PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Cubs Suck!

Ari Chi3fs
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
I went to BOA.com thinking it was bank of america....

this picture popped up. Is this the new STL stadium?

http://boa.com/stl_090128.jpg

seclark
02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
yes
sec

ChiefsCountry
Yep that is St. Loser.

BigRedChief
I went to BOA.com thinking it was bank of america....

this picture popped up. Is this the new STL stadium?

http://boa.com/stl_090128.jpg
Yeah, its the area where they are suppose to build a restraunt/bar/club/office complex next to the stadium.

The passion runs deep among Cardinal fans.

Chief Henry
The franchise with 101 years of futility. No, not the Chiefs - its the cubs.

I love that picture.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
They've finally found a use for the "ballpark village."

It was supposed to be an upscale downtown development (not at all dissimilar from P&L), three years later it's still a gigantic fucking crater that fills with water and mosquitos every summer.

Just put that in the pile of BS with all those top-shelf FA acquisitions that ballpark was supposed to fund. So far we have Joel Piniero, Juan (Guano) Encarnacion, Adam Kennedy, Kip Wells and Kyle Lohse to show for such largesse. Power MFing players, baby!

David Glass has nothing on the lying sacks of !@#$ that own our ballclub.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
That's great. LMAO

I have a Cardinals mug with "CUBS SUCK" written on the bottom so everybody can see it when I take a sip. After last year I wrote "100" in the middle.

Being a Cardinals fan in Chicago is fun. :evil:

BigRedChief
02-04-2009, 08:39 AM

It was supposed to be an upscale downtown development (not at all dissimilar from P&L), three years later it's still a gigantic ****ing crater that fills with water and mosquitos every summer.

Just put that in the pile of BS with all those top-shelf FA acquisitions that ballpark was supposed to fund. So far we have Joel Piniero, Juan (Guano) Encarnacion, Adam Kennedy, Kip Wells and Kyle Lohse to show for such largesse. Power MFing players, baby!

We won the World Series two years ago. Same owners then as now. We aren't the friggin yankees we can't gamble on every high priced FA.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM

It was supposed to be an upscale downtown development (not at all dissimilar from P&L), three years later it's still a gigantic ****ing crater that fills with water and mosquitos every summer.

Its bc all of their cash flow is tied up in the ballpark.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2009, 08:53 AM
We won the World Series two years ago. Same owners then as now. We aren't the friggin yankees we can't gamble on every high proced FA.

Those were the same players that they had prior to the park that one that WS. They got their park and packed it in.

Since then (and really since 2004, when the park was approved and the talent has slowly drained away), they've tried to get by on bailing wire and duct tape.

Look at the 2004 team and compare it to the current model. They have downgraded almost literally across the board, it's really shocking to see.

The fans fulfilled their promises, the owners haven't. Remember, these guys bought that club and the parking across the street for pennies. The sold the garages for what the entire team cost them a few years later. That team is now closing in on a billion dollar net value. Let's not act as though these guys are losing money. They may take an underwriting loss from time to time (even that's arguable when they're putting 'officers salaries' on their books), but they're making money hand over fist on the value of the organization.

They simply aren't reinvesting it in their product.

DJ's left nut
02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Its bc all of their cash flow is tied up in the ballpark.

So did they not consider that when DeWitt and Lamping went out there and told everyone that they'd be players for the major FA's if they get the park?

Buck
02-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Small Pics, but I thought I'd add to the convo...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/freakiak/2004-10-26garvey.jpg
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/images/2007/07/13/ndlnm446.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/171/384782634_1fba85a222.jpg?v=1171044959

oldandslow
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
And as a life long Card fan, I appreciate how the Padres seem to forget how to play baseball in the first round of the playoffs every time they meet us. Further, your dispatch of that Cub team was very helpful as well.

Mi_chief_fan
02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, its the area where they are suppose to build a restraunt/bar/club/office complex next to the stadium.

The passion runs deep among Cardinal fans.

I'm a lifelong Cards fan, and I don't hate the Cubs (just the media's misguided perception of them); i'm rather apathetic to them. To quote Mercury Morris before last year's Super Bowl, "Don't call when you're in my town, call when you're on my block."

Buck
02-04-2009, 11:28 AM
And as a life long Card fan, I appreciate how the Padres seem to forget how to play baseball in the first round of the playoffs every time they meet us. Further, your dispatch of that Cub team was very helpful as well.

Yes, I believe you guys are 9-1 against the Padres in the first round.

Amazingly, that only loss came in St. Louis.

I've been to 4 of the losses in San Diego.

I HATE THE FUCKING CARDINALS

Frazod
02-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes, I believe you guys are 9-1 against the Padres in the first round.

Amazingly, that only loss came in St. Louis.

I've been to 4 of the losses in San Diego.

I HATE THE FUCKING CARDINALS

But we love you guys...... :evil:

Buck
02-04-2009, 12:21 PM
But we love you guys...... :evil:

Ass.

The worst was in 2006 when we kicked your asses all over the field in the Regular Season.

BigRedChief
02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Ass.

The worst was in 2006 when we kicked your asses all over the field in the Regular Season.
Yeah you guys seem to kick our butts in the regular season and then we beat you like the poor stepchild in the playoffs.