PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock rips Pioli

Count Zarth
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Hoo boy.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1020044.html

In the absence of leadership, chaos and insanity take root.

Scott “Slow Po” Pioli, the new czar of the Chiefs, enjoys the I-got-a-secret game.

I hope that Todd Haley’s hiring as the Chiefs’ new coach ends the childish game. I hope the I-got-a-secret game isn’t the only thing Pioli learned at the feet of Bill Belichick. I hope Pioli learned a thing or two about leadership.

We’ll find out by the way Pioli and Haley handle Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez’s Pro Bowl whining. It should have no impact on Gonzalez’s standing on the roster. Pioli and Haley should pretend that it never happened.

As we know here, Gonzalez has a teeny bit of Terrell Owens in him. He’s not above whining and complaining when he doesn’t get the ball. This season he cried to the media when Carl Peterson refused to give him away for a second-round pick. He threw a tantrum when Herm Edwards wouldn’t allow him to break a record in front of his family at Arrowhead Stadium. Gonzalez wants Tyler Thigpen to be the Chiefs’ quarterback of the future solely because Thigpen believes Gonzo is his first, second and third options on all pass plays and some running plays.

Gonzalez can be a head case.

I’m good with that. He’s our head case. If handled properly, he’s the kind of head case you can win games with and turn into an on-field leader.

I blame Scott Pioli for Gonzalez’s Pro Bowl whining about possibly wanting to be traded.

The Chiefs have had a one-month leadership void. Since the end of the regular season, the organization has been directionless. Edwards was emasculated while he waited to be interviewed and then fired.

And now the Chiefs waited two weeks for Pioli to execute his double-top-secret, if-I-tell-you-I’ll-have-to-kill-you coaching search that ended predictably.

It was all rather childish and pointless. But, let’s humor our first-time general manager. He obviously believes secrets put three Super Bowl rings on Belichick’s hand. Plus, he’s yet to make a disagreeable decision.

While we humor Pioli, let us also warn him: In the absence of leadership, chaos and insanity take root.

Players want to be led by people they respect and trust. The I-got-a-secret game in no way enhanced Pioli’s locker-room rep. He looked amateurish and invited confusion and chaos.

I don’t care that Larry Johnson spent part of his Wednesday afternoon running his mouth about wanting out of Kansas City. Larry appears to be clueless that he has little value around the league. No one is all that interested in a moody, angry running back whose first instinct is to point fingers at teammates and coaches.

Larry refuses to be led. If some team is dumb enough to take him and his contract on, please unload him for a cheeseburger and fries.

Gonzalez? He goes nowhere. He’s a great football player, and in the right environment he’s a great teammate.

We don’t have that environment in Kansas City. Pioli was hired to create that environment. So far, he’s good at keeping secrets. Maybe we can make him head of the Soprano Family or the CIA.

Gonzalez’s angst and frustration mirror the angst and frustration of the Kansas City fan base. We’ve all been waiting a decade for this organization to get back to consistent winning and playoff football.

Gonzalez has more invested in the Kansas City Chiefs than Scott Pioli. Gonzalez wanted to be in the loop. He’s begging to be led. I suspect he’ll enthusiastically jump on board with Pioli’s decision to hire Haley.

But no one is just going to give Pioli respect because he was standing around the pile when Belichick made a bunch of Super Bowl tackles. There’s no blind faith in football. Coaches and players believe what they see with their own eyes.

My point is I don’t want any fan, coach or executive to hold Gonzalez’s Honolulu ramblings against him. What I heard was a player who cares deeply about the Chiefs begging for leadership.

Gonzalez wants to hear how and why the Chiefs are going to win football games. If the plan makes sense, he’ll buy in the same way Tedy Bruschi and Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison bought in with the Patriots.

Five weeks of silence and no leadership are enough to irritate any serious, hungry football player. I’m glad it’s over. Pioli believes in one public voice for the franchise. Haley is that voice. Let the leadership begin.

unothadeal
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Scott “Slow Po” Pioli, the new czar of the Chiefs, enjoys the I-got-a-secret game.

Pfffft. Scottie Tightlips is where it's at.

BigRock
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
It's just more of the same bullshit from a few weeks ago about how it wasn't "fair" for Pioli to be secretive and keep the Chiefs' coaching staff in the dark. The KC media has no information and no influence and they're freaking out.

But they aren't going to say that, so instead we'll hear about how wrong it is not to tell coaches who get guaranteed money whether or not they'll have to work to earn it. And we hear this stuff about Tony.

Same thing, different day.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
KC Media I got news for you...you aren't gonna get much from the Chiefs anymore.

There are going to be tons of articles ripping on the Chiefs from here on out because it's hard to write stories when the organization gives you nothing.

OnTheWarpath58
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
It's just more of the same bullshit from a few weeks ago about how it wasn't "fair" for Pioli to be secretive and keep the Chiefs' coaching staff in the dark. The KC media has no information and no influence and they're freaking out.

This.

Dayze
02-05-2009, 11:38 PM
JC Whitlock....go away. Seriously, pack your sh*t and just go away. Don't say goodbye; don't apologize; don't write a witty article.....just go away.

Cease to Be

Be an ex-writer

And take Teicher with you.

Mecca
If Pioli tells LJ and Gonzalez to get the fuck out, which wouldn't surprise me at all we'll see even more hardcore ripping articles not to mention fans freaking out.

Ebolapox
if you handed whitlock a plate of ribs, he'd complain that you didn't put enough bbq sauce on them. if you handed him a check for one million dollars, he'd complain that it wasn't 1.01 million dollars.

happy doesn't sell papers. chaos and problems do. there's nothing to see here, whitlock. this is the best offseason possibly in chiefs' history. and you're gonna fucking complain about it?

Reerun_KC
Bye Whitlock, we hardly seen you....

Fruit Ninja
So he is basically upset that they arent getting any kind of info, and thatpeople like Michael Smith and Jay Glazer are outscooping the local media. ok.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
And another 5 year plan begins.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
So he is basically upset that they arent getting any kind of info, and thatpeople like Michael Smith and Jay Glazer are outscooping the local media. ok.

of course, his job covering the Chiefs was really easy until now...you think he's thrilled about this change?

Count Zarth
happy doesn't sell papers. chaos and problems do. there's nothing to see here, whitlock. this is the best offseason possibly in chiefs' history. and you're gonna fucking complain about it?

No one will remember any of this pointless bullshit in September.

It means absolutely NOTHING.

beach tribe
Awwww. Whitlock is butthurt because Pioli doesn't feed him any info. Poor baby.

Dayze
KC Media I got news for you...you aren't gonna get much from the Chiefs anymore.

There are going to be tons of articles ripping on the Chiefs from here on out because it's hard to write stories when the organization gives you nothing.

I was just mentioning this to a buddy of mine tonight. Couldn't agree more.

The media here in KC is so used to being fed "news" from the Chiefs PR department in the form of 'sources', 'leaks', and 'impromptu' interviews of Carl.....they've forgotten how easy they've had it. that's why these idiots have been a dime a dozen until Pioli arrived.

Wonder if the Star thinks they need their current crack staff of 'writiers' to report on the Chiefs....maybe just hire a college intern each semester to write something when the Chiefs have an announcement.

Otherwise, STFU.

Dayze
02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Awwww. Whitlock is butthurt because Pioli doesn't feed him any info. Poor baby.

Nice signature pic by the way.

:D

Ebolapox
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
No one will remember any of this pointless bullshit in September.

It means absolutely NOTHING.
if the star keeps putting exemplary pieces like this out, they won't have a paper for any of us TO remember in september.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I was just mentioning this to a buddy of mine tonight. Couldn't agree more.

The media here in KC is so used to being fed "news" from the Chiefs PR department in the form of 'sources', 'leaks', and 'impromptu' interviews of Carl.....they've forgotten how easy they've had it. that's why these idiots have been a dime a dozen until Pioli arrived.

Wonder if the Star thinks they need their current crack staff of 'writiers' to report on the Chiefs....maybe just hire a college intern each semester to write something when the Chiefs have an announcement.

Otherwise, STFU.

Adam Teicher couldn't write a good article when he was fed info....maybe this will get him fired.

blueballs
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM
He was all lovey dovey in Tampa
someone pissed in Whitlock's poi
and all is right with the world again

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM
He wanted Carl gone so bad, and he got his wish. Sorry big boy, now you might actually have to work.

Dayze
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Adam Teicher couldn't write a good article when he was fed info....maybe this will get him fired.

Good point.:doh!:

The only thing more annoying than his articles is his air-time on the radio.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Also lets remember the people that read Whitlock most people who sit down to read a paper column aren't hardcore fans, they're the casuals or the people who root for the team and know who the stars are..

He's already setting up an article to write if Gonzalez is moved, because average fan will side with him. Whitlocks entire schtick is him against the front office and he's continuing it and setting it up..

He's smart, because he can get the average fan to side with him by throwing Tony Gonzalez into the mix.

OnTheWarpath58
02-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Also lets remember the people that read Whitlock most people who sit down to read a paper column aren't hardcore fans, they're the casuals or the people who root for the team and know who the stars are..

He's already setting up an article to write if Gonzalez is moved, because average fan will side with him. Whitlocks entire schtick is him against the front office and he's continuing it and setting it up..

He's smart, because he can get the average fan to side with him by throwing Tony Gonzalez into the mix.

Exactly.

Dayze
02-05-2009, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca;5462957]Whitlocks entire schtick is him against the front office and he's continuing it and setting it up..

QUOTE]

Yep.

As you mentioned earlier, I wonder what the new Chiefs FO is doing to these guys. Whitlock must be concerned; hell, heaven forbid the Chiefs win a SB soon. Whitlock will have nothin to write.

...I take that back, he'll find something to complain about and it'll most likely be the race card.

big nasty kcnut
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE FATLOCK. ALSO TONY G. WILL STILL BE HERE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm not so sure I'd count on the Gonzalez thing...as the years have gone on he's become much more of a me 1st my stats what about me player, he whines more and more as the years go by not to mention he's aging and highly paid at a position that isn't overly valuable.

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Whitlock really needs to come up with some new material...

blueballs
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
He's got to have a villain
and Haley might call him out

FAX
02-06-2009, 12:10 AM

Yep. But, Whittles will learn eventually that press conferences and interviews don't win Super Bowls.

FAX

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:10 AM
GOD DAMN THIS FAT SACK OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you listen to ME motherfucker, and you listen good; don't you DARE go attaching Tony Gonzales to your Local Media Butt-Hurt, you "wanna' be crafty" tub of recycled 'Sweet and Mild'!

We endured a TON of your bullshit during the days when the Chiefs were a great team, and you went MORE than out of your way to piss on everyone's parade. Well not this time Jack!

You better weigh your next words carefully, fat boy, or I will cut you off from the Gates feeding trough long enough to cut your balls off, and shove them right down your throat!

jAZ
02-06-2009, 12:31 AM
And now the Chiefs waited two weeks for Pioli to execute his double-top-secret, if-I-tell-you-I’ll-have-to-kill-you coaching search that ended predictably.

It was all rather childish and pointless. But, let’s humor our first-time general manager. He obviously believes secrets put three Super Bowl rings on Belichick’s hand. Plus, he’s yet to make a disagreeable decision.
How f**king stupid.

Letting the future headcoach finish his superbowl run without the distraction of a media empire sitting on their ass for 2 solid weeks looking for anything to create a story out of... is childish and pointless?

Shut the fuck up.

Thig Lyfe
02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
waaaaah.

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Does anyone have any nasty names to call Whitlock?

Anyone?

Any particular name?

I can't think of any.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
The Fatlock Hate is back, and it's about fucking time.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Does anyone have any nasty names to call Whitlock?

Anyone?

Any particular name?

I can't think of any.

"He Of The Largesse Butt-Hurt".

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 12:46 AM
"He Of The Largesse Butt-Hurt".

Mmmmm...no, no that doesn't quite describe him well.

Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
"He Of The Butt-Hurt Largesse".

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I've lived among the Apaches and Navajo for the last three years. How about "Shits in Own Yard"?

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Mmmmm...no, no that doesn't quite describe him well.

Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Sitoncock?

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Sitoncock?

No, no. I think we need something more common. Something...that might have been used to insult someone else...recently....very recently....

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
No, no. I think we need something more common. Something...that might have been used to insult someone else...recently....very recently....

Bum Jester

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Bum Jester

ROFL

Sphincter Harlequin?

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 12:54 AM
ROFL

Sphincter Harlequin?

There's your cover headline.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 12:54 AM
The Hemorrhoideus One?

Crush
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Sorry Claythan, but I believe assclown is solely reserved for Athan.

Crush
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Personally, I like Shitlock.

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Personally, I like Shitlock.

That happens when you don't get enough fiber....

Mecca
02-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't hate Whitlock, he's just filling his role for the paper, you can't have everyone write feel good positive articles it gets to repetitive.

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
There's your cover headline.

Seriously though, you should write an article calling Whitlock out on this.

In the words of Gunther,

"It's fucking [WPI]. Defend our honor!"

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't hate Whitlock, he's just filling his role for the paper, you can't have everyone write feel good positive articles it gets to repetitive.

I have a feeling he will discover that his "role" as it relates to the Chiefs, is a theatrical presentation that played itself out long, long ago.

Count Zarth
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Seriously though, you should write an article calling Whitlock out on this.

In the words of Gunther,

"It's fucking [WPI]. Defend our honor!"

I refuse.

1. Whitlock is one of my heroes.

2. When the people trying to report the story become the story, something is very, very wrong. I won't be involved in perpetrating it.

3. It's all fun and games. This is sports media. It's not the end of the world.

4. Negative attention is better than no attention.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 01:02 AM
I have a feeling he will discover that his "role" as it relates to the Chiefs, is a theatrical presentation that played itself out long, long ago.

He's doing what he's suppose to do, Posnanski is the feel good positive writer.

KCChiefsFan88
02-06-2009, 03:52 AM
While the whole situation with Herm could have been handled quicker (I still maintain Clark should have fired Herm immediately after the season ended)... it isn't like Pioli could have moved much quicker in hiring Todd Haley considering the fact Arizona's season ended this past Sunday.

kysirsoze
02-06-2009, 04:25 AM
While the whole situation with Herm could have been handled quicker (I still maintain Clark should have fired Herm immediately after the season ended)... it isn't like Pioli could have moved much quicker in hiring Todd Haley considering the fact Arizona's season ended this past Sunday.

I don't think Herm was in too big a hurry. He had plenty of time to book his new gig analyzing a game he can't coach.

Fritz88
02-06-2009, 04:39 AM
I want to lock Whitlock and Pioli in one room and have them go at it.

kysirsoze
02-06-2009, 04:43 AM
I want to lock Whitlock and Pioli in one room and have them go at it.

:eek: Pioli would kick his ass bad. It would be hard to watch.

Amnorix
02-06-2009, 06:10 AM

QFT. The press will be relentless until/unless the Chiefs do some serious winning. The media blackout at Foxboro caused much gnashing of teeth, but when BB won the SB in his 2nd, 4th and 5th years as HC, they had to shut up becuase fans didn't care.

FAX
02-06-2009, 06:10 AM
If Whittles keeps this up, he's going to wake up one morning and find Warpaint's head in the bed next to him.

FAX

MahiMike
02-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Whitlock is like a political comedian that doesn't realize the old regime he used to make fun of is gone. Way to open your arms Jason.

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 06:23 AM

But they aren't going to say that, so instead we'll hear about how wrong it is not to tell coaches who get guaranteed money whether or not they'll have to work to earn it. And we hear this stuff about Tony.

Yep. He is just butt hurt that he no longer has any sources.

Also Pioli said in his press conference that he believes the head coach is the leader and spokesperson of the team so he finally found that person.

Jerm
02-06-2009, 07:00 AM
This is why I said in the Whitlock/Athan thread that it was beyond stupid for Whitlock to be ripping anyone else...because of friggin' tripe like this.

What a joke, seriously.

I can't believe this dude is ripping Pioli already. All of these morons pined for Carl and Herm to be gone and wanted things to be done right and now that they are, they don't like it. Give me a break.

Typical Whitlock though.

CrazyHorse
02-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Translation:

Whitlock is pissed he had nothing to run off at the mouth about for the last 5 weeks. He was left to his talents to generate legitimate articles.

So what do we get? An article whining about others whining.

BigRedChief
02-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Sounds like it to me. Whiny bitch column.

luv
02-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Translation:

Whitlock is pissed he had nothing to run off at the mouth about for the last 5 weeks. He was left to his talents to generate legitimate articles.

So what do we get? An article whining about others whining.

This.

Seems like some reporters/columnists are getting pissy now that daddy Carl is gone.

cabletech94
02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
I usually am entertained by Whitlocks columns, this one bored me from the get go. I think the whole secrecy behind Arrowhead Dr. may cause a few more of these *winning* pieces.

Chief Faithful
02-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Athan is erroneous, Whitlock is the assclown.

petegz28
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Fuck Whitlock.

raybec 4
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
This.

Seems like some reporters/columnists are getting pissy now that daddy Carl is gone.

Especially someone like Whitlock who makes his living with negativity so he can call himself edgy. He doesn't have anything bad to say about Pioli so he's bitching because Pioli hasn't dine anything wrong yet? What a maroon.

bevis369
02-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Fatlock sounds like someone has sand in his vagnia...

Chief Faithful
02-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Especially someone like Whitlock who makes his living with negativity so he can call himself edgy. He doesn't have anything bad to say about Pioli so he's bitching because Pioli hasn't dine anything wrong yet? What a maroon.

So is it accurate to say Whitlock is an "edgy assclown"? Wait, make that "edgy big assclown".

el borracho
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Q: Who knows more about running an NFL franchise- Scott Pioli or Jason Whitlock?

A: Shut the fuck up, Jason! No one cares if you're upset right now.

TEX
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
IMO, Whitlock's right with his takes on Gonzo and L.J.

Duck Dog
02-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Talk about whining. That article was so full of whining it hurt to read.

Brock
02-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Somebody took his binky away.

stevieray
02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
it's fun watching the have now culture freak..

pioli doesn't owe whit anything.

Christofire
02-06-2009, 08:05 AM
GOD DAMN THIS FAT SACK OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you listen to ME mother****er, and you listen good; don't you DARE go attaching Tony Gonzales to your Local Media Butt-Hurt, you "wanna' be crafty" tub of recycled 'Sweet and Mild'!

We endured a TON of your bullshit during the days when the Chiefs were a great team, and you went MORE than out of your way to piss on everyone's parade. Well not this time Jack!

You better weigh your next words carefully, fat boy, or I will cut you off from the Gates feeding trough long enough to cut your balls off, and shove them right down your throat!

Whew ... this made me laugh more than anything I've read on this board in a long time. Nicely done.

Lzen
Good Lord. What a steaming pile of dung that article was.

Messier
He's convinced me me. I'm off the Pioli bandwagon! He's had his chance, let's face it his one month plan has not worked!

StcChief
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM

There are going to be tons of articles ripping on the Chiefs from here on out because it's hard to write stories when the organization gives you nothing. and if Fatlock is fired over this so be it. Worth it.

LOCOChief
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Whitlock is a cancer for the Chiefs. As much as we needed change in the front office and coaching we need change in local sports coverage as well. Ever since his dumbass 1998 prediction he's been nothing but a problem for this town and it's fans.

I will say that on occasion he writes an entertaining article, but for the most part they are usually just attacks. He's a sleazy peice of crap like Rome and I'd love to see someone knock his **ck in the dirt.

Call me crazy but I don't feel good about KC sports future with Whitlock covering them, it's a karma thing.

KcMizzou
02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Gotta love the local media's sense of entitlement. I think it's amusing, watching them twist in the wind.

Micjones
02-06-2009, 08:25 AM

That just means it's time for some old school journalism to return.
Get back to really spending time with this team and its players/coaches.
Log some real time getting to know what makes them tick.

BigChiefFan
02-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Absolute trash from Whitlock.

raybec 4
02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
That just means it's time for some old school journalism to return.
Get back to really spending time with this team and its players/coaches.
Log some real time getting to know what makes them tick.

What??? Fuck that shit, you got your nerve askin somebody to do their job instead of parking themselves in front of a laptop with a dozen krispy kremes and pounding out some opinionated bullshit with no facts involved what so ever.

Bearcat
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Whitlock stood up for Pioli during the Herm delay, while JoPo bashed him. And guess what, JoPo's article had a bunch of replies here while (iirc) Whitlock's article wasn't even posted and was an afterthought in JoPo's thread. We love controversy....

Bweb
02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I usually read Whitlock's articles to see what he has to say. But this was pretty much a pile of BS. He is whining of not being in the "loop"!

Well get a clue fatty...you ain't goin to be in the "loop" anytime soon. You might have to actually work to get a story!

Coogs
02-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Without having read this thread my personal feelings may have already been covered by someone else.

I really like the way things have went down the past month. There were guidelines that needed to be followed with regards to hiring someone off of either the Steelers staff or the Cardinals staff. I like the fact that Pioli did not interfere with the Cardinals preperation to play in the Super Bowl, and hope if we wind up playing in the Super Bowl ourselves one day that other teams give the same courtesy back.

I still think Hackett was not focused back in the 90's on the Chiefs, but more interested in his next job. I wonder if some of the other co-ordinaters this playoff season that now have head coaching gigs gave their teams full attention, or were starting to look for the greener pastures a bit early.

I really am not expecting to see an immediate improvement to a playoff level team this next year either. I hope they continue to build this thing in the right manner. And I hope all other chiefs fans give them a couple of years grace period as well, because there is a lot of fixing needing to be done if this thing is going to be the dynasty type of team we would all like to see.

So a big :thumb: to Clark and Pioli. Keep doing what you are doing, even if we as fans don't know every little move you make. Stronger leadership comes from the way you have handled this than the way Whitlock suggest it should be done.

Darth CarlSatan
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
He thinks he can start up the old routine again, and that all of his loyal Carl/Marty-haters are going to respond with enthusiasm, and he is wrong.

If he gets too close to the fire with regards to Pioli/Haley; he WILL get burned.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-06-2009, 09:20 AM

If, and that is a big word here, Scott Pioli was planning to hire Haley all along, then I don't see how he could have done it much differently. However, the length of time did adversely affect the team for the upcoming year.

Now, as far as leaving coaches twisting in the wind.... if they fire Gailey at this point, it will be a black mark on the Chiefs organization because they prevented Gailey from interviewing with the Bucs.

Now, hopefully, it gets overlooked due to the specific circumstances of the situation, but you never know.

tomahawk kid
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
".....I'm sure those grapes are much too sour........"

NickAthanFan
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Why do people listen to Whitlock. He's an asclown. ASCLOWN.

EyePod
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
He was a coach of a Super Bowl team. Pioli may have wanted him all along, but he couldn't get him UNTIL AFTER THE SUPER BOWL! What the fuck is wrong with Whitlock besides whining about the media not being able to get the major info. Once again, a major sports outlet beats out the in town media.