PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson aren't going anywhere!

John_Wayne
02-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Tony Gozalez is playing as well as he ever has. He's a FHoFer. Personally, I think he can play for another 3 or 4 years. He wouldn't bring enough by trade to make up for the mammoth size hole we'd have in our offense. he's the best player on the team, for heaven's sake. The front office holds all the cards for Tony. He'll stay and he'll be a professional, as always.

Larry Johnson is another matter. I think the front office would like to dump him but they can't. He's not worth much by trade. Other teams won't want to take on his salary. The Chiefs can't cut him either. His salary cap number would be huge, too big to eat and get nothing in return. I think the Chiefs are stuck with LJ and LJ is stuck in KC.

Thoughts? Comments?

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I think Tony stays if we get Sanchez. LJ?? who cares..Trade him for a 4th I hope.

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
If we do keep LJ, I hope he gets about 10 carries a game. He'll cry like a bitch, and run angry as hell when he does go in.

KcKing
02-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Both want to leave...

Both can hit the road...

John_Wayne
02-05-2009, 11:08 PM
We'd be foolish to trade a HoFer who is still playing like a HoFer.

We're stuck with LJ, like it or not. I don't know the number, but his salary cap hit, if they cut him, would be HUGE!

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM

We're stuck with LJ, like it or not. I don't know the number, but his salary cap hit, if they cut him, would be HUGE!

We will have plenty of room to absorb the hit. Might as well do i now.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
If we do keep LJ, I hope he gets about 10 carries a game. He'll cry like a bitch, and run angry as hell when he does go in.

Run Angry as hell?

Great he will go from 2.3 ypc up to 2.6....

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Releasing LJ would be addition by subtraction. I bet his teammates don't like him.

John_Wayne
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
We will have plenty of room to absorb the hit. Might as well do i now. Wouldn't we want to spend those cap dollars on new FA's instead of giving LJ a going away present?

PastorMikH
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Like I said in another thread, I'm for keeping LJ, letting him go sit with the practice squad during the week, then if he suits up on sundays it would be for kick-off and punt coverages only - but NOT Kick return and Punt return, he can't block good enough.

I'm tired of his whiney attitude - So tired of it that the last thing I want to do with/for him is something that will make him happy. He'd have been the starter all year if he'd PRODUCED YARDAGE consistently. A lot of people blasted DV for his diaper comments, turns out DV knew Larry better than many realized at the time.

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't we want to spend those cap dollars on new FA's instead of giving LJ a going away present?

We will have PLENTY of money to get anyone we want, and still take his cap hit. We're gonna be damn near 50 MIL under the cap. We need all the draft picks we can get as well.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
What people need to understand is new GM's overhaul rosters...anyone could be gone, and that means anyone.

Jason Taylor was the Dolphins franchise didn't stop Parcells from telling him to beat it when he kept bitching.

John_Wayne
02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
What people need to understand is new GM's overhaul rosters...anyone could be gone, and that means anyone.

Jason Taylor was the Dolphins franchise didn't stop Parcells from telling him to beat it when he kept bitching.

"people"? Who, specifically?

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
"people"? Who, specifically?

Anyone who thinks this roster won't see major overhaul or thinks anyone is safe...none of these players are the product of the new GM or coach, they won't be catered to in any way.

If anything being the face or the franchise of what the Chiefs went through may lead to more of a bad view than a good one from the new regime.

TheCloser
02-05-2009, 11:38 PM
I'd trade LJ for a fat girl...who cares if we get anything for him get the drink chuckin' thug nation wanna be outta here.

As for Tony, we can't let him go. No matter who is our quarterback next year they will need Gonzalez to develop. Thigpen had an amazing season for a kid that never dreamed of starting for an NFL team, and overall did a good job...but lets be realistic, if it wasn't for Tony G snatching everything tossed his way he'd have been another name we forgot after a few weeks.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
No one is untouchable, NO ONE on this roster is untouchable.

No matter how great he is, he's a fuckin TE.

Craqhead
ESPN seems too think that the Chiefs will shop Gonzo, and that they will trade LJ for anything.

Frosty

It costs roughly the same to cut or to keep him. However, if they cut him, it's a one time hit. If they keep him, he counts big this year and will be a big hit against the cap next year, too.

OnTheWarpath58
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
ESPN seems too think that the Chiefs will shop Gonzo, and that they will trade LJ for anything.

I seem to think the same thing.

Pioli loves draft picks, and he hates "me first" players.

TheCloser
02-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Tony Gozalez is playing as well as he ever has. He's a FHoFer. Personally, I think he can play for another 3 or 4 years. He wouldn't bring enough by trade to make up for the mammoth size hole we'd have in our offense. he's the best player on the team, for heaven's sake. The front office holds all the cards for Tony. He'll stay and he'll be a professional, as always.

Larry Johnson is another matter. I think the front office would like to dump him but they can't. He's not worth much by trade. Other teams won't want to take on his salary. The Chiefs can't cut him either. His salary cap number would be huge, too big to eat and get nothing in return. I think the Chiefs are stuck with LJ and LJ is stuck in KC.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thoughts: I could use another 7n7...my balls itch...what time is class tomorrow...I could use another 7n7.

Comments: Damn I could use another 7n7.

What about questions....

Do I watch McClintock or The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance after a night of Columbia barhopping?

Saccopoo
02-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd trade LJ for a fat girl...who cares if we get anything for him get the drink chuckin' thug nation wanna be outta here.

As for Tony, we can't let him go. No matter who is our quarterback next year they will need Gonzalez to develop. Thigpen had an amazing season for a kid that never dreamed of starting for an NFL team, and overall did a good job...but lets be realistic, if it wasn't for Tony G snatching everything tossed his way he'd have been another name we forgot after a few weeks.

And therein lies the problem for the Chiefs the past couple of seasons, at least since Priest Holmes and Dick Vermeil haven't been around. Our quarterbacks know that Tony will catch everything, so everything goes to him. The ultimate safety valve, but a safety valve in the five to ten yard range. This means that the safeties are way up on the line of scrimmage which in turn makes establishing the run harder to do. Opponents know that Tony is getting the ball, so they jam eight, nine in the box and stuff our pass and run game. Screwed, and three and outs become commonplace.

If a tight end is leading your team in receptions and yardage, your team is pretty much in trouble offensively. Huard and Thigpen and Croyle and the Chiefs in general have suckled at the Gonzalez teet for far too long. Time to get Tony his ring by trading him to Philadelphia for a first and third and get this passing game downfield a bit more.

blueballs
02-06-2009, 12:01 AM
In the grand scheme of things
it don't really matter

Saccopoo
02-06-2009, 12:06 AM
In the grand scheme of things
it don't really matter

In the grand scheme of things, nothing matters. You are going to die. Most likely old and alone and sad. It won't matter what type of house you lived in, what type of car you drove, how much money you made. It won't matter if your chick was hot, because she'll likely be old and withered and hoping that you would have died twenty years earlier. 99% of people can't name the 44 US presidents, so does anyone really think that they are going to matter to anyone in the long run? (Meaning about six months after you croak.)

Do you ever visit a grave of a dead family member?

The days of heroes are over. No one is going to give a rats ass if you even existed. Even your immediate family won't.

Yep. In the grand scheme, it really, truly won't matter.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Time to get Tony his ring by trading him to Philadelphia for a first and third...

ROFL

blueballs
02-06-2009, 12:09 AM
sackofpoo
has sprawled

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 12:54 AM
With Gunther_Fan on their side, they are both good as gone.

dj56dt58
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM

I think a qb will develop better without him..it doesn't give them that guy to just chuck the ball to, they have to make their reads and throw it to an accurate location..Thigpen was better the first couple of games when he spread the ball around a lot..then it seemed as though TG starting bitching and Thigpen just started chucking it to Tony

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Pioli/Haley will bitchslap LJ from here to the moon.

Consistent1
02-06-2009, 08:35 AM
ROFL

Yeah, a first and third?
Pass that shit around to the rest of us bro!

Lex Luthor
02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
It turns out that Vermeil was right about LJ after all.

LJ needs to take his diaper off.

Valiant
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Question about LJ..

He wants out, if he is this adamant about it why cannot he say 'Hey I will tell the players association I want out, I will sign a new contract that forgoes any signing bonus.. This way they can trade me easier to a team that wants me..."

Is that possible??? I know the league has stepped in before and broke contracts like TO in Philly or when he was traded and did not want to go to Baltimore??

Of course I know LJ would never do this.. Why?? The greedy fuck wants all of his signing bonus and to leave the Chiefs.. It would be a win/win for him if he gets released..

Personally if a player wants out this bad I think the league should step in and make sure he does not get the prorated signing bonus for the years left on the contract.. This way the team can trade his ass for whatever minimum amount or get a compensation pick if they release him..

DenverDanChiefsFan
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I thought I heard that Cottam was arrested on pot charges this week. If true he is facing a likely suspension, does that make it more likely that TG doesn't get traded?

Buzzsaw
02-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Thoughts? Comments?

Pioli isn't going to subject a rookie head coach to a d-bag like Larry Johnson. Too much risk that LJ's cancerous attitude would spread throughout the team. You can't ask Haley to come on board and deal with that, it's a recipe for disaster. LJ will be gone in a trade or simply cut before training camp. This won't turn into a circus with Pioli running things.

allen_kcCard
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I thought I heard that Cottam was arrested on pot charges this week. If true he is facing a likely suspension, does that make it more likely that TG doesn't get traded?

It was Merritt

HIChief
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Can anyone speak to the possibility of LJ renegotiating his contract to make his trade prospects more attractive both for the Chiefs and himself?

Halfcan
02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
fuk Lj he is total loser thug dumbass. He looks even dumber crying on a radio show that fans don't understand him. Your right LJ nobody does-and nobody cares-so FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK off and die bitch!!!

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Thoughts: I could use another 7n7...my balls itch...what time is class tomorrow...I could use another 7n7.

Comments: Damn I could use another 7n7.

What about questions....

Do I watch McClintock or The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance after a night of Columbia barhopping?

LMAO

In the grand scheme of things, nothing matters. You are going to die. Most likely old and alone and sad. It won't matter what type of house you lived in, what type of car you drove, how much money you made. It won't matter if your chick was hot, because she'll likely be old and withered and hoping that you would have died twenty years earlier. 99% of people can't name the 44 US presidents, so does anyone really think that they are going to matter to anyone in the long run? (Meaning about six months after you croak.)

The days of heroes are over. No one is going to give a rats ass if you even existed. Even your immediate family won't.

ROFL Let us all join hands...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qxSwJC3Ly0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qxSwJC3Ly0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 09:28 PM

$8.2 million if the Chiefs keep LJ, $8.8 if they cut or trade him.

He's a goner.

I'd like to see TG stick around but honestly, it might be better for him and the team to move on.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 09:34 PM

He's a goner.

I'd like to see TG stick around but honestly, it might be better for him and the team to move on.

Same here, 100% agreement.

OnTheWarpath58
02-06-2009, 09:46 PM

He's a goner.

I agree, LJ is gone - one way or the other.

Regarding Tony, if we can get a 3rd round pick for him, then IMO, it's definitely in the team's best interest to move on. There are a lot of REALLY solid guys that will be available in the 3rd.

whoman69
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
People keep forgetting how hard it was for this franchise to find a running back before Priest came here. Herm ran LJ into the ground in his first year. I think there's still something there. LJ needs to be made aware that his own actions have prohibited him from being moved to another team and he has to stay put. We may be rebuilding still, but there will be improvement this season that will show the team is moving back to the top.

ChiefRon
02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
If we can't get any trade value for LJ, couldn't we just let him know that he has no trade value and his only way out is to buy out his contract? A la LaVar Arrington (wasn't him a couple years ago)?

Psyko Tek
02-06-2009, 11:32 PM

wow,noob
is the abyss staring back

RustShack
02-06-2009, 11:35 PM
I think Haley might be able to motivate LJ again. If he can't hes just a loss cause wherever he goes. I'm hopeing we can get the LJ of old back though.

Crush
02-06-2009, 11:35 PM
LJ loses 2-3 yards better than any running back that I have ever seen.

With that said, he has to go.

T-post Tom
02-07-2009, 12:21 AM
And therein lies the problem for the Chiefs the past couple of seasons, at least since Priest Holmes and Dick Vermeil haven't been around. Our quarterbacks know that Tony will catch everything, so everything goes to him. The ultimate safety valve, but a safety valve in the five to ten yard range. This means that the safeties are way up on the line of scrimmage which in turn makes establishing the run harder to do. Opponents know that Tony is getting the ball, so they jam eight, nine in the box and stuff our pass and run game. Screwed, and three and outs become commonplace.

If a tight end is leading your team in receptions and yardage, your team is pretty much in trouble offensively. Huard and Thigpen and Croyle and the Chiefs in general have suckled at the Gonzalez teet for far too long. Time to get Tony his ring by trading him to Philadelphia for a first and third and get this passing game downfield a bit more.

Nice thought, but no team is going to trade a 1st & a 3rd for an aging TE. NO team.

Oxford
02-07-2009, 01:59 AM
.....LJ needs to be made aware that his own actions have prohibited him from being moved to another team....

Publicly LJ is in denial about his actions affecting his market value. The problem is that his entire life he has been coddled because he was a talented football player. LJ is not going to change, the only hope is he plays great so he has market value and the Chiefs can trade him. Vegas wouldn't give you any better than 100-1 on that.

Mecca
02-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Some of you guys man...this is not Carl, these are not his draft picks that are his guys that he refuses to get rid of..

If the Patriots taught anyone anything it's that players that like to whine will be shipped out regardless of how good they are...Ask Lawyer Milloy.

By getting rid of them you set the example to the young guys that this behavior is not tolerated by the organization.

Smed1065
02-07-2009, 03:59 AM

Thoughts? Comments?

ZZ

Thanks Tuna. LOL for your nsight azz. Is thos serious ??????

Azzexz
\

|Zach|
02-07-2009, 04:08 AM
ZZ

Thanks Tuna. LOL for your nsight azz. Is thos serious ??????

Azzexz
\

I am pretty sure you have a drinking problem.

milkman
02-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Why do we let dumbasses start threads?

Baconeater
02-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Why do we let dumbasses start threads?

You're just jealous that you don't have four threads on the front page.

milkman
02-07-2009, 05:42 AM
You're just jealous that you don't have four threads on the front page.

On the front page?

Hell I don't believe I've ever started 4 threads in a week.

penchief
02-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Can anyone speak to the possibility of LJ renegotiating his contract to make his trade prospects more attractive both for the Chiefs and himself?

I thought I remember everybody liking LJ's contract when he signed it because most all of the guaranteed money was tied up in the first three years. Well if that's true he's going into the third year of that contract which shouldn't make the contract too much of a burden for any team wanting to trade for him.

tmax63
02-07-2009, 07:30 AM
IF LJ stays it will be after he gets a ride with "Guido" and he learns what true gangster is and he will come back and be kissing Pioli's ring and saying "yes godfather"