PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl will speak for DT at HOF

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
DT's mom just said this on 810

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

FAX
02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
That's a shame. It should be Marty, at least. This is bad.

FAX

Donger
02-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Meh. Better than Herm.

Fruit Ninja
I am fine with that. It was Carl's biggest pick of his career.

jAZ
As it should be.

Basileus777
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
There's nothing wrong with this. Carl and DT were close, Carl's incompetence as a GM has absolutely nothing to do with Derrick's induction into the HOF. Derrick's own mother made the choice.

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 05:28 PM

FAX

Yep.

unothadeal
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with this. Carl and DT were close, Carl's incompetence as a GM has absolutely nothing to do with Derrick's induction into the HOF. Derrick's own mother made the choice.

If that is his real mother. :hmmm:

memyselfI
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I am no fan of CP but if DT's Mom had anything to do with the choice and she chose him then who the hell is anyone to complain or question the choice? I know when DT died Carl often said he felt like he lost a son. I think the pick is appropriate and I'm sure he will represent DT well.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Meh. Better than Herm.

????????????

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Not surprising.

I have been shocked had it been anyone else.

ZootedGranny
I have no problem with the pick as long as Carl keeps the self congratulation to a minimum.

unothadeal
????????????

Well isn't it?

Darth CarlSatan
If that is his real mother. :hmmm:

Good lord...:spock:

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Well isn't it?

What the FUCK would Herm have to do with this scenario in any way, shape, or form?

unothadeal
02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Good lord...:spock:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201639

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201639

My current attention-span will not allow me read that. Sorry.

FAX
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Just wait and see, Planeteers. Carl will turn this into a "look at me and my awesome drafting abilities" moment in the sun.

If he doesn't, I will ask Mr. Mr. Flopnuts to pull out all the remaining hairs from his nutsack.

FAX

kcfanXIII
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
i was hoping for marty, since everyone still has such a bad carl after-taste right now. but if this is what his mother wanted i'm not going to complain.

kcfanXIII
02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Just wait and see, Planeteers. Carl will turn this into a "look at me and my awesome drafting abilities" moment in the sun.

If he doesn't, I will ask Mr. Mr. Flopnuts to pull out all the remaining hairs from his nutsack.

FAX

i've never wanted anyone to eat crow this bad before. if CP ruins this moment for chiefs fans and more importantly thomas' family, this place might implode.

kstater
02-03-2009, 05:39 PM

FAX

Is there any question he won't?

"When I selected DT, I knew he was going to be a swell player. After I chose him, we went on a run in the 90's where I put together a team that won a lot of games."

seaofred
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm a little surprised, but if it's what his mom wanted then I have no problem with it. I wonder if any of his children will be there?

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Not surprising.

I was just hoping it wouldn't be CP. What a downer.

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm a little surprised, but if it's what his mom wanted then I have no problem with it. I wonder if any of his children will be there?

She said all of them will be there plus her 4 kids.

FAX
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
i've never wanted anyone to eat crow this bad before. if CP ruins this moment for chiefs fans and more importantly thomas' family, this place might implode.

Well, I'm very hopeful that he doesn't, Mr. kcfanXIII. But, I've spent far too much time listening to Carl to believe that he won't use this opportunity to pat himself on the back.

I'd rather see Marty, to be honest. I think he would give a very emotional and powerful speech. Nevertheless, as wiser men than I have said, it's up to his mom and if Carl is her choice, so be it.

FAX

Demonpenz
02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
the only thing That I wouldn't mind hearing out of carl is a death rattle

Guru
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
hell, I would take horseface over carl

Basileus777
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
hell, I would take horseface over carl

You'd rather have John fucking Elway speak for Derrick Thomas during his induction into the HOF?

:shake:

Tiger's Fan
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Is there any question he won't?

"When I selected DT, I knew he was going to be a swell player. After I chose him, we went on a run in the 90's where I put together a team that won a lot of games."

Then he'll pop the collar on his leather jacket.

Guru
02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
You'd rather have John ****ing Elway speak for Derrick Thomas during his induction into the HOF?

:shake:Over Carl? Yes I would. He would have some great stories about him too. Those two had a great rapport.

luv
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM

FAX

This.

CoMoChief
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Good, now we all get to boo his ass when goes up there in front of the football Gods.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Over Carl? Yes I would. He would have some great stories about him too. Those two had a great rapport.

It definitely strikes a sour tone/mood.

Micjones
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Carl's going to take his moment in the sun.
I have no doubt in my mind.

I think I would've preferred Marty myself, but his mother made the choice so I have no bone to pick with it.

blueballs
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
It's only right and fair
unless he wears DT's gold jacket
then off with his head

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
It's only right and fair
unless he wears DT's gold jacket
then off with his head

Motion seconded.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Good, now we all get to boo his ass when goes up there in front of the football Gods.

As long as he keeps it about DT, I'll be cool with it.

I've been thinking about this since last year, and I feel that in lieu of Derrick's physical presence, we the fans should be able to submit a short speech for review by all parties involved, and the winner should be allowed to get up there and represent.

I could drive home the points better in 5 minutes than Carl could all day.

EyePod
02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I've can't believe we have a reason to say it again, but....

DAMNIT CARL!!!

Will his wrath ever stop?

stevieray
02-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Very cool....DT and Carl were close....

..can't get much of a better endorsement that Derrick's mom..

HemiEd
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
agreed 100%

JASONSAUTO
02-03-2009, 06:54 PM
agreed 100%

ME TOO

stevieray
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM

I won't be anywhere near a Chief fan that does that...it would make us all look bad, IMO.

JASONSAUTO
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO PUNCH ANYONE that does that.

FYP:D if you would boo on DT's day then you arent a chiefs fan in my book

DaKCMan AP
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't have a problem with this.

R&GHomer
02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I won't be anywhere near a Chief fan that does that...it would make us all look bad, IMO.

I agree, this has nothing to do with our collective hatred of Carl.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree, this has nothing to do with our collective hatred of Carl.

Juxtaposition much? :D

Luke the Drifter
02-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Now, we all just must remember that Mr. Peterson drafted Derrick in the first round in the 1989 draft. His very first pick. Now I think it is very fitting that Mr. Peterson speaks for Derrick at the Hall of Fame Ceremonies. Am I wrong here fellow CP's? I know that many of you dislike Mr. Peterson but I for one remember how terrible the Chiefs were before he came to Kansas City. Does anyone remember Frank Ganz? Yes, we have had some bad year here recently. But we did well with Marty and Dick. We didn't make it back to the SB but we were not bottom dwellers like we are now. Yes, I believe that the game has moved past Mr. Peterson but we all have to move on from time to time. CeePee

Frazod
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Personally, I would have preferred Marty, but I'm OK with this.

As long as he isn't speaking for the Chiefs any longer, I really don't care what he does.

JASONSAUTO
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Now, we all just must remember that Mr. Peterson drafted Derrick in the first round in the 1989 draft. His very first pick. Now I think it is very fitting that Mr. Peterson speaks for Derrick at the Hall of Fame Ceremonies. Am I wrong here fellow CP's? I know that many of you dislike Mr. Peterson but I for one remember how terrible the Chiefs were before he came to Kansas City. Does anyone remember Frank Ganz? Yes, we have had some bad year here recently. But we did well with Marty and Dick. We didn't make it back to the SB but we were not bottom dwellers like we are now. Yes, I believe that the game has moved past Mr. Peterson but we all have to move on from time to time. CeePee

good post nOOb(if you arent a dupe)

ROYC75
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Not surprising.

This !

theorangelion
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Is this guy for real he must be a dupe!:cuss:

MahiMike
02-03-2009, 07:14 PM
He's the right one to do it. The 2 made each other.

KCChiefsMan
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I am no fan of CP but if DT's Mom had anything to do with the choice and she chose him then who the hell is anyone to complain or question the choice? I know when DT died Carl often said he felt like he lost a son. I think the pick is appropriate and I'm sure he will represent DT well.

good point

Luke the Drifter
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
good post nOOb(if you arent a dupe)

Mr. Jasonsauto, excuse this old man who is new to forums. What is a dupe?
If this means a fake well excuse me I saw Lenny Dawson play in the double overtime game with the Miami Dolphins when I was 15 with my Dad. It was the last game in the old Municipal Stadium. What a heart breaker that was when that foreigner beat us with a field goal. I'm a pure old fashion Chiefs fan. Yes, I'm new to computers and forums but I know buckets about the Chiefs.:shake:

stevieray
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
If this means a fake well excuse me I saw Lenny Dawson play in the double overtime game with the Miami Dolphins when I was 15 with my Dad. It was the last game in the old Municipal Stadium. What a heart breaker that was when that foreigner beat us with a field goal. I'm a pure old fashion Chiefs fan. Yes, I'm new to computers and forums but I know buckets about the Chiefs.:shake:

he meant impersonating another poster...you're fine..

and welcome to the planet!...it can get kinda rough so take most things with a grain of salt..

sedated
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
let's hope king carl can project some of his arrogance outward for once

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Now, we all just must remember that Mr. Peterson drafted Derrick in the first round in the 1989 draft. His very first, and only worthy pick. Now I think it is very fitting that Mr. Peterson speaks for Derrick at the Hall of Fame Ceremonies, because acquiring Derrick was an Ace card that Mr. Peterson could use, time and again, to justify his other, myriad failures. Am I wrong here fellow CP's? I know that many of you dislike Mr. Peterson but I for one remember how terrible the Chiefs were before he came to Kansas City. Does anyone remember Frank Ganz? Yes, we have had some bad year here recently. But we did well with Marty and Dick. We didn't make it back to the SB but we were not bottom dwellers like we are now. Yes, I believe that the game has moved past Mr. Peterson, and that the last 10 years of his tenure were an absolute fraud, but we all have to move on from time to time. CeePee

FYP.

And now we agree.:clap:

DaKCMan AP
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
FYP.

And now we agree.:clap:

Come on, no need to be stupid.

JASONSAUTO
02-03-2009, 07:53 PM

HEY if you are a new person to the board forgive me no offense intended, welcome and look forward to your takes on this wonderful new beginning for OUR CHIEFS

Deberg_1990
02-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I was kind of hoping Shannon Sharpe would do it.

FAX
02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
The thing is that Marty was closer to the action. He was the one who worked most closely with DT and their relationship was special.

For example, I remember watching an NFL Films feature of a game in which Marty was miked. At one point late in the contest, Marty told DT he needed the ball, DT put his helmet on, and entered the game. On either the next play or one very soon thereafter, DT caused a fumble and delivered the ball just as Marty requested. Unbelievable. I don't recall who we were playing, but I remember the event.

That kind of experience doesn't grow on trees. That's why I think Marty could give a speech that could capture just what kind of player DT really was. I'm not sure Carl can.

FAX

Brock
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Who else was going to do it, Neil Mushmouth Smith?

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
The thing is that Marty was closer to the action. He was the one who worked most closely with DT and their relationship was special.

For example, I remember watching an NFL Films feature of a game in which Marty was miked. At one point late in the contest, Marty told DT he needed the ball, DT put his helmet on, and entered the game. On either the next play or one very soon thereafter, DT caused a fumble and delivered the ball just as Marty requested. Unbelievable. I don't recall who we were playing, but I remember the event.

That kind of experience doesn't grow on trees. That's why I think Marty could give a speech that could capture just what kind of player DT really was. I'm not sure Carl can.

FAX

At about the 1:00 mark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ozf004Fn3Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ozf004Fn3Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

blueballs
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
How do you feel about Tim

bevis369
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Mr Hankey the Christmas poo...Chefs:Rader: I believe in mr. Hankey...

bevis369
02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Do you know Mr Hankey the Christmas POO..

bevis369
02-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Are you full of fiber...ROFLROFLROFLWooWoo:spank::hump:ChefsChefsChefsChefsChefs

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Who else was going to do it, Neil Mushmouth Smith?

I figured Carl would be the one I was just hoping it wasn't.

But I think Marty would have been great or Neil even though he isn't the best speaker but those 2 guys were brothers on the field and off the field.

FAX
02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
At about the 1:00 mark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ozf004Fn3Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ozf004Fn3Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That looks familiar for some reason, Mr. DeezNutz.

FAX

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Heist and redirection of earlier posts to thier proper placement:

I was kind of hoping Shannon Sharpe would do it.

Come on, no need to be stupid.Now, to the meat of the matter:

FAX

This! Yes! Exactly! Cordoba! :thumb:

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
That looks familiar for some reason, Mr. DeezNutz.

FAX

I'm sure it's a repost.

Of course, it might also be an ancillary benefit of the mushrooms we consumed back in '77, right after I smacked that dumbass whose eyebrow twitching intruded on my concentration.

big nasty kcnut
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Meh. It's carl last duty in his failed age of peterson. Let us enjoy dt day.
Posted via Mobile Device

EyePod
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Meh. It's carl last duty in his failed age of peterson. Let us enjoy dt day.
Posted via Mobile Device

NO!! I want him gone from every freaking aspect of the Chiefs. His greasyness will be on DT forever now. It's so terrible.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
NO!! I want him gone from every freaking aspect of the Chiefs. His greasyness will be on DT forever now. It's so terrible.

I feel your pain. I was looking forward to a very heartfelt and deep presentation for Derrick. With Carl, it's gonna' feel like the traveling snake oil salesman just happened to be in town, and got yanked up onstage at the last moment to fill in.

Every word, true or not, shall drip with "Carlness", and confuse my head and heart to the point where what would have been a great moment for the Chiefs Nation and for me, will become simmering anger bordering on unmeasurable hatred.

And thus, the last great skid-mark of the Peterson era will find it's greatest and most permanent home.

We just can't get rid of the fucker.:cuss:

Mr. Flopnuts
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
As it should be.

Yeah, I agree. DT called Carl "Father". I can't think of anyone better.

dirk digler
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
We just can't get rid of the fucker.:cuss:

That pretty much sums it up.

dtebbe
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I agree. DT called Carl "Father". I can't think of anyone better.

The "father" comment was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this thread title. I don't care much for Carl, but it's clear the DT thought a great deal of him, and he should be the one who speaks for him.

Now, I wonder if we can arrange a B-52 flyover during the induction.. how kick ass would that be?

DT

Mr. Flopnuts
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
The "father" comment was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this thread title. I don't care much for Carl, but it's clear the DT thought a great deal of him, and he should be the one who speaks for him.

Now, I wonder if we can arrange a B-52 flyover during the induction.. how kick ass would that be?

DT

Maybe we can get W. to give Carl a tshirt right before he starts his speech, then demand he pay for it immediately.

Sam Hall
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
The thing about Peterson is we have a good idea of what he will say. I was looking forward to Marty. That would've been special.

Darth CarlSatan
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe we can get W. to give Carl a tshirt right before he starts his speech, then demand he pay for it immediately.

ROFL

dtebbe
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM

:hmmm: Hmmmm... I have a bunch of Dammit Carl! T-shirts left! ROFL

DT

Mr. Flopnuts
02-03-2009, 10:10 PM
:hmmm: Hmmmm... I have a bunch of Dammit Carl! T-shirts left! ROFL

DT

Dude you should send those to some charity organization in the Dominican Republic immediately. Those are beyond vintage, Chiefs fans everywhere will punch anyone they see wearing them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, Carl fucking who?

Luke the Drifter
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
HEY if you are a new person to the board forgive me no offense intended, welcome and look forward to your takes on this wonderful new beginning for OUR CHIEFS

No offense taken Mr. JASONSAUTO. Glad to be here this is fun with all you cool Chiefs fans. Thanks for having me.:thumb:

unothadeal
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Carl should come out to this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2TADt0y5h8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2TADt0y5h8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PhillyChiefFan
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
If DT's mother made that call, I'm all for it.

Whoever does it, important part is that he is in. That is all I care about.