PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Croyle Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

MatriculatingHank
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20090204/NEWS/902040274?Title=Croyle_injured_in_skiing_accident

Croyle injured in skiing accident

John Croyle, founder of Big Oak Ranch Inc., is back in Alabama from Colorado after being injured in a snow-skiing accident.
Connie Reeves, executive secretary for Croyle’s Big Oak Ranch Inc., said Croyle was injured Tuesday while trying avoid a collision with a person on a snowboard.

Reeves confirmed Croyle’s shoulder is broken and said it is possible he has a fractured pelvis.

E-mails forwarded Wednesday to The Gadsden Times from friends of Croyle’s said his shoulder is broken in two places and he has a severe groin muscle injury, but Reeves said she could not confirm that.

As of midday Wednesday, Croyle still intended to keep a speaking engagement today in Montgomery, then to travel by car to Mississippi for a Friday speaking engagement, Reeves said.

Thirty-five years ago, Croyle walked away from a chance to play professional football after being a standout at the University of Alabama. He established the Big Oak Boys’ Ranch in 1974.

He and his wife, Tee, started a Girls’ Ranch in 1988, and in 1990, Westbrook Christian School was acquired. The ranches and the school are privately funded 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.

Daughter Reagan Croyle Phillips played on the University of Alabama women’s basketball team, and son Brodie Croyle was starting quarterback for the Crimson Tide and is currently with the Kansas City Chiefs.

OnTheWarpath58
02-04-2009, 09:22 PM
In all fairness, that sounds like a pretty serious accident.

If John was anything like Brodie, he would have gotten hurt getting off the lift.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 09:28 PM

If John was anything like Brodie, he would have gotten hurt getting off the lift.

That's what I expected based on the thread title.

Thought the dude would be walking down his own hallway at home and tear his ACL. Maybe need Tommy Johns after throwing the ball for the dog. Something like that.

Rain Man
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Shoulda nailed the snowboarder.

blueballs
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Tee has some nice knockers too

OnTheWarpath58
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
That's what I expected based on the thread title.

Thought the dude would be walking down his own hallway at home and tear his ACL. Maybe need Tommy Johns after throwing the ball for the dog. Something like that.

http://i41.tinypic.com/30vkb48.gif

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/30vkb48.gif

Exactly.

And many here would still pine about his unrealized potential...

big nasty kcnut
02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Kick a man while he down why don't you. Prayer for brodie dad.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said, kcnut. Well said, as always.

picasso
02-05-2009, 01:10 AM

What do you mean, if he was anything like Brodie he would have gotten hurt paying for the rentals, or getting out of the car, or rolling the window down...

mikey23545
02-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for being a human among the vultures, Nut....

Fried Meat Ball!
02-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks for being a human among the vulchures, Nut....
FYP

rambleonthruthefog
02-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Shoulda nailed the snowboarder.

I had a collision with a skier but 8 yrs ago. was on my board going down a pretty steep run and was making a very wide turn to meet up with my buds. i come around and this 50 or so yr olf man is hauling ass right where i'm bout to be. were gonna collide so i get in form tackle mode and take this old man out. he goes flying down the hill, when he stops, he starts screamin' F******ck, F*****ck. wen't and checked on him, he cursed me and my snowboard, so i went and got some help for him, and promptly bellied up.