PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Johnson: It's time to break ties with Chiefs

MIAdragon
02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
This may be in the monster LJ thread (and if so blow me)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9179770/Johnson:-It's-time-to-break-ties-with-Chiefs?MSNHPHMA

Larry Johnson wants out of Kansas City. He said so in no uncertain terms on Wednesday.

There's no sense delaying the inevitable," Johnson said on 610 Sports Radio's Chris and Cowboy show. "I just think it's time for us to break ties. They can go on and find what they want. And I can try to go on and rebuild my career and find what I want," said Johnson, in a lengthy interview.

He says when he signed a long-term, $45 million deal with the Chiefs before the 2007 season, he was told he'd get the bulk of the carries, but is unhappy with his diminished role in the shotgun offense.

He went on to say he preferred to play elsewhere, but settled for staying in Kansas City after seeing Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James having trouble getting work.

He also expressed frustration with the Chiefs over trade rumors throughout his career and the overhaul expected under new GM Scott Pioli and whoever winds up coaching the team.

"I'd rather just play somewhere else. I don't belong on this rebuilding team ... I'm not getting any younger and this team is getting a lot younger."

Asked where he'd like to go, he said either the Cowboys or somewhere on the East Coast.

"My mom's a big Dallas Cowboys fan, that's always been a big option of mine."

Ok so where does he go and what do we get for him?

missinDThomas
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
peace

seclark
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM

wtf??? playing for the cowboys is an "option"?
sec

MiDW3sT
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Add Tony G to the list too. He wants out

DrRyan
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Get the **** out LJ. Unfortunately, he has little or no trade value. It will be interesting to see what Pioli does with both he and Tony G.

MIAdragon
02-04-2009, 02:07 PM
wtf??? playing for the cowboys is an "option"?
sec

LMAO I thought the same thing

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
It might bother me if he wasn't 30 in november and had been more productive than destructive as a Chief.

That's one contract I bet we wish we could have a do-over on.

CoMoChief
OMG trade him to Dallas........LOL

1. That team is loaded with Prima Donnas, that teams gonna implode again next season.
2. If he thinks he's getting no carries here, Barber, Jones and Choice hold the reigns there.
3. There are plenty more nightclubs in DAL than in KC. Not only that but being a Cowboy you're actually allowed to treat women like shit.....they praise that over there.

Pestilence
Park LJs ass on the bench. You got your contract....now :STFU:

talastan
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Get the **** out LJ. Unfortunately, he has little or no trade value. It will be interesting to see what Pioli does with both he and Tony G.

Tony, you get him the best job for the best picks out there. LJ, you trade his lazy-a** to the Canadian Football League as an example of why you don't mess with the Godfather, Holy Pioli

BigVE
Don't know if its a repost or not but who cares....if LJ doesn't want to be a part of this team then get rid of him. Period. I doubt Pioli will tolerate this kind of BS. Good rb's are not that hard to come by anymore.

Mr. Laz
the big pussy can repay the remainder of the signing bonus then

fuggin dick should just shut the fuck up and be grateful the Chief gave him such a huge contract.

kaplin42
How about a Gonzo LJ trade to NE for Cassell?

Pestilence
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Tony, you get him the best job for the best picks out there. LJ, you trade his lazy-a** to the Canadian Football League as an example of why you don't mess with the Godfather, Holy Pioli

I wonder if Detroit needs a RB. :D

Micjones
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Trading him at this point would be best.

FAX
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I still think Green Bay is perfect. He can learn how to build an ice house and make snow tunnels. Plus, that sign that he does with his hands when he scores a touchdown looks a whole lot like a wedge of cheddar.

FAX

MiDW3sT
02-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I think Pioli will do what he can to trade Tony to a possible Superbowl team (Giants). He still has some trade value and it's a win win situation. Pioli tends to release players who are aging and Tony wants out. Could get something decent in return. For LJ, I don't think we will get much with his hefty contract and off-field issues.

seclark
02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
LMAO I thought the same thing

my mother is a big fan of the nasa space channel.

if i ever quit my job, that's a big option of mine.:rolleyes:
sec

BigVE
02-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Eh, either way LJ is gone after all of this crap. No way he is a Chief next year.

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I hope we get atleast dogshit in a bag for him...fuck him

It's too bad we didn't get Polamalu(sp?!) i may have been pissed we drafted a safety but damn atleast that guy wouldve played hard and not been a cry baby bitch, even if our coaching staff made him look retarded.

Braincase
02-04-2009, 02:36 PM
1.Put him in a bag
2.Place bag on Jerry Jones' doorstep
3. Set the bag on fire
4. Ring doorbell
5. Run away

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I wish they would do to him, what AL did to Marcus Allen.

In all honesty though, he truly is a Cowboy at heart.

JuicesFlowing
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone know how Kolby Smith is doing these days?

Detoxing
02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I think it's funny that he thinks someone else wants him. Salvage his career? Bitch, we made you! I can't remember a time in which i was more happy about a trade. GTFO please.

MIAdragon
02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I think it's funny that he thinks someone else wants him. Salvage his career? Bitch, we made you! I can't remember a time in which i was more happy about a trade. GTFO please.

I just dont see anyone wanting to trade for him, IMO he gets cut.

C-Mac
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I think Pioli will do what he can to trade Tony to a possible Superbowl team (Giants). He still has some trade value and it's a win win situation. Pioli tends to release players who are aging and Tony wants out. Could get something decent in return. For LJ, I don't think we will get much with his hefty contract and off-field issues.

You mean like Teddy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Kevin Faulk and Randy Moss who have been in the league as long or longer than Tony G?
Rodney Harrison has been in for 15 years and Junior Seau for 19 years!
It appears to me that if your good and your not going to tank the cap....he will keep the veterans.

Fritz88
02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Ok so where does he go and what do we get for him?

Cowboys? Packers?

We could get 3rd rounder if we are lucky but the real question is. How come both TG and LJ voiced their frustration around the same time?

They did mention wanting out, but this time, it's much stronger and more ASSertive than before.

Did Pioli do something that ticked them off?

DJJasonp
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I still think Green Bay is perfect. He can learn how to build an ice house and make snow tunnels. Plus, that sign that he does with his hands when he scores a touchdown looks a whole lot like a wedge of cheddar.

FAX

This....and if he spits at women, it would freeze into ice mid-stream, and drop to the ground harmlessly

Detoxing
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I just dont see anyone wanting to trade for him, IMO he gets cut.

I thought i read somewhere that if we cut him we would owe 8.something mil. I could be wrong, or wherever i read it could be wrong ??

Detoxing
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I think he'll go to AZ. If this were still Carl's team or if we had any other GM, i think we would get a 5th for him. But i think Pioli might be able to fuck somebody, probably AZ, for a 3rd or 4th

MiDW3sT
02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Not saying he won't keep those veterans who still had talent, but he knew the right time to get rid of Bledsoe, Law, and I was surprised about them picking up more year(s) onto Seau.

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Not saying he won't keep those veterans who still had talent, but he knew the right time to get rid of Bledsoe, Law, and I was surprised about them picking up more year(s) onto Seau.Old and cheap as opposed to old and expensive. Spend your money on younger pieces, lose the expensive old ones before they break down and kill your cap.

milkman
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I thought i read somewhere that if we cut him we would owe 8.something mil. I could be wrong, or wherever i read it could be wrong ??

If LJ is cut or traded, his accelerated signing bonus would count 8.8 mil against the cap.

Keeping him, he counts 8.2 mil against the cap.

Those numbers make him expendable.

Trade his useless ass for whatever you can get for him.

The_Doctor10
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM

What makes you think anyone in the CFL wants that POS? The Arena League and the World league are gone, there's tons of RB talent floating around that's more valuable to the CFL than an old, broken, bitter RB who's yearly salaray is double the league's salary cap.

Chiefnj2
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Which team has the oldest white head coach and offensive coordinator? Send him there.

RedThat
02-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Good. By him demanding to leave is a blessing. Im part of the majority that wants him gone. He won't be a fit here anyway with what Pioli wants to do.

Im so sick of Larry Johnsons attitude. His stupidity, immaturity is exactly what this team doesn't need to go in the right direction.

We will improve just by getting rid of Larry Johnson.

Now to go in the right direction, get some players here with GREAT attitudes, team first guys. I want MEN and NOT boys.

*Vermeil was right from day 1

RedThat
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
If LJ is cut or traded, his accelerated signing bonus would count 8.8 mil against the cap.

Yup I'd even trade him for a bag of footballs if you ask me.

AS long as it doesn't count against the cap. You just have to take what you can get for him at this point. I don't think he has much trade value anyway?

warrior
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Redo your contract wipe the droll and get the f*** out. :deevee:

mlyonsd
02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Seems to me he has the personality to be a Raider.

DaFace
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Forgive me if this has been addressed in other threads, but is there ANY way we could get rid of LJ without taking a huge cap hit?

blueballs
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
He will only be traded
if Will Shields comes out of retirement
and agrees to be part of the trade

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM

i'm going to suggest that is nsfw....but thanks...

milkman
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Forgive me if this has been addressed in other threads, but is there ANY way we could get rid of LJ without taking a huge cap hit?

Already discussed.

kstater
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Cap hit on the team: 8.2 million
Cap hit being released: 8.8 million

Trade: I'm not sure.

DaFace
02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Already discussed.

I guess the latter part is my question. If he wants out bad enough, could he potentially restructure his contract in a way that we could trade him without having to take an $8m plus hit?

milkman
02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Cap hit on the team: 8.2 million
Cap hit being released: 8.8 million

Trade: I'm not sure.

The cap hit is the same if he's traded or cut.

DaFace
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Fair enough. Guess we're pretty much screwed no matter what, so we might as well get rid of him.

milkman
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
I guess the latter part is my question. If he wants out bad enough, could he potentially restructure his contract in a way that we could trade him without having to take an $8m plus hit?

I don't know that answer.

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I say we keep him...who cares if he wants out he's under contract. He can just deal with it and quit being a bitch. He thinks all these other teams want him apparently. haha We may be able to use him to trade up a spot in a round, but thats about it.

Pestilence
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Wait until his shit goes to court and then get a portion of his signing bonus back. THEN trade his ass.

milkman
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Fair enough. Guess we're pretty much screwed no matter what, so we might as well get rid of him.

My post reflects the hit if he's traded, but doesn't take into account on a possible restructure.

I'm not sure if that can be done.

I don't think it can be done, but that's only a guess and there's very good poddibility I'm wrong on that.

milkman
02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Wait until his shit goes to court and then get a portion of his signing bonus back. THEN trade his ass.

There ya go.

Problem solved.

:thumb:

Pestilence
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
There ya go.

Problem solved.

Honestly....I would let him rot on the bench while that's happening.

Bob Dole
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Bob Dole's mom's a big God fan, that's always been a big option of Bob Dole's.

Simply Red
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
i'm going to suggest that is nsfw....but thanks...

eat it, douche. I don't give a fuck about you, seriously. Never have

Skip Towne
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Damn!! Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Bob Dole
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Put him on the practice squad.

mlyonsd
02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Put him on the practice squad.

I suppose assigning him the title of jock washer is against some player union rule?

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
How about a Gonzo LJ trade to NE for Cassell?

How about a shiny new pair of custom-fitted nut-hooks? Leave Gonzales out of LJ's bullshit.

And if we're trading TG, it better be for something more than Matt Fucking Cassel.

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM

Welcome back. LMAO

FAX
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I can't imagine that LJ hasn't already voided some kind of off-the-field-behavior-requirement clause in his contract. Carl would require something like that for LJ, wouldn't he?

And, why is Mr. Simply Red bringing the wood to Mr. the Talking Can? That's crazy.

FAX

JASONSAUTO
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Cowboys? Packers?

We could get 3rd rounder if we are lucky but the real question is. How come both TG and LJ voiced their frustration around the same time?

They did mention wanting out, but this time, it's much stronger and more ASSertive than before.

Did Pioli do something that ticked them off?

well TG stated that he hasnt spoken with pioli, so maybe there aer some hurt feelings, LJ well that speaks for itself funny to me he states that the organization has been against him since he signed his deal, WTF WTF who in the org is against you? carl? no. herm? maybe. but both are gone. clark? i would say no since he is the one who signed off on the deal. PARANOIA is a bitch huh?

rad
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Obligatory....

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.mikey-san.net/static/bucket/ari-gtfo.gif

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
not really ..

the new NFL rule started a couple of years ago allows a team to designate a player to be a post june 15th cut and therefore the team can divide up the cap hit between 2 years.

a team can do a 50/50,40/60 or a 60/40 split over the current year and the following year

so if they Chiefs wanted to they could cut LJ and not take a 8.8 million dollar hit this year.

Brianfo
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
*&^% this guy. What are the repercussions if we cut his ass. Let him sell popcorn. Biggest mistake the Chiefs have made in the last 20 yrs. What an ungrateful punk. If we hadn't drafted him, he would have slid out of the first round. I wish I could tell this shit to his face. I hate him more than John Elway. At least John Elway had game. What has this schmuck done since our O-Line retired. Proof positive that it's not the player, it's the system.

prhom
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I just don't see us cutting him, he's still too good (can't believe I'm saying this) to just leave him on the curb for someone else to pick up. I think we keep him till close to the trade deadline and then give him to a team that loses their starting RB (or all 7 like the Broncos) and REALLY needs him. No way anyone trades for him before next the second week of next season.

beavis
02-04-2009, 06:42 PM
I think LJ should consider himself lucky he still has a job at all.

sodcat
02-04-2009, 06:44 PM
c-ya! take your baggage and crappy attitude someplace else, but the results will still be the same! you get what you deserve!

MahiMike
02-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I can't wait for Pioli to spit in both LJ's and TG's faces, empty their lockers and lock them out of Arrowhead one.

RedThat
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
not really ..

the new NFL rule started a couple of years ago allows a team to designate a player to be a post june 15th cut and therefore the team can divide up the cap hit between 2 years.

a team can do a 50/50,40/60 or a 60/40 split over the current year and the following year

so if they Chiefs wanted to they could cut LJ and not take a 8.8 million dollar hit this year.

Now suppose they didn't take the 8.8 million dollar hit this year, does that mean they'd have to take the 8.8 million dollar hit next year?

milkman
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
not really ..

I hadn't really thought about spreading the cap hit over the next two years, but if we did, the hit would be 4.4 mil over each of the next two seasons at 50/50.

But the point is, we have a lot of space and cutting or trading him won't be crippling our ability to make other moves.

In the end, taking the hit in one year is only $600,000 more than keeping him on the cap.

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I can't wait for Pioli to spit in both LJ's and TG's faces, empty their lockers and lock them out of Arrowhead one.

Pioli got a spare set of teeth much?

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Now suppose they didn't take the 8.8 million dollar hit this year, does that mean they'd have to take the 8.8 million dollar hit next year?dude ..... i answered your question already :doh!: LMAO
not really ..

FAX
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Pioli got a spare set of teeth much?

You have to be kidding me. Pioli would rip their nutsacks off, feed them to his cat, and never wrinkle his jacket.

FAX

theorangelion
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Let the Bum go what's the big deal:lame:

RedThat
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
dude ..... i answered your question already :doh!: LMAO

you did somewhat and thank you.

I just wanted to make sure if the Chiefs can do 100/0

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
You have to be kidding me. Pioli would rip their nutsacks off, feed them to his cat, and never wrinkle his jacket.

FAX

Rrrrrrrrright.:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
you did somewhat and thank you.

I just wanted to make sure if the Chiefs can do 100/0
yes .... but in reality all they have to do to do 100/0 is just not activate the rule/clause i referred to

100/0
60/40
50/50
40/60

they just can't do 0/100 ... 0 this year and 100 next year iirc

FAX
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Rrrrrrrrright.:rolleyes:

Scoff all you want, but Pioli came from the mean streets. He once jammed his umbrella up his best player's ass, hit the switch, pulled once, and before you could say "Lombardi's One Eye", he had an inside-out pro-bowler and was home in time for Jeopardy.

FAX

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Scoff all you want, but Pioli came from the mean streets. He once jammed his umbrella up his best player's ass, hit the switch, pulled once, and before you could say "Lombardi's One Eye", he had an inside-out pro-bowler and was home in time for Jeopardy.

FAX

I'm sure he could take Johnson. Tony, on the other hand, would beat his ass with one arm whilst using the other to play PSP.

Bank It!

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm sure he could take Johnson. Tony, on the other hand, would beat his ass with one arm whilst using the other to play PSP.

Bank It!

You seem to have an unhealthy mancrush on Tony G. I have no idea what's going on with this.

PastorMikH
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm to the point I'd love to keep Larry here. Not to play, but to just set him on the bench and let him watch other people play. When he complains, "Larry, you'll be free to leave in 2013. Until then, sit down and shut up."

Larry, I'd also like to point out that your running has stunk ever since you got the big contract. I'd be willing to let you go, provided you bring a briefcase of $ in, the exact amount of your earnings to date and signing bonuses minus two years worth of league minimum salary - since that's the level you performed at.

el borracho
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice attitude, Larry. Well, since we owe him a ton of money and wouldn't likely get much in a trade, I say we just ride him until he drops.

Larry wants the ball more? Well, maybe we should give him every single carry in preseason and, if that isn't enough time on the field, put him on coverage teams in the preseason.

aturnis
02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Who cares how much of a cap hit they take? If they keep him or cut him, it's a 600k difference. Not to mention the Chiefs have more cap space than God himself.

If the Chiefs don't plan on spending ALL of the money they have between themselves and the cap, what is the difference? Personally, I'd rather take the entire cap hit in one year, and have more money next year. That is, if we are going to have that space to burn this year anyway.

If we have some room, but not enough to take the entire 8.8 in this offseason. My choices would be to take the split cap hit, 60/40, 50/50, and 40/60 in that order.

PastorMikH
02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Nice attitude, Larry. Well, since we owe him a ton of money and wouldn't likely get much in a trade, I say we just ride him until he drops.

Larry wants the ball more? Well, maybe we should give him every single carry in preseason and, if that isn't enough time on the field, put him on coverage teams in the preseason.

Larry! Get your hat on, its time for punt coverage!

Darth CarlSatan
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
You seem to have an unhealthy mancrush on Tony G. I have no idea what's going on with this.

I appreciate the one offensive player we have on this team that doesn't suck monkey balls, and who has stuck with the franchise regardless of the huge pile of SHIT it had become under Carl in Carl's last five years.

He's a better man than me; I would have told this club, and certain fickle members of it's fanbase, to kiss my ass right after Marty quit.

If certain True Fans( and yes, that's exactly what they are ) want to bash on Tony, that's certainly their prerogative. That said, anyone who does it is just a useless pile of shit who should have their eyeballs yanked out of their fucking head, so they can never watch football again, or watch their children grow up.

Bwana
02-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Dear Flop down Larry, it's not your call dickweek, now stfd and stfu.....punk bitch.

rocks
02-04-2009, 07:53 PM
If thats what he wants then trade him only if receiving proper compensation, If not, tell him that he is under contract and to get his ass on the field. Or wait, do contracts mean anything anymore???

reiko57
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
lol, knew the response would be like this

TEX
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I have absolutely no problem with L J not being a Chief next year. However, it needs to be done on the Chiefs terms. They, not LJ, need to call the shots on this deal.

TEX
02-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I appreciate the one offensive player we have on this team that doesn't suck monkey balls, and who has stuck with the franchise regardless of the huge pile of SHIT it had become under Carl in Carl's last five years.

He's a better man than me; I would have told this club, and certain fickle members of it's fanbase, to kiss my ass right after Marty quit.

If certain True Fans( and yes, that's exactly what they are ) want to bash on Tony, that's certainly their prerogative. That said, anyone who does it is just a useless pile of shit who should have their eyeballs yanked out of their ****ing head, so they can never watch football again, or watch their children grow up.

This. :thumb:

FRCDFED
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
It sure would be nice if Jerry Jones traded Felix Jones even up for LJ. However, I realize that is a pipe dream.

LJ's attitude is definately going to be a major factor in any trade. I would definately be in favor (as if I have any say) of a situation where LJ restructures his contract and returns a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus. After all, that signing bonus was in anticipation of him being a Chief for the duration of the contract.

If he was serious he would offer to do this. Until then, I wouldn't even entertain any sort of release or trade.

Marcellus
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I think this story is titled all wrong. It should be:

Chiefs: "It's time to break ties with Johnson"

baitism
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Larry Johnson sucks. He still doesn't even know how to switch hands with the ball in order to enable him to stiff arm. That's shit you learn in high school. He is just ignorant, but you already knew that.

PastorMikH
02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I have absolutely no problem with L J not being a Chief next year. However, it needs to be done on the Chiefs terms. They, not LJ, need to call the shots on this deal.

Wonder what Detroit would give us for him?

cdcox
02-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Kickoff return team, put him the the wedge.
Kickoff coverage team, make him the wedge buster.

cdcox
02-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Let him pass block for Huard during preseason.

HIChief
02-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Could his contract be restructured to make trading him less of a financial bitter pill? I mean if the dude wants to go so bad, maybe he'd be amenable to a reduced comp package.

jspchief
02-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Keep this in mind....

Cutting him hits the cap for 8.8 mil, but then he's off the books for good.

Keeping him hits the cap for 8.2 mil, and we're still on the hook for the remainder of that pro-rated signing bonus next year and so on.

unothadeal
02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Could his contract be restructured to make trading him less of a financial bitter pill? I mean if the dude wants to go so bad, maybe he'd be amenable to a reduced comp package.

This is Larry Johnson we're talking about. He thinks he's deserved every penny.

HIChief
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Keep this in mind....

Cutting him hits the cap for 8.8 mil, but then he's off the books for good.

Keeping him hits the cap for 8.2 mil, and we're still on the hook for the remainder of that pro-rated signing bonus next year and so on.

I know Clark Hunt is rich, but I bet throwing away $8Mil is not something he would do readily, particularly in this economy.

boogblaster
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
We dont have the Oline LJ needs to run the ball ... he cant cut hes a power runner he needs a hole to run through ... unless we spend big monies for Olinemen hes worthless to us ....

Cormac
02-04-2009, 09:38 PM

FAX

ROFL

PHOG
02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Get rid of the prick, no room for an asshole like this on a rebuilt team...time to cut bait.

Rain Man
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Why would anyone need to cut ties with a team that has a new GM and new coaching staff? That's just dumb.

Saccopoo
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Let him pass block for Huard during preseason.

I shot a wad of snot out of my nose and onto my screen on this one so abrupt was the chortle that ensued upon perusing this tidbit of comedic genius.

Larry, Larry, Larry...what am I ever going to do with you? The fans are turning against you. I know that they don't appreciate your true to form impersonations of Ike Turner and Rick James. The pundits have begun to notice that you have a slight aversion to protecting the quarterback on pass plays. You team mates probably have made comments that it takes you two quarters into a game to warm up to where you are comfortable enough to actually move forward with a ball in your hands rather than thinking you are Barry Sanders and juke it oh so awkwardly. The quarterbacks have probably begun to take note that your hands make Jonathan Hayes look like Lynn Swan by comparison. And everyone watches as you complain that no one likes you, and that you want to be traded only a year after you sign one of the biggest contracts in the NFL - after holding out no less.

I shit you not! You best pack your mother ****ing bags or bring your mother ****ing A-game every single minute of every single day you remain a mother ****ing Chief. I will not have the memories of Derrick Thomas, who gave every ounce of himself on every play, and his well deserved enshrinement into the Hall of Fame, be mocked by a lazy, malcontent shit stain that you are making yourself out to be. Get with the mother ****ing program and realize that you wanted and signed the contract - get to work mother ****er! I know you have the talent - but there are millions of people every day who put forth a boat load more effort and gratitude than you have who are making minimum wage or less! You mother ****ing ingrate! You get paid to play a game that has absolutely no relevance to anything in life other than being a game - and a source of pride to the people in that city that you represent. That's it. And when you start whining about nobody liking you, you better realize that it was you and your actions and pussy attitude that makes them think things like that. Get with the mother ****ing program and pull your head out of your ass and play with passion and dedication and humility and humbleness and respect and all the rest of those positive attributes. I want to see you as the love child result of an orgy between Ghandi, Dick Butkus, Walter Payton and Oprah. Care about others, care about yourself, be a positive influence in your community, and on the field, run with grace and purpose, but crush sonsabitches in the process.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 04:31 AM
I know Clark Hunt is rich, but I bet throwing away $8Mil is not something he would do readily, particularly in this economy.

Um actually Clark would save money cutting him. the 8.8 is a cap number, his bonus was already paid once he's cut he doesn't have a base salary any longer.

bkkcoh
02-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Where do we send the boxes to help him move?

bkkcoh
02-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Um actually Clark would save money cutting him. the 8.8 is a cap number, his bonus was already paid once he's cut he doesn't have a base salary any longer.

I wonder if what the conduct clause in LJ's contract states, would it make LJ have to payback some of the signing bonus? Probably not, but it would be nice.

PhillyChiefFan
02-05-2009, 08:03 AM
I wonder if what the conduct clause in LJ's contract states, would it make LJ have to payback some of the signing bonus? Probably not, but it would be nice.

If the story ends with LJ being shown the door, he can keep it.

:D

bkkcoh
02-05-2009, 08:32 AM
If the story ends with LJ being shown the door, he can keep it.

:D

With the door-knob firmly in a certain place. :D

KC-TBB
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I feel bad for Mr. Johnson, he is such a good example for our youth and all...ARRRGHHHH FRICKEN douchebag...get your ASS OUT OF TOWN NOW>>>do us a favor and go to a WESTERN DIV. team so we can kick your ass on a regular basis.

KC kid
02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I hate LJ. I have since the day he was drafted. I hated LJ when he was running all over the AFC west. I will hate him til the day his woman beating ass retires.

However, you have to get SOMETHING for LJ. Maybe you can send him and the third pick to detroit to get Stafford

Buzz
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
If they put a clause in his contract about conduct detrimental to the team he could be released after his court date in March?

Spicy McHaggis
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM

He'll fit right in. What an asshat.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM

If certain True Fans( and yes, that's exactly what they are ) want to bash on Tony, that's certainly their prerogative. That said, anyone who does it is just a useless pile of shit who should have their eyeballs yanked out of their ****ing head, so they can never watch football again, or watch their children grow up.

I've enjoyed watching Tony, too.

But I'm a fan of the team and organization first, individual players second. If the latter can't keep their mouths shut and begin to distract from the overall goal, fuck 'em.

Without the Brink's truck full of cash, Gonzo wouldn't have stuck with anyone or anything. He's not stupid.

The Chiefs and this fanbase owe Tony G absolutely nothing.

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I've enjoyed watching Tony, too.

But I'm a fan of the team and organization first, individual players second. If the latter can't keep their mouths shut and begin to distract from the overall goal, fuck 'em.

Without the Brink's truck full of cash, Gonzo wouldn't have stuck with anyone or anything. He's not stupid.

The Chiefs and this fanbase owe Tony G absolutely nothing.

Then we disagree, and that's all there is to it. He never asks for shit, he takes care of business, and he plays better than most guys 10 years younger than him.
If you want to talk about a non-productive, ass hat like LJ, and say the Chiefs and the fans owe HIM nothing, I agree.

To apply that same kind of thinking to Tony is just straight-up bullshit.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Then we disagree, and that's all there is to it. He never asks for shit, he takes care of business, and he plays better than most guys 10 years younger than him.
If you want to talk about a non-productive, ass hat like LJ, and say the Chiefs and the fans owe HIM nothing, I agree.

To apply that same kind of thinking to Tony is just straight-up bullshit.

The organization has paid him millions and the fans have cheered him continuously.

What else is there to owe?

Tony G. signed every extension with eyes wide open. If he didn't, he's not as smart as I give him credit for.

Darth CarlSatan
02-05-2009, 01:23 PM
The organization has paid him millions and the fans have cheered him continuously.

What else is there to owe?

Tony G. signed every extension with eyes wide open. If he didn't, he's not as smart as I give him credit for.

I'm sure he and Scott will get that figured out soon enough.

JuicesFlowing
02-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Why would anyone need to cut ties with a team that has a new GM and new coaching staff? That's just dumb.

I agree. If he'd made those comments before the start of last season, it would have made much more sense.