we're having an offseason worthy of decent rumors unlike the past!!

Frosty
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Watch. It'll end up being someone completely out of the blue, like Jim Harbaugh. :)

mikeyis4dcats.
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM

1. Ferentz is the ultimate class act. There is no way he would do this AFTER signing day.

2. There is no one within the Iowa organization that would be promotable to head coach so Iowa would have to let go everyone from their LOI.

Bottom Line: I really don't think Ferentz is going anywhere this offseason but stranger things have happened.

players sign a letter of intent with a school not a coach. A player may ask to be released from his LOI, but that would require him to sit our a year at the school he ends up at.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I would imagine that the NCAA would allow the recruits to switch colleges if that were to happen wouldn't they?

NO.

googlegoogle
02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
haley

bdeg
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM

I bet they would promote Norm Parker.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
"Hey! Putta' some mo' fuggin' olives on that sub"!

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/toddhaley300jan21.jpg

DTLB58
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
You beat me to this thread, was gonna start the same thing.

I just think it's focking hilarious that nobody has a clue.

Bringing up Ferentz's name and then saying there is nothing more to this than rumor, is just someone grasping at straws to try and come up with names for a story.

Nobody has proof that Haley has sat down with Pioli. It's all well, he has been free to talk on the phone.....:eek: Who are we kidding? Do you actually think we are going to hire someone over the phone?

The other name mentioned was Gailey and that's probably just because there was a report that we denied the Bucs permmision to talk with him.

Clark and Scott got the NFL media types squirming in their pants. ROFL

Warrior5
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
This is hilarious... NFL paparazzi and gossip.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Blah blah blah. It'll be Haley. Nuff said.
link?

CupidStunt
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
link?

Call it a gut feeling. Paypal me $110.99 and I'll shit my guts, send them to you and you can take a look.

keg in kc
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Take a shot for every rumor we hear this week. We'll all be drunk by midnight, and it'll carry through friday.

alanm
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I would imagine that the NCAA would allow the recruits to switch colleges if that were to happen wouldn't they?I believe once they sign their on the hook for the season. Ferenz would screw them royally if that were to happen. ROFL
Plus it wouldn't do much for his reputation. Recruit a class to Iowa and then skip town to KC. :shake:

wazu
02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Call it a gut feeling. Paypal me $110.99 and I'll shit my guts, send them to you and you can take a look.

ROFL

Awesome.

MahiMike
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Haley and Gailey. Funny. But it is a probable they'll both be on the sidelines next year.

whoman69
02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Any rumor involving Ferentz can only be characterized as a false trail to lead the really stupid people off the real story. Michael Smith, raise your hand.

blueballs
02-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Why would any one want to leave the land
of frozen corn on the stalk

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM

Why indeed? Heaven on Earth I tell you!:doh!:

kcfanintitanhell
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
If Ferentz bolts from Iowa to the Chiefs, you can flame away, but it's just not gonna happen, unless his son can come with him. He's got a sweet situation in Iowa City, his son is playing football there, he's got a shitload of starters returning this coming year, and, due to the fact that the Hawkeyes always fly under the national media radar until they are kicking ass in November( which may very well happen this year), why would he do it?
JMO, and save this reply for posterity when he takes the Chiefs job.

:D

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
If Ferentz bolts from Iowa to the Chiefs, you can flame away, but it's just not gonna happen, unless his son can come with him. He's got a sweet situation in Iowa City, his son is playing football there, he's got a shitload of starters returning this coming year, and, due to the fact that the Hawkeyes always fly under the national media radar until they are kicking ass in November( which may very well happen this year), why would he do it?
JMO, and save this reply for posterity when he takes the Chiefs job.

:D

We're not exactly chomping at the bit for the guy, so the feeling is mutual.:p

whoman69
02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Why indeed? Heaven on Earth I tell you!:doh!:

Could be Fargo.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Could be Fargo.

I get pissed when it snows six inches; Fargo is NOT for DCS!:D

alanm
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Any rumor involving Ferentz can only be characterized as a false trail to lead the really stupid people off the real story. Michael Smith, raise your hand.He's got a sweet gig at Iowa. He could stay there for as long as he wants. Provided he takes Iowa to a bowl more times that not. Why would he f*ck that up and take a job with the Chiefs?
College coachs, if sucessful, Have the best head coaching jobs there are.

old_geezer
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM

To enter the land of foam rubber tommahawks, of course.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
He's got a sweet gig at Iowa. He could stay there for as long as he wants. Provided he takes Iowa to a bowl more times that not. Why would he f*ck that up and take a job with the Chiefs?
College coachs, if sucessful, Have the best head coaching jobs there are.

And I'm completely fine with that. I never even heard of the guy until a month ago. "Mark Ferenz"???????? Who the fuck is THAT?

This guy's really shaking the pillars of heaven, I tell you!:doh!:

kcfanintitanhell
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
And I'm completely fine with that. I never even heard of the guy until a month ago. "Mark Ferenz"???????? Who the **** is THAT?

This guy's really shaking the pillars of heaven, I tell you!:doh!:

The first 2 years or so at Iowa was comparable, W-L wise, to Herm's tenure. For one reason or the other, he kept his job, and if memory serves, didn't even have a binding contract for part of that time: Iowa could have cut him loose, no strings attached. But they stuck with him, and that's another reason why he won't bolt for KC-there's a certain amount of loyalty to the people at Iowa who stuck with him, when they could have dumped him.

whoman69
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
He wasn't fired because when he came on there wasn't a single offensive lineman on scholarship. Hayden Fry loaded up for a championship run that never was and left the cupboard pretty bare.

Darth CarlSatan, you must not have been in Sanchez Nation very long because Iowa played USC in the Orange Bowl in Carson Palmer's senior year.

dirk digler
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Ferentz indicates he is not coming here

"Unless I get hit by a truck, I’ll see you on March 25 (the first day of spring practice). If I get hit by a truck, I can’t help you there. But my plans are to be here."

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
He wasn't fired because when he came on there wasn't a single offensive lineman on scholarship. Hayden Fry loaded up for a championship run that never was and left the cupboard pretty bare.

Darth CarlSatan, you must not have been in Sanchez Nation very long because Iowa played USC in the Orange Bowl in Carson Palmer's senior year.

I never watched a USC game until I had to go scouting for a quarterback.